Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Although still silly as ever these pics seem like a grown up version of the ones they did for the project of awesome fundraiser. There's something idk, warmer? about them and a sense of calmness? or self assurance? I'm not sure how to explain it but I do know that when looking at those photos I feel confident that the quotes "Dan and Phil vs the world" and "will you and Phil be best friends forever? that's the plan" are not something belonging only to a certain time period in their lives/careers. They meant what they said, and if stepping back from joint content for a while when needed helps to maintain that I 100% support it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

anna_begins wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:40 pm Although still silly as ever these pics seem like a grown up version of the ones they did for the project of awesome fundraiser. There's something idk, warmer? about them and a sense of calmness? or self assurance? I'm not sure how to explain it but I do know that when looking at those photos I feel confident that the quotes "Dan and Phil vs the world" and "will you and Phil be best friends forever? that's the plan" are not something belonging only to a certain time period in their lives/careers. They meant what they said, and if stepping back from joint content for a while when needed helps to maintain that I 100% support it.
I love that. :( I agree.

This is one of my favorites:

glitterintheair
phillluminati

Whoever gets the b&w polaroid is my new personal enemy (Also it reminds me of the Singapore Aquarium selfie - same energy there).

I noticed the difference between the two polaroid versions too. The ones they took in 2015 had more of a 'friends having fun and doing silly faces' vibe, but these ones just give off a 'long-term couple taking cute pics' vibe and I love that so much.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ok I love the pouting one, and the one next to it with the Phil-angelface and Dan-stickingouttongue
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

It mostly has a "we need to make 20 pictures for this contest we did to lure viewers to the platform of our sponsor" vibe to me. But hey, they're still cute pictures :shrug:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The upside down one is really cute too, once you flip it.

liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:21 pm The upside down one is really cute too, once you flip it.

For a moment there I thought Dan had straight hair and seeing it next to the quiff sent me into some weird alternate universe that I don't necessarily hate

Man the more I look at those pics the cuter they get. Now if Phil wanted to post today I would feel properly fed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I came here to see if I could find something to distract me from my parliament election-related anxiety, and wasn't disappointed! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

Dan’s hair does look really short and not too curly, that combined with the dark lighting and eclipse shirt did make me do a double take. Agreed the black and white the best, I love the double wink, tongue and angel face, and the natural smile one that is glitter’s new background. But yeah I feel so well fed. With the Q&A and new Phil merch “soon” I feel like this spring could be a new beginning. :cherryblossom: :love2: :japhan:
hello9217
flower crown

Phil’s merch shop is down 👀
Ablissa
pastel persona

hello9217 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:30 pm Phil’s merch shop is down 👀
It's up for me and no new stuff. Damn. Maybe a test run?
rikonee
drama llama

Damn, our king Phil coming thru with those polaroids.

Also, the vibe of the polaroids :love2: ...what kinda couple bullshit is that? :happytears:

Lol I am very easy to please. And now, just need the new video. :D
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

coming out of my death coffin just to say how much i love the polariod photos, i legit was smiling and staring at it for the longest time while i was in the bus today

edit: @ mods, adding this in cz i just got a weird screen when i hit submit and i had to refresh the page twice before it went back to normal (hence i accidentally doubleposted, but i deleted the second post so its all good) its working now tho but just thought id let you know cz idk what that was about

edit 2: nope i take it back, its still showing up and it wont go away after many refreshing and i have to go back in my history or open idb on a new tab to see the changes...
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

I’ve been getting that page as well for the past two days. You actually don’t have to do anything after hitting submit, it’s gone through every time for me. :shrug:

Also I’d just like to announce that I’ve hammered in the stakes of my tent on moving hill. Who wants to roast marshmallows with me?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:20 am I’ve been getting that page as well for the past two days. You actually don’t have to do anything after hitting submit, it’s gone through every time for me. :shrug:

Also I’d just like to announce that I’ve hammered in the stakes of my tent on moving hill. Who wants to roast marshmallows with me?
We're working on it, sorry! We hope to have it resolved over the weekend.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

If we roast marshmallows on moving hill I bet it would attract Phil.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:20 am Also I’d just like to announce that I’ve hammered in the stakes of my tent on moving hill. Who wants to roast marshmallows with me?
Good, I'm in! Gonna bring something to drink. :ribena:

Unrelated but I just saw 'dan and phil' trended on tumblr yesterday and all it took for that was some polaroids.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Late to the party but those Polaroids are just too cute :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I wonder if the delay in posting Phil's Q&A may be related to a potential Easter video. As in Phil was going to post earlier, so that in another 10 days or so he could have Dan over for a joint Easter-themed video, but then they decided against it, and now Phil's delaying the Q&A so that the phandom would feel fed and he could skip Easter altogether in their usual manner, without acknowledging it.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

coffeepenguin wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:50 pm I wonder if the delay in posting Phil's Q&A may be related to a potential Easter video. As in Phil was going to post earlier, so that in another 10 days or so he could have Dan over for a joint Easter-themed video, but then they decided against it, and now Phil's delaying the Q&A so that the phandom would feel fed and he could skip Easter altogether in their usual manner, without acknowledging it.
That's a valid theory, but I also think it might well be merch related. If the Q&A is already filmed and he promotes merch in it and says to go buy it, and some kind of hang up happened with being able to go live with the shop, he's only got two choices: wait, or refilm. The fact that his shop was down briefly yesterday intrigues me.
liola
rankussy

I wonder if he got involved with Honey again? Maybe there's a sponsorship going on that also involves his site since he said he got them hooked with his merch shop, maybe he's waiting for approval to give the go live on everything
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Funny how the merch is the one thing they still are communicating pretty regularly about.
So it's come to that then, ey.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

The stars aligned and gave him the perfect mishap for his brand :lol:
This is probably part of the pre-upload social media flirting/hyping. My bet is on a video tonight.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:58 pm
coffeepenguin wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:50 pm I wonder if the delay in posting Phil's Q&A may be related to a potential Easter video. As in Phil was going to post earlier, so that in another 10 days or so he could have Dan over for a joint Easter-themed video, but then they decided against it, and now Phil's delaying the Q&A so that the phandom would feel fed and he could skip Easter altogether in their usual manner, without acknowledging it.
That's a valid theory, but I also think it might well be merch related. If the Q&A is already filmed and he promotes merch in it and says to go buy it, and some kind of hang up happened with being able to go live with the shop, he's only got two choices: wait, or refilm. The fact that his shop was down briefly yesterday intrigues me.
well, yes, issues with merch would be an obvious reason for the delay and, as @liola said, sorting the details for another honey sponsorship would be one as well, I was just musing about any other potential non dramatic reason, also thinking back to the discussion we had about our collective hope for Easter baking. I guess we'll know soon, if the delay is because of the merch, Phil will mention it, I think.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Moderator Note

In light of some concerns recently raised about the comfort and safety of the forum, the Moderator Team has created a post with details about how these concerns can be addressed. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone on the Moderator Team at any time.

Please, Phil--where is the video?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."