Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somelikeitpink
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

firsttimeposter wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm dan talking about us ‘wanting to know more about his and phil’s relationship’ and saying “I take that as a compliment” really shows that he knows his and phil’s relationship is freaking beautiful haha.
I think he's fully aware of it. They are probably couples goal no. 1 in their friends circle :P
noodlebum
flower crown

omg I'm just imagining the nominated thread names for next thread :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm Even Jeremy Corbyn replied to Dan's video...
(I'm still emotionally processing. Gonna write a longer post here soon)
lmfao okay Dan
noodlebum
flower crown

Is allotment a typo or a weird joke wtf haha
bevioletsky
glabella

noodlebum wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm Is allotment a typo or a weird joke wtf haha
It’s a reference, Corbyn famously (?) faithfully tends to his allotment - community garden, I think is what AOC calls them in her instastories.

(This is like my third post within a day here, the video fucked me up and I cannot focus on anything productive. Which feels ridiculous.)
noodlebum
flower crown

bevioletsky wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm
noodlebum wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm Is allotment a typo or a weird joke wtf haha
It’s a reference, Corbyn famously (?) faithfully tends to his allotment - community garden, I think is what AOC calls them in her instastories.
Ahh I see! Cute :P thanks

(also same, I haven't posted in ages now I can't leave, too many feels)
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

phanfckingtastic wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 am Now the mystery is solved and the suspicions confirmed I can go back to following the Buttigiegs, who provide a lot more content and same levels of wholesomeness - or even more, and the stakes couldn’t be higher. Ey 2020!

Wow.
Feels surreal, huh?
Just going to slide in here to say I love Pete and Chasten. As someone who works in politics, they are really special. Pete's a special candidate and Chasten's support is refreshing.

Also I've applied to work on the campaign so I'm biased....

To make this on topic.... DAN :rainbow:
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Dan has given us so much to talk about that we will need a new thread soon! :wavingflag:

Be sure your suggestions for the next thread name are :rainbow: here. :pride:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

In Depth Bants' Instagram Story Complation; Coming Out Edition! :prideflag:

Featuring the best title card I've ever made and some important bonus tweets. :rainbow:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

omg it just slapped me in the face that they can walk in the london pride parade. (if they want to. all on them. do what you're comfortable with, bbs).

:prideheart2: :prideheart2: :prideheart2:
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I'm still reeling after everything. Everything still feels like some sort of fever dream because I didn't think that we'd ever get a coming out video (at least not this soon).
I'm so fucking happy I've been able to follow him throughout this journey the past 6 or so years. I've watched him come so far in terms of self confidence and self love and it's been the most heart-warming, hope-fueling thing to witness <3
This video was so much more than just a coming out. This was him finally reclaiming the thing that people have tried to take from him time and time again. He snatched his own sexuality right out of the hands of all the homophobic people from his past and everyone who speculated too far and took back ownership of the one thing that he never really had a grasp on and im drowning in how proud I am tbh.
I'm also glad he brought up the point that even though the world may be ready for you to come out, that doesn't mean you have to be. Coming out is a scary fucking thing to do, even in the places that seem the most accepting. The fear of the unexpected and knowing that you can't control how other people react and treat you afterward is intimidating. The fact that Dan had the courage to do this despite everything he's been through is amazing. I love this man so much :prideheart2:
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
scientia
phabergé

A day later and I’m still so happy! Woke up smiling just thinking about it. But also...

I really, really want to see joint content sometime soon. I want to see them in this new, brighter, IMO better reality so badly.
noodlebum
flower crown

scientia wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 pm A day later and I’m still so happy! Woke up smiling just thinking about it. But also...

I really, really want to see joint content sometime soon. I want to see them in this new, brighter, IMO better reality so badly.
Same, can you imagine the relief and happiness that would be showing through? If they were comfortable with that, who knows. I'm intrigued how their channels and content play out now, but very excited for everything to come no matter what it is tbh :wavingflag:
George
sad dimple

alien wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:19 amit's not like phil found and pursued dan but it was dan who sought out phil and because of that courage to put himself out there he found someone who liked him and supported him and became his best friend, companion through life, and soulmate.
I love this comment. God knows Dan can be irritating at times, but the reason I look up to him so much is how fucking brave he is. He didn't have to upload this video. He didn't have to pour his heart and soul out for 45 minutes. This must have been so scary to make, and he still managed to make it so perfect. And even after all he went through in his youth he didn't give up and instead acted and found Phil. I hope he realizes that himself - despite that old formspring answer he saved himself.

I can only hope to find courage like that some day.

Yesterday it become exactly a year since I saw them at II. I can't stop wondering how different the rest of the tour would have been if he had dropped this back then (as he intended). Last June the future was unclear (as the song said) - and now the future is queer.

Also, I really liked the way he handled his and Phil's relationship. It would have been too weird to not say anything about it when it was such a big part of the story, but saying it's something he wants to keep between them really highlights how much he values Phil and at the same time it was a clever way to shut down the questions.

I stan the right people.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Ablissa
pastel persona

For some reason, this one hit me extra hard (it was enjoyable)
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Very happy for Dan. The video is perfect and although I've lost a lot of interest in them in the past few year, I feel like this new era will be very good for Dan and hopefully for Phil too.
kavat
pastel persona

Love this!
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

kavat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 pm Love this!
THAT'S ADORABLE

I'm so happy for him I could cry. AGAIN. :happytears:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Apple In My Pie
tol bean

I really, really hope that now pinof is over, they do a joint mukbang at the end of the year. I would love, love, love to just hear them sit down and talk about... it, all of it - how dan feels, how phil feels, what’s next. The tiny, selfish gremlin in me would love to hear more about their relationships (although I understand why dan wants to keep private entirely and wouldn’t push it) and I do hope as they both begin this exciting new chapter that they open up a bit more.

I haven’t processed it at all. I can’t explain how proud I am of him 💕
sonicgreen
woodland creature

HES SO SWEET AHHHHHHHH SO DESERVING OF ALL THIS LOVE
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I can’t get over his face! Look how fucking happy he looks!! Love seeing these pics of him so happy and so relieved. I can’t imagine the stress that was building up these past few months, only to be relieved by a wave of support.

Love this new icon by the way

:gayaf:
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
AltMay
glabella

Yesterday I had to put my life on hold. I was on my way to work and had to call in sick cause I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything at all. It hit me so hard cause as soon as he tweeted that he was uploading I tried to convince myself so hard this wasn't gonna be it.
I'm so filled with emotion and butterflies still, and so proud and happy for him (and also Phil). I don't really have much to add to all that's been said here. I did want to take my time reading all of your posts and I just... I'm wrecked.

I don't have a coming out story,
I repressed my sexuality early on. I relate to so many things, especially the internalised opression and, well, stuff I can't really put into words; and even though I wouldn't say I'm miserable because I'm in a 10 year relationship and have a beautiful daughter which I feel immensely grateful for, I feel like I'll never get to live my life truthfully and it hurts so bad all the time. At the same time, I can't wait till my daughter is old enough so I can show her this video and make her feel the freedom, love and acceptance I never felt.
I love Dan and Phil wholeheartedly, they've positively changed my life. I love you all for being this amazing community which yeah, has its ups and downs like every group of people have, but I like to dwell on the bright side of life.

Anyway, there's a lot to unpack about this video and I'm still processing, I'm glad he took his time and uploaded a full on carefully crafted masterpiece. He went everywhere, he spoke his mind freely and sensibly, and this is defintely the kind of content I was waiting for him to upload (not particulary the coming out cause I never really expected one but the storytelling in its full form which he's amazingly good at).

Well, this mess is all I can write for now, I can only say I will never forget yesterday and I'm realy excited for what's to come. :prideheart2:

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
dontpanic
#relatable

goodbants wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm
I can’t get over his face! Look how fucking happy he looks!! Love seeing these pics of him so happy and so relieved. I can’t imagine the stress that was building up these past few months, only to be relieved by a wave of support.

Love this new icon by the way

:gayaf:
omfg I love it, I'm glad Dan's having such a positive coming-out experience. Who do y'all think sent the balloons ?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Couple more tweets from Dan! I'm so glad he's basking in it.
liola
rankussy

I've been trying all day to make a more articulate post instead of just screaming and flailing on Twitter but God I'm just so happy and proud of Dan, and also of Phil. What immense courage, to open your heart to a world of millions of voices and just share something as intimate as this. That video was magnificent and I'm proud of him.

And Phil's tweet, God, I know it's not him who did the big coming out but I want to acknowledge just how Phil his own coming out was, how much pride you can feel in his tweets and also just how much trust he has on giving Dan the privilege to also tell part of Phil's story - because they have shared their history with us, together, for 10 years. I hope Phil can share some of his own voice one day If he feels like it, and from his tweet it looks like he's thought about it but either way, wow :happytears: I just have so much love for them
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor