Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

wells.kai wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 pm What did Phil’s member post say? When did he post this? I’m just wondering because I don’t have the membership 😥
I’m not a member either, but it’s in the third post on this page - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1692&p=107927

Just seen elsewhere that the photographer is someone who used to post emo photos years ago and one of my writer friends used them (in an amateur hobby way) for one of his characters. Amazing, takes me back to 2010 ;)
wells.kai
squish
Pronouns: They/Them

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm
wells.kai wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:31 pm this sounds interesting... whats the @? i love photography in general so :shrug:
alexevansphotography. Dan hasn’t liked anything but Alex liked dans piano picture and his still alive photo
Edited to add: if it’s the same Alex Evans then he used to be a big MySpace Emo back in the day

Oh if Alex was a big MySpace Emo then that would
make sense. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Your full time internet homo :gayaf:
wells.kai
squish
Pronouns: They/Them

flarequake wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 pm
wells.kai wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 pm What did Phil’s member post say? When did he post this? I’m just wondering because I don’t have the membership 😥
I’m not a member either, but it’s in the third post on this page - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1692&p=107927

Just seen elsewhere that the photographer is someone who used to post emo photos years ago and one of my writer friends used them (in an amateur hobby way) for one of his characters. Amazing, takes me back to 2010 ;)

Thank you much!
Sincerely,
Your full time internet homo :gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ok, but it's been so long since dan's posted that i've forgotten if he's gay or not.
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:39 pm ok, but it's been so long since dan's posted that i've forgotten if he's gay or not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

starwatersong wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm
rizzo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:39 pm ok, but it's been so long since dan's posted that i've forgotten if he's gay or not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Based on the drama I'm seeing secondhand on tumblr, you apparently aren't the only one.
noodlebum
flower crown

flarequake wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Oh my god I remember him, with the snakebites! I used to love so many of his photos from Deviantart :love1:
Doesn't look like he has his photos on there anymore, but here's a fan edit in case you want a bit of an emo-heaven nostalgia trip too
https://www.deviantart.com/iiconartist/ ... -108544172

I used him as a physical reference for a story character back in the day too :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Heads up, nerds, Danny might be on tv tonight, or maybe not cos who actually tells us, but
I will attempt to screen record on iPlayer if I can, whenever it actually happens.
plastictrees
drama llama

the lack of content and updates have now got me just thinking about the exact kind of videos i’d like right now if we’re living in fantasy ‘anything can happen’ land.

in which case, surprise video from dan ‘how i ran the london marathon’ (still not 100% convinced that runner wasn’t him)
and another viewers pick my outfits from phil whilst i’m at it
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Btw, there’s a clip on Ben’s ig of him on the news with Prince William in the background on a screen so it might be just that, or both. Also it won’t be at the start of the show, but I’m sure we can all hang on in case of one Dan ;)

Also just saw this linked on Twitter - http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-2209
knq
lava lamp

All my love for anyone who tries to record Dan on the BBC! :prideheart2: the correspondent seems sweet and I have high expectations.
plastictrees wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 pm the lack of content and updates have now got me just thinking about the exact kind of videos i’d like right now if we’re living in fantasy ‘anything can happen’ land.

in which case, surprise video from dan ‘how i ran the london marathon’ (still not 100% convinced that runner wasn’t him)
and another viewers pick my outfits from phil whilst i’m at it
Iirc there was a Daniel Howell signed up for a marathon, but that person didn’t actually run the marathon, they were just signed up.

It did seem like Dan was jogging at the beginning of the hiatus though, I’d forgotten about that, so maybe he planned to run at some point.
scientia
phabergé

Just feeling a little sad - while I’m so happy Dan is out there shining, now I miss Phil. :shrug:
Ablissa
pastel persona

:rainbow: To celebrate Dan and share our own experiences, we're hosting a special IDB Watch Fest! :rainbow:

We are going to watch three of Dan's videos that truly tell a story: Daniel and Depression, Trying To Live My Truth, and Basically I'm Gay.

We want to use this fest to give people a chance to really look at Dan's journey through these three videos and relate it to their own. We welcome both commentary on the video and also any stories that you may want to share about how Dan has inspired you and helped you find your truth, or just made you feel seen and validated.
We will host it in the IDB Watch parties subforum to allow for a more dedicated place to talk than the main Dan and Phil forum.

This is going to follow our old format - we won't be using rabb.it. Instead, everyone will watch at their own pace and then come join us in the designated thread. We will start this watch fest on Friday, June 28th, at 7 PM UTC and allow it to run for the entire weekend at the very least.

Watch the videos with us, think about Dan's story, talk about it, or talk about yours. Let's appreciate Dan together and have a bit of a heart to heart. :prideheart2:

Join us in this thread starting from Friday: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1693 (it will remain locked until the watch fest begins)
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:00 pm Heads up, nerds, Danny might be on tv tonight, or maybe not cos who actually tells us, but
Ben Hunte's saying next week, so I'm thinking that means not tonight.
(Definitely not my screenshot because I am not a person who would call Ben Hunte "cutie" on IG... and my IG isn't in Swedish.)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, that’s annoying, he said “next week” last week. Tonight is probably about Prince William, then.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Was that said today though? London Pride is in like 10 days, so maybe it'll be next week but I guess it depends on when that dm conversation happened.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Btw, the Prince William clip was just on and was a whole 90 seconds, so Dan’s might not be very long either.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

flarequake wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 pm Btw, the Prince William clip was just on and was a whole 90 seconds, so Dan’s might not be very long either.
Lol I’ve never had any faith in it being a full interview over 10 mins so this is not surprise but at least my expectations will be low for whenever it airs
DeadlyNova
living flop

LMAO I brought a photo of Alex Evans to the hairdresser when I was 14 to get 'emo hair'. Didn't work too well because my hair is very curly and I don't have the patience Dan did to straighten it for years. I think I straightened that haircut a total of four times the entire time I had it.

I'm excited for the interview, even if it is short.

I agree with what a lot of you said about missing them more now that the haitus is 'over'....I kind of pushed them to the back of my brain during all of that(or tried to) and focused on other things, but now they're at the front again and I want content.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm Was that said today though? London Pride is in like 10 days, so maybe it'll be next week but I guess it depends on when that dm conversation happened.
Yeah, that message is from today. I did get confused at first because he said "next week" last week but it seems like the timing may not have been determined and he was guessing? I don't know, if I'm wrong that would be great, but she asked today.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Templeofshame wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm Was that said today though? London Pride is in like 10 days, so maybe it'll be next week but I guess it depends on when that dm conversation happened.
Yeah, that message is from today. I did get confused at first because he said "next week" last week but it seems like the timing may not have been determined and he was guessing? I don't know, if I'm wrong that would be great, but she asked today.
Thanks for confirming! But yeah looks like sometime next week then. It would be nice if we weren't kept on our toes like this lol. Brb gonna go glue a clown face on
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 pm This was happening a lot on Tumblr, people wanting to make their point about RPF shipping and mlm fetishization using phan as an example, isn’t new, but it seemed like everyone post in the phan tag was about that for a solid week. I’ve commented on a few of these posts and even got into a DM with one person who “hadn’t ever watched these dudes” but was calling their fans “freaks” and “clowns”, saying “here comes the circus” and that their relationship was “complete fiction”. First I quoted from his video then I illuminated her with several paragraphs about the history of their relationship with their fan base and she just responded “k”, then posted that we were touchy, lol.
sorry to bring this back but yeah... i love how people like to talk shit about things they don't understand just because they have fingers, a social media account and a lot of free time. People will never see the phandom as a place that holds people in their 20's/30's (even though the surveys show we exist) but as a bunch of 13-year-olds either shipping with no shame or being thirsty for dnp.

I also saw more posts about not making the video about phan than actual posts making it about phan. i might've contributed to a few (because i saw people phrasing things wrong and calling me homophobic... which... i'm queer so... nope) but i do believe that we are "over-policing" ourselves because we really don't want to cross a line.

Sidenote: is there a thread about wife-Janice I can read? I think I missed it and I wanna laugh in the middle of this big uncertainty :ribena:
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

snoopysadie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 am Sidenote: is there a thread about wife-Janice I can read? I think I missed it and I wanna laugh in the middle of this big uncertainty :ribena:
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pmcitizen_erased I forget which video Janice from the shop was mentioned in, but Phil jokes that he thinks he might be getting close to her or something, anyone recall? I have no idea where Sabrina is from originally, but she is mentioned by Dan as Phil's pregnant wife in a ls. He seemed quite amused.
Someone started a rumor in phandom in January that Phil was married and his wife was pregnant. I think it's one of those things where someone made a blog ("phangate") about how Knew it was Totally Real. Dan and Phil both got questions on younow about it, and both answered. When Dan answered he said Phil's wife's name was Sabrina, when Phil answered he used Janice. Timestamps of them both talking about it under the cut:
Dan talks about Sabrina at 39:24:

And at 39:35 here Phil acts out the lead up to the divorce with Janice:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
autumnhearth
senpai

Perhaps the “collab” part just means the shout out will come from both of them.
obvsly
#relatable

Ablissa wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm This is going to follow our old format - we won't be using rabb.it. Instead, everyone will watch at their own pace and then come join us in the designated thread. We will start this watch fest on Friday, June 28th, at 7 PM UTC and allow it to run for the entire weekend at the very least.

Watch the videos with us, think about Dan's story, talk about it, or talk about yours. Let's appreciate Dan together and have a bit of a heart to heart. :prideheart2:
Very excited about this! I’ve never got rabb.it to work for me so I never participated there lol I’ll be here this weekend!

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:47 am Perhaps the “collab” part just means the shout out will come from both of them.
VidCon promotes the shout outs with a bunch of other creators as well, using the exact same wording as dan’s and phil’s, so I really don’t think the “collab” means just the two of them. Not sure how it’d be though :shrug: