Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

That was so funny and also heart-warming. Just such a Phil vid.
I'm very proud of him. :pride: :prideheart2:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Found this on twitter
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
eevee
emo goose

SO MUCH IS HAPENEENENEKNINGIGIIGIGNIGIGIGNINGI
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
dontpanic
#relatable

That was so... Phil I love it
liola
rankussy

That was SUCH a Phil video and the fucking bedsheets in the closet I'm dkkskskdkx such a sweet funny man bless him I knew this silence had to mean something and I m just :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I'm so glad we finally know his true hair colour! That was all I ever wanted, thank you Phil :stan:

no but for real though, this must've been a really big step for Phil too and I'm really proud and happy :happytears: :happytears: and this was such a Phil Video lmao, just cheery and funny, I love this video and I love him :prideheart2: :prideheart2: :prideheart2:
autumnhearth
senpai

!!!! Phil Capital G Gay Lester! That was so upbeat! Lol at the closet bit. But it was also genuinely relatable and helpful. I’m glad he shared his story with us. He’s so delightful.

So that’s why he was quiet and didn’t mention a video in his members message. I think we should be pretty well fed with updates from VidCon and the road trip! Horray! :prideheart2: :prideflag: :prideheart2:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I LAUGHED THE WHOLE VIDEO.

Kings. True freaking kings.
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

I'm a wreck. This month has been too much :happytears: :love1:
Phil's video was adorable and very authentically Phil. Short, sweet, and slightly goofy. I hope the dude who outed him has had an awful day, though lol.
I'm so fucking happy for both of them. They both deserve endless happiness in this new chapter of their lives. My heart is so whole.
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
padfoot
smol bean

:rainbow: this was the most uplifting coming out video i have ever seen and i'm 50000000% prouder in this very lovely pride day. :prideheart2:

also, editing this just to say: the closet bit was sensational, iconic, breathtaking, and gay. 10/10
Last edited by padfoot on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Y'all... I am EMOTIONALLY UNEQUIPPED for both the short-term (IG stories? Dan tweet? Pride?) and long-term (moving! dogs! forever happiness!) future!!!!
bevioletsky
glabella

Oh I feel like that must have been a difficult video for him to make, considering how incredibly private he is in a lot of ways, but one I imagine he wanted to get out of the way now that Dan had shared his story - illustrated by the short low-key masterpiece that was him in the closet. So very Phil. I’m so proud of him, honestly. :rainbow:
Mia
spork

When Phil tweeted that he will make a video about his sexuality at some point and it’ll be pretty low-key a few weeks ago. I was honestly expecting if we got it to be like uploaded in a few months, I was not expecting that notification today...

The video was perfect. I did love the hair joke and closet sketch. It was honest and sweet.

I'm very proud of Phil right now :prideheart2:
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

That was such a Phil video- I died at him sliding back the closet door lol.

I love him a whole lot 💚
kavat
pastel persona

Oh dear, I was crying and laughing through that whole video :happytears: I'm just so proud of the both of them :wavingflag:

(ETA omg I'm demon phannie for this post, how fitting)
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i'm shook he confessed to dying his hair, fucking finally
the candlelight by the crescent moon
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

what a beautiful way to end pride month. i'm so proud of both of them. dan's video was what a lot of people needed to hear, and phil's was too, in a completely different way. as someone who has huge difficulties seeing negative reactions with so much compassion (= they're also victims of our society) and who quite vehemently thinks it's not the task of the person coming out to educate anyone, i can still say that it can make a difference to hear someone look into the future so optimistically. also, the coming out of the closet bit had me cackling. kinda wanna replicate that and use it in the future lmao.

anyway it warms my heart that they feel comfortable and secure enough to come out like this.
thank's you were great
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

There is something so weird about him talking about this subject, yet something very natural. Honestly, they way he speaks puts me at ease.

(okay so he is a ginger?)

:daddy:
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

StripedSquash
smol bean

What a time to be alive :wavingflag:
So proud of those two nerds <3
Secretstanner
truth bomb

WHAT IS THIS UNIVERSE!! I’m sat watching love island with my sister phone on floor and I see the notifications... I’m just starring at my phone while my sister screams at me phil coming out!! And I’m just like I KNOW!!! Literally Phil saying “I’m having a stress” is how I was and now am feeling

Btw I told my mum and she hugged me and congratulated me like it was my coming out haha
queerofcups
spork
Pronouns: they | them

I feel like the thesis of Phil's video was "what, like y'all didn't know?" and I'm still stuck on how totally different it is from our perception of him/them as intensely private people
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

I kinda wish he would have just done the closet bit because that would have been fucking hilarious. :lol:

But yeah, super proud. Truely the best way to end pride month.
plastictrees
drama llama

Mia wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 pm When Phil tweeted that he will make a video about his sexuality at some point and it’ll be pretty low-key a few weeks ago. I was honestly expecting if we got it to be like uploaded in a few months, I was not expecting that notification today...

The video was perfect. I did love the hair joke and closet sketch. It was honest and sweet.

I'm very proud of Phil right now :prideheart2:
tbh i assumed we’d never even get a video i fully thought that the tweet was all the coming out he’d ever do (which was totally fine obviously) but this video was it’s only masterpiece! i’m really glad he took his time and clearly did this his own way, it was the most Phil video (including his tiny prison corner background) and the clip of him with the bedcovers made the whole thing.

i love them both so much and i’m so proud of how simple but articulate he was, especially the quote about ‘ask yourself why you want another human to be unhappy?’ (paraphrased)

next year’s pride can never top this!!
Sathu
smol bean
Pronouns: He/him

That was such a Phil video; funny, cheery, heart warming. I'm so happy for him, for Dan, for both of them. What an uplifting and fitting end to Pride month.
somelikeitpink
living flop

I honestly screamed the house down when I saw the notification.

And then I continued screaming throughout the video.

The only thing I can note right now before I loose my mind: knowing Phil was unintentionally outed by someone else... it brings a whole new mind of tragic dimension to vday video and everything that came with it. Not just because of how that must have felt for Phil but because I’m sure that he even less wanted dan (after everything he has been through) to have to go through the same thing that had happened to him (being outed by someone else)

My lord I’m emotional.

(Also this proves my theory right that the „first out gay guy dan met when he was 18“ was Phil)