Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 pm
knq wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:13 pmKeep in mind that the multiple options apply category will include gay men who identify with other labels as well, like Dan.
Do you think Dan would opt as gay or multiple options in this survey if he took it himself?
There was no checkbox for 'multiple options apply' when taking the survey. If Dan were to take the survey and check the boxes for both queer and gay his data would show up in the 'multiple options apply' category when looking at the results. If he were to check gay and no other options, only then would he show up in the gay category.

No idea how Dan would fill out that sort of thing, tbh, I'm just thinking of the labels from BIG. (Which, now that I've thought about it, If Dan were to check male and also 'other' because he identifies as a formless blob in addition to a man, he wouldn't show up in the male column at all, he'd show up in the multiple options apply gender column.)

Hopefully that helps you interpret the results. I feel like Dan is a good example here because he's expressed complex feelings about sexuality and gender.

eta: GLITTER. CANDLES. PHIL.
autumnhearth
senpai

Amiaw wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm Those pictures were taken around the same time as Phil and the storage unit
How do you know that? Sorry if it’s obvious, I just woke up. And from a really frustrating dream in which Dan posted a video that was longish and kept changing topics and I was too tired to comprehend it or stay conscious. Phil was in part of it though it was probably bloopers as they were on the AP bed in denim jackets. There was increased physical contact though. Then Dan was talking about an album his was releasing. And them moving but I could stay awake beyond that. Oh look merch is up! It’s very shiny. Oh my gosh Phil’s glitter face and Bryony’s modeling?! What timeline is this? She does fit the aesthetic. The little smiley planets are cute. But for the rest, is your target demographic fellow Aquarians?
Last edited by autumnhearth on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muggleblue
not a first-time poster

i love that Bryony is the female model for Phil's constellation t-shirt! she really fits the aesthetic :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Oh god... The merch is so cool. It's totally my style, I'm in love. I may have.. bought a few things... :ourmoney:
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

That merch is so good and glittery and so up my alley God I remember thinking Phil's merch would never fit my aesthetic but he keeps surprising me with how Phil and also wearable it is aaah
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Oh Phil really has my aquarius ass on lock with that merch lol. I'm THRILLED by the candle, and glittery Phil and Bryony!!! Too cute!! I might as well be throwing my damn money at them; at this point half my closet is their merch lol.

Edit to say the cursor on the desktop site for the shop is a little planet and I'm dying over how cute it is :(
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I love everything about Phil’s new merch. The glitter background is great and I love that he is using bryony to model for him.

In dan news he just followed the twitter account for London pride.
bevioletsky
glabella

Ok first of all, that merch team group photo is cute as fuck.

And so are the merch photos, hello??

I have never before been even slightly tempted to buy their merch, even if I’ve recently thought some of it looks good, because I’m super picky about what I wear (it’s always the same with band merch and everything) but THAT CANDLE. You may have got me, mr. Philip. Also the black glittery socks are something I might actually wear... shit.
Ablissa
pastel persona

ffs this is probably my favorite merch of theirs so far. If I had money to throw, I would be throwing it.
At least I can feel happy about their bank accounts filling up as we speak. <3
AltMay
glabella

I love that Bryony's modelling!! And also gliter makes a comeback and it looks 👌

I'm loving this new merch. I'd totally buy it.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
malday
emo goose

I really like the colour scheme and Bryony as a model :happytears:, she's into astrology, or maybe only into astrology memes.
I'm not into astrology but i wonder if there would be a phandom star sign survey how many would be aquarius, from anecdotal evidence there seem to be a lot of us. Is it more than probability? Enough for Phil to make a very targeted shirt?
Last edited by malday on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i look like a pencil
tol bean

I love knowing that there are people on the ace/aro spectrum in this forum! :asexualheart:
I might be a demi lesbian myself, still trying to figure it out :shrug:
This has nothing to do with the current conversation, but I was wondering what you think about the argument about Phil being ace that comes back once in a while in the phandom (at least prior to his coming out video). Personally, it kind of annoys me because it's always linked to Phil being described as childlike or too innocent or some other infantilising bullshit.
kavat
pastel persona

Aaaw I love the glitter face! And Bryony! And the space things are really cute! Exclamations!

I had to get the candle and the socks. The amount of money I have spent on these men the past few years is honestly embarrassing (but to be fair, I wear and use every single thing I have).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

PHIL LESTER, KING OF GLITTER. :stan:

I think that this is the best merch release yet. Aesthetics on point. :love2:

As a half Aquarius (I'm an Aquarius/Pisces cusp child) I kinda want the candle even though most scented candles give me headaches. It just looks so pretty with the holo sticker. I also really like the shirt, it's so subtle and cute.

Nice to see Bryony make her debut as merch model, she really suits this line of merch.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sonicgreen
woodland creature

me: hmm not too interested
bryony: exists
me: *instantly $30 went missing*

I would have bought the socks but they look... scratchy? I'll wait until someone who ordered can confirm
Last edited by sonicgreen on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatspecificboob
smol bean

Hello! First time poster and also new to the phandom, and loving all the discussion here.

The first time I heard of either Dan or Phil was when I saw Dan's name was trending on Twitter after BIG was posted. I could see that thousands of people were talking about this guy, but I had no idea who he was so clicked on the link out of idle curiousity, fully expecting to go back to my Twitter scrolling after a minute or two, but I was gripped!

I watched the whole thing and found it incredibly moving and brave. For someone who hadn't ever heard of Dan, doesn't usually watch YouTube and is certainly outside the usual demographic of a DnP fan to have that kind of reaction just goes to show what an incredible job he did with making it.

Since then, I've been bingewatching their videos, and have become so invested in such a short time that I literally jumped straight up and shrieked when I saw the notification about Phil's video :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to post just to say hi, and also to connect with my fellow aces here :asexualheart: As someone who took many years to understand my sexuality, and also definitely repressed and was ashamed of my (what I know understand to be) biromantic attraction :biheart: I identified a lot with parts of both of their videos.

With Dan, his experience of the word 'gay' to be a general insult, something to laugh about and mock people for, that was definitely the kind of atmosphere I witnessed at school, and was the reason that I remember telling myself I had to really make sure I was careful about how I acted around other girls at school, don't be too nice or too affectionate otherwise people might get the 'wrong' idea.

With Phil, it was more his feelings of being on the outside of everything when his friends were starting to experience attraction and relationships for the first time that really struck a chord with me.

So although I'm late to the DnP party, I'm very glad to be here and superexcited to see what the future will bring for them both!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I think this is my fav merch so far too! It definitely fits his aesthetic and I love that it’s embroidered rather than printed!
kavat
pastel persona

Wow, did the t-shirt really sell out in 30 minutes? That's extremely fast
sonicgreen
woodland creature

kavat wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:22 pm Wow, did the t-shirt really sell out in 30 minutes? That's extremely fast
hm its not showing up as sold out to me? i checked all the sites and sizes?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 pm
kavat wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:22 pm Wow, did the t-shirt really sell out in 30 minutes? That's extremely fast
I think it did sell out - it now says Pre-Order. I don't think it said that initially.
kavat
pastel persona

sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 pm
It said Sold out on the world wide shop in all sizes for me, but now it's been renamed as *pre-order*. So maybe the first batch sold out and now they're taking orders to produce more.
annabanana
sofa crease

I absolutely love the new merch! I may have gotten too many things that I probably don't need :oops: :ourmoney:

Also still find it odd that ordering from the Worldwide shop ends up being 10+ dollars cheaper than the US shop even though I live in the US. :shrug:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

ok NOW I see all the preorder stuff. wow thats record time! go phil
annabanana wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:36 pm I absolutely love the new merch! I may have gotten too many things that I probably don't need :oops: :ourmoney:

Also still find it odd that ordering from the Worldwide shop ends up being 10+ dollars cheaper than the US shop even though I live in the US. :shrug:
I'm mad because I totally forgot about this when I bought too fast ahh. I bought from the us shop and my shipping was $9.39 for the shirt :shock:
update: just checked and USA shipping from the worldwide shop would have been $6.99
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

thatspecificboob wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:20 pm Hello! First time poster and also new to the phandom, and loving all the discussion here.
:welcome:
eevee
emo goose

omg. i love this merch. i'm dying.

also i think he chose aquarius because he is an aquarius! this seems to show that phil's at least a little into astrology...i hope he expands the collection and does a candle for every star sign!!

I'm SO pumped about the candle though and I might just get it!!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia