Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

:happytears:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Is Dan’s story in the moon room? I admit I don’t know it that well apart from the brief glimpses in live shows...
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

UMMM DAN DID A SHIRTLESS INSTA STORY WTF?

Something IDB will know - which room is he in?
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
Phantasy
woodland creature

Me: aww, look at him so proud of his homemade rainbow skeleton outfit—he’s such a pure wholesome bean
Also me: Nip slip!!
knq
lava lamp

madzilla84 plinthofmylife It is indeed the moon room. I'd recognize that ugly curtain anywhere.
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Random, but I love how Daniel does not have any tattoos. Some cute guys have ruined their bodies with excessive tattoos i.e. Justin Bieber, lol. Just my opinion though.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

GalaxyDarling wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 pm Random, but I love how Daniel does not have any tattoos.
Random old phandom drama/conspiracy theory. Dan censored his own nipples in a video because he thought it was funny and that started the conspiracy theories that he had a chest tattoo. When was that?
Phantasy
woodland creature

knq wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:30 pm madzilla84 plinthofmylife It is indeed the moon room. I'd recognize that ugly curtain anywhere.
Wait... is it? I don’t seem to recall that curtain... thought he only had one window with a simple shade? Don’t remember seeing that glass case before either??
knq
lava lamp

I mirrored Dan's IG story for anyone else who is bothered by the flipped front camera thing

@GalaxyDarling Other people's bodies are for more than your aesthetic viewing pleasure. No one can 'ruin' their body with a tattoo.
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

Phantasy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:46 pm
knq wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:30 pm madzilla84 plinthofmylife It is indeed the moon room. I'd recognize that ugly curtain anywhere.
Wait... is it? I don’t seem to recall that curtain... thought he only had one window with a simple shade? Don’t remember seeing that glass case before either??
You can see it towards the end in Dan and depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2TUPo5W0c&t=9m45s
Last edited by QuiteFriendly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
000dia000
emo goose

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend,phanfckingtastic, but it doesn't excuse just how gross your entire post is. Is Phil showed up, you probably would have just make a post that they are looking for attention and that their presence keeps the focus off the main event. Honestly? I would loved to have seen Phil there, but we don't know Phil's intentions and his comfort levels.

As much as people have started this notion that Phil was always comfortable being "out" and that it was just a part of himself he didn't disclose to his audience...it's simply not true. I've been re-watching a lot of their old stuff and Phil went to great lengths to cover his sexuality, if even assume a kind of "straight" persona. Frankly, I don't think Phil is that comfortable showing off that part of himself yet as much as people think he is. Maybe he needs more time. Maybe he wasn't invited to march like Dan was. You don't know their private life. I don't think nows the time to start this Dan vs Phil bullshit.
:cactus:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

plinthofmylife wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:43 pm
GalaxyDarling wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 pm Random, but I love how Daniel does not have any tattoos.
Random old phandom drama/conspiracy theory. Dan censored his own nipples in a video because he thought it was funny and that started the conspiracy theories that he had a chest tattoo. When was that?
That reminds me of that bit in Half Blood Prince where rumors are swirling around Hogwarts that Harry's got a hippogriff tattooed across his chest. And Ginny has that funny bit about setting the record straight, Harry's got a Hungarian Horntail and Ron's got a pygmy puff. Gosh, book Ginny's the best! (Don't get me started on film Ginny)

Oh no, I've gotten off topic! I too think it's nice that Dan isn't covered in tattoos, but then, I'm really old fashioned when it comes to tattoos. I grew up only expecting to see them on navy folks and people in biker gangs. (Kids these days, and whatnot)
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
GalaxyDarling

knq wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:50 pm I mirrored Dan's IG story for anyone else who is bothered by the flipped front camera thing
Thanks for that flipping.

And fair enough about the tattoo thing, but I wasn't talking about A tattoo here, rather the whole torso being covered in tats. True though that's it's not for me to say what others should do.
hello9217
flower crown

I don’t think Phil has an obligation to go to pride but I still don’t understand why he didn’t even tweet about it, something that he was able to do two years ago.

Idk I found Phil’s silence today to be quite odd. I knew there’s a chance he wouldn’t go but there was still a small part of me that hoped, and perhaps that is my own fault for setting expectations. If he didn’t want to march then I get it but dan still walked around the parade for about an hour afterwards, which phil could have easily joined him for to show his support.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps they have yet to figure out how to navigate their relationship in the public eye. Although I think that pride would have been the best place to test this out as opposed to vidcon, it may have been too soon for them.
Phantasy
woodland creature

QuiteFriendly wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:53 pm
Phantasy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:46 pm
You can see it towards the end in Dan and depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2TUPo5W0c&t=9m45s
Ahh, thanks. And thanks knq for flipping the video—got my bearings now.
GalaxyDarling

hello9217 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 pm I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps they have yet to figure out how to navigate their relationship in the public eye. Although I think that pride would have been the best place to test this out as opposed to vidcon, it may have been too soon for them.
I think they might have to come clean about their relationship status eventually. Their public interaction has been quite limited this whole year.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

They don't have to do anything wrt their relationship status galaxydarling. That's private and they've made it clear they want it to stay private.

I am a bit surprised Phil didn't tweet about pride, even if just the fact that Capita£ester had a merch drop yesterday and he knows his audience is gonna be weak with all of Dan's pride activity.

(I love him and support Capita£ester, get that bread boy.)

ETA: I'm going to be a vidcon next week and I am not sure I am gonna survive.
smolgalaxychild
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

I'm so proud and practically overflowing with joy at Dan's happiness and open activism, every time I think about him being out there and using his platform to bring awareness and attention to others and how truly happy he looks I get so soft and squishy I'm having trouble forming real thoughts about it. He's come so far.

Also, I was over the moon to see the selfie he took with Jake Edwards and a couple other people! (I don't have the pic handy to include but if someone else does and can that would be super appreciated.) I've been watching them both on youtube for years and years, and it was so cool to see them occupying the same space. It just added to the surrealness of the past few weeks for me, like worlds are colliding in the best way possible. Happy Pride everyone!
hello9217
flower crown

GalaxyDarling wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:20 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 pm I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps they have yet to figure out how to navigate their relationship in the public eye. Although I think that pride would have been the best place to test this out as opposed to vidcon, it may have been too soon for them.
I think they might have to come clean about their relationship status eventually. Their public interaction has been quite limited this whole year.
My post wasn’t to imply they have broken up or anything. I meant that it must be hard to know how to navigate having a relationship that’s been private for 10 years and now everyone knows you’re a couple. Especially seeing as they still want to keep it private, as per what dan said in BIG, and there are so many people invested in that relationship.

I’m not going to go through the list of joint stuff that we have gotten from them this year that would imply they are still very much together bc I feel like everyone does that. I do feel like this year was for more private moments though. Like we wouldn’t have even known that Dan went to IOM with phil for his bday if a fan didn’t take a picture with them at the airport, so who evens knows how many more things were just for their eyes only.

Also sorry if you weren’t implying that they broke up that’s just the way I read it.
gnostic
stress mushroom

List of reasons Phil may not have gone to Pride (if he didn't), which are all identically perfectly valid

- he has social anxiety and can't deal with MASSIVE crowds of London Pride

- He is one of queer people who boycotts London pride due to its corporate nature

- Pride evokes in him feelings related to his sexuality and identity that are ultimately uncomfortable

- wanted to go but had mild food poisoning

- wanted to go but started binging Stranger Things and couldn't stop

- didn't want to go

All. Perfectly. Valid.

And I say it as someone who has been to all kinds of Pride, from London's joyous revelry to Moscow's terror.
Just here for the marketing skills
GalaxyDarling

hello9217 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 pm Also sorry if you weren’t implying that they broke up that’s just the way I read it.
Yeah, I wasn't implying that. I know they are soulmates for life. I'm impartial about it. It's just that the shippers are going to expect one thing, and the antis the other thing, from their future interaction. I guess it has always been so anyway, but I think the coming out vids made even more people interested in their relationship status. I know it's private, but you know how nosy people can be, so remains to be seen how this goes.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

As much as I would have loved to see Phil at pride or say something about pride, I'm not bothered by him not going. Nor does it change my opinion on him or their relationship. There's no right way to be queer, and going to pride doesn't make or break your queerness.

Tbh I think Phil is stepping back to let Dan have the majority of the attention. This is a huge thing, definitely for both of them, but for Dan as a budding activist it does mean more in that regard. Not to mention, we know Phil likes to keep it lowkey. We know he isn't huge on expressing more "political" (in quotes bc I'm not the hugest fan of making identity all about politics) opinions. Or maybe he just didn't feel like it. idk. I'm resting on the lowkey thing mostly, however.

Anyway, I'm so fucking proud of Dan. the guy is g l o w i n g and it's so wonderful to see. That weight being lifted off his shoulders is so present, and I'm so happy to see him happy :prideheart2:
smolgalaxychild
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:24 pm As much as I would have loved to see Phil at pride or say something about pride, I'm not bothered by him not going. Nor does it change my opinion on him or their relationship. There's no right way to be queer, and going to pride doesn't make or break your queerness.

Tbh I think Phil is stepping back to let Dan have the majority of the attention. This is a huge thing, definitely for both of them, but for Dan as a budding activist it does mean more in that regard. Not to mention, we know Phil likes to keep it lowkey. We know he isn't huge on expressing more "political" (in quotes bc I'm not the hugest fan of making identity all about politics) opinions. Or maybe he just didn't feel like it. idk. I'm resting on the lowkey thing mostly, however.

Anyway, I'm so fucking proud of Dan. the guy is g l o w i n g and it's so wonderful to see. That weight being lifted off his shoulders is so present, and I'm so happy to see him happy :prideheart2:
+1 to everything you just said! You took the jumbled thoughts straight from my brain and laid them out perfectly <3
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

It's time to wake up in Australia hi good morning to any fellow humans on this side of our terrifying space ball

Hey remember when Phil passed out and had to go to hospital and they said he needs to take it easy to avoid it happening again and then Dan said pride was overwhelming? Just saying... Though I agree he doesn't need a reason not to go to pride.

Seeing Dan at pride makes me so grateful that he is, and I am, still alive today.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Probably unrelated, but just floating this out there... Phil just could have been with family... his cousin had a baby today (making Aunt Roz the grandma). :shrug:

Don’t think he needs an excuse at all, as I think this was Dan’s day to shine... but I do bet though we end up seeing Dan and Phil at another Pride event this summer as spectators instead of marchers either in Brighton or Manchester.