Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

nicky1388 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 pm I don't think that is what is going to come though, given the editing job needed on this video. I don't know shit about making videos, so in my mind, the only ones that would really involve that much editing are Day In The Life vids and I don't feel like that is the video we're getting, so really, I have NO CLUE what we might be in for.
I strongly suspect (but really have no idea because anything is possible in the The Year of our Lord and Savior DanandPhilGay) it is a crafts/hack video or a fashion video, both take more editing because you have to cut together a bunch of clips and usually some screengrab things.

I absolutely love that laundry story so much. Just that Phil was like "are you moving in?" like it would be fine if his 6'4" boyfriend just moved into his tiny tiny flat.

Ugh I need content because otherwise I have to do actual work and answer actual emails.
noodlebum
flower crown

nicky1388 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 pm I don't think that is what is going to come though, given the editing job needed on this video. I don't know shit about making videos, so in my mind, the only ones that would really involve that much editing are Day In The Life vids and I don't feel like that is the video we're getting, so really, I have NO CLUE what we might be in for.
Now you've put the thought of DITL Nevada into my mind! :D :love1:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, Ditl Nevada. We can dream, though Phil said he’d had an idea and he’d need to have already had that idea while they were away, unless just obfuscating it. I’m starting to get curious about it from reading these posts, tbh I’ve been barely thinking about it cos most of his videos haven’t thrilled me this year, but the extra time needed for the idea and the editing, maybe it’ll be a good one. I used to be such a phillie and now my allegiance has switched somewhat (partly thanks to Dan’s openness being more endearing, also physical cos being a bit bigger makes him seem cuddlier), it would be nice to see something less fluffy and shallow from him. Maybe shouldn’t, if that’s what he’s happy doing, but still.

Daniel J’s in that crowd of friends with a lot of his collab-mates, I don’t see it happening with Dan or Phil, though even just for the double Dan novelty, it would be fun. Heck, I watch another 6’3” Daniel called Boro Draws, it amused me even more when he had on a similar pair of black shorts with a white check.

That’s a lovely point about Phil being ready for whatever reason Dan was there at his door with a suitcase, it’s the sort of thing that makes you think.
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

i love that laundry story! it's so very dan and i can only imagine the look on dear philly's face when dan turned up at his front door with a suitcase. it also does provide a testament to the strength of their relationship, even at that early stage.

ditl Nevada would be a dream, but honestly, it's kind of funny how we're all just...prepared for anything. dip and pip are so unpredictable now that we all just collectively threw our hands up in the air and said "screw it." :lol:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Very important message, but also, dan was such an adorable child look at him :happytears: :happytears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

citizen_erased wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:24 pm
Very important message, but also, dan was such an adorable child look at him :happytears: :happytears:
my goodness. he really was SO friggin' cute as a kid. i know we've seen these already, but seeing them for the 512th time again just really highlights how sweet his face is. then and now. just a such a damn CUTIE. :love2:
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I haven't checked here in a while, but I just came here to say that I'm so happy to see Dan go out of his way to point out positivity and wholesomeness. I appreciate it so much since there's already enough gloomy things in the world and that message from his tweet is really uplifting.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

apparently all i needed as a pick-me-up today was that dan tweet. i struggle pretty severely with mental illness, especially as of late, and a reminder to be kinder to myself was much needed. now if i can only put it into action.

i feel naive to expect a video from dan but it has nearly been two months now since BIG ( :shock: ) so...maybe something before the end of the month? i understand that that video was a huge creative and emotional undertaking, i understand that he'd want a break afterwards, and i totally understand the extended break leading up to it, but i'm starved for content. a 45 minute video really spoiled me and now i need more.

and yes, baby dan continues to be The Cutest. i just want to squeeze him.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Oh I'm so glad we got these! I did pause to take them in when he showed them on the video.
He's so cute. He still has that mischievous dimply smile from the third photo. I love him so much :lilheart:
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

cutie babie dan! you best believe i'm doing this challenge and i don't give a diddly dang what my irl friends say about it.

i love that underneath all that blonde hair, dan's face still looks the exact same, just a little squishier. i can only wish i served looks like that when i was 5.
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Uhf, adorable man using his reach of millions. Techniques like that can be so helpful, my life coach guy had a similar thing called 10 out of 10, cos you might say you’re worth a low number out of 10 now, but think of yourself as a baby and it’s likely to be higher cos you won’t be judging yourself in the same way at all. If you didn’t know, you’re worth 10 and so is every human life ever, regardless of actions, thoughts etc. I put up a photo of me with rabbit face paint on, thankfully I had two copies cos one was in its frame so long it got stuck to the glass.

You can see how much he looks like his grandpa, as does his mum. The slightly sad look in his (grandpa’s) eyes there look quite like Dan’s in the bit in his video about what he didn’t go through with that night.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's the ~face of the twitter moment for this hashtag, aww.
autumnhearth
senpai

That’s sweet, so glad he’s promoting this. Let that wholesomeness out Danny. I really have no idea what I was like personality wise at 5. Quiet like always I imagine.

How dare you utter the term ditl. No, Phil said he had to film anyway. I don’t care to guess what it is, but my bet is that it will be up Sunday.
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Opening up twitter to see baby Dan trending was a pleasant surprise after my nap. <3

Also I doubt it actually is - but maybe Phil's video has something to do with the campaign? Like another video about his childhood or something.
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

socksparadox wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm Opening up twitter to see baby Dan trending was a pleasant surprise after my nap. <3

Also I doubt it actually is - but maybe Phil's video has something to do with the campaign? Like another video about his childhood or something.
Weird Things I Did as a Gay Kid please Phil.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan liked Bryony's awkward relatable tweet.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Been rewatching last summer's hotel room gaming vids and rize giveaways came up. I know the polaroids happened but did anyone ever win that prize where Dan and Phil were meant to paint/watercolour someone's avatar?

:hmmm:
noodlebum
flower crown

:6-year-old dan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really hope Phil gives this a retweet.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

there are few things in this world that give me as much joy as the green brothers being unabashed deppy stans
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I love Hank :lol:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Well shoot, now I want a Hank and Phil collab about insects or microorganisms.
Last edited by Megancita75 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The Vidcon Now stream about Phil happened!

(Was the whole stream about Phil? Who knows. But based on my twitter feed, it clearly was.)

Anyway I like the editor guy. He seems sweet, and I'm lowkey annoyed that people are just laughing at an adult man expressing enthusiasm for a fandom he seems to view as positive.
firsttimeposter
living flop

That vidcon video was really nice, and it’s great to see someone be so positive about this fandom (especially after reading comments left by us, can’t imagine lmao).

I’ve tried watching some 2018 live shows by the boys lately, as I forgot how many they actually did (wow!! soo many joint ones, my 2015 self would be happy) anyways...
I can’t get through them for some reason. hearing them talk about the tour, what their plans are in the future, “as you might’ve seen in my tweet earlier”, all these make me miss dnp even more rn. it’s really getting to me how long they’ve been gone! :cry:
PhancifulPhil
smol bean

I think the editor is adorable. I love seeing people fall into this fandom. Also anytime someone compliments Phil, they are great in my book!