Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
icedcoffeestan
phillion/danosaur <//3

:tinfoil: Conspiracy theory :tinfoil: that Phil's video delay isn't due to an editting issue at all but rather the fact that he had to take a break from editting to help Dan through the fanboy freakout that inevitably ensued after he saw Miss Contrapoints herself liked a tweet that singled him out as "one of the most hilarious content creators" online.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

knq wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:50 am A weird part of me doesn’t want Phil to post. Because once he does, when will we see him again?

I’m content with the knowledge that a video is coming sometime this week-ish, but once Phil actually posts that video, then what? Will he go back to a ~12 day posting schedule like he had before coming out? Or will he post as and when he feels like it, like Dan? And then what?

This is a strange thing to choose to be anxious about at 1am but here I am.
I agree so much! Thank god I'm not the only one
:gayaf:
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

I feel like a tiktok spon could be either a really good thing or a really bad thing lol. I think Phil could make a fun video out of it but tiktok has a....strange reputation.

Really hoping for an update on the future of the gaming channel/joint content after Phil's video though. I'm really not wanting things to go back to the way they were pre-coming out. I think that, at the very least, they should start doing liveshows again.
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

20 minutes of an egg getting slightly bigger.
hintatty
drama llama

snoopysadie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Megancita75 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:55 pm Their instagram/twitter activity makes me wonder if they both might have had private accounts where they followed gay peers and now they are slowing adding who they want to their public accounts.
This feels very likely. I love how now things like the top bottom tweet or just any mention of lgtbq+ topics would be a regular Tuesday activity.
This comment you made really overwhelmed me when I read it the first time, lol. :rainbowtears: I genuinely am so happy they can do that now :love1:
nicky1388
spork

i do not want a tiktok video at all. he can do better than tiktok. i'm hoping the spon (if there is one) is one like Honey or Audible or Dollar Shave Club that doesn't really require specific content to hype it, just a minute or two of footage within the larger video.

i also really just want him to get back to a regular upload schedule.
scientia
phabergé

nicky1388 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:49 pm i do not want a tiktok video at all. he can do better than tiktok. i'm hoping the spon (if there is one) is one like Honey or Audible or Dollar Shave Club that doesn't really require specific content to hype it, just a minute or two of footage within the larger video.

i also really just want him to get back to a regular upload schedule.
Oh wow, Dollar Shave Club...now I’m picturing bearded DnP (thank you)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm okay with the idea of a tiktok spon video. Spons have spawned some truly fantastic videos in the past. I just like when they get creative or personal with the tie in. Remember Tinder? Best Fiends? The Crunchyroll ones? The good ones are good enough to win them some credit from me.
nicky1388
spork

to anyone who has ordered clothing from the deppy shop, my daughter wants one of the classic design shirts but they only have xxs left. she's a 10 in kids clothes. do you think the adult xxs could fit her?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

TikTok is essentially for Gen Z what YouTube was for millennials 10 years ago isn't it? Phil used to be the guy being creative and weird by lip syncing to songs on camera. Now it's a A Thing. I'd actually kinda like to hear Phil's take on it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

Obviously, I'll be happy with just any content whatsoever, even if it's a Dragon City spon. (Sidenote, since June 13th, "obviously" is my favorite word.)

BUT...
I really hope it's not a spon. I have no clue about how tiktok works, nor do I want to know. At this point I've seen so many renditions of this kind of thing that it's just not interesting to me at all. I would like something 100% Phil without the forced aspect of getting a sponsorship.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Amiaw wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm Dan just liked more art on tumblr- including a cute drawing of him and phil
Now that I'm back at my computer I wanted to post this so you could all feel nostalgic with me.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Since he keeps saying it’s long I’m expecting it to be at least 20 minutes so I wouldn’t care that much if there was a short spon in there! If it’s shorter than that tho I am gonna be kinda dissapointed (I may be setting myself up to be lol)
Puffy
drama llama

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:23 pm
Puffy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm Seems like it could well actually be his Tik Tok, they look like Vegas videos but longer than what we’ve seen on Instagram. Could still potentially be fake but it’s so much effort to do that (and only follow two people and those two people be corgis) and not do anything majorly fandom-stirring with it? Even when people take famous usernames they usually put their own name to it. Idk.
I was wondering the same thing, but an anon on tumblr explained that it was fake. Apparently he does have an account, like he said he did at vidcon, but he isnt using it, again like he said at vidcon. Idk I wouldn't be against a tiktok spon because I want content but also...I wouldn't be a huge fan of a tiktok spon lol.

(link)
Ah I didn’t realise he’d said it at vidcon! Thank you for clearing that up and for sharing the tumblr post :)

If the TikTok spon was something super short or just a portion of the video it could be okay, or like a competition or something where you had to do an amazingphil challenge. Like the 7 second challenge but longer and on a terrible, baffling platform (I did feel like I was getting old when I tried to use it and couldn’t comprehend what any of it was about and then I remembered I felt the same way about vine and I was the target demographic for vine at the time). Of course that is just a wild idea and it’s probably nothing to do with TikTok at all, haha. Whatever he’s made or whatever inevitable spon he’s doing, I just hope it really is a 20+ minute video.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Please let Phil’s video be ready tomorrow! I’m hoping for 30+ minutes. Please not a spon. That is all. Meanwhile rewatched the last Google Feud vid. Awesome couple vibes.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

Always fun when you stumble upon a video you haven't seen before! Never thought bubble wrap would make me feel so uncomfortable.

obvsly
#relatable

interesting huh?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

obvsly wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 am interesting huh?
This is so... random? Lmao WHAT. And all her pics with dnp on her ig have Dan untagged now. Some people say that happens when you block someone (meaning that Dan might have blocked her but I don't know how true that is), but either way this was unexpected because she literally tweeted @ him on the 10th and they still follow each other on twitter, even though Dan ignored her tweet.
Last edited by glitterintheair on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So apparently Cat unfollowed Dan on instagram and untagged him in all the photos she has up of him?? I'm sure it's nothing, but I do find it amusing and I'm really just the eyes emoji. Curious about what happened because it's so out of the blue? She tweeted about him a few days ago too...it's just odd. Not that I really thought they were the best of friends or anything but just odd and amusing. Maybe he unfollowed first and she got offended? Idk. Anyway I checked personally so it's legit but here's some tweets with screenshots, and Cat's tweet from a few days ago.
Oh when I was searching for her tweet at Dan, I saw this. What I said is still in question, but maybe she's just going through something. Still odd, but again nothing serious I'd imagine. (We all know how things can be blown out of proportion).
EDIT: I hit post and there were other posts about this lol. Anyway. Some tweet links in this post ig.
noodlebum
flower crown

Oooh DRAMA, love it
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

noodlebum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am Oooh DRAMA, love it
My thoughts exactly! :corn:

How very random!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
hintatty
drama llama

slightly OT but is there somewhere where people post their tumblr/twitter usernames? would love to have other deppy fans in my TLs!
phandemonium
drama llama

Hmmm... If it's true that Dan blocked her... The only real reason to block someone you personally know seems to be so that they can't send you private messages or pop up in your notifications? But they still follow each other on other social media? I'm confused. But I guess it's one of those stories we'll likely never hear the details of.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Weird though...
hintatty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 am slightly OT but is there somewhere where people post their tumblr/twitter usernames? would love to have other deppy fans in my TLs!
There is! That thread is a bit dead rn, so I encourage anyone who is looking for some IDB friends on social media to revive it. :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Secretstanner
truth bomb

So I know everyone thinks that it’s dan who blocked her but I think it’s actually the other way around. When you block someone all their likes and comments disappear but all of cats is showing up on dans posts. I can’t find dan likes on her photos though. I’m not about to go searching all her photos so if anyone knows which of her photos he’s liked in the past then I could check. So they didn’t unfollow each other and then dan block her. Cat blocked dan and that’s why it doesn’t show either are following. I just tried all this out with my sister. Once you block someone the tags get removed from the photos, they don’t show up in your following and not theirs too, plus all the photos they liked or commented on disappear. So everyone hyping up dan for blocking her on twitter is wrong jgjgjg and it makes this 100% funnier!! I think it could possibly be a mistake but not sure if we will actually know unless it shows they follow each other again