Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

(Embedded videos don't seem to work... on my end anyway. So click through on the note count to watch Dan say bye and to get a twig stuck in your eye.)

I'm not emotional, you're emotional.

:rainbowtears:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 pm
(Embedded videos don't seem to work... on my end anyway. So click through on the note count to watch Dan say bye and to get a twig stuck in your eye.)

I can't tell what's he's saying before 'video'. "Your [blank] video meant a lot to me personally". What does he say? I've listened about 20 times and can't figure it out lol
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:36 am
rizzo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 pm

I can't tell what's he's saying before 'video'. "Your [blank] video meant a lot to me personally". What does he say? I've listened about 20 times and can't figure it out lol
"Cosmonaut video". I'm presuming he means this one.

It's a really tough video, but definitely worth a watch if you can. TW for depression/suicide mentions/etc.
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I could only watch a little bit of the stream last night, but oh my I appreciate Dan so much. He's shown so much support for charities and creators lately and it warms my heart.

I've seen multiple people mention a deppy charity stream and god, can you imagine. They could probably raise so much money and it would be a lot of fun.
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

Dan performing Shakespeare on a charity stream alongside his lefttube faves is everything I never knew I always needed in my life, honestly. My crops have been watered, my skin has been cleared, you know?

Everyone suggesting that dep need to do a charity livestream needs to stop though, because honestly I want it more than anything. Pls boys. We'd give so much money.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

kavat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:05 am I've seen multiple people mention a deppy charity stream and god, can you imagine. They could probably raise so much money and it would be a lot of fun.
I mean, I think there's a LOT of people that would pay $$$ for non-stop domestic joint content right now, especially if it was going to a good cause. Like they could wash their damn dishes for 45 minutes on a livestream (don't hurt yourself Phil) and I would personally pony up good money towards Young Minds or Mermaids for that content.

I mean, I just let Phil take $5 every month out of my checking account for existing and writing a note sometimes.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:31 pm
kavat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:05 am I've seen multiple people mention a deppy charity stream and god, can you imagine. They could probably raise so much money and it would be a lot of fun.
I mean, I think there's a LOT of people that would pay $$$ for non-stop domestic joint content right now, especially if it was going to a good cause. Like they could wash their damn dishes for 45 minutes on a livestream (don't hurt yourself Phil) and I would personally pony up good money towards Young Minds or Mermaids for that content.

I mean, I just let Phil take $5 every month out of my checking account for existing and writing a note sometimes.
I legit just cackled at that line, but... honestly? So accurate.

Every time they release charity merch that shit sells through the roof. IDK why they haven't done a charity livestream yet.
liola
rankussy

rizzo and I on Twitter started imagining a live mukbang charity stream, they could get sponsorships to pay for food and if they liked it they could even stream it. And If I suggested to do it on October 19th and officially tagged them, well, you can't blame me.

Honestly I would 50£ just for Phil to curse live 10/10 content
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:31 pm I mean, I just let Phil take $5 every month out of my checking account for existing and writing a note sometimes.
:rofl: too real!!

(Though, in fairness, I think I’ve made back a good chunk of the membership fees I’ve paid so far through merch discounts...)

Like everyone else I’d LOVE a D&P charity livestream (though I feel like it’s more likely it’d be something Dan did by himself with Phil maybe popping up briefly like the Young Minds one, as much as I would prefer a fully joint one) - I really like jacksepticeye’s which are for a different charity every month. Even a couple of/a few times a year would be great.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think a stream is great in theory but they’d definitely have to move first because their internet connection is tragic
stufflizloves
living flop

rizzo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:11 pm

I legit just cackled at that line, but... honestly? So accurate.

Every time they release charity merch that shit sells through the roof. IDK why they haven't done a charity livestream yet.
..because they’re dan and phil and they overthink everything and want to be super extra and spectacular at everything

come on boys, a chill couple of hours for charity doesn’t seem like a big deal (stressing & planning for months not required.) bake a little, dan can waffle about music while he paints his nails, phil can tell us stories about Barry the Beta fish and his adventures in fish parenting, we can donate some money, and everyone goes home happy & no one is stressed & ends up in the hospital.

mmk? deal.
Sami
squish

Hi everyone, I have come out of lurkerdom to say I would pretty much empty my bank account to whatever charity Dan and Phil chose for a livestream of baking, nail painting and general domestic fluff. Especially if it was around 19th October, though the feels would probably kill me. :rainbowtears:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I am watching a recording of the Romeo and Juliet livestream. Dan is great, but holy crap Olly is fantastic!
likeinlatin
smol bean

Yeah Olly is great! He's a Youtuber (obviously) but his 'day job' is acting and he's done a lot of professional Shakespeare before.

I love that Dan was a part of this so much, I watched the stream on and off basically all weekend and I knew that they were mutuals so I was hoping against hope he might show up knowing his theatre history! Of course right when I gave up on that hope was when he actually came on, ha.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Tessa violet out here saying phannie rights on main.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

y'all ever just feel peaceful for half a second and then your brain reminds you that dan said "OBVIOUSLY we were more than friends"

what the actual fuck

thx 4 listening
kavat
pastel persona

rizzo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:21 pm y'all ever just feel peaceful for half a second and then your brain reminds you that dan said "OBVIOUSLY we were more than friends"

what the actual fuck

thx 4 listening
At least once a day. Without fail.
noodlebum
flower crown

Glad to see Dan's still doing yoga :)
George
sad dimple

rizzo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:21 pm y'all ever just feel peaceful for half a second and then your brain reminds you that dan said "OBVIOUSLY we were more than friends"

what the actual fuck

thx 4 listening
This is pretty much how I get awake every morning.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

kavat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm

what the actual fuck

thx 4 listening
Yep. It's like my brain has set up a daily reminder.
:gayaf:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Honestly the lack of their own charity projects was part of what prompted the discussion that lead to phandomgives. There's a big difference on donations when they retweet the drives or don't so if they did a standard liveshow with donations they'd make a lot.

I'm planning to set up the next lot of phandomgives drives in the next few weeks. In light of everything that's happened since the last one (wow time flies) what's everyone's opinion on charity changes? Should they change and if so what to? Currently I'm of the mind that if they did maybe a cancer charity for Phil and a queer one that Dan's recently supported for dan but maybe we shouldn't change them? I need opinions :shrug:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Sami
squish

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm
kavat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm

what the actual fuck

thx 4 listening
Yep. It's like my brain has set up a daily reminder.
It usually happens to me when I am supposed to be concentrating at work :oops:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

lilabet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm Honestly the lack of their own charity projects was part of what prompted the discussion that lead to phandomgives. There's a big difference on donations when they retweet the drives or don't so if they did a standard liveshow with donations they'd make a lot.

I'm planning to set up the next lot of phandomgives drives in the next few weeks. In light of everything that's happened since the last one (wow time flies) what's everyone's opinion on charity changes? Should they change and if so what to? Currently I'm of the mind that if they did maybe a cancer charity for Phil and a queer one that Dan's recently supported for dan but maybe we shouldn't change them? I need opinions :shrug:
I think change Phil’s keep Dan’s.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 pm
lilabet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm Honestly the lack of their own charity projects was part of what prompted the discussion that lead to phandomgives. There's a big difference on donations when they retweet the drives or don't so if they did a standard liveshow with donations they'd make a lot.

I think change Phil’s keep Dan’s.
I think its good to vary up the charities? We’ve done a lot of good for YoungMinds (and Make a Wish), now may be a good time to support and promote other organizations Dan has worked with (Stonewall UK, Mermaids). I think a cancer charity for Phil could be really thoughtful, we just have to do the right research to find one he would support? First one that comes to mind is Stand Up to Cancer.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Even if Dan is the ambassador YoungMinds, I'd love to donate to Mermaids on his behalf for example.
I also think we could switch up Phil's and yeah, a cancer one would be really nice.
:gayaf: