Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

I don’t see how the video would be interesting or even work without another person there, but it is Phil, so who knows? I have high hopes though, I’ve watched Jenna and Meghan McCarthy’s videos where they did the same thing, and I thought they were pretty funny.
:lesbianflag:
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I've convinced myself that Dan won't even be mentioned in the video so I don't feel disappointed, I'm really looking forward to the video because I miss seeing Phil.
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Logistically, Phil could set up a slide show in his laptop and then set it a distance away from him and guess that way. Dan would still have to curate the photos, like with VPMO, because if Phil saw them he’d probably recognize them later and if he chose randomly he’d waste a lot of time reacting to stuff he wouldn’t put on his channel.

Asking for people to submit photos for reaction is a slight change in format. I think they need to curate or add some photos, as a lot of the humor of the format comes from Phil not recognizing photos he usually would. I can’t see it working with laser eyed cat photos.

It will be interesting to see if Dan is there behind the camera as an indicator of things to come.

Either way I’m psyched Phil decided to do this video! I think he’s liked comments about it twice now, and the whole idea seems perfect for him.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I think we're all forgoing the obvious conclusion here: Norman will be curating.

:betta:
kavat
pastel persona

Can April Fools next year be Norman Fest? 4 hours of a betta on a leaf. I'd watch that.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

They’ve probably already got that planned tbh ;)
autumnhearth
senpai

flarequake wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:52 pm They’ve probably already got that planned tbh ;)
Yup yup! :love2: :betta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so shocked no one posted the Phil and Safiya interaction! He sent her one of his candles and she did an ig story on it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m constantly surprised no one’s posted tweets bare minutes after they’re up, it’s why I post them sometimes. It did occur to me with the ig story when I noticed it wasn’t here, but it was late and in my tiredness I forgot. Also not sure how to post stories. Be funny if she sent them a frankenlipstick in return (anyone else enter for one? 350k did, I wasn’t successful).
flarequake
not an airport stalker

‘Complement’ with an e, Dan ;) Gorgeous photo, though. Goes without saying, really.

Dammit, big space, but nothing showing up.
Last edited by flarequake on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

flarequake wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:52 pm ‘Complement’ with an e, Dan ;) Gorgeous photo, though. Goes without saying, really.

Dammit, big space, but nothing showing up.
Couldn't get insta to work either, hope that substitution was okay!

I will take all the Dan and Colin photos he wants to share, even if I think it's just buying them more time to settle into the new :foreverhome:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, thanks, that works. I did not think of delaying tactics, also very happy to have Dan and Colin photos for whatever reason. And he’s moustache-less so that answers that question unless this was really early on before it began.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Aaaaand it’s a spon. :lol: Not complaining though, lovely pic <3 (and yes, I’m hoping it’s later in the trip and he shaved, but we really need a new pic to know for sure...)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sometimes I just like to randomly search Dan and Phil on twitter to see what the top tweets are. It can be especially nice and/or amusing during days when they're barely breathed.

A collection that are top tweets today:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Rize traumatized me in many ways, but the shows they did on that stupid app... they were something else. :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, they must have gone with Martyn and Cornelia to that exhibit!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Gizmo! Man after my own heart. I couldn’t find the plushes as a kid, found them a few years ago, but nothing’s quite the same as the real thing, he’s so cute.
knq
lava lamp

I’m gonna go ahead and say that the film noir astronaut movie with femme fetal Brad Pitt who hasn’t quite mastered lipstick application but is trying his best looks more interesting than the original poster.

Whatever Phil’s writing and pitching, I hope he has some fun playing around with traditional gender and sex roles. Dunno if that interests him beyond filters but it interests me!
kavat
pastel persona

Phil sent some stuff to Cristine too! He had to with that holo label
x
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

That’s nice of him! I wonder if they got some of her nail polishes? I know Phil wouldn’t wear them but Dan might, they’re his aesthetic and everything (black and glitter).
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil sent PJ merch too. I wonder why he’s sending it out now when it’s been out for months. It’s definitely nice of him - the timing is just interesting.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Amiaw wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:07 pm Phil sent PJ merch too. I wonder why he’s sending it out now when it’s been out for months. It’s definitely nice of him - the timing is just interesting.
forever homes are expensive. he needed to diversify his marketing strategy~ :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Also maybe it’s a good time to plant ideas for Christmas gifts 🎁
knq
lava lamp

Knowing IRL's shipping, he probably sent them right when they were released.

I approve of Phil's choice of YouTube buds to court. <3 Still waiting for that Safiya collab.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

nth rewatch of BIG: you know the first couple times you watch something and everything seems slowed down because you're trying to take in every detail? Well now that I've seen it enough times that I know chunks of it off by heart, so the first half really seemed to come thick and fast.
Somehow, it doesn't lose any of its power. So well crafted. I'm so proud of him!
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap: