Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phew, the happy chemicals were coursing through me when he made the liveshows announcement. I’d been having such opposite imaginings of some kind of announcement, irrationally of course, so I was braced for something sad when he told Dan he had things to say. He looks amazing too, +1 for the natural hair growing through. He is getting a little more creased around the eyes and it looks good. Also that shirt, such a pretty man. The actual picture content was fun too. How did he not guess that corgi?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Just really quickly I’d like to dedicate an entire post exclusively to Phil’s hair in this video.

Absolutely flawless. *chef’s kiss*
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Gotta appreciate that Phil made the most innappropriate and cursed phallic photo the thumbnail.

I loved this I was so happy. Just BANTS. ALL THE BANTS.

Also the weather is pretty fine on moving hill. He also called this "my room" which is verrrry interesting because, umm, Phil I'm pretty sure that setup cannot be located in your AP closet if you didn't also get rid of the bed...
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I'm speechless. This video is a masterpiece. DAN'S LAUGH OKAY DAN'S LAUGH PHIL'S HAIR
AND it was so funny. Wow i'm in heaven
:gayaf:
Neons
spork

Oh gosh I loved the bants, and the general giddy atmosphere the whole video had, they are so happy :prideheart2:

And yes Phil suits that blue shirt so much.

And live shows! I feel like a kid at Christmas.
knq
lava lamp

I love it. I love it so much.

The camera zooming in on the dinosaur lamp when Dan talked was genius editing.

Phil is going to be on YouNow!!! By gaming I'm guessing he means more like The Drawing Game than Mortal Combat.

Phil identifying Jim with his glasses on. :lol:

"Fallopian vibes" and "ovarian energy" are my new favorite phrases.

Mystery:
5:15 Phil: "I mean, there's not much difference between you and Waluigi to be honest." Were... were we supposed to see a photo of Waluigi or...?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I hope he didn’t say that dan was like waluigi because he still has the mustache...
noodlebum
flower crown

The roast chicken guess for Harry Styles was so great! Their laughter had me smiling so much, and the silly joint jokes and bants... They play off each other so well! :love2:

Very excited for live shows again. But how would gaming work on younow? It's not like twitch is it? Or does he mean like board games/party games with Dan? Excited for tomorrow! Will likely just be a casual chat one with just him for a first one in ages and ages. Be nice to have these again even if not every week, and Dan or no Dan/occasionally-popping-in Dan. :ribena:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

that was amazing. I'm so satisfied right now
Philena
blobfish

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:40 pm that was amazing. I'm so satisfied right now
Same. It's like I had no idea how thirsty I actually was.. and now live shows? What am i going to do?!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Loved the video! And he looked very cute too! I wish he still had the live shows on YouTube like they were before bec I’m rarely able to watch them live:( but it still should be on tumblr after, right?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I don’t have much to say but BITCH what a man! Floppy quiff, ginger roots and glasses. I don’t even need sound to that video I was just starring at him. <3 He’s sooo prettyyy.

As for liveshow I’m so happy they are back. I actually thought they wouldn’t. With Phils liveshows they aren’t always my fav I sometimes feel like he just wants to get away and do something else. But I still love them. I wouldn’t mind some joint liveshows too they really became my fav to rewatch. (Nothing will top the bow tie moment for me) Although because of no joint gaming videos I wonder what the chances will be.

I just really miss liveshows so much so I’m happy. I’m intrigued to see how liveshowphil will be. With gems like you and dan are so married and phanwedding I can’t wait to see what other unfiltered stuff will come out of his mouth.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The serotonin. I can feel it flowing through my veins. I'm so happy :happytears:

I've missed them banting on camera so damn much, even if Dan wasn't technically on camera. It haven't had that Why Do I Feel Like I'm Thirdwheeling While Watching A YouTube Video feel in so long. I'm surprised at the return of liveshows, I just didn't expect it anymore (at least not this year). I'm amazed at his loyalty to YouNow. I wonder what they're paying him this time around. I also wonder if it is less broken than it used to be lol. I never really cared about solo liveshows, but I'll check the first one out at least while still hoping for a joint liveshow in the future.

i feel like doing some commentary i haven't done it in so long so here:

- First things first, when I grow out my roots it looks like shit. Yet when Phil does it, it's kind of a look? Unfair.
- I might have started crying a bit when I heard Dan off screen. Joint content. Sort of.
- They just reused the Dan Is Wearing Pajamas excuse from the Not Milk Challenge.
- bants bants bants
- I still kinda love the Voldemort pic. Even if he does look paler than ever in it, it's just good.
- "He was hot enough to eat." Phil reminding us that we live in the PCOU, just in case we forgot (we didn't, but are thankful anyway).
- Dan's hyena laugh when he realizes he just gave Phil the biggest clue about the picture of the queen.
- PSA on the importance of not straining your eyes.
- That picture of the spreaded legs with the mouth in the middle is gonna give me nightmares for days.
- Phil: Brings back liveshows. Us: Blurry surprised Pikachu face
- "What kind of characteristics would you bestow upon this man?" thatsbait.gif
- lmao at Phil calling the moustache dodgy. I bet he teased Dan about it via text during their time apart.
- I involuntarily know that BTS has an album called Map of Persona so maybe Phil should just claim the win for that one.
- Phil describing a penis is magical.
- "Bring it on, biatch."
- Anthony really does look like Dan in that pic... I thought they stopped really looking alike a while ago but maybe not.
- Phil: "It has Fallopian vibes..." Dan: "Yeah, slight ovarian energy." Not sure why this exchange made my laugh so much, but it did.
- A Blurry Furry
- Dan asking Phil whether he wants to be in that image and Phil immediately knowing he is Up To Some Shit.
- Naked mole rats definitely look cuter in cartoons than irl.
- Ok nvm the legs with the mouth, that Phil pic/edit/whatever is gonna be this week's nightmare fuel.
- more bants.

In conclusion, I loved the video and it's nice that something familiar is coming back instead of taken away. I'm a pretty satisfied phannie rn :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Months long thirst has been quenched. I missed their bants so much. That video made my weekend. <3
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
noodlebum
flower crown

blahblahblah8 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 pm Loved the video! And he looked very cute too! I wish he still had the live shows on YouTube like they were before bec I’m rarely able to watch them live:( but it still should be on tumblr after, right?
Ooh yeah I can rarely watch them live either and can't remember the process it's been so long! :lol: so can't watch them afterwards on younow, only via tumblr?
Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:57 pm - They just reused the Dan Is Wearing Pajamas excuse from the Not Milk Challenge.
And the viewers choose my outfits video!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

noodlebum wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm
Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:57 pm - They just reused the Dan Is Wearing Pajamas excuse from the Not Milk Challenge.
I do actually think that perhaps Dan wears pajamas a lot.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Cynical me is wondering if they're getting short on cash since liveshows are definitely their easiest way to make some $$$
Secretstanner
truth bomb

plinthofmylife wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 pm
noodlebum wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 pm
I do actually think that perhaps Dan wears pajamas a lot.
I mean same. I never get dressed if I have no plans so on days im not working I’m wearing pjs all day. it wouldn’t faze me if he does genuinely wear pjs when their home and have no plans.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

blahblahblah8 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 pm Loved the video! And he looked very cute too! I wish he still had the live shows on YouTube like they were before bec I’m rarely able to watch them live:( but it still should be on tumblr after, right?
If Phil remembers to connect the show to YouTube, it should be on his side channel after! But tumblr is definitely the best bet for rewatching.
parallel
phabergé

phanshows returns

(also, on an unrelated note, I forgot to mention: I did audibly scream when I heard Dan's voice. I am too starved of joint content)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Secretstanner wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:10 pm I mean same. I never get dressed if I have no plans so on days im not working I’m wearing pjs all day. it wouldn’t faze me if he does genuinely wear pjs when their home and have no plans.
I work from home and I had to implement a really strict "we get dressed in not-pajamas on work days even if we're not seeing another human being, otherwise we never really get into work mode and fall into the couch hole under a cat"

I wonder if Dan could benefit from that advice... :poke:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:09 pm Cynical me is wondering if they're getting short on cash since liveshows are definitely their easiest way to make some $$$
*coughcough* moving expenses
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Amiaw wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:23 pm I hope he didn’t say that dan was like waluigi because he still has the mustache...
Honestly, one fear :?

The video was great, I laughed, I cried, and now my life is so much better than it was this morning, I love these guys :rainbowtears:

Kinda curious that Phil used "we" several times when he was talking about the return of the liveshows in the end. I'm pretty sure he meant himself and the audience, rather than himself and Dan, but also, who even knows in that post coming-out universe, so got my attention.

ETA: awww I have a new rank, how appropriate :prideheart2:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Seeing this video after Phil’s Instagram story this morning - his hair looks quite different so the Instagram story is probably quite delayed but I’m so curious about the background for the liveshows. Is he going to go back to a corner of the living flat or is he going to stay with his white wall? Is he going to air out the amazing Phil duvet and find a random bedroom....I’m just so very curious.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I guess tomorrow we will have some kind of confirmation if they've moved yet or not. Moving is a process but I'm holding onto that good wifi thing because that's literally all they've complained about since moving in 2017. And weird bath stuff. I guess we will see, but my bets are on a white wall. I imagine if they were still in their old flat it would either be on that sofa in the lounge or the dining table near the round wall like we usually got for solo Phil liveshows.