Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I've missed them so much wtf. Dan's laugh at 4:45 nearly made me cry. Good video Phil, I've been fed. Also his hair looked really good, less stark black.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

My favourite moment is definitely Dan's laugh at 9:17

Totally cured my mental health issues. :happytears:

edit to add Phil's "meh"(i guess?) because it's also one of my fav moments : 8:11
:gayaf:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I am so so so so excited after today. We got an almost joint view, Phil in glasses, Phil’s hair looking amazing and a promise of a liveshow tomorrow. Have I gone back in time to 2017?! I am here for it yay!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

On my umpteenth rewatch, I have a couple more thoughts:

At 1:18, when Dan tells Phil to put the glasses on halfway to do the "tiny, pea eyes"... that was supposed to definitely be a behind-the-scenes moment, right? Because once Phil does it, Dan goes *~full Dan~* with "No one asked for that." You did, buddy. You asked for that. But regardless, I appreciated the moment there. V CUTE.

Similar moment at 2:42, when Dan argues that he's supposed to tell Phil what the answer is before the glasses. So they play the whole bit out again at 2:55 (suggesting that everything between 2:42 and 2:55 was just them being cute between themselves) and IDK y'all that entire thing IS ADORABLE!!! Sign me up for more meant-to-be-cut-out bants!!!!

I wonder if these moments were left in intentionally. I assume they weren't, but that said, it really radiates a comfortable-with-our-audience energy that I LIVE FOR. That they're more chill about just leaving a bunch of random convo in.

I have feelings.

:happytears:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Secretstanner wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:55 pm I wouldn’t mind some joint liveshows too they really became my fav to rewatch. (Nothing will top the bow tie moment for me)
What's the bow tie moment?
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Megancita75 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:31 am
Secretstanner wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:55 pm I wouldn’t mind some joint liveshows too they really became my fav to rewatch. (Nothing will top the bow tie moment for me)
What's the bow tie moment?
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

oh I just figured the Waluigi comment was at the "waaah" sound the dinosaur Dan made just before? but the moustache makes sense too :lol:
:rainbowtears:
victorycafe
squish

sonicgreen wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:26 pm I've missed them so much wtf. Dan's laugh at 4:45 nearly made me cry.
At one point when they were laughing about the Anthony photo looking so much like Dan I almost teared up. Even though Dan wasn't on camera it was so nice seeing something that I thought we might never see from them again, and especially nice in this new era of them, idk.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I enjoyed this video so much! Not just because Dan was in it, but also because it turns out I’ve been missing Phil’s brand of lighthearted content much more than I realized. Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that it looks like Phil has about an inch of roots showing. Could he be considering stopping dying his hair? 🤔 (I doubt it.)
  • [0:01] Dan starts singing off-camera, indicating that he’s going to be in the video!!!
  • [0:05] Phil reveals that he went to an optician recently, and he had to get a stronger prescription: -3.75 for both of his eyes.
  • [0:47] Phil asks Dan why he’s not on camera, and Dan (indignantly) admits that he’s wearing pajamas. To get back at Phil with his own “exposition,” Dan says that the only reason he’s in the video is because he’s the only person Phil knows.
  • [5:16] Phil says that there’s not much difference between Dan and Waluigi. Dan takes it as a compliment. Not entirely sure what to make of this...
  • [6:27] Dan shows Phil this photo of Dan with a mustache, and he asks Phil to ascribe characteristics to the man in the photo. Phil says the man has a very small head. After guessing the photo correctly, Phil describes Dan’s mustache as “dodgy,” before later apologizing, saying that it was very tasteful in France. Dan is highly offended. :lol:
  • [7:38] Dan shows Phil this photo he took of a phallic cactus. Phil immediately sees that it is very phallic, but Dan tries to persuade him that it’s not and that he just has his mind in the gutter. :lol: After Phil correctly guesses the image, they call it the “penis cactus,” the “dick cactus,” the “dicktus,” and the “peen cactus.”
  • [8:10] Dan shows Phil this photo of a person holding a rat in their lap, which again looks extremely phallic. The following exchange ensues:
    D: Innocent mind.
    P: My--
    D: What’s that?
    P: *laughs*
    D: Oh, what? Behave!
    P: Right--
    D: What is it? What do you think it is?
    P: A penis.
    D: Grow up, Phil!
    P: What--What is it then?
    D: Why do you think that?
    P: ‘Cause it’s like a *laughs* I don’t wanna get demonetized!
    D: You have to say it, Phil!
    P: Okay, I--It’s like a long, floppy, pink...colored object.
    D: *laughs*
    P: *laughs*
  • [9:39] Dan shows Phil this photo of Anthony Padilla, and Phil becomes convinced that it’s a picture of Dan.
  • [11:09] Dan promises Phil that nothing is cursed in this video and that all of the images are wholesome, especially this cartoon of a naked man straddling a human-sized goldfish. Phil thinks it looks like a sunset with a pig in the foreground, and Dan asks if Phil wants to be in this image. Sensing the trick, Phil declines.
  • [12:42] Dan shows Phil this horrifying image of Phil during an Interactive Introverts meet and greet. They question whether it’s an edit, but Phil is able to successfully recreate the photo.
  • [13:31] At the end of the video, Phil doesn’t want Dan to leave:
    P: Um…
    D: Bye.
    P: But, no, I’ve got things to say.
    D: I don’t.
    P: You can go.
    D: Okay.
    P: I thought you were saying “bye” for me. I was like *laughs*
    D: No, I’m leaving.
    P: Okay, thanks, Dan. Bye!
  • [13:44] Phil announces that he’s going to be doing liveshows again! He’s going to chat, do some gaming, react to things that viewers send in, and do some giveaways. The first one is going to be Sunday, September 29.
  • [14:19] Clumsy Phil does some scary balancing and waving around of a lit candle containing glass, hot wax, and an open flame. :facepalm2:
  • Once again, Phil has links to the three versions of the AmazingPhil Shop in the video description, and there is no link to the Dan and Phil Shop.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
noodlebum
flower crown

Dan's insane laugh is my favourite, I need a whole video of his screaming cackle
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Happy Phil Liveshow Day! (I can't believe that's a sentence I can type in 2019)

Yesterday's vid gave me the serotonin boost I needed. I missed my boys so much and I am happy they're back especially 'cause they seemed extra soft and comfortable in that vid and that's all I ever wanted from them.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
kavat
pastel persona

God I loved that video so much. I hadn't really realized how much I've missed them just joking and laughing together. I feel like I can live off this high for weeks.

Extremely hyped for liveshow tonight, can't wait to see where his setup will be!
susan2
rainbow nerd

T-minus 7 hours to live show :rocket:
It's time to "sign in with Facebook and click become a fan"

I'm curious to see what form the 'gaming' will take. When YouNow launched WTF I thought that was exactly the kind thing I could see Phil getting involved with (but then was glad he didn't as it flopped badly!). I tried to play it a few times, it crashed constantly, but was very similar to that HQ Trivia app Phil was into for a while. I wonder if YouNow might be looking to integrate interactive gaming technology into YouNow directly instead of having a separate app - kinda like they did with the Rize features(?). Just a thought, time will tell.
noodlebum
flower crown

Yes I'm also very intrigued by liveshow gaming and what that means/entails
glitterintheair
phillluminati

noodlebum wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:06 am Dan's insane laugh is my favourite, I need a whole video of his screaming cackle
:love2:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

The picture of Anthony was definitely in the mix so Phil could confuse him with Dan but I wonder if Jim Halpert was too. Not that I think Dan looks much like him but if he hadn't had his glasses on and could just see a brown haired man with wavyish looking hair he'd have probably went Dan for that too.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Why does everything make me so warm today arrggh?? I just made heart eyes at this for thirty seconds.
susan2
rainbow nerd

:zzz: :question: :zzz: :question: :zzz: :question:
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

I love the festive, anticipatory feeling all around, today.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
blueapple_x
flower crown

susan2 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:31 pm :zzz: :question: :zzz: :question: :zzz: :question:
This is interesting. I did have a suspicion that liveshows would be more structured than before but I guess it's still early to tell whether the liveshow will be very short with the main topic being about weird things people have done in their sleep or if that'll just be a small portion of the show....
Amiaw
interactive introvert

We found out about every important thing that happened last year through liveshows and i am curious if that’s going to continue or if they are going to return to form with Phil’s old format.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I wish he streamed on YouTube. It would give more incentive to become a member for his channel and it's clearly the better platform to watch on.
(Younow still doesn't work on mobile at all, does it?)

I assume they found during their few YouTube streams that they made a lot more money on YN, else I don't see why they would stay.
autumnhearth
senpai

I also would prefer YouTube streams, but I get it from a money standpoint. And while I guess they don’t owe YouNoe anything, they did sponsor II and I always wondered how the company felt about D&P dropping them after Christmas. YouNow has a mobile app that I think? I’ve used before like once or twice. I sure hope it works as I just downloaded it.

I agree that having a structure/little theme to talk about is smart and engaging. If anyone wanted to dissect Phil’s phrasing at the end of the video here is what he said:

“I’m going to be doing liveshows again on YouNow! We’re gonna have a chat, we could do some gaming, we could react to stuff that you guys send in.”

On the first watch my stunned brain didn’t even take in the words we and gaming. On the second watch I thought that the “we” reacting to stuff included Dan as it was “you guys” sending it in (Dan and Phil vs the world) but the we each time just seems to be the collective we and the viewers will be reacting to stuff with him as a community. Which is not to say that Dan won’t drop in sometimes.
Fingers crossed that Phil is using his new high speed wifi today :please:
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

t minus any moment now
noodlebum
flower crown

He was there briefly with no audio then disappeared again

Edit: He's back with a green screen! And has already revealed they have fast internet now (but not that they've moved...) and is admiring himself in HD