Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Really dan.. I’ve been waiting 5 years for you to watch and comment on drag or drag race and it has to be when I havnt even seen the episode yet. The fact that we don’t get liveshow where he could comment on this season and next next two coming right after is disgusting and I’m taking it personally. Also gay ass :rainbowtears:

I’m gonna need phil to talk about this also in his live Sunday. Instead of a weekly news segment can I get a weekly drag race segment. I’m sorry guys but I’ve waiting too long for this so I’m gonna be selfish.
philisnotonfire
not a first-time poster

I'm kind of scared about this whole Dan and Phil thing, but I am also excited for what the future holds. Also, I think Phil is killing it with his content (and his hair isn't that bad either). I am so proud of the both of them :)
noodlebum
flower crown

Yesss he's all over it :lol: need a joint live show stat!
Tottrie
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

I just want to go back on the topic of "What are Dan doing??" for a second.

Like you know Dan made a post on twitter about Brexit and that made me realize (from reading on Tumblr at least) that there is a part of the phandom that doesn't know(or know a lot)about Brexit.

So very shortly brexit is the UK leaving the EU, a union that make it easier to trade, and work in the member states. But also set up regulation so all the goods has the same standard all over EU. (And a lot more, but this is a very short summary)

But Britain leaving the EU, what does that have to do with Dan and Phil??

Well, they have a business that ship all over the world, including the EU. What happens with brexit will directly effect them. If the UK leaves with no deal, with a deal, don't leave at all, it's all up in the air right now. (But most likely No-deal). And they will have to prepare for that.

I'm not a business person so I don't know all that they will have to do. But after watching the news with interviews from other business owners, it's a lot.

TLDR: I think they are preparing IRL for Brexit.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Tottrie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 am I think they are preparing IRL for Brexit.
Woah, I had never considered that. I just did a quick Google search about how Brexit will affect business, and it gave me anxiety just reading the long list of things to consider. This is a really, really interesting point and I would love to hear more about it from anyone who has insight into how Brexit will affect UK business owners.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I’m sure someone(s) at IRL are making some preparations, and D&P would probably be copied in/have visibility of it as directors of the company, but I feel like it’s unlikely they’re personally managing any of it as it’s not really their area of expertise (unless they’ve taken some night school classes we don’t know about). The company must have business and financial staff and/or advisors, not to mention guidance from their bank(s). There’s still a lot of uncertainty about exactly what’ll happen, but the biggest impacts to a company like theirs are likely to be customs excise and potential delays to/from suppliers and customers (and possibly things like tax implications), which may or may not affect them if they’re sufficiently prepared for it.

(I’m not an expert at all for the record but I have some visibility of it all through work.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw
interactive introvert

Secretstanner
truth bomb

Ahh they both look sooo good. Dans curls look so pretty I love them. My god phil looks so handsome. I like the brown but something is making me miss the stark black hair. I wonder if it’s a permanent change or just trying something new. Can we actually get a selfie posted by them though.
parallel
phabergé

Is this joint content?

I am loving Phil's hair though. It suits him imo!

I stopped trying to understand Dan's fashion a long time ago, but wtf is he wearing? Are those two pockets on the front or? And why does a zipper need to be there?
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

The tache is gone. The evil is defeated. Finally I can rest.

:lol:

They look wonderful! :loveeyes:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

If I'm remembering correctly, Frieze was the art festival thing that Phil went to with Martyn and Cornelia last year, where he and Martyn were Barnaby and Jenkins. I feel like we thought Dan wasn't there but I'm blanking on what was going on? Anyway I think it's cool that he went back (with them? without them?) and brought Dan along this time (unless I'm remembering wrong and he was there last time too).
kavat
pastel persona

The PCOU looks so good on them :rainbowtears:
Templeofshame wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:22 pm If I'm remembering correctly, Frieze was the art festival thing that Phil went to with Martyn and Cornelia last year, where he and Martyn were Barnaby and Jenkins. I feel like we thought Dan wasn't there but I'm blanking on what was going on? Anyway I think it's cool that he went back (with them? without them?) and brought Dan along this time (unless I'm remembering wrong and he was there last time too).
You are right, Phil went with Martyn and Cornelia last year while Dan was in Reading. They talk about it in the mukbang.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

This photo's really fuckin' me up with how good they both look. On their own and also as a pair! Like. Wow. Slaps me right across the face tbh.

And Dan bringing back my all time favorite haircut (circa Chopstick Challenge)??? I'm shook. Also his top? Fuckin' FASHION.

I feel visually blessed this fine Friday.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

everything has already been said but wOW i still swoon over both of my boys. gorgeous.
knq
lava lamp

The zipper near Dan's ear sort of makes it look like he's wearing a long dangly earring. I can now state with confidence that Dan could pull off a long dangly earring.
George
sad dimple

God I hope Phil's main goal is to get back to his original hair color.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
liola
rankussy

Jesus how do they look so good?? I love Dan's top and I want it for myself and his hair!! Looks so good.

AND PHIL. God I do miss the black a little bit but with the sun kissing his chocolatey hair? His light grey jumper? His shoulders? Wow fuck me up Lester.

They look like rich gay husbands on their way to a day of art and culture and probably an expensive lunch which I'm going to assume is just what happened :happytears: :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

George wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:50 pm God I hope Phil's main goal is to get back to his original hair color.
I was wondering what side of that debate people on IDB were falling on... I have to say I actually think the black looks a lot more striking on him. I think the dark brown doesn't look bad but I actually feel like his natural color wouldn't look that flattering. I'm totally okay with him wanting to try it out, though - not that it would matter even if I wasn't, it's his hair - and I'm sure I'd adjust to it. It's just... the black... was so pretty. :(
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m team brown hair. I liked the black hair but the brown hair makes him look both more mature and softer at the same time.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

They're such an attractive couple, it's really quite unfair. I'm glad they seem to be thriving and going to art shows and stuff. It's a good look on them :'( tbh I just love seeing them be happy ;_;

re: Phil's hair, tbh I like it! I think it looks great and I wouldn't be mad if he decided to keep it because I'll take whatever makes him feel the best (aside from the fringe, sorry), but I have an attachment to the black. I love it a lot, and like dizzy said it is much more striking on him. (and yeah I'm definitely not biased as someone with the same complexion and natural hair colour as Phil who also dyes their hair black. nope. not at all. :?)
knq
lava lamp

I'm just enjoying that after making the joke that his coming out video was about his natural hair color, Phil's tried letting go of the black for the first time. :rainbowtears:

It's hard for me to imagine Phil with light hair--it's still quite dark to me. I think the softening from the black to dark brown looks lovely, but a light brown wouldn't bring out his features as much. Mostly I'm just interested in seeing Phil play with it.

Also yes, Dan's shirt does seem to have two pockets of differing sizes. It's kind of like a cross between a turtleneck and an apron? I hope one of the fashion blogs finds it because I want to see the whole thing.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I think the bright lighting here plays a part too; it looked quite a bit darker in the last video and the liveshow. I do prefer it darker in general, whether that’s black or very dark brown; any lighter or his natural colour and he looks so much like Martyn, lol (especially if he keeps it so short, I miss the long quiff). I did think he looked lovely in the vid and live. (Not that he doesn’t here, of course!)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
kavat
pastel persona

I love the dark brown on Phil. I think the black made him look even paler, the contrast was too stark for my taste (especially when it almost veered towards blue for a while).

But I think the most interesting thing is that he's changed his hair more in the past year and a half than he did in the what, ten years before that. He looks like a completely different person to 2014 (Dan too tbh).
Neons
spork

I love the little waves in Dan's hair, cute!

I can't make my mind up about Phil's hair colour but I do prefer the longer quiff. I really love how he looked in the 3rd Google Feud video; the dark hair and red shirt was a striking combo. But then he looked lovely and soft in TTSTWMG.

Phil doesn't have many (any?) vids left unprivated on his channel that show his natural hair colour does he? I remember stumbling across an old video on someone else's channel recently from like 2008 that showed it in all it's gingery-brown glory but I can't remember where I saw it now.