Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

2009 Phil said it all...

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Picking up from the last thread:
Catallena wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm
George wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:50 pm God I hope Phil's main goal is to get back to his original hair color.
I was wondering what side of that debate people on IDB were falling on... I have to say I actually think the black looks a lot more striking on him. I think the dark brown doesn't look bad but I actually feel like his natural color wouldn't look that flattering. I'm totally okay with him wanting to try it out, though - not that it would matter even if I wasn't, it's his hair - and I'm sure I'd adjust to it. It's just... the black... was so pretty. :(
Phil really pulls of black hair so well tbh. The contrast between his pale skin and dark hair looked great on him, without making him look sickly. I'm biased though because 1. I too chase the contrasting look (except with espresso brown hair dye because I'm not blessed with Phil's talent to pull off black) and 2. I always push back against the myth that someone's natural hair color looks best. Phil's natural hair color does nothing for his facial features. Even if he's done with the black, he should definitely keep a darker color imo.
Secretstanner wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 pm Too me the colour doesn’t look dark brown. The dye looks I’d say medium brown. The colour on the sides are gonna be a truer match to the dye than the fringe because it’s been dyed with black previously, where the sides were grown out and not had anything. I think that if he continues to keep the colour after a few cuts we will see how light the colour actually is. I’m someone who is pale just like Phil and I dye my hair black. I think just like me the black hair can look natural. I’ve seen people with dyed black hair and it doesn’t suit their competition at all and phil is not one of those people. The black looks amazing but the brown does soften his features.
Templeofshame wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:39 pm And now we're getting to see fun art and confirmed that Cornelia was there! (Sorry guys, I just don't have anything for the hair convo, he'll do what he wants to do and it's fine by me.)
kavat
pastel persona

Dan and Cornelia with the egg is the CUtest thing
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm emotional over Cornelia's insta with deppy in the distance.

It's fine. I'm fine!!
scientia
phabergé

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:50 pm I'm emotional over Cornelia's insta with deppy in the distance.

It's fine. I'm fine!!
Cornelia never fails to gift us with stealthy deppy!
Phantasy
woodland creature

scientia wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:53 pm
rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:50 pm I'm emotional over Cornelia's insta with deppy in the distance.

It's fine. I'm fine!!
Cornelia never fails to gift us with stealthy deppy!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

They are gorgeous. I didn't know people could be that gorgeous. I just... love them, you know?

Re: Phil's hair : TEAM BROWN <3
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:rainbowtears:

me rn though
Ataraxia25
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:56 pm :rainbowtears:

me rn though
That's me too! It's a blue egg and two adorable heads and it's too cute.
Too cute to function.
:gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Re: hair, I'm super Team Brown. But it's because I feel like the brown really features his greys and there's nothing more satisfying to me than the concept of silver-fox!Phil.

That being said, Phil always looks good so like... you do you, boo~
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ah, it’s so fun seeing everyone squee over them. The egg photo is adorable, Phil next to the fart sign is hilarious, idk who the guy in the other photo is, but that’s a lovely one too. Phil does look less striking in that where his hair looks lighter, but he looks great in general, as does Dan, bless those finger-waves, swoon.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love Phil in this one.
sugar
eclipse shirt

first of all, reading the conversation on their finances and how dan's break may be affecting them in the last thread did my head in. it strikes me every time this comes up because i really don't think a lot of you realize how fucking loaded they are. they could easily buy a house, never work another day in their lives, and live quite comfortably off the money they've made up to this point. plus, they make a shit ton of money on merch and dan's been releasing that pretty steadily. dan's youtube break will not have made much of an impact on their personal finances.
/rant

looks like dan wanted to go to the art fair with phil this year in case the penis wall was there again :rofl:

that photo of them is lovely. it's so good to see their faces together again. i actually cried while watching what dan and phil text each other last night over how much i miss dan. and this photo only made it worse. he is so beautiful. i actually find it hard to put into words.

i'm fully team black hair with phil. it just suits him and as other people have said, it's much more striking. brown just feels wrong. perhaps i'll get used to it but i'll always prefer the black.

i'm dying to know if anyone's figured out what that turtleneck/jacket dan's wearing is yet. i'm sure it's horrifyingly overpriced and i love that for him.

and i loved seeing dan and cornelia together in phil's story. such family vibes.
AltMay
glabella

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 pm Re: hair, I'm super Team Brown. But it's because I feel like the brown really features his greys and there's nothing more satisfying to me than the concept of silver-fox!Phil.

That being said, Phil always looks good so like... you do you, boo~
Hard agree on this. Personally I'd be delighted if he chose to grow his natural hair with the greys. I think it'd really REALLY suit him.

Edit to add: Also these stories are amazing ;-; i feel so blessed.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
noodlebum
flower crown

sugar wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:34 pm looks like dan wanted to go to the art fair with phil this year in case the penis wall was there again :rofl:
:lol:

Man I'm not usually a thirsty person, but Phil is filling out that jumper nicely, and Dan's curls are gorgeous :love2:
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Lol, I just rewatched the Norman Cam bits of the liveshow and you can quite visibly see his reflection on the tank. :lol: what a troll
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Neons
spork

I like Phil with sprinkles of grey too now that I think of it. But of course he should do whatever he damn well pleases with his hair, the fact he waited so long to lop off his emo fringe because he was worried how his fans would react makes me kinda sad.

It's got me thinking actually, maybe his new experimentation with his hair is linked to what he said in DML2 about feeling more financially stable thus not having to make every decision from the POV of what his audience might think. But I may be over-analysing.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I really love their natural hair!! I danced and cheered the day Dan released the curls and honestly I'm digging Phil embracing his natural hair as well. I think it brings a peculiar softness that I like.
I could be biased since just now I'm embracing my natural hair as well.. i'm releasing the curls too.

And, oh does that insta with Corn and Dan bring me such family vibesss. I love it
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

nah i'm definitely team black hair. i don't necessarily dislike the brown but black really suited phil, it looked so striking with his complexion and his eyes!

that is such a good fan selfie with the both of them though, they look so happy. also really appreciating cornelia and phil's art exhibition ig content, looks like it was a good day out.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

Us: Dan isn't posting videos I hope he can pay rent...
Dan: wears £$1000 jumper
Us:* clown emoji *

https://dnpscloset.tumblr.com/post/1881 ... ater-brand
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m excited to see Phil experiment. I’d love to see at least one summer with his hair going ginger. Speaking of hair you could ride Dan’s waves! While we don’t see him enough to tell it seems that Dan has been forgoing skinny jeans in favor of interesting trousers. Could the black high neck he is wearing be part of that fancy multilayer coat he has? Oh speak of the devil! Thank you! That’s... interesting... So much for his clothing being vegan. I guess cognitive dissonance extends to indulging in fashion too. :|
queerofcups
spork
Pronouns: they | them

sugar wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:34 pm first of all, reading the conversation on their finances and how dan's break may be affecting them in the last thread did my head in. it strikes me every time this comes up because i really don't think a lot of you realize how fucking loaded they are. they could easily buy a house, never work another day in their lives, and live quite comfortably off the money they've made up to this point. plus, they make a shit ton of money on merch and dan's been releasing that pretty steadily. dan's youtube break will not have made much of an impact on their personal finances.
/rant
^^^^ This but also as I was reading that convo I kept thinking about how they're well into the place where their money could be making money without them doing anything but not touching it. Like they're no Jeff Bezos but they're definitely at the point where their money doesn't work like regular folks' money works.

Also my god am I team brown hair. I'm neutral on greys but I think the brown suits his skin tone and eye color so much better. It's such a satisfyingly deep shade of brown too, I found the black really harsh. A+ job to whoever chose that color for him.
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm Us: Dan isn't posting videos I hope he can pay rent...

this entire Tumblr is so amusing to me because you have Dan's clothes which are all designer/hundreds of dollars and then you have Phil... every listing (except the cake) is from Top Man
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

one(1)phillie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:13 pm
Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm Us: Dan isn't posting videos I hope he can pay rent...

this entire Tumblr is so amusing to me because you have Dan's clothes which are all designer/hundreds of dollars and then you have Phil... every listing (except the cake) is from Top Man
how DARE you!

...phil also buys from asos.

(no but tbh i love it. i love that they're their own people and dan splurges on clothes and phil splurges on experiences that dan also takes part in.)
sugar
eclipse shirt

dan's tumblr likes have been privated.
i'm going to assume it's a mistake because i feel like it's an unspoken thing that he shares his favorite phanart with us through his likes as opposed to reblogging them, but who knows....

edit: and within a minute of me posting this they're back. i wonder if it was a tumblr glitch. i know it wasn't just my device cause i had a friend point it out to me. :shrug: