Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm This is such a Phil tweet, but also idk it's been months since theyve come out but it never fails to give a lil jolt of happy emotions when either of them casually mention their gayness :') I guess I'm just always happy that they can do it and feel comfortable to lol
same same same.

i'd like to also take a moment to tin-hat on a cosmic level, if everyone would please join me and slap on the goggles.

phil.... mentioning marriage? on my twitter timeline? post-japan???

:tinfoil:

anyway. we can go back to being realistic now.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Who cares about reality when you can just watch my ULTIMATE JAPHAN 2.0 COMPILATION?? An 18 minute BEAST of a serotonin boost so that you experience Japhan 2019 over and over again. Includes Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, YouTube Stories and some Twitter things not usually included in daily compilations.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

I don't think Dan is hinting at a poetry collection. I think he and Phil probably just went to an activity in Japan that included haiku writing, and now Dan is having fun with syllables because Dan is Dan.

Agree with Judearaya about the weighted blanket! It would be lovely if someone bought it or received it as a gift because they like dnp and discovered it helps their anxiety too. Also, it really does strike me as outside the norm for merch creation, which is something IRL advertises but I don't think dnp have really shown until this drop with the weighted blanket and hot chocolate.

A comment on each of those, though:
  • The weighted blanket says it's 8.5 kg in the worldwide shop, which is apparently 18.7 pounds, and 15 pounds on the US shop, which is 6.8 kg. :shrug:
  • And the marshmallows edited into that cup of hot chocolate are disturbingly green.
starwatersong
phabergé

I appreciate this extra, just because Instagram music isn’t available in Canada (so now I got to hear what music they chose!)

Thanks!
Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm Who cares about reality when you can just watch my ULTIMATE JAPHAN 2.0 COMPILATION?? An 18 minute BEAST of a serotonin boost so that you experience Japhan 2019 over and over again. Includes Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, YouTube Stories and some Twitter things not usually included in daily compilations.

stufflizloves
living flop

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm Who cares about reality when you can just watch my ULTIMATE JAPHAN 2.0 COMPILATION?? An 18 minute BEAST of a serotonin boost so that you experience Japhan 2019 over and over again. Includes Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, YouTube Stories and some Twitter things not usually included in daily compilations.

thank you thank you thank you

mvp right here. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
liola
rankussy

rizzo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:03 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm This is such a Phil tweet, but also idk it's been months since theyve come out but it never fails to give a lil jolt of happy emotions when either of them casually mention their gayness :') I guess I'm just always happy that they can do it and feel comfortable to lol
same same same.

i'd like to also take a moment to tin-hat on a cosmic level, if everyone would please join me and slap on the goggles.

phil.... mentioning marriage? on my twitter timeline? post-japan???

:tinfoil:

anyway. we can go back to being realistic now.
And you know what, now we know the preference on who would take whose last name.. Daniel Lester was a good suggestion indeed uh!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that’s a hint of the green screen showing next to the marshmallows. Whoops ;)
parallel
phabergé

I'm not saying anything but Daniel Lester has a really good ring to it. Phil Howell is okay but just doesn't sound as good.

They could either keep their surnames the same, double-barrel, or become Lesters. Phil's name just doesn't sound as good if he's a Howell lol

(I am mostly joking; I want them to do whatever makes them happy with their surnames)
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm
This is the content I'm here for. This and Dan's Kitkat tweet from earlier, that's all I want from them and I'm not even joking.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Speaking of Dan’s Kitkat experience, there was a box with the Kitkat logo on the desk next to Martyn in his ig story, next to the heart plushies. Got me wondering who Dan saw committing this bite-crime against a Kitkat.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:11 pm so, i was watching their festive ditl today and scrolling through the most recent comments, and someone pointed out that at 1:45, you can see they have a mug which says 'best buds: dan howell and phil lester'
probably a fan gift but it's pretty cute, and not something i'd ever noticed in the video before! also, seeing their old flat made me miss all their nerdy/cutesy knick-knacks, like the spiderman on the blind cord, dan and phil figurines, the ghost lamp, the wall-e toy, the mario bros flowers, etc. i'm assuming they still have them in the current apartment but we just don't get to see them anymore
It actually says “best duo” and I think (if memory serves me correctly) was from when they won the Golden Headphone Award in 2013.

I love watching old videos and seeing the old flat like you say all of the little nik-naks. It definitely made the place look more homely!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

HAPPY DECEMBER!

I'm back from Japan and that means I'm doing a live show tonight at 8PM!

I thought I'd consult my cactus friends with the following question:

What's the worst present YOU have ever bought for someone else? We always hear about strange presents you have gotten, but have you ever been that person and gifted someone something truly bad? CONFESS NOW and you might be in the show.

In other news I'm filming a new AmazingPhil video tomorrow, Norman is thriving with 8 new shrimp baby friends and I have refrained from eating my entire advent calendar in one day!

Hope you are doing great and I'll hopefully see you tonight in the show at http://www.younow.com/amazingphil

Also did you see Dan and I released new merch? The BLACKFRIDAY 10% off code still works at http://www.danandphilshop.com! I think my new festive candles are running low so now would be a good time to grab one as I don't think they'll be restocked.

Ho ho ho..ver and out!
AmazingPhil
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Lol, he refrained from eating his entire advent calendar of chocolate, well done, Phil :roll: He sounds bouncy, all liveshow, new video, Norman and baby shrimp friends all thriving :)
parallel
phabergé

Neither of them know how to make spaghetti confirmed
liola
rankussy

I just want you all to know just how upset Phil's spaghetti method made me like i'm having heart pain
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That liveshow was so cute. I missed him, I didn't even realize how much. I really loved all the stories about Japan - Phil having a little temper tantrum about climbing up a mountain is so hilarious. I mean, I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but in retrospect it's adorable to imagine.
likeinlatin
smol bean

That liveshow was so cute! He seemed to be in a really good mood and I loved the Japan stories (was also horrified at the spaghetti method...).

I never participate in chats for things like this but I was there really early so I said hi and he read my name which was really weird but also cool. He also made a Yanny joke (my name is Laurel) which was a bit less cool, ha. He apologised right after and said he figured I'd probably heard that one a lot, which, yeah. It's ok Phil, I am now used to the weird ubiquity of my previously not super relevant name, haha !
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I have never laughed so hard and been so confused during a liveshow than when Phil started talking about making pasta. And also pained because...what the fuck. But it was so fucking funny, I hope Phil takes a nap because he seemed a little out of it. But really the whole liveshow was so nice and cozy, and it was so great to hear about Japan. I would die for more Japan content, but I am soothed for now. It was just so nice.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Watched the liveshow in real time for the first time in years. I forgot what a weird experience it is. There were definitely parts of the live show that I enjoyed.
Other parts just feel like an elaborate obstancle course of some sort. It makes me sad that he still ignores the mukbang questions. It also makes me a bit sad how much people ask about Dan & don't get an answer in response. i wonder what his new video will be about.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil’s such a good storyteller and his description of the advent calendar was hilarious. I also loved his little comment about the dog being god and how flustered he got when the chat rightly called him out on pasta sand :lol:
I did find it interesting that they have all that space and yet he thought the Christmas decorations could have been in storage or at irl.
All in all great liveshow - a lot of funny moments and I’m glad he’s back
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

I lost it when he said he rinsed the sand from his pasta :rofl: what the ever loving hell, phil?

The Japan stories were great, the thought of him getting bit on the ass by deer and his temper tantrum about the mountain made my day. Such a giant manchild <3

I do wish chat would take a hint and stop pestering him with questions about Dan. Especially when he's obviously not going to answer them. Just let it go already and let Phil do his thing.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

spaceguitar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:06 pm Other parts just feel like an elaborate obstancle course of some sort. It makes me sad that he still ignores the mukbang questions. It also makes me a bit sad how much people ask about Dan & don't get an answer in response. i wonder what his new video will be about.
Maybe he just doesn't know about the mukbang yet? And idk maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I don't think Phil should be obligated to give updates on Dan. They're not the same people or each other's messengers. Phil's allowed to do his own thing, as is Dan. And tbh...that's how solo liveshows have always been. People are always asking about joint videos, about where the other is...the only difference is that now Dan's posted one video this year and there hasn't been any gaming videos.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I came back to scream about Disney. I can’t believe they went to Disney and didn’t post any pictures!
knq
lava lamp

I only tuned in at the end of the liveshow! Did Phil let us know about anything that is coming?
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

knq wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:23 pm I only tuned in at the end of the liveshow! Did Phil let us know about anything that is coming?
Just that he's filming tomorrow. No hints as to what the vid might be about though.