Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil wrote:Beep boop It's a text from Phil!

Hope your cacti is healthy and watered and doing well. If you saw my live show last week you'll have seen that I was losing my voice. Not sure who coughed on me but weirdly it's still not fully back! I'm still going to do a live show around 8 for a bit until it starts giving up on me again. Might start preparing my mime skills just in case.

I had fun last night at Secret Cinema Stranger Things! I was playing the part of a journalist returning to Hawkins, I just posted an instagram pic of my 80's outfit if you wanna go have a look.

In my live show today I want to talk about NOSTALGIA! What makes you the most nostalgic? Hit us all with that nostalgia pain. Try and recreate the emotions! Like the taste of a fresh bouncy ball and biting into it. That was just me? ok

I also filmed my new video this week but it's taking a lil longer than usual to edit! Should be with you either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Hope you're having a spectacular Sunday.

P
AmazingPhil
loveparanoia
tol bean

a little longer to edit ;)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, he's gonna try to get them to change the podcast recording from industry to community track so everyone that wants to can go.
Becky.rigby
living flop

Lovely phil liveshow as always :) so the new video involves him being underwater 🤔 imterestingggg! Still so upset about caroline flack :( i hate the media sometimes, and I'm glad to be honest that Dan isn't uploading if he isn't feeling up to it. I would rather that, then he uploads loads of videos which affect his mental health and then im reading on twitter the next day that he is no longer here. As long as they are both happy then so am I, becaise they seem like genuinely lovely people and it annoys me what they had to go through during the start of their career, having their 'relationship' constantly analysed, with every contact or communication they had. I know they have each other aswell which makes me feel relieved that they are going through it together and not alone.

Sorry had a bit of a ramble, but just feeling very protective at the moment with given news over the people i care about.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:15 pm Aww, he's gonna try to get them to change the podcast recording from industry to community track so everyone that wants to can go.
Unfortunately I don’t think that’ll be possible as community track registration doesn’t start until 3 and his podcast is 2-2:45, but even so I thought it was so lovely that he even thought of it. :love2:

Edit: he might be able to get creator track added so those attendees can go, maybe!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

The live show was fun he seemed really happy he says 6/10 health 8-9/10 happiness, new video clues he had to subtitle some of it and it involves water.
The secret cinema sounds like my idea of hell but I'm glad he had such a great time.
No Norman cam :betta: but we got the shrimps instead there's over 20 and another one's pregnant. We're gonna need a shrimp emjoi at this rate. He showed a photo of his dad's sting ray bite.
The prop glasses didn't look as good to me in the live show as his photo but the chat loved them.
Phil use to love to bite bouncy balls (me to) someone from his YouTube community confessed to sucking bathwater out of a sponge as a child (me to it was strangely good better than bouncy balls) Phil was kinda disgusted.
He seemed a bit uncomfortable talking about the Busy Phillips meeting he said she's a friend of a friend, I think he just didn't want to say he met up with her and her daughter just because she's a celeb.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a nice liveshow. It stirred a memory of sucking a bath sponge, amazing. I remember watching a bit of Arthur here and there, but I didn’t remember that theme song at all. I love this thread name, very clever and timely, good throwback.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Cornelia just posted a picture on Instagram and confirmed secret cinema was a present.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Arthur is still on the air they had a gay wedding last year, it was really great how they dealt with it, the kids find out Mr Ratburn is getting married and they think he's marrying this really bossy woman Patty and think it's going to make Mr Ratburn worse, they set out to sabotage the wedding, in the end it turns out Patty is his sister and he's actually marrying a guy named Patrick, who owns a chocolate shop and the kids are all just really happy because they met him before and he's really nice, there's no big discussion on why he's marrying a man it's just treated like any other wedding and the kids are just happy that he's marrying someone nice. Shows how far kid's shows have come since I was a kid.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

As usual, Cornelia pulled through. :love2: I love this picture so much, I would’ve loved the HQ version of it but oh well..

I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This was a really cute liveshow. Idk if I'm gonna do timestamps again because they didn't get much of a response last time, and itasca already does amazing ones that I use constantly for fic/research references, so here are just some highlights from memory:

- Phil's laugh when someone said he 'aged like fine wine'
- Him just chilling and jamming out to the Arthur theme for the entire duration of the song
- More reflections to study in those glasses
- Totally lying about Busy Philipps being a 'friend of a friend' though I get why, it's just kind of awkward to say a celebrity's kid really wanted to meet you that badly
- The Lester family stories. I'm glad his dad is still around for Phil to tell stories like that about.
- His fan story from the Stranger Things Secret Cinema. I love that for possibly the first time ever Dan and Phil met a fan and it was one of them pulling out a gift for the fan and not the other way around. (Also, that he gifted them a candle - perfect.)
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:45 am This was a really cute liveshow. Idk if I'm gonna do timestamps again because they didn't get much of a response last time, and itasca already does amazing ones that I use constantly for fic/research references, so here are just some highlights from memory:

- Phil's laugh when someone said he 'aged like fine wine'
- Him just chilling and jamming out to the Arthur theme for the entire duration of the song
- More reflections to study in those glasses
- Totally lying about Busy Philipps being a 'friend of a friend' though I get why, it's just kind of awkward to say a celebrity's kid really wanted to meet you that badly
- The Lester family stories. I'm glad his dad is still around for Phil to tell stories like that about.
- His fan story from the Stranger Things Secret Cinema. I love that for possibly the first time ever Dan and Phil met a fan and it was one of them pulling out a gift for the fan and not the other way around. (Also, that he gifted them a candle - perfect.)
I love timestamps so thanks for posting them!

The whole fine wine moment was cute as hell- he seemed equally flattered and confused because he didn't know if aged wine is a good thing or not lmao.
Neons
spork

Yay my thread title :rat:

I had to miss the ls last night, hope it gets uploaded soon. My hour with Phil on a Sunday always sets me up for the week.

Intrigued by the underwater video too.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 pm
He did say in COTY that his messages online had been mixed and confusing 😂
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

o m g. what a FANTASTIC new video!!! seeing phil out and about, being a bit vloggy and doing something new?? i was living for it!!!

gotta do a rewatch asap.
alien
procrastinator

i love his new video so much. he is so funny and charming. he also totally eased my mind about going to a float spa next week for my birthday. if anxiety-brained phil can go and enjoy 3 hours of it I can also enjoy an hour of it lol
noodlebum
flower crown

I loved it! His editing cracked me up, and the things he was coming out with after his little mini sleeps, what a fun idea! Would definitely be up for more 'try new things' videos that take him out of his tiny filming corner. I've liked his last few videos actually :love2:
liola
rankussy

Why was that so good?? The idea terrified me but that was so nice, I loved loved loved his deep soft voice, much more natural because he had to keep it quiet, the randomness of some noises, his text edits made me laugh out loud.

So much naked skin not good for my poor heart but damn.

I hope he does more of these things because that really was so nice to watch
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
wesleywyndcm
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

The most charming part (well... one of them) of the vid for me was when he said it might be pricey, and I was mentally adjusting myself for ridiculous numbers because like, rich people don't understand money, but 55£/hour doesn't seem extravagantly pricey -- it was a nice surprise to see an influencerTM who isn't totally out of touch with stuff like that (in comparison to, I don't know, entertainers who charge hundreds and hundreds for tour tix or M&G's without maybe realising their audience isn't made of money. Not a one-on-one comparison, but still!)

I've really loved his ~vibes~ this year overall so far <3
:lesbianheart: :blackheart: :lesbianheart:
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Wow I wasn’t expecting that at all but I really enjoyed this video! It was kinda relaxing to watch probably bec of his voice. Also his captions were hilarious! It’s exciting that he’s branching out with his videos!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I expected a liveshow upload today (which I need because I missed the first half yesterday due to a poorly timed but desperately needed shower) but a video is much better!

Never thought that the ~underwater video~ would involve Phil floating around in a pod but I'm very glad it did. It was great, and somehow actually felt less claustrophobic than The White Wall. I kinda feared that the video would fall flat as soon as the light was off but the text and editing were brilliant and very funny. Comedic genius Phil strikes again.

Excellent video 10/10. I would love to see more of him experiencing things outside of the apartment and making vloggy style videos out of it. :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I feel like I could quote most of this video, he had such good lines throughout. I was laughing at a lot of it. And I loved seeing him out and about in London.

I tried a sensory deprivation tank a few years ago and hated it -- it just seemed to take forever and I was anxious the whole time -- it's really interesting to me that he was able to relax, fall asleep even, because I did not have that experience at all. The sensation of floating was very unique, I will say -- you did sort of disconnect from your body in an interesting way once you got the hang of it and figured out how to avoid getting salt in your eyes.

I was worried what it said about me that I could not relax and really enjoy the experience and I'm really impressed that he was able to just go with it.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Yeah, he seemed to be instantly relaxed, even, which I admit I was surprised at for someone with such an active mind all the time. I don't know how I'd do with it because I'm awful at relaxing like that; I'm terrible at meditation because after about 5 minutes my brain's like 'check phone? move about? get drink? think about work? think about money? think about twitter? think about food? think about tv show I watched 17 years ago?'. Guided ones are a little better because you have something to focus on - breathing, your body, whatever they're describing - but just me and my thoughts in pure silence seems like it'd either be amazing or terrible. I'm glad he seemed to find it the former!

I do wonder if he ever tried the meditation Dan's mentioned trying a few times and so was able to get into the 'mindset' more quickly? (I find it hard to imagine, but you never know!)

I love these Try New Things videos :)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com