Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A bit late because I'm a very smart person who edits something in the morning and then completely forgets to upload it until late at night. :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
BrothAndBrine
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

I am not a fan of anime, so I can't tell background from background, but might have been Dan playing the piano and Phil watching the anime or they just had it on the background and Phil watched/accompanied Dan play(ing) piano and decided to film the ghost rod for a couple seconds.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

BrothAndBrine wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:46 pm I am not a fan of anime, so I can't tell background from background, but might have been Dan playing the piano and Phil watching the anime or they just had it on the background and Phil watched/accompanied Dan play(ing) piano and decided to film the ghost rod for a couple seconds.
It sounds like pretty typical anime background music to me, but I've never watched that specific anime so I'm not sure.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The stream Dan and Phil are part of is put on by Endemol Shine - I wonder if they approached Dan and Phil because of any existing connecting or if someone else pulled them in? Endemol is the parent company of their old management, before Endemol basically shuttered its whole digital branch and the team left and formed Above the Fray.
liola
rankussy

For anyone wanting some Dan and Phil today PhandomWatch is hosting a fest themed around the Best Of 2014! The first shift just started and there will also be another at 6 and midnight UTC.

You can join here :blackheart:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It's been 2 years since D&P left the flat to go on tour and started Instagram Stories to take us along for the adventure!

In hindsight, 2018 was a magical era and I miss it.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
noodlebum
flower crown

20gayteen really was a good time
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

This is random and not directly related to DnP, but if you are in need of some dumbass chaotic cooking content, please let me recommend the latest video from Damon Dominque:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Thank you so much for posting that. That was truly a delight, even it also was me being stressed for 20 minutes as well. Gordon Ramsey needs to respond to that video, lol.

(Gofundme to get damon a spoon)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil wrote:
HELLO CACTUS COLLECTIVE

Hope you’re all good. I just had a solero so my day has improved exponentially.

I'm doing a live show at 8 and wanted to talk about anything unusual or funny that has happened to you while video-calling in lockdown! Did you try and teach a grandparent and something went wrong? Did your dog knock over the webcam? Let me know!

In other news I’ve almost finished My Hero Academia season 4 so I’m about to enter a period of anime mourning as I run out of episodes. The first part was so great!

If you follow my insta stories you will have also seen that we have now have a ghost that has possessed the curtain pole in the apartment. I swear it is only moving when watching anime? MYSTERIOUS!

Anyway see you later skaters

PH IL
AmazingPhil
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Liveshow thoughts?

We can at least lay to rest the mystery of where liveshows are - the filming flat doesn't have those beige curtains that we got a glimpse of at the start of the liveshow when he reached for the microphone.
kavat
pastel persona

The liveshow went by way too fast today!

I had hoped the livestream on thursday would be joint but no, that thought was too good to be true. Instead we get 10 minutes of them each. Fine. It's fine.

I didn't really get the context of him talking baby names? I must have missed something there? Someone please explain.

And as always, he went on a long tangent about an old anecdote, this time when he was in Faintheart. Seems unlikely we'll ever really know what he's up to until a decade later.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

...soo Phil's been looking up baby names... :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

kavat wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 pm The liveshow went by way too fast today!

I had hoped the livestream on thursday would be joint but no, that thought was too good to be true. Instead we get 10 minutes of them each. Fine. It's fine.

I didn't really get the context of him talking baby names? I must have missed something there? Someone please explain.

And as always, he went on a long tangent about an old anecdote, this time when he was in Faintheart. Seems unlikely we'll ever really know what he's up to until a decade later.
Absolutely unsurprised by the separate livestreams and that's all I'll say on that.

The baby names thing was really random! Is he thinking of pet names, a dog perhaps??
And I'm terrible at trying to remember how that apartment is laid out- is there a spare bedroom in the living flat?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

CapriciousCrab wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm
kavat wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 pm The liveshow went by way too fast today!

Absolutely unsurprised by the separate livestreams and that's all I'll say on that.

The baby names thing was really random! Is he thinking of pet names, a dog perhaps??
And I'm terrible at trying to remember how that apartment is laid out- is there a spare bedroom in the living flat?
Yeah in the viewers pick my outfits video you can see that there's the bedroom that they go into and out of to get dressed, and a door opposite that. That door stays closed but I'm pretty sure it's what they use as an office since Phil has referenced having an office before? (Don't ask me when though I cannot remember.)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That was a lovely liveshow, though it felt rushed at the start. I was tickled he read when I said ‘that was even less subtle’ about him banging the desk as ghost sound effects. He sent me a micro donkey afterwards too. Bit miffed about youtube going ‘these 4! (and others)’ for a 4-hour stream, the vagueness letting everyone hope for hosting maybe an hour each with guests or something, if not them both together, idk. I could tell it wasn’t going to be what people were hoping for, I wasn’t looking forward to people being disappointed, but I thought he’d spell it out in this so that’s good.

That donkey is very cute and I loved all the details about Faintheart. That was a decent casting director, people can be such prigs about lateness as if it’s always in your control. The names were interesting, maybe he just wondered what we thought he’d suit. The ones people chose all seemed good to me, definitely Jasper, maybe Milo or Oliver.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I liked the livestream! I really enjoyed hearing him talk about acting! I also appreciated he answered questions about Thursday, it feels good to know what to expect.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It was a good show, though I don’t *love* Phil’s habit of delivering bad news and then disappearing, lol.

A shame they only get 10 mins on Thursday? That seems awfully stingy when they were touted as the headliners. I’m somewhat unconvinced that YT asked them to do separate bits, but whatever. Very intrigued as to what Dan will be doing (and thought it very strange that Phil had no idea; do they not talk about ideas and things any more?) - maybe a part 2 to his why he didn’t run a marathon bit from vidcon last year, heh. Obv disappointing they couldn’t do a bit together after all this time but oh well. It’ll be nice to see Dan again too; twice in 1 month, even, and I’m looking forward to seeing what Phil’s plan is for the show.

I’ll be so sad without Phil’s cactus crew messages and liveshows to look forward to, especially at times like this. He’s even pulled back from social media too (though not *quite* to the same extent as Dan), so I hope he’s doing ok. The last break was 9 months so let’s hope this one isn’t that long. I guess he’ll still be making videos, though. I hope he ends up with a new format he enjoys doing more.

I also hope May doesn’t end up as deathly quiet as I feel like it’s going to be. :tumbleweed:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

tbh I had no expectations of them doing the livestream thing together, even though my heart definitely hoped for it. Always keeping those expectations low. tbh 10 minutes each is barely worth the effort considering there's 4 hours to suffer through and knowing our luck they'll be right at the end (or worse, one at the start and one at the end). We'll see how bored I am when the day comes I suppose. :shrug:

Phil's liveshow was nice. I agree it seemed a bit rushed at the start, but I really enjoyed him talking about getting the part on Faintheart and stuff. I do admire Phil for forcing himself out of his comfort zone like that back then in order to take opportunities like that movie, The Weakest Link and the Confused . com adverts. Not bad for a guy who sometimes makes me anxious just by looking at him :love2:

Anyway not to become the throwback girl but I decided (because I like to hurt myself apparently) that every day I'm gonna watch the Instagram Stories that DnP posted on exactly that day in 2018. No skipping ahead in the playlist allowed! Just one fun thing to see every day (provided that they posted that day but 2018 was a gooooooood year for that).

So 2 years ago they saw their set for the first time, asked for music recs for the pre-show playlist and omg look how cute they are with the dog filter.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 am tbh I had no expectations of them doing the livestream thing together, even though my heart definitely hoped for it. Always keeping those expectations low. tbh 10 minutes each is barely worth the effort considering there's 4 hours to suffer through and knowing our luck they'll be right at the end (or worse, one at the start and one at the end). We'll see how bored I am when the day comes I suppose. :shrug:
I feel sure that's the tactic. If they were on together people would only watch that then leave. If they never announce exactly when one of them is coming up (or only announce just beforehand) and then once one has aired do the same for the other they keep the viewers hanging on.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

They could have put them both on at the end, then, and not told people when it was, a tactic I’ve been subjected to many *many* times and even though you know it’s gonna be at the end you can’t just leave and come back later because WHAT IF??

...Sorry, lol. I dunno, I guess we’ll never know for sure.

Can’t believe we’re now hitting all the 2-year milestones of II. Combined with vidcon Mexico not happening, it makes my heart hurt.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
hello9217
flower crown

Even though I have definitely learned to keep my expectations low with these two I still had a slight hope since vidcon mexico was set to be at that same time and they were supposed to do a joint qna. I just thought this livestream could be a way to make up for it. Although I do have my doubts that they weren’t asked to do this separately, because let’s be honest, a joint show would gather FAR more attention than two separate ones. It’s just disappointing at the end of the day. I just wish that dnp could realize that a joint anything of them such as a picture, a tweet, an anecdote, would literally make so many people’s days. Also I feel like we will just hear the same old recycled stories that phil has said in his liveshows and that dan said in his.
liola
rankussy

I 100% expected them to be separated so I wasn't disappointed, this is the new normal of them not existing in the same space online so :shrugs: I'm more annoyed by the 10 minute slot to be honest, that is such a short time when it seemed like there weren't going to be THAT many creators and celebrities. I'm glad and honestly surprised Phil acknowledged the Dan/joint question at all actually, I was expecting him to ignore it completely so kudos to him for that, I guess?

The liveshow was cute, I'm going to miss him every Sunday, I hope this is an instance where he will actually come back and not just a hiatus that goes on forever. I do have hope though, cause. I think he did enjoy them with a structure, and he invested time and effort in the setup so i hope he just comes back to it (hopefully on another platform, but younow throws too much money at him for me to really expect it)

I'll take this youtube livestream though, and i'll have Jessica as well so that's already 30 minutes out of 4 hours filled
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Honestly I doubt we'll really get much out of two 10 minute slot as opposed to a joint 20 minute slot. I will probably just watch it on replay when timestamps are posted.