Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

That video cheered me up so much! Phil always makes me laugh and I love all the little anecdotes and reviews! Can’t believe he included that jock strap search tho lmaooo
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Two Phil videos in less that a week? I am well and truly shaken by this overwhelming amount of content.

My thoughts throughout the vid:
-I was thinking the other day about whether they were having problems with pigeon poo on the balcony, and seems like they are, makes sense and definitely annoying.
-Also having fruit fly problems. Love summer.
-Jesus a modified furby by Phil would be a hilarious video but I think would also scar me for life so it's probably good he decided against it. I don't need more tattletale vibes in my life.
-Philly getting that good spon! Makes me wonder if that's also why the video is under 10 minuties...
-Tornado anxiety dreams. Same.
-The voice memo to PJ :happytears: and their little singing ;_;
-I'm astonished Phil didn't know wikifeet existed before January? Seems like something at least Dan would know existed. Also makes the all the foot zooms from Dan in the last video even funnier.
-Seeing someone cute looking good in an outfit and trying something similar only for it to look horrid on you, a big mood.
-I was literally asking myself the jockstrap question today?? (Look I was just looking at some queer art and the question popped into my head) but Phil didn't say the answer so now I'm going to have to go google it myself. Thanks Phil.
-Having ambiance music for you're board game nights... very much the nerdiest thing ever I love it.
-Phil acting like corona is why he's watching trash on netflix... Phil that's nothing new and we all know it
-Dan as the first video on Phil's explore page lmao
-That tiktok video of the lady with the wine glasses I'm crying. :lol:

In conclusion, while these vids are always kind of short and not necessarily like in-depth ~content~ I still do enjoy them and it made me smile and relate a lot.

And, since it's good fun here's a few gems from my recent search history:
-asco red hat 2 instructions
-waking up soft eyes
-subtractive vs additive color
-green screen test video i'm on a boat
-gleis wörterbuch
-butter spill in oven
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I haven't made timestamps in forever so i'm a little rusty, but enjoy!

00:00 Lava lamp penis joke right off the bat. Zero fucks given.
00:03 37 degrees, jesus christ on a boat. How is he alive.
00:07 Phil is gas. Not gassy.
00:23 All of the interwebs!
00:39 First google search: "immortal jellyfish", august 7th. Apparently there is an immortal jellyfish?! Why are sea creatures so strange?
00:58 August 1 "fruit fly up nose". It's okay, we've all accidentally inhaled fruit flies (please tell me it's a common thing)
01:09 march 13 "modified furby" any thursday fans in the house? No?
01:19 february 23 "cloud buster sword" Perfect spon segway
01:36 Final fantasy spon! He looks so excited! How exited is opheliola?!
02.55 march 15 "can my fish catch coronavirus" feat norman mask
03:04 may 20 "tornado", "tornado dream", "tornado dreams", "scary tornado dream" sounds horrifying. It means worry, anxiety, spinning out of control. Red tornado represents passion, so look out for horny tornados. Not sure it's the tornado's that are horny but okay.
03:28 august 4 "all mariokart music" he had a song stuck in his head so he sent PJ a voicemail
03:42 dan and phil sing a little song together and i just about melted. It's KK Slider.
04:08 july 30 "Kiwi liquorice review" (lickwish) who reviews liqourice? is that a thing? sounds delish either way.
04:26 january 27 "amazingphil feet rating" a "friend" told him about wikifeet. I do not believe he didn't know about wikifeet before. He scores 4.85/5, nice.
04:50 april 13 "upper right back organ pain" a very 30's google i gotta say. It turned out to be a pulled muscle.
05:03 october 12 "brown sweater" a guy looked cute in a brown sweater and phil wanted to look cute too but it didn't work :(
05:22 october 22 "who looks good in brown??" a lot of people do, Phil. Maybe you're just more of a spring than an autumn.
05:36 july 14 "How to catch a pigeon" pigeon video spon!
05:45 february 1 "why does a jockstrap have a bare but" and he just... leaves that without context. Okay then.
06:03 Youtube watch history. All of his own videos.
06:07 TomSka's new sketch Let me in, it's funny
06:09 A ton of fish videos for Norman. I love Phil. Oh, and a little Norman Cam!
06:22 Looney Tunes, Box Trap, Charlieissocoollike's show announcement and Heat death for ~Ambiance~
06:32 My google search history 2, BDG and a very sad elevator that sounds like that awful chicken toy
06:41 Netflix. First recommendation is Selling Sunset.
06:57 Continue watching: Floor is lava, Instant hotel, Ozark. Below is a recommendation for the category Chosen family, cute!
07.08 Devilman crybaby, Sex education and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
07:13 Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I can see them drinking white wine and getting very invested in the drama.
07:23 Instagram. You used to be able to see your likes but not any more it seems. Instead we get his explore page.
07.28 Dan explicitly licking a minion ice cream, Dan's latest selfie, some makeup. Phil being compared to drinks. Some hot guys, a game show.
07:40 Dog videos always leads to Markiplier for some reason.
07.50 Candles being crushed. Can the italians here confirm that this is how spaghetti is made?
08:02 Tiktok. You can see your likes on tiktok, but he shows his For you page.
08:06 A lady living her best life doing wine glass boob music
08:17 Marshmallow being squeezed though a garlic press
08:23 Seagull thief. He needs to be on tiktok more to get the good stuff (frogs. frog tiktok is the best tiktok.)
noodlebum
flower crown

Poor Phil with the brown turtleneck - I think Phil is a 'winter' like me, orange/yellow/browns are not our friends haha. Haven't decided which season I think Dan is :hmmm:

Cute video, their singing the little tune to PJ on the phone, bless :love1:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So it’s always a good idea to have zero expectations with dnp but not only have we gotten a lot of dan recently but we’ve gotten a lot of “dan and phil” recently and I’m finding that interesting. Are they boiling a frog or are they bored?
liola
rankussy

I just want y'all to know that I consider Phil getting a Square Enix spon absolutely Lia rights. And I also find it HILARIOUS because Square doesn't do a lot of sponsors to begin with and it's usually gamers with lots of following and I'm just dying thinking who had to approve this video and prob just shrugged at the jockstrap moment - which was incredible.

Cute simple video that I really wasn't expecting so soon feat a spon from my fave Game Producer and Final Fantasy 7 nostalgia? Sign me UP
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
snoopysadie

don't mean to distract from the video, just wanna throw it in real quick because the day is ending for me and i'm a big sap but,
according to my phone calendar (yes, i have no life), today it's 9 years since dnp moved into the manchester apartment and i think it's a beautiful thing to remember 3 flats later maybe four
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
starwatersong
phabergé

Did the wikifeet’s knowledge come before or after Dan’s zooms? Perhaps a goal to improve the rating...? 🤔
glitterintheair
phillluminati

starwatersong wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:03 am Did the wikifeet’s knowledge come before or after Dan’s zooms? Perhaps a goal to improve the rating...? 🤔
He searched for the wikifeet thing in January, so you might be onto something there. :sherlock:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm I just want y'all to know that I consider Phil getting a Square Enix spon absolutely Lia rights. And I also find it HILARIOUS because Square doesn't do a lot of sponsors to begin with and it's usually gamers with lots of following and I'm just dying thinking who had to approve this video and prob just shrugged at the jockstrap moment - which was incredible.

Cute simple video that I really wasn't expecting so soon feat a spon from my fave Game Producer and Final Fantasy 7 nostalgia? Sign me UP
Makes you really realize just how many sponsorships they probably turn down.

I often find myself wondering what kind of wild shit they would sell to us if they were less honest people. How many fancy water bottles? Do we think they've been offered a protein powder deal? So many questions.
kavat
pastel persona

Safiya Nygaard made a video a couple of years ago trying products from companies who wanted to sponsor her but she turned down. That would be such a fun concept for Phil!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I put this on tumblr but thought I'd drop it here too, as I found it so interesting ... basically, jacksepticeye took a break from YouTube at the beginning of July, and came back from it yesterday with a long livestream. I caught the end of it, and he was saying some really interesting stuff about his relationship to his audience as a YouTuber, when that sort of relationship goes too far (on both sides), about parasocial relationships, the reality of them and how unhealthy they can be, about happiness as a creator, about interacting with the audience and setting boundaries... common topics on here. He also mentions how difficult it can be to talk about it with the audience because it can upset them, or they get the wrong idea and feel rejected or like he doesn’t care any more, when that isn’t at all the case (sound familiar???). He also said he did miss his audience, despite needing and enjoying the break and the new ‘distance’. It’s just so interesting to hear it all from a big creator’s perspective.

I obviously don't know what goes on in Dan's head, and I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth, but I feel like it's *very* likely that he's felt a lot like this too, hence his break/new "approach". Which admittedly has been a lot more than JSE's 6 weeks haha, but different things work for different people and all that; JSE does mention in the video that it's probably pretty common among YouTubers on that level to feel that way nowadays, and that it isn't talked about much.

The section in question starts at 2:25:36 in case the time stamp doesn't work, and is 15 minutes (until 2:40:34). There's a little bit about community captions in the middle, but stick with it as it continues to be interesting and relevant (you'll know when that part is over as he says he's gonna stop talking about it and rings a bell. lol).
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I watched Jacksepticeye’s vid too and found it really interesting. The only thing is: yeah, he and Dan might have gone through the same path but there’s one big difference: Jacksepticeye actually told his audience that he was gonna take a break, he just didn’t disappear into the void and suddenly came back, hehe.

Since we’re on the topic, I don’t know how many of you still follow Julien Solomita (Jenna Marbles’ bf), but he’s going through a rebrand since Jenna is not coming back for the foreseeable future. He changed the name from the JennaJulien livestream to only Julien, same thing with their podcast. And through all that, he made sure to update his audience about those changes and why it was happening. And he acknowledged the fact the people were gonna be upset about it - because lbr, Jenna and Julien were basically like DnP, but he wanted to be honest and give his and Jenna’s audience some answers. Of course, it broke people’s heart but the honesty and transparency was very appreciated too. Idk, I am of the belief that honesty - even if it can be upsetting- is more rewarding and appreciated in the long run than plain silence.. because eventually people are gonna be upset about that silence too!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Oh yeah totally! I guess I forgot to mention that, though I almost don’t need to by this point, lol. I would *love* to hear these sorts of thoughts from Dan, but that’s just - not his way, it seems. It really makes such a difference to hear it and not have to assume and guess.

Yeah, the J&J thing is *so* interesting; like I said elsewhere, it’d be like if DAPG rebranded to ‘PhilGames’ and Phil had continued it on his own, had he wanted to; some people would still watch and enjoy, others would be furious, others would be sad and leave ... but the honesty and upfrontness, for want of a better word, that julien showed was very much appreciated and from what i saw, the majority of their community were very supportive, and the ones that wanted to leave knew what was happening throughout so they could make that decision. I admire the way they’re handling it a lot; it can’t be easy.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:19 pm Since we’re on the topic, I don’t know how many of you still follow Julien Solomita (Jenna Marbles’ bf), but he’s going through a rebrand since Jenna is not coming back for the foreseeable future. He changed the name from the JennaJulien livestream to only Julien, same thing with their podcast. And through all that, he made sure to update his audience about those changes and why it was happening. And he acknowledged the fact the people were gonna be upset about it - because lbr, Jenna and Julien were basically like DnP, but he wanted to be honest and give his and Jenna’s audience some answers. Of course, it broke people’s heart but the honesty and transparency was very appreciated too. Idk, I am of the belief that honesty - even if it can be upsetting- is more rewarding and appreciated in the long run than plain silence.. because eventually people are gonna be upset about that silence too!
I actually think it would have been 100x more heartbreaking if Dan and Phil had gone the Jenna and Julien route.

Can you imagine if a month after Dan stopped making videos everything just immediately changed to Phil and Phil only with no hint of Dan? I don't think I could have kept on watching PhilGames.

Of the two methods, while I very much appreciate Julien wanting to communicate and I appreciate that the situation he's in is hard, I'm appreciative that Phil just kept on making the same solo content he'd done before and didn't try to turn joint projects into solo projects immediately. Even with baking we had a good year to get used to Dan and Phil doing their own things before we had to see him take a tradition that involved both of them and tackle it himself.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

This is really interesting to read and I might watch Jack’s video, at least that bit, I’ll see how I go. That sounds so lame, I am interested, but have watched a lot less lately. That’s a very good point about DnP doing it the way they did, that would have been a sudden sadness regardless of whether it had been planned or somewhat pushed as Jenna seemed to be.

Just another comparison, a smaller creator, but one who’d been around since early YT days, has recently had a total change and is now ECHOIST (he uses the caps, I don’t mean to shout). He put up a video to end his channel as it was, but with no words or other explanation than a line in the description, but he did tell those who’d been watching him on Twitch for a few months because ‘you’ve been here for me’ ie not just his previous content that he didn’t fully feel anymore. As one who’d been watching his streams, it was great to be told, but of course people just seeing the closing-out video were a mixed bag of confused, concerned, intrigued and excited, etc.
starwatersong
phabergé

:shock:
dontpanic
#relatable

maybe it was better when he was ghosting us
Phantasy
woodland creature

starwatersong wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:08 pm :shock:
Colorful imagery aside, I thought their current place had (at least some) AC? Like wasn’t that one of their big grievances with the old place?
starwatersong
phabergé

And he wonders why we didn’t question Phil’s fake tweets...
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Logging in after a hot minute just to say WHAT is going on in Dan’s mind??
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
snoopysadie

1. I'm happy he is alive and in the mood to tweet and talk to us
2. This is a lot of content I'm starting to think sth might actually happen and i hate this flicker of hope
But
3. If he's gonna tweet that I'd rather he not talk to us
"I remember it, too"
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

With this heatwave, I don’t actually blame him lol. But yeah, I thought they had AC too ... maybe not! You could see the fan going in Phil’s last video, too.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
snoopysadie

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 pm With this heatwave, I don’t actually blame him lol. But yeah, I thought they had AC too ... maybe not! You could see the fan going in Phil’s last video, too.
Maybe its all that packing boxes 👀👀
"I remember it, too"
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I share a lot of similar humor to Dan, I hate that I was like barely even fazed by this, just like... well I mean you could? If you wanted to. Don't know how pleasant it would be but I'm sure it's somebody's kink. :shrug:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart: