Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alien
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

dan is so boring lol

i'm all for whatever this new feature is if it's something they'll actually use.

what is the little box thing at the back of the sofa in phil's picture? is it a speaker? and still using the pixel dnp mug :rainbowtears:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Do we have any bets for when Phil will upload next since he mentioned filming over the weekend in that last members post?

I have no idea what the video will be tbh I think we're all just *eyes emoji* about seeing the background. Which may look exactly the same lol.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 pm Do we have any bets for when Phil will upload next since he mentioned filming over the weekend in that last members post?

I have no idea what the video will be tbh I think we're all just *eyes emoji* about seeing the background. Which may look exactly the same lol.
My guess is that it'll look the same. I think (with absolutely no basis for it, just a theory) that he'll keep filming in the same spot until the new year when he can pull a 'new year, new setup' type of reveal. Plus he/they always take a few weeks between Christmas and coming back so even more time for it not to feel jarring to change.

There may also be issues with trying to get a(nother?) move done with a second lockdown in place, assuming they have stuff of theirs to move out of that flat. I mean we know their old sofa-crease sofa and some other stuff was in that one.

But hey if he wants to prove me wrong...
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

PinkNews just posted a compilation of DAPG moments on their YouTube channel?
:lesbianflag:
kavat
pastel persona

Oookay? I mean sure!

I like that they call Dan out for falling out of his chair :lol:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I fixed their description ;) :lol:

But honestly this is just such a strange thing to post now of all times?? If they'd posted it last year then I might have understood but why now? Not so much late to the party as the invite got lost in the post and the guests showed up 2 years late lmao
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
shan
morning quiff

My Phil merch came this morning and I can’t stop touching the tarot shirt, it’s sooo soft! And even though I’d seen a bunch of pictures of the candle it still managed to be a lot smaller than I expected :lol:

I’m so ready for Phil’s new video, any ideas of what it will be? He hasn’t left any clues this time except maybe bathbombs/Christmas merch drop. Idk if filming on the weekend was significant either?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Okay Phil’s last fleet was definitely from a different location

Or maybe not? Is that the filming flat? Confused rn
inanerat
eclipse shirt

madzilla84 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I fixed their description ;) :lol:
But honestly this is just such a strange thing to post now of all times?? If they'd posted it last year then I might have understood but why now? Not so much late to the party as the invite got lost in the post and the guests showed up 2 years late lmao
I am?? Literally so confused??? What was the point of this video? Why now? Who thought of this idea?? I have so many questions.
First of all, like what even is the theme video supposed to be? It seems like it's more of a '5 reasons to stan/like DNP' cause there's this whole countdown/listing element.... but the title has nothing to do with that and there's no explanation for it? All but the last one is entirely dnpg relates which is... a channel that is obviously not active. And the title is obviously somewhat clickbaity but anyone who knows abt dnp will already know that they're talking about Devan and that the video is 2+ ( :( ) years old, who is this supposed to be for? Also maybe it's just me being a hypocritical gay, but people outside the phandom (especially a queer media channel) encouraging looking into/drawing clickbait attention their 'reactions' to a gay kiss, as well as closeness/expressions of intimacy when they weren't out at the time and people don't have context for that feels... off and icky somehow. Idk exactly how to articulate it but it gives me bad vibes :?

Most of all I am annoyed that anyone would reference the gayness in that video and only talk about Dab and Evan and not Phil's iconic joke/pre coming out of 'I'm more of a sausage in the evening kind of guy' which is one of my favourite dnpg moments for a whole host of reasons, honestly I could make a whole post about it. :lol:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Amiaw wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 pm Okay Phil’s last fleet was definitely from a different location

Pretty sure that’s the filming flat - the black thing is where they put the Muse poster on and behind Phil there’s the glass door that goes into his current filming room
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
shan
morning quiff

glitterintheair wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:02 pm
Amiaw wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 pm Okay Phil’s last fleet was definitely from a different location

Pretty sure that’s the filming flat - the black thing is where they put the Muse poster on and behind Phil there’s the glass door that goes into his current filming room
Has he posted a second one? My twitter doesn't have fleets yet, I'm having so much FOMO right now
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

We're putting them all on featuringphan on twitter - mostly to make embedding here easier but if you wanna follow it you'll be able to see them! (Also ig stores.)
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Thank you to those reposting the tweets and fleets (I only realized that was supposed to be like a 'fleeting tweet' after reading an article about it smh) for those of us that aren't big twitter folks.

That 3rd picture is definitely the corner with the glass wall in the filming flat living room that separates the living room from Phil's white background filming spot/old dinof room. Who knows when that selfie was taken and what it means abt moving.

For any big nerds that are curious, the game they are playing is Wingspan, a board game that they have the physical version of and have posted before, I believe in the picture they are playing it on Tabletop Simulator, assumingly so they can play with friends online. https://www.tabletopsimulator.com/games/wingspan
shan
morning quiff

Since it's been pretty quiet, does anyone want to share some thoughts up on moving hill? Talk about it seems to have really ramped up recently and if I'm honest, I'm not on it. The only thing I've heard that made me think 'maybe' was the weaning Steve off seed comment but that's kind of it. This bums me out though, moving hill seems like a fun place to be! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and theories about why they think it's happening.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

PJ mentioned earlier in the week on one of his streams (it was either Monday or Tuesday, I forget which) that he was about to have a virtual board game night, so maybe it was with him and Sophie. :)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
autumnhearth
senpai

shan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 am Since it's been pretty quiet, does anyone want to share some thoughts up on moving hill? Talk about it seems to have really ramped up recently and if I'm honest, I'm not on it. The only thing I've heard that made me think 'maybe' was the weaning Steve off seed comment but that's kind of it. This bums me out though, moving hill seems like a fun place to be! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and theories about why they think it's happening.
I’m going to put this behind a cut because he feels taboo to talk about
... though of course I won’t share any location specific information, but the reason the moving talk has ramped up and feels more concrete is that the unit they lived in was listed for rent a couple months ago with the availability date being just last week. It’s no longer on the market, it updated with ‘let agreed’ awhile ago. The filming flat has not be seen on the market, which some theorized could be because the landlord already had someone lined up, or it was up so briefly that no one noticed.

But, I’m leaning towards dizzy’s theory that they are keeping it until the new year for filming. While it would have been easy to replicate the setup against any white wall, the thought of an actual background change is exciting. Surely they won’t keep the lease for the use of one wall, in one room, of a flat they don’t live in with terrible acoustics. (Yes I know Phil uses the kitchen area to film as well, let me have this hyperbole).
But ya know considering Phil is a permanent apartment fixture... perhaps he gets to stay in both flats rent free while other people try to live their lives around him. I just feel bad for Dan being alone in the forever home, at night, in the dark.... He must be terrified.

:ghost: :foreverhome:
alien
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm
shan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 am Since it's been pretty quiet, does anyone want to share some thoughts up on moving hill? Talk about it seems to have really ramped up recently and if I'm honest, I'm not on it. The only thing I've heard that made me think 'maybe' was the weaning Steve off seed comment but that's kind of it. This bums me out though, moving hill seems like a fun place to be! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and theories about why they think it's happening.
I’m going to put this behind a cut because he feels taboo to talk about
... though of course I won’t share any location specific information, but the reason the moving talk has ramped up and feels more concrete is that the unit they lived in was listed for rent a couple months ago with the availability date being just last week. It’s no longer on the market, it updated with ‘let agreed’ awhile ago. The filming flat has not be seen on the market, which some theorized could be because the landlord already had someone lined up, or it was up so briefly that no one noticed.

But, I’m leaning towards dizzy’s theory that they are keeping it until the new year for filming. While it would have been easy to replicate the setup against any white wall, the thought of an actual background change is exciting. Surely they won’t keep the lease for the use of one wall, in one room, of a flat they don’t live in with terrible acoustics. (Yes I know Phil uses the kitchen area to film as well, let me have this hyperbole).
But ya know considering Phil is a permanent apartment fixture... perhaps he gets to stay in both flats rent free while other people try to live their lives around him. I just feel bad for Dan being alone in the forever home, at night, in the dark.... He must be terrified.

:ghost: :foreverhome:
this is such a funny image thank you so much for putting that in my brain lol
liola
rankussy

I feel like we've been waiting for Phil's video for weeks now. Or months. Maybe it was just hours? Is time even real does anyone know *screams*

I have other emotional support creators but Phil's face.. miss it like I miss inhaling air through my nostrils without a face mask :faint:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm I feel like we've been waiting for Phil's video for weeks now. Or months. Maybe it was just hours? Is time even real does anyone know *screams*

I have other emotional support creators but Phil's face.. miss it like I miss inhaling air through my nostrils without a face mask :faint:
I wonder if he didn't end up recording it this weekend, and maybe his fleet yesterday was him at the filming flat for that reason?

Same though. I miss Phil. :(
inanerat
eclipse shirt

I was sad about Phil not uploading today and desperately in need of seritonin when my brain served me up a memory of this video. Since it's p quiet around here I thought I'd share.

Dan wearing a meme shirt while taking a swig of milk directly from the jug while flipping off the camera and then dropping his shoulders and breaking into the most loving smile is fantastic. We love to see it.
kavat
pastel persona

Sooo... Phil video tonight? Please? I'm parched over here. :please:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I'm not too invested in knowing much about them moving, but I have been thinking about what their criteria might be for living in a new place. Like, do they want to live long-term in a more urban part of London close to stores and restaurants and that whole city vibe, or would they want to live in a quieter more residential location with more green space? I'm just interested in how their priorities about what they want in a home have changed as they've gotten older.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

PHIWWW :prideheart2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay yes Phil I am appeased I enjoyed that very much
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Oh my goodness I'm only halfway through the video but I had to take a break to stop my heart from exploding. Loved the first awkward stories from the closet, love this one at least as much if not more.