Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
shan
morning quiff

inanerat wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:01 pm
shan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:47 pm Yes to Seth vid too please, I missed the live show as well and I could really use a dose of Phil.

Also, you guys seem really good at finding videos from vague descriptions so maybe you can help me find a clip I'm starting to think I made up in my head?

It's Dan in what I assume was the bedroom of the filming flat standing in front of a white (?) shelving unit or cabinet and I think it had one of the BONCAS awards on it. I don't know if it was from a live show, insta story etc. but I remembered it a couple of months ago and have had zero luck finding it.
No exact video clip or picture comes to mind but I'm pretty sure the shelf was the boardgame one in the corner of the living flat living room? It was a tall white shelf with most of their awards sitting on top. I can't think of any white shelves in the filming flat. Hopefully that helps, maybe someone else has better memory than I. Do you remember what year/time it might have been from??
It was a much smaller shelf than the living room one. I also think it may have had a glass door? I'm pretty sure the BONCAs award was the only award on it and Dan's wooden box was in the cabinet too. I really am starting to think this was a strangely vivid random dream I had if no one else has any memory of it :lol:

On the topic of Stereo, I loved the video with Seth! He's such a cutie pie and it was really nice seeing Phil chat with someone completely new. I ended up listening in to the second half of today's ep with PJ and it seems like most of the issues from the first show have been sorted out so it was a much more pleasant experience. Phil seems to be getting more comfy with the role of host there too but there were still a couple of moments I wish he'd let his guests talk a bit more. I can definitely feel my need for a Phil podcast rising...
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

scientia wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:37 pm I had a feeling PJ might be a guest! And I’m like 95% sure the other guest will not be Dan...maybe Tyler? (secretly hoping the universe proves me wrong)
I was predicting Tyler too! But his new video is announcing a social media break so I can't imagine it would be... 2 guests remaining, but who will thy be?
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A miracle occurred and the Stereo app actually worked for me this time! I really liked hearing Phil and PJ together, they always have such nice chemistry. I'm gonna save the video with Seth for tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it.

In other news, the :sparkle: instagram story fairy :sparkle: has brought us some more Phil.
Cock run. Stay classy Phil.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I'm only part of the way through the Seth & Phil show but it's so nice! Obviously I've missed Dan because he's Dan, but I think a lot of it is also I've missed seeing Phil interact with other humans. It feels quite genuine and nice, even if there is a clear agenda and Phil isn't as relaxed as maybe he could be. A lovely way to unwind after a stressful day at work.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

After watching the video with Seth, I think I actually liked the one with Louise more! Looking forward to watching the one with PJ, I hope it’s feels a little less planned out
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I didn’t have a chance to comment on the content earlier but even cut down to 23 minutes I still enjoyed Phil’s conversation with Seth. They’re both surprisingly sweet in the video and I’d like to see more of them working together or even just more of their friendship.
Btw anyone see John’s comment on the video? He gave his stamp of approval to Pheth as he should lol

Phil and PJ was fun. They work so well together and PJ just rolls with every weird thing Phil says and doesn’t get fazed at all. I really missed them together and really felt for Phil when he said he missed PJ so much he could cry

Can’t wait for more and surprising to say but I’m actually enjoying the stereo content more than the videos these days. I think if Phil does his best when he’s working with other people
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:45 pm I didn’t have a chance to comment on the content earlier but even cut down to 23 minutes I still enjoyed Phil’s conversation with Seth. They’re both surprisingly sweet in the video and I’d like to see more of them working together or even just more of their friendship.
Btw anyone see John’s comment on the video? He gave his stamp of approval to Pheth as he should lol

Phil and PJ was fun. They work so well together and PJ just rolls with every weird thing Phil says and doesn’t get fazed at all. I really missed them together and really felt for Phil when he said he missed PJ so much he could cry

Can’t wait for more and surprising to say but I’m actually enjoying the stereo content more than the videos these days. I think if Phil does his best when he’s working with other people
Yeah I kind of forgot how good his collabs with other people can be, especially when he has the control of choosing who he's collabing with and has the home field advantage. His convo with PJ really was hilarious. I did have that yearning to get an unfiltered convo from them - Phil is dead set on keeping these topics surface level only. Which, I get, and it's not Phil's fault I want something he absolutely never advertised he was doing, but the comfort with PJ just made me crave listening to them bounce off of each other in a fly on the wall kind of way. The moment where Phil talked about missing PJ really felt like a note of that and it definitely made me feel some soft emotional things.

Side note, I joked to Rizzo yesterday that because Phil is so dead set on never covering anything past 2009 the theme of the show would probably be 'lets talk about the year we met and nothing past that' and I cracked up when he literally started the show with talking about how long they've known each other and when they met.
helvetica
sofa crease

Seth’s cat is literally the cutest cat I have seen in my entire life. I would die for him in a heartbeat. Seth makes him look tiny but now that I think about how giant Seth is, it might actually be a normal sized cat haha.

It was fun watching Seth and Phil! Their chemistry was really fun and fresh, a good sandwich between two of Phil’s longest currently established YouTuber friends. Tbh I feel like Phil is the kind of person to be surface level fun most of the time even in real life, which is why he’s extra like that in front of the audience. I have just watched the YT videos for now, but I am tempted to listen to the full PJ stereo now...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

a lil spot of encouragement from danny snot
kavat
pastel persona

helvetica wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:24 pm Seth’s cat is literally the cutest cat I have seen in my entire life. I would die for him in a heartbeat. Seth makes him look tiny but now that I think about how giant Seth is, it might actually be a normal sized cat haha.
I am 100% taking this as an excuse to post a cute cat picture

He got Ron only a couple of months ago so he is pretty much still a kitten! Also Phil commented a teary eyed emoji which is very much a mood.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ron Everman is my favorite cat... and I own a cat.

I truly feel like there's no better pet for Seth tbh and when COVID is over, Dan and Phil better go hang out with Ron.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Speaking of Seth: full Stereo live is up on the IDB youtube channel now!

Annnnnnd.......... timestamps!

:32 - Seth promised Phil a sign of the cats.
1:38 - Seth sent Phil a DM about his giant houseplant. Phil argues that he's known for killing houseplants, but Seth says Phil is the only person he knows with an interest in houseplants.
2:00 - Seth's friends are manly dudebros who are into sports.
3:00 - Starts an awkwardly long period of silence where Seth is waiting for Phil to come back.
4:25 - "Phil's coming back. He's trying."
4:35 - Phil is back!
4:50 - Phil has been practicing the perfect Seth eyebrows.
5:13 - Listener audio message: "get a cat get a cat get a cat get a cat"
5:32 - Seth is team Phil get a cat.
5:40 - Seth is very pro-cat. "Cats are better. Period." But he does want both dogs and cats.
6:22 - Phil is wearing his coolest outfit because he wanted to impress Seth during their pre-chat earlier.
6:39 - Seth tells Phil that he (Phil) looks really handsome.
6:58 - Seth couch story.
8:07 - Listener audio message: "get a dog get a dog get a dog" - Phil would rather get a dog, but it's a big responsibility and he's just getting used to looking after a fish.
8:45 - Julmust taste test.
10:13 - Phil introduces the 'festive traditions' topic.
12:00 - Phil's log friend story.
14:00 - Phil mentions being an uncle/Seth congratulates him.
14:50 - Seth talking about straw goats.
16:12 - Smorgasbord.
17:26 - Phil starts his Swedish food trying.
21:46 - Seth talks about a Swedish tradition; at 3 pm every Christmas on the government run channel there's a compilation of Disney clips that they call 'Donald Duck' and everyone in the country watches it.
23:15 - Phil talks about how his grandma made his dad wait until the Queen had spoken to open a Christmas present.
25:47 - Seth has invited Phil to his house. Phil has not been.
26:43 - Seth lives in a place with one post office/store and a pizza place so he loves pizza.
27:24 - Phil tries pickled herring. Hilarity ensues.
31:07 - Seth talking about when Santa comes in Sweden.
32:19 - Phil says he and Seth have bonded over The X-Files, and they talk about the monoliths.
33:10 - Phil introduces the advice section. One of them will give the worst advice and one will give good advice. Phil stresses that people should send in quick and funny situations.
34:18 - Seth tells the story of going to both of Dan and Phil's shows, and him ignoring Dan and Phil.
37:37 - Phil disconnect from the call again. Seth takes over and briefly hosts The Seth Everman Podcast.
41:10 - Phil introduces the 'Phil in the Blanks' section. First topic is Seth's choice: video game related stuff for Christmas.
43:41 - Talking about Seth's record breaking youtube comment.
44:50 - Listener topic for discussion: gnomes.
45:37 - Blu-tack, pink-tack, or white tack.
46:19 - Brussel sprouts: yes or no.
46:53 - Worst Christmas present you've ever received: Phil brings up the drill again.
48:08 - Best Christmas dessert.
50:00 - Beard/stubble talk.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m nosy so I want to know if Seth invited dnp over after ii or if he invited dnp when they were dm’ing about the houseplant. Like did Seth just pick the most basic topic to become friends with them because if so, well played
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

just thinking about how deppy probably also got a box of homemade mince pies from Kath like the one from Cornelia's story :happytears:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 pm just thinking about how deppy probably also got a box of homemade mince pies from Kath like the one from Cornelia's story :happytears:
That makes me really happy but also really sad because it seems to solidify that Kath and Nigel aren't going to be visiting London for Christmas (which makes perfect sense) and if I'm not mistaken travel into IoM is pretty well restricted so it's not likely Phil will get to see them. He's far from the only person in the world sacrificing like that, and I'm glad he is, but still - gotta be really bittersweet to get a package like that.
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 am
inanerat wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 pm just thinking about how deppy probably also got a box of homemade mince pies from Kath like the one from Cornelia's story :happytears:
That makes me really happy but also really sad because it seems to solidify that Kath and Nigel aren't going to be visiting London for Christmas (which makes perfect sense) and if I'm not mistaken travel into IoM is pretty well restricted so it's not likely Phil will get to see them. He's far from the only person in the world sacrificing like that, and I'm glad he is, but still - gotta be really bittersweet to get a package like that.
Doubt Dan is eager to rush home (and Adrian was just boasting about gaining resident status in Portugal, so he’s away too). So just a cozy Christmas together in the gaming flat (is this their 1st one together on the day :blush:)?
:festivedeppy:
laurenbacall
delia smith

is anyone else able to judge what kind of mental state they are in based on their dnp viewing habits? i've recently started rewatching the gaming series from the beginning (for the eleven-hundredth time), so i know that i'm having a hard time and that i am in need of comfort and safety.
kavat
pastel persona

laurenbacall wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:25 pm is anyone else able to judge what kind of mental state they are in based on their dnp viewing habits? i've recently started rewatching the gaming series from the beginning (for the eleven-hundredth time), so i know that i'm having a hard time and that i am in need of comfort and safety.
Oh yeah. Golf with friends are my comfort videos. I've probably watched them more than any other dnp videos. The mukbang is up there as well.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so ready for Phil to upload the PJ show.

And also for the outfits video.

And also to find out who the next guest is.

Considering the last one will probably be after Christmas, my suspicion that it's Dan is actually rising. I was trying to be very cautious in my optimism... but idkkk man. Capping off the year with a stream that also has Dan maybe talking in a light hearted, surface way about life over the past two years. Okay, okay. Lowering my expectations again.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:51 pm I'm so ready for Phil to upload the PJ show.

And also for the outfits video.

And also to find out who the next guest is.

Considering the last one will probably be after Christmas, my suspicion that it's Dan is actually rising. I was trying to be very cautious in my optimism... but idkkk man. Capping off the year with a stream that also has Dan maybe talking in a light hearted, surface way about life over the past two years. Okay, okay. Lowering my expectations again.
a thought: outfits video with dan that ends with the promo/announcement that dan will be in the final episode of stereo.

yes? yes. good.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

God, I hope you're right, but I'm not as optimistic... I wondered if the last show might have 2 guests, because he said there'd be 5 guests, not 5 shows ... maybe Will and Arden? But I guess we'll find out depending on whether next week's show has one guest or two. If it's one, I might be persuaded to clown again ... just a little. You're right, it really would be the perfect way to end the year, such a good time for it and it's been *so* long, but ... I just can't see it happening. Which is a shame; it's all *I* want for Christmas.

@rizzo from your mouth (keyboard) to god (phil)'s ears!! that would be incredible!

But, despite that, there *is* still the VPMO2 vid coming and ... however much of their personal adventures they decide to share with us (which I'd normally assume would be nothing, if Dan hadn't Said That). :ravetree: :festivedeppy:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

No ideas on who the last guests will be but since Phil currently doesn’t know who Dan is I’m not super optimistic he’ll be a guest. The odds are slightly better we’ll hear his voice in vpmo2 but that’s as optimistic as I’m feeling at the moment
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I am also really looking forward to VPMO2, as it is a video I have gone on about wanting for a while. I do wonder how they're going to handle it with the moving situation though? Like as it seems they're still at the filming flat, and while doing it there would make it a nice second part to the first one by being in the same place it's going to be obvious something's up with the light grey couches in there. I feel like they would have 2 options: either to fully acknowledge moving which seems like something they wouldn't totally do until they're fully moved to a new place or be like 'oh yea we're just moving some things around between lounges for the hell of it lol' which is obviously suspicious as hell, even to a more casual yt viewer, and I feel like would draw more suspicion/attention to the two flats thing, which I have assumed they would never acknowledge and just let die with the move. So idk.

In other things, I went back and watched this video which has been on my mind ever since both Cornelia and Martyn's announcement and the liveshow with Louise.

I'm generally really not a baby or kids person, but goddamn does this make me smile, it is literally so sweet. They are both so good with the baby and Dan is so present and emotive and fun with her it's just like,, amazing and adorable to me.
There's a part towards the end of the baby segment after Dan passes over to Phil where Phil is holding her and Dan is playing with her/ letting her hold his finger and Louise goes 'aww I feel a bit emotional actually' and I'm like fucking same, Louise, same.
I feel like they're going to be super sweet uncles and if they decide to later, amazing dads and thinking about that just has me like :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
gnostic
stress mushroom

Very off topic to current discussion (although I'm pumped for VPMO2), I just received my order thst includes Phil's save the ocean charity socks for removal of plastic from the ocean.

... Which come wrapped in plastic. Really? Lol
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

gnostic wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:41 pm Very off topic to current discussion (although I'm pumped for VPMO2), I just received my order thst includes Phil's save the ocean charity socks for removal of plastic from the ocean.

... Which come wrapped in plastic. Really? Lol
.... oh no. cmonnnn guys.