Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Loved the video so much! It really lifted my mood :)
Also I think the dark academia look worked so well!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:04 pm Does anyone else get the sense that Phil is like... a little different in this? Like - a little more open? There's growth?
He was so much more confident this time and not only that but he had a calmer vibe than normal. He seems really content and it makes me so happy
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

Phil is so attractive in the serious outfit he put on, even the 2 jackets he said he didn't like looked so good he trully doesn't like fashion and it's clear it's not his style but it might grown on him, he seemed to hate the shoes at first then starting to actually like them ?

So sad the maid outfit isn't the good one but one made for someone with boobs and very poorly made and also sad this is probably the last joint content for a long time. They really need to bring back their iconic duo it's getting ridiculous to act like they weren't a double act for so many years

Also, is it just me or they seemed to actually unironically like the cat accesories ? Not complaining or anything i just noticed it
Phantasy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:55 pm Just an observation, but I do wonder if Dan really ever calls Phil “bro” in real life or if he was just amping it up for the laughs—I’m not expecting him to call him honey or some cute pet name all of a sudden, but bro seems like a slight overcorrection.
I would not mind at all if Dan always called Phil bro honestly it's hilarious and very cute for a gay couple and i acutally believe they do it
casualsun
delia smith

That video warmed my soul. It was like stepping back in time to 2018 in terms of the type of content, but with a Dan and Phil who have both done a lot of personal growth. Phil seemed a lot more confident in himself and his style, and also more comfortable trying new things. And it was so nice to hear them talking to eachother. The Christmas present I didn’t know I needed.
firsttimeposter
living flop

Loved the video so so much. Miss dan like hell. They both seem at such an ease w each other, in 2018 i always felt like their joint videos had a .. strain in them, they constantly seemed just a little annoyed at each other - but this video had NONE of that. They seemed so happy, so contend, and phil!!!! Was sooo confident lmao, especially compared to vpmo1 - seems like he had even practiced some poses before making the video haha.
One of my favorite moments was when phil checked himself out properly and dan just Laughed so fondly. I’ve missed that.

Just to briefly touch upon the drama happening on twitter... [Hide=] I truly think it’s the most ridiculous thing. I definitely get why people might want acknowledgment from dnp concerning earlier offensive stuff, but to go even half as far as they have? Idek, it seems like a lot of people constructed a reality in which dnp apologizing would make everything better - to me, the fact that dnp constantly show that their actions have changed and that they are genuinely good people is enough. I truly don’t see what an apology would be, other than dnp stating ‘we’ve changed’, which we already know. A ‘thread’ of problematic stuff they’ve said has been made, and it does emphasize on how weird this situation is - people saying that dan ‘forced to girls to make out for a video thumbnail’ when all he did was.. make a joke w two of his friends saying ‘hey kiss it’ll get views’ or whatever. As a gay woman i truly can’t see anything offensive to do w that.

I feel like a lot of especially younger people are freaking themselves out, saying they’re becoming anxious from all of this happening, but then they continue to comment it on all of dnp’s social media sites. I’m sure they’ve seen it by now. Idk, it’s a bit of a bizarre situation.[/Hide]
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

SOOOO are we here for discourse about how it very much appears they've moved into the filming flat? There was a Lot more stuff in that flat.
Phantasy
woodland creature

plinthofmylife wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:06 am SOOOO are we here for discourse about how it very much appears they've moved into the filming flat? There was a Lot more stuff in that flat.
Yeah, if there were any doubts, this confirms it. Presumably it will only be for a short while, but I love how cozy they made things for the meantime.
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

plinthofmylife wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:06 am SOOOO are we here for discourse about how it very much appears they've moved into the filming flat? There was a Lot more stuff in that flat.
Maybe they never bought a house and this is actually were they moved and are gonna stay for a long time ? Because it also seem they decorated it a lot ?! I don't know what to think honestly
shan
morning quiff

Unless they're getting rid of those couches and a lot of other furniture, I think the filming flat is now the intermediate living flat until forever home is ready. I almost expected some kind of comment on it at the end of the video tbh since it was so obvious all the furniture had been changed. If I'm keeping some hope of a Dan PnP, I feel like it would be something brought up then? I'm so impatient, I just want to know what's going on :lol:
alien
procrastinator

i can't explain why them living in the filming flat is honestly so hilarious. they don't owe fans any explanation when it comes to their living arrangements but it's so fkn funny that they've moved their furniture into "another part of the apartment" without any comment on it lmao. i live for it.

and yeah everything about this video was great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 am
Yeah, if there were any doubts, this confirms it. Presumably it will only be for a short while, but I love how cozy they made things for the meantime.
I don't actually think they're living there. I think it was pretty easy to move some stuff in there temporarily for decor purposes for filming since they were just moving from somewhere else in the same building. The furniture isn't theirs, it belongs to the apartment. Phil's said many times about how it was rented and he didn't want to stain it.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

See, I would argue that they just moved a bunch of shit they don't want to have in their Forever Home into the filming flat just to sort of "dress it up" more and keep it as a filming space/storage facility for the foreseeable future.

And they're probably already living in their new home, which is decorated to perfection, half with their more important belongings and half brand new shit they probably agreed on with a professional designer.

:shrug:
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:31 am
Phantasy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 am
I don't actually think they're living there. I think it was pretty easy to move some stuff in there temporarily for decor purposes for filming since they were just moving from somewhere else in the same building. The furniture isn't theirs, it belongs to the apartment. Phil's said many times about how it was rented and he didn't want to stain it.
But if it belongs to the old flat why was it moved to another one ? I don't know how renting works and stuff so sorry but do landlords just say "yeah take the couch in there and move it in that aparment it's fine" ? Maybe they get away with it because they rent for a lot of money i guess
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Ok strap yourselves in lads here are my thoughts/observations and timestamps
[0:06] Something about this intro felt kind of awkward in a show kind of way? idk something about it threw me off but the vibe didn't seem to last long luckily
[0:15] I was just watching an old baking video the other day and Phil also introduces Dan as a minion
[0:27] 'I get to sit in my pants offering unhelpful comments' I'm?? like English pants of US pants? either could be the case tbh
[0:37] I was a little skeptical when Phil mentioned on twitter that he would be choosing some, but I think two was a good amount and it was interesting to see what he chose for himself
[0:48] Fashion level up after last video (true, 2017 vs 2018 Phil was a transformation), does this mean next year is going to be another level up?? what does that mean?
[0:53] Dan: 'you are the only person that doesn't like that on you' 1. absolutely true, 2. the casual inclusion of himself in people who likes the jacket on Phil makes me happy
[1:11] Validation time with Dan. We love to see it.
[1:57] 2nd Phil Core look. Personally, idk I really don't like that jacket. It feels like too much and too little going on at the same time. But Phil likes it, which is fine.
[2:10] Dan hands appearance. This also makes me think he's not sitting down??
[2:45] Phil's story of being young, trying something on and kind of liking it, then getting home and realizing you're not ready for it? Big fucking relate
[3:02] Coming out joke. Knew it was coming, still love to see it. Although I'm glad it didn't get overused throughout the rest of the video
[3:11] 'Get me a motorbike 'cause I'm ready to ride' I don't think this was a planned innuendo but Phil you can't go saying these things seconds after announcing your gayness lmao
[3:20] 'He's gonna punch you in the neck and you'll say thank you.' It didn't need to be said, but Dan said it anyway.
[3:25] Honestly, I think the black jacket could be a look, idk if it being leather really makes any difference.
[3:56] 'Biker vibe' 'You're a gay-ker' vibe' good gay puns: check. Plus the little 'oooh' that they do at each other when they make a pun or joke that I find really endearing
[4:23] When he walks out here somehow his body (like if you don't look at his head) and movement remind me of my sister?? It feels weird.
[4:36] First good Dan cackle of many *serotonin increases*
[4:42] Good to know Phil's usual glasses are still broken
[4:49] 'Are we loving it?' Phil says this quite a few times throughout and while it is a sort of phrase/commonly used expression, I find it's an interesting indirect way of asking for Dan's opinion as well as engaging the viewer
[5:06] Ok I was not a big fan of this outfit at first, I think it's because of the neckline of the sweater, but pushed back and with the sweater paws and stuff I actually think it's well cute
[5:17] They don't talk about it but imo just that striped t-shirt looks good on Phil. He should start coming for Dan's stripe branding
[5:35] Something about his sheepish walk and the frog outfit reminds me of young (like early teen) Phil aww
[5:43] Also something about seeing Phil with the hat and not seeing his hair makes me realize how much his and Martyn's faces really do look similar
[5:49] Ok, crocks with socks sure, but the best part is that Phil is wearing his merch socks, that come in mismatched pairs, mismatched with one Norman and one cactus sock
[6:32] The fact that Phil was also choosing outfits that went out of his comfort zone... rizzo mentioned it but I feel like this is kind of the interesting vibe in this video of Phil like genuinely trying to push himself a little bit and being open about that as he does it.. I'm here for it.
[6:46] 'It's physically uncomfortable to look at you wearing that' Why Dan? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ok I'll leave now I couldn't help myself
[7:05] Phil discovers somewhat more high-waisted pants, I forget sometimes that people who are used to only wearing 'men's' clothes aren't as accustomed to a variety of heights. Also cheeky ass zoom, I see you Phil.
[7:13] Hard agree, I like the jumper but not the pants. Honestly I would wear that jumper looks comfy as hell, also looks good on Phil. I think it isn't super intuitive but Phil looks quite good in green?? In that clickbait video on the gaming channel he wears that light muted green hoodie and it looks really good on him
[7:51] Phil frosted glass butt, 3 years later
[8:22] I feel like the big flaw was that the suspenders were pulling the pants up too high? Leading to crotch issues and ankles, I wonder if they were just too short or if Phil didn't bother to adjust them.
[8:32] Honestly, I think the pink shirt, especially the way Phil has it unbuttoned a little bit, looks pretty good on him
[9:14] I feel like the fact that it says 'pump me hard' was not intentional? it's not very visible in the pic from the tweet but idk. lol
[9:23] I was so confused at first with the bleep (bark) 'cause it was in the middle of Phil talking, then I realized he said 'wankers' and was still confused, then I realized that the costume has a pun with the W (anchor) s, making wankers. Is wankers really worth the bleep? idk it was funny I guess
[9:35] This little hand sanitizer pose/dance feels like the awkward thing they're probably making kids do now while making them sing a little song to remind them about using hand sanitizer
[10:25] I think this outfit looks decent, but the reflection of the filming lights in the glasses make it look silly and less good.
[11:08] Dan calling Phil out for checking himself out lmao, he's not wrong, he looks good.
[11:22] We're getting one step closer to dnp rich designer gays walking their dog vibes like that one pic from the dog calendar. Honestly, I could see a little bit of this working its way into some actual Phil looks
[11:48] Strong agree with Dan's 'oooh ok' Phil looks goooood like this. Which we already knew. But just simple nice pants, shoes, shirt and belt with a good suit jacket that's fun and suits him like that one. Hell yeah.
[12:10] Shoes are growing on him, he's still messing around with standing back on the heels like everyone does when they first wear a lil heeled boot, and his heel-to-toe walking makes him a bit unstable but we love to see it.
[12:28] This look just seems chill and cozy, and the jumper is one I could actually see Phil wearing
[13:33] The drop crotch tights ripping had me cackling
[13:48] I feel like wiggling your butt to show of a tail is somehow something that most people just do instinctively? It's funny to me
[13:59] Dignity? What dignity??
[14:03] Truly my first thought was that it is a shame they took that little rug out of there 'cause kneeling on that tile floor just doesn't look comfortable, physically, nevermind the emotional discomfort I felt watching it lmaoo
[14:13] Phil likes the ears. Strong yes. Honestly I usually think ears look funny but they blend in with his hair well and look kinda cute. I will not allow this to be my furry awakening I promise.
[14:22] I agree, fishnets and tights have an interesting and kind of nice texture and feel tbh. Plus a great excuse to get those legs out.
[14:35] I'm sad that the dress doesn't fit better, I think it would feel more like a look if it did. Now that I'm thinking about it I think it looks so bad because of the neckline, it's almost like it's supposed to kind of have a bodice and blouse look with some tiddy filling out the white part but it looks very ill fitting on a flat chest. (As a flat-chested dress wearer, it's a struggle)
[14:55] See? I feel like this shape of dress works and looks decent on Phil, it's what I find for myself too
[15:20] I think it looks good too! Minus the Phil face with just some bold black and white pattern I think it would look quite cool and something I'd want to wear
[15:37] Yes, growth, more boys in dresses. Dan, you're next buddy.
[15:41] Phil pulling up the side of the dress to show his bruises?? Mate that is a lot of thigh you're showing, nearing Dan level even
[16:17] More turtlenecks, sophisticated guy vibes, soft pastel guy, I'd love to see it tbh
[16:47] 'You Will Get Through This Video' Good book pun, also first book/Dan project mention on AP? Makes me think maybe the occasional joint content might be in our future more than I'd let myself hope for.
[17:05] This is a different clip that the first time?? Or actually seems like it was a clip cut from between the clips during the floor bit. Went for it with the paw and everything
I have been wanting and wishing for this video for ages and it was exactly what I wanted and expected, day made. Some joint content for the holidays. As a treat :festivedeppy:

Someone mentioned it being odd that Dan calls Phil 'bro' and 'mate' a lot and stuff? imo I think he plays it up a bit for the video, but it's also something I jokingly call my gay friends and would even imagine jokingly calling a partner, it doesn't seem to odd to me.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

We're back! sorry for that outage, folks. It was supposed to be brief planned maintenance that went on much, much longer than expected.

NOW ARE WE HYPED FOR MARTYN. I really am. I wonder if he'll ask Martyn about the beard edit or the outfits video?
noodlebum
flower crown

I call my husband bruv buddy and mate all the time as I find it funny, I do that way more than cutesy nicknames!
Becky.rigby
living flop

AHHH Cornelia and Martyn have had a beautiful baby girl called Freja ❤️❤️❤️ (Photos on Cornelias Instagram) she is so beautiful and I am so happy for them, some good and happy news with all this gloom going on lately
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm so excited for Cornelia & Martyn. ;-; And also for Kath. And for Phil & Dan -- and just... ugh! Look at Freja being the little joy of 2020!!
dontpanic
#relatable

my partner and I call each other stuff like girlie, buddy, and dude... it started out as as a joke but now it somehow has the intimacy of pet names which we don't do.

Also omg that's an adorable name for a baby, so exciting!
noodlebum
flower crown

Ahhhhh so happy for them what a lovely way to end the year for their families!
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Phantasy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:55 pm
(Also, peep the PS5 controller on top of the console. :dapg: )
Ok so dizzy has obliterated my cranium with the idea that they could be fully moved out and still just using the flat as a filming space, with a revamp since they moved the sofas and stuff back to it but.....

The controller in the bottom right on that triangle shelf thing def looks like a PS5 controller to me. I don't see the console but on the other side of the grey under-TV shelf looks like what could be console(s), I don't have a good enough eye and knowledge of playstation stuff to know for sure. (Phil's switch controller is also in the background on the side table, which doesn't mean a whole lot since they mostly seemed to use Dan's anyway but,,)

I could see the possibility of them not actually living there, but if the PS5 is there they definitely are living there. As we all know the common phrase 'Home is where the heart expensive new gaming console is.'

Also the snake and zz plant are in there and I feel like they're quite nice looking and they probably would've brought them along to a new place even if they got a bunch of new stuff but idk

Side note I was scrolling through the danandphil tag on insta yesterday, as I do occasionally just to see what's up and some people were talking about like 'wow they got new sofas!? where did those cloud pillows come from' and I was like asdfjsldjf. Sometimes I forget that not everyone sees a piece of furniture or background or decoration and is like WHERE DID THIS COME FROM, WHERE ARE ALL THE PLACES IT HAS EVER BEEN SEEN :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: probably for the best

Edit: baby Freja omg!!!
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Becky.rigby
living flop

I feel sorry for Kathryn and Martyn’s dad, Cornelias parents and Phil :( not being able to see the baby when newborn because of COVID. I’m sure they will get loads of pictures and video calls but it’s not the same.
Phantasy
woodland creature

inanerat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:49 pm
Ok so dizzy has obliterated my cranium with the idea that they could be fully moved out and still just using the flat as a filming space, with a revamp since they moved the sofas and stuff back to it but.....

The controller in the bottom right on that triangle shelf thing def looks like a PS5 controller to me. I don't see the console but on the other side of the grey under-TV shelf looks like what could be console(s), I don't have a good enough eye and knowledge of playstation stuff to know for sure. (Phil's switch controller is also in the background on the side table, which doesn't mean a whole lot since they mostly seemed to use Dan's anyway but,,)

I could see the possibility of them not actually living there, but if the PS5 is there they definitely are living there. As we all know the common phrase 'Home is where the heart expensive new gaming console is.'

Also the snake and zz plant are in there and I feel like they're quite nice looking and they probably would've brought them along to a new place even if they got a bunch of new stuff but idk

Side note I was scrolling through the danandphil tag on insta yesterday, as I do occasionally just to see what's up and some people were talking about like 'wow they got new sofas!? where did those cloud pillows come from' and I was like asdfjsldjf. Sometimes I forget that not everyone sees a piece of furniture or background or decoration and is like WHERE DID THIS COME FROM, WHERE ARE ALL THE PLACES IT HAS EVER BEEN SEEN :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: probably for the best

Yeah, the PS5, but their old smaller tv all seems to suggest they are staying there, but temporarily. And even if it’s only for a matter of weeks (months?) why not dress it up and make it cozy—doesn’t take that much effort. So curious to know if they have a forever place and it’s being fixed up or if they only made the decision to move and give up the expensive penthouse while they look.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Okay.... the PS5 thing actually sways me. That is the strongest indicator I've seen so far that they might be temporarily residing there.

A delay in being able to move in might explain why Dan hinted at personal adventures then we haven't heard anything since, though. Because we do know, if nothing else, they are absolutely out of the formerly-known-as living flat now.