Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

I’m currently thinking about how dan tried to implement a future regular “dan bans” section and phil whined until dan would let him start the segment in that very show (leading to phil being able to immediately ban the tories :ribena: )

there were just so many moments of that entire show that screamed “we are a couple! we’ve been together for over a decade and will continue to be together for a long time to come!” and it was... really nice and healing to watch.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
Amiaw
interactive introvert

If anyone needs it Phil added the transcript for the first stereo show to his video description
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Amiaw wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:07 pm If anyone needs it Phil added the transcript for the first stereo show to his video description
I'm really shook by this and I can't quite pinpoint why. Like - I really respect and love that he's sharing the transcript. Makes the show accessible to everyone. But there's just something weird about Dan and Phil being aware of Dan and Phil's words in a candid setting being put to paper?

I donno, man. Something about that bare ass story being transcribed by someone paid hourly on Rev and then made public to be read and Ctrl+F'd word for word.

I........ I donno. It's an odd thing to wrap my head around. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I just snorted at this reading the transcript. The poor sweet summer child, I'm glad they didn't search harder to figure out what the word was and scar themselves.
Phil: There is a time, and a place for the minion yawwie.
Also - timestamps for the 2/23 show:

:11 - Phil was lowkey almost late because of a coat issue.
1:25 - Dan doesn't know if Phil's well or panicked.
2:40 - Phil is a beautiful, anxiety ridden, gay butterfly.
2:57 - Explanation of what the show is/what they're doing.
4:18 - Random sound voice message from Adam, who is not valid.
4:44 - Dan likes that he can look ugly and it doesn't matter.
5:04 - Dan says "undressed and unfiltered" and Phil clarifies they're not undressed. "We've already talked about it. The OnlyPhans is not happening."
5:26 - Phil refers to us as a hive mind. "What does the hive mind want us to call the show?"
6:02 - Living with nothing/3 weeks vs 3 months/Phil's adventure to get a coat.
7:06 - Snow penis. "As a gay." "That's homophobic, Phil."
7:58 - Ladydoor Liveshow.
8:18 - Dan says he's 'coming back on a whim.'
8:38 - Fondness for ladydoor/not a fondness for lady doors.
9:15 - Dan talks about how he's different emotionally/has different energy with Phil.
11:31 - Dan mentions vaginal energy, Phil says don't do that, they're gonna kick us off. Dan doesn't know the rules.
12:45 - They explain they're doing shows on Tue/Thur for old school vibes. Phil calls Dan "Danny laddy."
13:50 - Dan introducing the first topic of being tired of lockdown, Phil clarifying they support lockdown and vaccines.
15:28 - Dan's first one is that Phil eats more than half of the snacks.
16:22 - Phil's first one is that Dan makes him get the door even though Phil's the more socially anxious one. Leads into the home invasion story.
21:17 - Dan and Phil had a serious meeting and he left beard filters on. (Day after he recorded with PJ.)
Leads into Phil talking about how Dan's beard looked good and Dan saying he gets facial hair like the teenagers in The Simpons.
22:40 - Phil's second issue is that Dan spends half his time adventuring with people online and Phil's just sat on his own playing Apex Legends getting angry at teenagers. After playing games Phil needs to watch Real Housewives, "Get a nice parasocial relationship going on."
24:52 - Phil asks what Dan misses the most after being inside for a year. Dan misses going outside.
25:58 - Phil says that Dan keeps calling him a boomer. "Are we allowed to talk about the selfie?" and Phil responds in the most wounded voice, "No!"
28:45 - Dan tells Phil to 'release the thot.'
31:13 - Dan asks Phil if they're going to give each other haircuts again.
34:31 - Phil talks about being paranoid and tells a story about them going in a taxi and Phil panicking about Dan giving the driver a thumbs down.
38:11 - Zoom story about Phil's naked butt.
42:55 - What would Dan ban segment.
42:51 - Dan and Phil apartment spoiler. Dan likes concrete, minimal. Phil hates it because it's cold and sad.
46:46 - They ban the Tory government.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:12 pm I just snorted at this reading the transcript. The poor sweet summer child, I'm glad they didn't search harder to figure out what the word was and scar themselves.
Phil: There is a time, and a place for the minion yawwie.
gOD it's so funny to me. I remember watching the 'trying to see things without my glasses video' and 'furry' was captioned as 'fuzzy' or something, even though there was clearly a furry in the image and I just remember laughing to myself. I've captioned on Rev on occasion and I was just like 'smh if you don't have the right background for the project leave it to somebody else lol'

However I must say, while you obvs sign a contract/NDA type thing about what you caption/transcribe, an AP video or even these stereos are NOT the strangest thing I've seen or personally worked on through Rev. (special acknowledgements to the dick meditation video) My search history has seen some strange things.

I will now entertain myself with these mis-hearings/understandings :lol:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I listened to the last few bits of content from them in the background while I was working today and I wondered what everyone else's opinion was on:

With online creators or even IRL couples or friends, you just KNOW what you're ok with saying about the other person and what their boundaries are.

And then there's dnp.

Phil genuinely seemed surprised at stories Dan is telling in each stereo. Yet when Phil is a bit more open, Dan seems surprised by that.

I can't tell any more if they are testing each others boundaries or ours?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A standard Dan tweet:
And Phil updated the transcript to correct some of the mistakes in it! He really should be paying this captioning crew, in addition to just thanking/crediting them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Who does Dan think he is? Posting never seen before pictures like that? We need those suckers in full hq glory!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Phil saw Dan drawing dicks in the snow and was like: yeah I need to capture this moment to keep in my camera roll forever
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Less butt? Sir, that's horrible advertising. :forthememe:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt

dan calling himself a phillie? putting in a formal request for him to Stop
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Did Dan just call Phil hyper sexual lmao. I love this quiz
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My breaking point was Dan saying 'phannie.'

Though, rizzo got a message through, so they get credit for that and we'll call it a draw for right now.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

WHY IS THE OREO REFERENCE WHAT'S GOTTEN ME MOST SHAKEN. lmfao dan you went there.
clownari
not a first-time poster

does dan suddenly have a lisp or am i hearing things?
starsandshards
living flop

clownari wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:32 pm does dan suddenly have a lisp or am i hearing things?
i wondered this! but i just think his mic is a bit eh.
singularplane
smol bean

no shade but why are people choosing the most BORING topics
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:28 pm My breaking point was Dan saying 'phannie.'

Though, rizzo got a message through, so they get credit for that and we'll call it a draw for right now.
Still coming down from this high tbh.

Also coming down from the high of hearing "parisian twink" coming out of both of their mouths.
fairylights
crusty sponge

do we know what their big three signs are? i wanna know
starsandshards
living flop

goodbye phil, hello pierre!

that was so cute and wholesome.
starsandshards
living flop

fairylights wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:47 pm do we know what their big three signs are? i wanna know
as in astrology?

dan
sun: gemini
ascending: aquarius
moon: taurus

phil
sun: aquarius
ascending: libra
moon: aquarius
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

singularplane wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:41 pm no shade but why are people choosing the most BORING topics
i agree with this. clearly the comments aren't heavily moderated and they're not moderated by dnp at all (like the messages on younow were). we don't need to keep it clean to be chosen, folks! we gotta unite and come up with some good shit to send in tbh
shan
morning quiff

Goodbye Phil, hello Pierre moment was a lot. That was being pretty blatantly obvious, Dan
singularplane
smol bean

always a pleasure to hear these two just hanging out, though i def enjoyed tuesday’s stereo more. even though we got a lot of cool tid bits ( oreo??? hypersexual?? wtf is this alternative reality), the format didn’t allow them to throw domestic and cute insights and moments at us like we had had from them last time.

at first i was really excited about the ‘who wants to be a philionaire’ segment, but the fact that it had similar questions to the ones we had already got in the best fiends series def made it a bit more boring. the typical amazingphil topics (food, pets, etc) didn’t allow them to say anything particularly interesting besides answering the questions. the audio messages from the audiences also felt more cringe to me than last time. the last segment was dulled by the questions from the audience (guys!! you would have asked anything!!!??) and they didn’t seem as into it as last time.

that being SAID, i’m not gonna be complaining when just last week we were in a dan and phil drought that didn’t seem to be ending any near future and the fact that they are doing this??? every week?? is still the best thing
Last edited by singularplane on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 pm WHY IS THE OREO REFERENCE WHAT'S GOTTEN ME MOST SHAKEN. lmfao dan you went there.
I wasn't fully paying attention for the full liveshow but this caught me and I can't immediately think of the reference? Maybe I will understand better when I listen back but does anyone feel like filling me in?