Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Secretstanner wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:57 pm
Levitating wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:27 pm Can somebody explain me the zoom thing?

So, there is Dan facing his laptop screen & (somewhat) the mirror pixel which (somewhat) "faces" the wavy-mirror which (again) "faces" the bathroom window.

Once Phil facing the bathroom window, as shown in the clip, he can see Dan's face and viceversa... but he cannot see Dan's screen: the mac's webcam is directed at Dan. Phil only sees the cover-side of the laptop.

Thus, how could he have seen the "very important people" Dan was having a meeting with? Unless the webcam (impossibly) was facing towards the pixel mirror, it is only Dan the one able to see Phil, isn't it?
The story about Phil seeing people on Dan’s screen is probably a stretch. It’s not the first time they have embellished a story for comedy it was probably only dan who did see. I think it’s more “if Dan’s laptop was facing that way they WOULD of seen”. They just like telling us about scandalous things. Remember the story they tweeted and told us on liveshow “Dan and Phil were seen coming out of a bush “getting dressed” by a subscriber” when really Phil was putting on a shoe after dan photographed his foot... like it’s super funny to me that they WANT us to think of them getting out of a bush half dressed.
Yeah that's very true. Tell people you watch your man showering without telling them you watch your man showering.

Also if you were trying to be quiet while someone was on a zoom call you wouldn't just violently shower with the door open in the next room, would you?

One other thing that sounded like it wasn't quite true was the delivery man story. The delivery man being let into their lobby or their floor, which you need to be buzzed into, by someone else is higher in lockdown, but their buzzer surely would have gone off at least the first time.

Then Phil starts off saying 'we were' and then changes to saying 'i was playing apex...'. At the end of the story Dan says if he was the delivery man he wouldn't have knocked on their door the second time after seeing 2 weird guys. So they're telling me that they didn't hear the buzzer, or the door knock or someone walking through their apartment? Like...are you guys trying to tell me the delivery man walked in on you getting saucy or not?
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

the more i think about it, the more i realise just how SOPPY dan was about phil for the entirety of the last stereo show.

“goodbye phil, hello pierre” has been going through my mind All Day.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

kavat wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:47 pm
Amiaw wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 pm I don’t follow anyone else on Stereo so does anyone know if other creators are doing this much spon for their shows?
A vlogger i follow posted a video sposored by stereo where she talked about it for a few minutes. I've only seen her talk about it on instagram stories once or twice and i think she's done two shows so far. She's the only one except dnp i follow who i've seen done anything with stereo.
I don't think this correlates to their spon or really anything but I did want to throw it out there - on their contact page Stereo links to a place where you can download their brand assets and the English media assets are all... Dan and Phil, lmao.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Amiaw wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 pm I don’t follow anyone else on Stereo so does anyone know if other creators are doing this much spon for their shows?
i follow jarvis and he's promoted a show or 2 on his ig stories, but that's about it. i just assume dnp are making big money off stereo at this point. and honestly? goodforthem.gif
fruitcriminals wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:54 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:57 pm
Levitating wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:27 pm Can somebody explain me the zoom thing?

So, there is Dan facing his laptop screen & (somewhat) the mirror pixel which (somewhat) "faces" the wavy-mirror which (again) "faces" the bathroom window.

Once Phil facing the bathroom window, as shown in the clip, he can see Dan's face and viceversa... but he cannot see Dan's screen: the mac's webcam is directed at Dan. Phil only sees the cover-side of the laptop.

Thus, how could he have seen the "very important people" Dan was having a meeting with? Unless the webcam (impossibly) was facing towards the pixel mirror, it is only Dan the one able to see Phil, isn't it?
The story about Phil seeing people on Dan’s screen is probably a stretch. It’s not the first time they have embellished a story for comedy it was probably only dan who did see. I think it’s more “if Dan’s laptop was facing that way they WOULD of seen”. They just like telling us about scandalous things. Remember the story they tweeted and told us on liveshow “Dan and Phil were seen coming out of a bush “getting dressed” by a subscriber” when really Phil was putting on a shoe after dan photographed his foot... like it’s super funny to me that they WANT us to think of them getting out of a bush half dressed.
Yeah that's very true. Tell people you watch your man showering without telling them you watch your man showering.

Also if you were trying to be quiet while someone was on a zoom call you wouldn't just violently shower with the door open in the next room, would you?

One other thing that sounded like it wasn't quite true was the delivery man story. The delivery man being let into their lobby or their floor, which you need to be buzzed into, by someone else is higher in lockdown, but their buzzer surely would have gone off at least the first time.

Then Phil starts off saying 'we were' and then changes to saying 'i was playing apex...'. At the end of the story Dan says if he was the delivery man he wouldn't have knocked on their door the second time after seeing 2 weird guys. So they're telling me that they didn't hear the buzzer, or the door knock or someone walking through their apartment? Like...are you guys trying to tell me the delivery man walked in on you getting saucy or not?
this whole convo just brings me back to the bow story and how dead-set they were on telling this obnoxious story about the hoodie with the bow without considering even once what a weird situation it was or how there's really only one possible way any of that happened.

bless. i hope they never stop telling over-exaggerated stories. no matter how made up it is.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

The delivery man story I do believe. Phil saying we just sounded like he was talking before thinking then changed what he was meant to say. Being in an apartment billing with many people come and go. My friend lives in an apartment building and the door sometimes is just left open, people are coming or going and just let us in or we will get calls to let people in the building for other people. I don’t think it’s impossible at all for the delivery man to get into the building without dan and Phil knowing. If they were waiting for a buzz call in that never came I would be scared also if someone was inside my apartment. I don’t think much of this didn’t happen.
Levitating
#relatable

Wow! Thank you everyone for explaining.

Although, Phil could have had opened the door after finishing his shower?
I still sounds strange :? :lol:
rizzo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:54 pm
this whole convo just brings me back to the bow story and how dead-set they were on telling this obnoxious story about the hoodie with the bow without considering even once what a weird situation it was or how there's really only one possible way any of that happened.

bless. i hope they never stop telling over-exaggerated stories. no matter how made up it is.

What is this story? :betta: :betta:

I've already said it, but I agree with all of you who are saying how nice it was to hear Dan this Thursday. He was being the sweetest :c

I also feel that the delivery man story was a bit, once you take in consideration what you guys are saying: just to know the floor, the guy would have had to ask them first... unless they had written that too, on the delivery notes. Still, it doesn't make much sense because in London you are supposed to follow Covid guidelines for which the delivery person has to leave your food at the door, step out and ring the door just then, so that you are not in contact with each other.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Secretstanner wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:12 pm The delivery man story I do believe. Phil saying we just sounded like he was talking before thinking then changed what he was meant to say. Being in an apartment billing with many people come and go. My friend lives in an apartment building and the door sometimes is just left open, people are coming or going and just let us in or we will get calls to let people in the building for other people. I don’t think it’s impossible at all for the delivery man to get into the building without dan and Phil knowing. If they were waiting for a buzz call in that never came I would be scared also if someone was inside my apartment. I don’t think much of this didn’t happen.
I believe it happened too, just not exactly how they said. What could easily have happened is they were just doing something together and really into it and blocked everything else out. I was joking re getting saucy, could have literally been napping on the sofa.

I actually find it really funny that they do it and there are quite a few occasions when I've seen something and thought.... is this the work of dan trolling? I remember reading a fan fiction ages ago and saving it because it was so well written and I am 100% going to read his book and compare it to that to see if it was him. I'd troll if i was him it would be very amusing. Write your own fan fiction, start a parody account, quite genius really, most pay millions to find out what their audience think of them and dan just stalks everyone instead lol
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Levitating wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:29 pm Wow! Thank you everyone for explaining.

Although, Phil could have had opened the door after finishing his shower?
I still sounds strange :? :lol:

I've already said it, but I agree with all of you who are saying how nice it was to hear Dan this Thursday. He was being the sweetest :c

I also feel that the delivery man story was a bit, once you take in consideration what you guys are saying: just to know the floor, the guy would have had to ask them first... unless they had written that too, on the delivery notes. Still, it doesn't make much sense because in London you are supposed to follow Covid guidelines for which the delivery person has to leave your food at the door, step out and ring the door just then, so that you are not in contact with each other.
To be fair even in a small fancy apartment it could happen, i am just confused how it could possibly happen unless they were level 10 distracted and or being incredibly loud or completely asleep. Think of it this way. Phil mentioned he can hear the people in the apartment above in a recent tweet. So you can hear that but not someone in your own apartment? Like materino what happens in your gaff.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Levitating wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:29 pm

i'll never miss an opportunity to drop this video in here:

feel free to make your own conclusions as to how phil untied that bow.... while dan was wearing it.... without dan seeing it.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

god I was just thinking about the hoodie strings story today, glad to see people are on my wavelength, it's just,,, so much.

Which reminds me, listening to the show from Tuesday, Dan's talking about how he wants people to send in zoom fails like people using filters or standing up forgetting they aren't wearing pants, and then immediately after that last example goes on to mention that he and Phil have a few stories (mirror butt) to tell after people send in theirs.

And I just want to say, listening to that progression of examples live and the way they are clearly on some new level of ok-ness with acknowledging things from phandom past, there was some part of me that was fully Ready and Prepared for them to come clean on the Dan and Phil's corners liveshow lmaoooo. Alas they did not but honestly at this point it's the kind of funny to look back on it, post coming out universe, newfound comfort with heavier ~implications~ story that I could see them actually mentioning :lol:

Side note on stereo: I found it quite enjoyable to be able to listen back to the shows like a podcast on my phone while at work today, but is it just me or is the playback interface absolute dog shit?? Like I get that the app's emphasis is on the live side of things, but it seems like it would not be that hard to make the interface for listening back to shows basically exactly like a podcast, but it's just shitty instead.

This also got me thinking about the potential for deppy podcast and I was wondering what monetary support they would use for it? Like recorded live or not it would make sense to have it be available on the typical podcast platforms, but would they get like a season-long sponsor? Have spon for some individual shows and just go off apple/spotify/etc. plays revenue? idk since they don't have to deal with that doing the stereo spon, since they're being paid just to be on the platform.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Which reminds me, listening to the show from Tuesday, Dan's talking about how he wants people to send in zoom fails like people using filters or standing up forgetting they aren't wearing pants, and then immediately after that last example goes on to mention that he and Phil have a few stories (mirror butt) to tell after people send in theirs.

Sorry @inanerat cannot work out how to quote part of a post.

Actually that means he planned on telling that story from the beginning of the show doesn't it?
inanerat
eclipse shirt

fruitcriminals wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:27 am Which reminds me, listening to the show from Tuesday, Dan's talking about how he wants people to send in zoom fails like people using filters or standing up forgetting they aren't wearing pants, and then immediately after that last example goes on to mention that he and Phil have a few stories (mirror butt) to tell after people send in theirs.

Actually that means he planned on telling that story from the beginning of the show doesn't it?
I think so, it's certainly the impression I got that part of his choosing that topic was to sprinkle in the mirror butt anecdote, although when it actually came up Phil seemed like he wasn't 100% prepared? So idk if they discussed it beforehand or not or Phil was just forgetting or something

Also no worries lmao. Hot tip, in the editor you can just delete whatever text of the post you don't want to show leaving the part you want to stay, as long as you don't delete the beginning [ quote = blah blah blah] at the beginning and [/quote] at the end, it will still work as a quote!

Edit: of course I put in the quote markers and it made the text in the middle a quote oops, fixed it now so you can read it
shan
morning quiff

fruitcriminals wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:27 am Which reminds me, listening to the show from Tuesday, Dan's talking about how he wants people to send in zoom fails like people using filters or standing up forgetting they aren't wearing pants, and then immediately after that last example goes on to mention that he and Phil have a few stories (mirror butt) to tell after people send in theirs.

I'm guessing with a story like that there was probably a conversation beforehand to make sure they were both happy to share it. That would also make sense with Phil's embarrassed reaction to the Boomer Karen photo story being so much more extreme than mirror butt.

Also, I don't know if there's an easier way but I literally just delete extra text I don't want to quote manually.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Finally sitting down to listen to Thursday's show after spending way too much of my evening defending myself from homophobes on twitter, and Dan's "Sup Bitch" has already cured my trauma. Thanks boys.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

shan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:54 am

I'm guessing with a story like that there was probably a conversation beforehand to make sure they were both happy to share it. That would also make sense with Phil's embarrassed reaction to the Boomer Karen photo story being so much more extreme than mirror butt.

Also, I don't know if there's an easier way but I literally just delete extra text I don't want to quote manually.
Ah thanks mate, will do that next time!
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

bob the drag queen and monet xchange (both winners of Drag Race) have started doing shows on stereo both together and separately. they advertise on insta stories too, so that must be part of the whole deal.
Levitating
#relatable

rizzo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:07 pm feel free to make your own conclusions as to how phil untied that bow.... while dan was wearing it.... without dan seeing it.

I feel and am too dumb to make assumption because I literally cannot understand how without it being... boring. AHH! :rofl: Let me know. :stan:
The contrast between Phil untying it and Dan "walking into the room" to see it makes me thinK that Phil was the one lying about untidying while dAN was wearing it. Phil must have done it perhaps for laundry or because Dan had left the jumper somewhere else. Right?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:26 am
rizzo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:07 pm feel free to make your own conclusions as to how phil untied that bow.... while dan was wearing it.... without dan seeing it.

I feel and am too dumb to make assumption because I literally cannot understand how without it being... boring. AHH! :rofl: Let me know. :stan:
The contrast between Phil untying it and Dan "walking into the room" to see it makes me thinK that Phil was the one lying about untidying while dAN was wearing it. Phil must have done it perhaps for laundry or because Dan had left the jumper somewhere else. Right?
The common theory is that they were kissing or otherwise in very close proximity that Dan couldn't immediately just look down and see that it was untied. Smoochy boys!
Levitating
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:34 pm The common theory is that they were kissing or otherwise in very close proximity that Dan couldn't immediately just look down and see that it was untied. Smoochy boys!
Aww :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:
I am sure you've already discuss it so I will try to find it. For now, I am impressed with how much fiction they seem to have added to the story. All of that "I didn't [unloose it] so it's fine"

I guess this shows the kind of flip of the narrative they portray? Like, the fiction added to the laces thing is to pretend - if your assumptions are correct - that they weren't facing each other while it happened. The fiction/way of telling us about the zoom things is, on the other side, a way to actually suggest some kind of romantic intimacy ('don't worry, only I saw the butt').

Interesting! <3 <3 :lol:
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I was smoking in the toilet before showering on a stressfull day, wondering what the perfect thing to listen to would be, when I got the notif to Stereo and I almost cried I was so happy. Listening to that while high sure was something (I had to listen to it about three more times that evening to fully understand it).

That part in he beginning that sounded like Phil watched porn made me so uncomfortable I almost gave up listening though lmao I hate porn sm

Other then that, I'm absolutely loving these live shows and they're giving me happiness when everything else during the week is just awful. Thanks deppy!
the candlelight by the crescent moon
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Contrary to a lot of other opinions I've seen, I actually liked the Thursday stream more? Phil living his gameshow host dreams always gives me life.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil had a moment with the window cleaner.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
starsandshards
living flop

oof, been there. not with window cleaner but just waving at people who i think are waving at me and then they're not. uuuugh
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Is it just me or has Phil started using 'social anxiety' and referring to his anxiety more explicitly recently? I feel like before he would usually talk about just 'being worried' or maybe 'being a bit anxious' about a specific thing, but in the Tuesday show he was just straight up like 'cause I'm the more socially anxious one' about answering the door.

idk it just seems like a very subtle shift to me, and if it means Phil is feeling a bit more comfortable talking about it and/or spending some time working with it himself I am 100% here for that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:00 pm Is it just me or has Phil started using 'social anxiety' and referring to his anxiety more explicitly recently? I feel like before he would usually talk about just 'being worried' or maybe 'being a bit anxious' about a specific thing, but in the Tuesday show he was just straight up like 'cause I'm the more socially anxious one' about answering the door.

idk it just seems like a very subtle shift to me, and if it means Phil is feeling a bit more comfortable talking about it and/or spending some time working with it himself I am 100% here for that.
He definitely feels more comfortable about it now and I really love that. I love him just being himself more.

I mean, it's either that, or a Better Help #spon is coming.

But I'm gonna embrace the subtle shift either way.