Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ukhon
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

when they were talking about that golden pig all I could think about was that modern family episode where Mitch ‘accidentally’ smashes the weird ornament on the mantelpiece, they’re such a married couple
Dan... did have a lot to say tonight didn’t he
ma_rose
not a first-time poster

Hello🙋🏻‍♀️ A longtime lurker here who just created an account. The conversation today on stereo made me do it, where were you guys when they were asking people to send in reasons for them to get a dog😂😂 the topic had so much potential but I guess because of the lag of the messages it didn’t work.
starsandshards
living flop

wesleywyndcm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:04 pm bless them for this show honestly, i'm in a major depressive slump but this made me genuinely happy 🥺
same, it drags my sad ass through the week. hope you are doing ok, friendo. <3

i really wanted to record something this time but chickened out. tonight's stereo seemed so frantic! but it was very funny. i loved when phil sassed dan about being able to wing it. BURRRRN.
feenix
squish
Pronouns: she/they

I actually recorded three messages today, two about dogs and one asking for clarification if they have bought a detached house or an apartment, but stereo needs to sort itself out with letting voice messages get through. Or give creators an option to toggle submissions on and off so there isn't such a sea of messages to sift through.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Having not been around for the previous live show era, these Stereo shows just feel so dense to me. By dense, I mean packed with information and tangents and ideas. I like it, but it's intense! Of course, maybe this is just what the inside of their brains are like when they are in entertainer mode. I like the breadth of stuff they cover, but I also wouldn't mind like a whole live show discussing one thing Dan would ban or Phil's ideas about no such thing as loving too much.

This was a good show, ya'll.
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

today’s stereo thought: dan trying to explain why he doesn’t have nightmares about phil dying but how he did have nightmares about norman and will inevitably have nightmares about anything else he loves.

just loved dan grouping phil implicitly into that “things i love” bucket
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
shan
morning quiff

I enjoyed the show even if the issues with message moderation were a bit worse this week. Maybe over-moderation as a result of the infamous Adam message?

I don’t know if it’s just that I’m extremely over-tired right now but I’m still shook by the couples insta filter. Not even just the fact they did it but the way they were sitting, body language etc. it was so much and my brain can’t compute that it was real and not just very vivid fanfiction
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Last call for thread name suggestions! We'll definitely have a new thread before Thursday! <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Episode is up for those who missed it and/or wanna listen to it again!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nilidh
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

Catallena wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:06 pm Episode is up for those who missed it and/or wanna listen to it again!
Thank you for such a rapid upload! :stan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ma_rose wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 pm Hello🙋🏻‍♀️ A longtime lurker here who just created an account. The conversation today on stereo made me do it, where were you guys when they were asking people to send in reasons for them to get a dog😂😂 the topic had so much potential but I guess because of the lag of the messages it didn’t work.
Welcome!! I sent a dog related message! I sent it right at the start of the convo, too. Based on the activity they received 10,354 messages and played 24 of them which is just.... wild to me.

Also since I'm looking at the stats, they also had 12,582 overall listeners so far and are #1 and #2 in the leaderboard again... with almost triple the listeners of the person in third place.
onemoresock wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm today’s stereo thought: dan trying to explain why he doesn’t have nightmares about phil dying but how he did have nightmares about norman and will inevitably have nightmares about anything else he loves.

I wonder if that's a conversation they've had before - I'm guessing so? And probably one they'll continue to have. I do thing once they have the physical space for a dog they'll come to the yes conclusion quickly, though. We know they were already just one step away from having one with that adoption show.
Megancita75 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm Having not been around for the previous live show era, these Stereo shows just feel so dense to me. By dense, I mean packed with information and tangents and ideas. I like it, but it's intense! Of course, maybe this is just what the inside of their brains are like when they are in entertainer mode. I like the breadth of stuff they cover, but I also wouldn't mind like a whole live show discussing one thing Dan would ban or Phil's ideas about no such thing as loving too much.

This was a good show, ya'll.
These shows - especially Dan's - are far denser than the liveshows of old in terms of stuff between Dan and Phil and in terms of how specific they get about topics. I think it stems from the fact that they're just way, way more honest now. They have that freedom to be honest about the specifics of scenarios and to speak more openly about the future. It both warms my heart and also overwhelms my mind. I already know I need to listen to it again in the morning just after I've had time to process.
alien
procrastinator

i really wish i had the emotional capacity to really dig into their stereo shows because they have just been completely brand new versions of themselves and it's startling as someone who has been a viewer for a long ass time. the new comfortability they have about what and how they share their life with us is like a mindfuck after all this time. like there have obviously been moments here and there of genuine peeks into their life together but it was always padded in some way to protect them/their sexualities/their relationship/etc (understandably! i dont fault them for any of it. there is no judgement in this). but there's not really any of that anymore and imo none of it has felt calculated like it has in the past.

i just can't believe they finally got here. im so happy for them. it must just feel absolutely incredible to not be so afraid anymore.

and they're human and i wouldn't be surprised if there are moments in the future where something spooks them and we see a bit of shielding again here and there.
ma_rose
not a first-time poster

I was relistening to the show instead of starting work😂 Was Dan hinting at the fact that he may be releasing new content soon?? 😍
glitterintheair
phillluminati

See, I totally relate to Dan’s fear of loss because I can’t help but thinking about when they’ll move into their house and stop doing these shows and then what? What will I do? Oh maaaan. I know I should just enjoy the moment like Phil said but I have abandonment issues.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

Yes I listened to and loved the stereo show, but I'm mostly just sitting here rewatching those instagram stories as my heart melts into a puddle on the floor
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Vote for next thread name here! <3 :foreverhome: :curlsandquiff: <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

LAshleigh wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:52 am Yes I listened to and loved the stereo show, but I'm mostly just sitting here rewatching those instagram stories as my heart melts into a puddle on the floor
SAME. The quiz is on instagram and it's called 'who is more likely?' I had a go with Mr FC who thankfully indulges in me being an idiot. It has such other gems of questions like 'who's the better kisser, who's sexier and who's prettier'.

Even more interestingly, the name of the filter you use always comes up in the left hand corner on instagram. Even if you download the picture or video and then put it up again the name still remains. To get it to go away you have to download the content and either cut or amend it in some way (video) or screenshot it (photo) for it to go away. I may know this because I like to use a filter that makes me look better and pretend that I actually look like that.

Phil's doesn't have the name of the filter on. So it's been cut and reuploaded. To be fair to them I might have passed out in shock if they just casually answered one of the very obvious couples ones and not cut it out. Thanks for looking out for my blood pressure Phil.

edited to add, I think he may have zoomed in on the video too perhaps thinking that gets rid of the thing in the corner but it doesn't (she says having tested that out multiple times to ensure friends on instagram do not know she is secretly ugly), you do have to make a decent alteration like cutting bits off.
Levitating
#relatable

onemoresock wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm today’s stereo thought: dan trying to explain why he doesn’t have nightmares about phil dying but how he did have nightmares about norman and will inevitably have nightmares about anything else he loves.

<3 That's the first thing that caught my attention! The fluidity and nonchalance in which he mentioned Phil! :rainbowtears: Isn't it the cutest?! Although :? Phil never acknowledges these things - with a sarcastic comment or anything!

shan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:39 pm I don’t know if it’s just that I’m extremely over-tired right now but I’m still shook by the couples insta filter.
At first, it seemed that Dan's hand was Phil's!! Just because of how close to each other they were
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:03 pm

<3 That's the first thing that caught my attention! The fluidity and nonchalance in which he mentioned Phil! :rainbowtears: Isn't it the cutest?! Although :? Phil never acknowledges these things - with a sarcastic comment or anything!
To be honest, I’m not surprised Phil never responds to those things. Sarcasm isn’t his first line response to most things combined with the fact that it’s Phil who has his whole ass love letter splashed over the fandom/internet without his consent. I know that was a decade ago but I think it put up some walls toward public sentimentality to Dan that haven’t entirely come down yet, and I consider that valid. Phil shows how much he loves Dan in many other ways, he’s just more cagey with verbal displays.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:10 pm

To be honest, I’m not surprised Phil never responds to those things. Sarcasm isn’t his first line response to most things combined with the fact that it’s Phil who has his whole ass love letter splashed over the fandom/internet without his consent. I know that was a decade ago but I think it put up some walls toward public sentimentality to Dan that haven’t entirely come down yet, and I consider that valid. Phil shows how much he loves Dan in many other ways, he’s just more cagey with verbal displays.
This, but I also think it's a difference of love languages - Dan is much more verbal in everything he does while Phil for example is more tactile, more about little actions etc that obviously get lost in a purely audio medium like this. That said you can hear in his voice the appreciation especially in his laughs at Dan!

That stereo show was very very cute but the moderation is TERRIBLE. Nevermind the timing of the replies, but the fact that they would pop up while one of them was speaking was so annoying?
Also this is a general thing and I do the same thing and I wish I could smack myself but Dan PLEASE let Phil finish a sentence without interrupting fijfifif I crave the day Phil will tell him to shut the fuck up and let him finish because I, too, need someone to tell me to shut the fuck up. I relate to you Dan. We're geminis. We can't shut up. But let me hear Phil
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:27 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:10 pm

This, but I also think it's a difference of love languages - Dan is much more verbal in everything he does while Phil for example is more tactile, more about little actions etc that obviously get lost in a purely audio medium like this. That said you can hear in his voice the appreciation especially in his laughs at Dan!

That stereo show was very very cute but the moderation is TERRIBLE. Nevermind the timing of the replies, but the fact that they would pop up while one of them was speaking was so annoying?
Also this is a general thing and I do the same thing and I wish I could smack myself but Dan PLEASE let Phil finish a sentence without interrupting fijfifif I crave the day Phil will tell him to shut the fuck up and let him finish because I, too, need someone to tell me to shut the fuck up. I relate to you Dan. We're geminis. We can't shut up. But let me hear Phil
Yes absolutely... I'm gonna get real, real mushy here, excuse that, but... everything about Phil is just warmer with Dan around. The fondness and love and affection and joy just radiate off of him when he and Dan are in one of those conversations that make listeners feel like they're third-wheeling a private convo.

Also full agree with the moderation being absolutely horrible.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat
pastel persona

Dan talking about dreams involving Phil reminds me of the II dvd commentary where he just casually dropped "when I dream about you now I dream about you with a quiff" and I was shook for days
mitsleo
tol bean

Ok Phil has achieved the proper boomer status! He changed his insta profile picture by cropping dan out😂. Dan is definitely gonna bring this up on thursday.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

liola wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:27 pm That stereo show was very very cute but the moderation is TERRIBLE. Nevermind the timing of the replies, but the fact that they would pop up while one of them was speaking was so annoying?
Strong agree on the moderation being a bit shit. I think some of it like the delay and disjointedness in message content to the current conversation is something that is probably mostly due to the app being new-ish and the voice message thing not being very fleshed out into something that scales to dnp's scale well. It would be nice if dnp could see like a time stamp (like 3 minutes ago, etc.) of when it was initially sent or something like that to be prepared for what the person is likely to be talking about.
On the messages playing and interrupting… that was Dan doing that smh. They choose when to actually play the messages and Dan did some sort of 'wow let's move on quickly *plays message*' several times. On occasion I think it could be a funny use but he did it enough times in the last show that it did annoy me quite a bit by the end.
mitsleo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:07 pm Ok Phil has achieved the proper boomer status! He changed his insta profile picture by cropping dan out😂. Dan is definitely gonna bring this up on thursday.
I noticed that he changed it and I'm like lmao?? why?? did he like the picture better than the last one? is he doing it for the lolz? I really don't understand him.

There is so much content these days I feel like I can't keep up with writing out all my thoughts on everything.. like I have a Life that I have to attend to :/ But one of my fav moments from yesterday's show was the two toilet discussion (reminded me of Phil mentioning the same thing in a sims episode?) and Phil being like 'Imagine if it's like a husband and wife and they're like 'oh we both need to go at the same time. Let's hold hands, honey'' and Dan's following cackle and him beginning to repeat 'Lets's-' like he's imagining the horror of it really got me :lol: And the later discussion about 'wierd hotels on tour' with glass bathroom walls and the unnecessaryness. And tbh I agree, I don't get it.

Also I may have finally caved and set up a twitter/insta to post my occational shitty phandom memes to... every day I dig myself a little bit deeper. Joining you all in hell :ribena:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart: