Dan & Phil Part 99: OnlyPhans

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

The sleeves of the jacket.... he looks like he got into a fight with someone
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

kavat wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:27 pm Double posting because Student Pride posted this dear caught in headlights

I love him. I love that he tries to push the boundaries of fashion. But truly, whoever was saying those jeans do not go with the rest of the look, y'all were right.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I look forward to Dan's outfit choices continuing to spark debate! (I still really like the overall look a lot and am digging the clasped hands pose.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Why can I hear Phil in my head making a dad joke about how Dan should have gotten a discount since his shirt is missing some material in the arms?
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I feel a little bad for him y'know? He's got the spirit bless him!

He mentioned wishing he could have a stylist in the mukbang and one of the stereo shows, if only psychic vibes worked cos today's psychic brain waves to Dan would be dude...you can book a stylist for a day! Joseph Crone would be a great one to use, he works with other youtubers as well as doing fancy designer campaigns etc.

To be fair to Dan, the lighting in that picture is odd, his hands are darker than his face, you'd think they could have edited the picture before setting it live.
madytastic
dank meme

wait i actually like the sleeves tho...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okayy this is both cute and hilarious
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

so phil really do be hating us, huh?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:52 pm so phil really do be hating us, huh?
It's been two and a half weeks since he asked for more questions I never answer, so I wonder if he decided to scrap that or if moving really took off all of a sudden and he didn't get a chance to film before they left?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
glitterintheair
phillluminati

If only Phil had a membership thing going on so could update his subscribers - who are paying him every month for some reason - about the situation. Too bad that’s not the case... or is it?
Look, I understand he’s busy moving but also if he’s got the time to play games, surely he’s got the time to write a post, c’mon Phil.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Levitating
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:10 pm okayy this is both cute and hilarious

This is oh so extremely cute, but also sign of what I am saying! Like him, there are going to be so many men ready to give it a go and flirt with Dan now that he's out! The original, safe but also so limited couple dynamics DnP were able to keep and which kept them together are going to be challenged for the first time in 10 years.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Levitating wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:04 am
This is oh so extremely cute, but also sign of what I am saying! Like him, there are going to be so many men ready to give it a go and flirt with Dan now that he's out! The original, safe but also so limited couple dynamics DnP were able to keep and which kept them together are going to be challenged for the first time in 10 years.
You make a good point that Dan being out as gay gives men license to flirt with him (though I am sure some did before, anyway), but when he was presumed straight, surely women felt they could flirt with him!

In fact, we know that guys flirted with Dan in the past because he told us (from BIG timestamps):
Really, if you ask me, I don’t think anyone’s totally straight. I think there’s a lot of social and emotional issues getting in the way of yet-to-be-understood feelings of attraction that can be very flexible. And, trust me, I’ve known a lot of “straight guys” until a couple of drinks, some deep conversation, and lingering eye contact. And suddenly they just start leaning in. What does that make them?
Dan's a very attractive--and nice!--guy. I'm sure that, for better or worse, he gets hit on more than the average person does, and by a wide range of people. Being the subject of widespread attraction puts him in a good position to appreciate that humans' feelings of attraction can be very flexible.

Anyway, for the entirety of their relationship, this has been something they have dealt with (obviously successfully).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Philena
blobfish

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 am
It's been two and a half weeks since he asked for more questions I never answer, so I wonder if he decided to scrap that or if moving really took off all of a sudden and he didn't get a chance to film before they left?
I have actually been wondering if he didn't head up north to see his parents before the actual move. They could be fully vaccinated by now.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Philena wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:19 pm
onceinaugust wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 am
I have actually been wondering if he didn't head up north to see his parents before the actual move. They could be fully vaccinated by now.
I just checked the Isle of Man travel restrictions - it looks like the strict border closing is lifted, but non residents still have to apply to visit but it's only allowed for 'compassionate and contractual applications' so basically... if someone died/is dying, or if you have work there. Phil's parents could have traveled to London if they wanted to really go all out for it, residents are able to freely travel by air or sea but they have a mandatory 21 day isolation upon return, with the option to test on day 14.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil Community Post wrote:BREAKING NEWS - A new Phil video is in the toaster It will be randomly popping up at some point in the next 57 hours.

Just thought I’d take a lil break from editing to chat to you guys for a bit! Firstly how are you doing? Say hi to your pet from me! If you don’t have a pet your.. plant? Or other inanimate object nearby.

So how am I? I’m halfway between excited and stressed - strexcited? That sounds dodgy. It turns out coordinating builders and electricians and organising sofas to be delivered is more of a challenge than we thought! We had a moving date which after some issues is now a moved moving date but we will move in MAY.. (please cross all your body parts as mine have actually started to become cardboard.) Knowing my luck it will probably coincide with the day Dan’s book comes out so I’ll be dealing with a giant van while he’s doing interviews and cool things that I probably shouldn’t accidentally leak in a community post

I’ve also been working with team IRL on some new merch that is almost here! A spoiler is that I have a new candle which smells absolutely delicious, the entire house smells like I want to eat it. There’s also an almost illegally comfy hoodie on the way. It could be as here as soon as next week, I might need to get a haircut before the photoshoot though as I look like a category 10 mess ..which gives me an idea actually..

In my small amount of free time I made the mistake of starting Persona 5 Royal! It was a mistake as this game is so addictive I’m tempted to make a dramatic exit from the internet and live in that universe for the next 9 months. The constant mentions of the phandom and phan-sites is mildly off-putting though (check my tweet if you need some context for this!)

Also rainbow cacti! Your video is coming soon, I haven't forgotten I just noticed a lot of rainbows were going to appear in the following couple of weeks from my first post, so if you didn't comment on the last post and have a rainbow cactus leave a comment here, (with how to pronounce your name) and I’ll get you in the video.🌵🌈

Anyways I’m going to jump back into the edit. You may be seeing my face quite a bit over the next weeks as I have some more videos planned, (and I’ll see who I can drag onto camera), I guess we’ll see!

Over and snout
AmazingPhil
It better be an Ohros candle. I'm kind of obsessed with them now.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I don't know why just reading about someone else moving makes me stressed, but it does! There are a couple of people I follow on social media who are also in the process of moving, and I am equally stressed reading about their moving logistics, and I have one IRL friend who is moving across the country tomorrow and I'm helping them load the van and I'm quite sad about them going but also happy for their new adventure. So yeah, Phil's right, it is this very heightened state of stress and excitement, and I imagine more of it is probably falling on Phil's shoulders as Dan's book release gets closer.

I may have to sympathy eat some marshmallows after reading this community post :-)
Levitating
#relatable

That sounded so "married"!!

"Knowing my luck it will probably coincide with the day Dan’s book comes out "
" (and I’ll see who I can drag onto camera)"

Also, lol, whoever wrote "such a pity Phil doesn't have a community board" truly manifested this hahah XX

And hurray for having his face around "quite a bit over the next weeks". I desperately need it <3
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I feel Phil, why it takes a sofa so long to arrive is a mystery. IDK if it's a UK thing but our last one took 2 months..is it the same everywhere else?

I love the 'and I'll see who I can drag onto camera'. Phil's like the cool mum dragging the moany dad on a night out even though the dad does secretly want to go and just likes being a pain :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It's totally a hair cutting video where Dan cuts Phil's hair, right? Phil is dropping some anvil hints there.
kavat
pastel persona

fruitcriminals wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:00 pm I feel Phil, why it takes a sofa so long to arrive is a mystery. IDK if it's a UK thing but our last one took 2 months..is it the same everywhere else?
I don't know if you wanted an actual answer, but the actual answer is that sofas, beds and other large furniture are very very expensive to keep in warehouses so they are often made to order. And it takes about 6-8 weeks to have a sofa made and shipped, often from the baltics/eastern Europe where there are a lot of furniture factories.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

kavat wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 pm
fruitcriminals wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:00 pm I feel Phil, why it takes a sofa so long to arrive is a mystery. IDK if it's a UK thing but our last one took 2 months..is it the same everywhere else?
I don't know if you wanted an actual answer, but the actual answer is that sofas, beds and other large furniture are very very expensive to keep in warehouses so they are often made to order. And it takes about 6-8 weeks to have a sofa made and shipped, often from the baltics/eastern Europe where there are a lot of furniture factories.
Ah that makes so much sense. Thank you! I wish they would stop saying 'yes we have this in stock in the warehouse' then aaah! Sofa shops are liars confirmed.

Anyway on a DNP related note someone's posted the video they put on the private stereo winners instagram. I've tried to embed it four times and I apparently don't know what i'm doing so here's the link for someone with a big brain that does know:
Last edited by lefthandedism on Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil tweet!
and a reply
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Please continue here! :foreverhome: :rainbowtears: