Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
interruptfireworks
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

parallel wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 pm Dan has now clarified that he was joking about not washing his feet. Well how were we supposed to know. You're a white man; you may have been serious about it.

Also I don't know if I believe him or if he's just trying to save face. If anyone's going to meet Dan at some point, sniff his feet for us all and report back.
i mean i've only watched the video once but from what i remember he sounded pretty serious so i think he might be trying to save face :shrug:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So he updated the video description, tweeted responses to people, AND made an ig story claiming he washes his feet? Yeah the boy doth protest too much. This is the must amusing controversy and it must be really eating him up that that one comment was the takeaway for the video, lmao.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:41 pm So he updated the video description, tweeted responses to people, AND made an ig story claiming he washes his feet? Yeah the boy doth protest too much. This is the must amusing controversy and it must be really eating him up that that one comment was the takeaway for the video, lmao.
'The great feet debate' sjdiuhsdk I'm creasin'.
feenix
squish
Pronouns: she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:41 pm So he updated the video description, tweeted responses to people, AND made an ig story claiming he washes his feet? Yeah the boy doth protest too much. This is the must amusing controversy and it must be really eating him up that that one comment was the takeaway for the video, lmao.
He also made sure we knew it about 5 times in the Birmingham show ahaha
kavat
pastel persona

See this is why he needs Phil there to look over the final edit, to remove or clarify things like this. Dan gets so in his head sometimes that he thinks it's perfectly fine to go on a rant about how no one washes their feet and then get surprised when people believe him :lol:
gnostic
stress mushroom

Honestly I might switch on the side of Those People who claim Phil is in an abusive gaslit relationship because if he hadn't told his man to wash his feet in 12 years...what in the straight man standards
Just here for the marketing skills
literally_formless
glabella

Maybe Phil shouldn't have thrown out that inflatable footbath before they moved
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

This is a super delayed reaction to the video, but honestly nothing Dan said surprised me in any capacity. Assumptions that Dan was a bottom existed in phandom from the very start and I think that stemmed from Dan always being in juxtaposition to Phil and the stereotypes that come from the fact that Phil was older, there was an unbalanced power dynamic early on, the way they generally behaved, etcetc. And I'm not suggesting any of those assumptions were ok, but that's... how phandom decided to roll, I guess. Dan liking that Virgin America pride tweet in like 2015 also did not help...

But like... realistically, these are men for whom smoking a cigarette and kissing a girl is some kind of *~ dramatic reveal~*. And that part of them isn't new. Yeah, they're really tall white men... But like... really tall white men that ate lunch by themselves in a hallway corner of Vidcon. They're the kind of guys who had personalized marshmallows made for someone. I know the point of my post is that Assumptions Are Bad, but... like I honestly just assumed every BDSM joke was just as much bullshit as every "I want to fuck the next hot guy I see" joke from the both of them. An exaggeration coming from zero experience, because they're in a relatively(!!!) vanilla, long-term relationship.

IDK. Maybe in a Tell All book down the line, we'll all be wrong in every way. But that's where I'm at.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some fun from today's meet and greet:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

gnostic
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:59 pm
But like... realistically, these are men for whom smoking a cigarette and kissing a girl is some kind of *~ dramatic reveal~*. And that part of them isn't new. Yeah, they're really tall white men... But like... really tall white men that ate lunch by themselves in a hallway corner of Vidcon. They're the kind of guys who had personalized marshmallows made for someone. I know the point of my post is that Assumptions Are Bad, but... like I honestly just assumed every BDSM joke was just as much bullshit as every "I want to fuck the next hot guy I see" joke from the both of them. An exaggeration coming from zero experience, because they're in a relatively(!!!) vanilla, long-term relationship.

IDK. Maybe in a Tell All book down the line, we'll all be wrong in every way. But that's where I'm at.
They made personalised marshmallows as a gift for someone?? PLEASE I HAVE TO KNOW. My BDSM lifestyle relationship living ass must copy this genius idea immediately
Just here for the marketing skills
kavat
pastel persona

gnostic wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:45 pm
rizzo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:59 pm

They made personalised marshmallows as a gift for someone?? PLEASE I HAVE TO KNOW. My BDSM lifestyle relationship living ass must copy this genius idea immediately
Yeah :)
starsandshards
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:05 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If anyone is in London/going to the London show on the 23rd - we're having a meetup before the show! It'll be around 1 pm at the bandstand in Hyde Park. Me, Emma, Rizzo and some other IDBers will be there - ANYONE is welcome, though!! You can let me know or you can just show up. For anyone with meet and greet, there's a bus that goes directly from the park to the venue so the plan is just go from one place to the other.

(I'll also have a ton of American snacks to shove at you. Please come take the food I refuse to take it home.)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:14 pm If anyone is in London/going to the London show on the 23rd - we're having a meetup before the show! It'll be around 1 pm at the bandstand in Hyde Park.
BRB flying to london from america to hang out with all of you.

ETA: the whole washing feet debate I found hilarious, like my dude, do you not know any observant Muslims?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Omg, ‘Dodmed’ wonderful, great job, bracelet-makers. A nearly-lifesize cardboard Phil at Dan’s meet and greet, now I’ve (almost) seen it all. Bless her, wonderful idea. And a glow in the dark slug, such a good tiny Dan gift 🥺

BDSM covers a load of stuff and can be so casual, I assumed they did some just from Phil saying ‘spank him!’ in that Akinator video, but that’s also just two words, so once again who knows.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Has anyone gone to one of Dan's shows with someone who doesn't usually follow him/Phil? I'm planning on taking a friend who watched them very occasionally in 2014 but hasn't watched Dan since. Did they still find it enjoyable (especially if they're not LGBTQ+)? Just wondering how much pre and post explaining I'm going to have to do.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
nicky1388
spork

omg. i am just a month and away from meeting Dan and i am TERRIFIED. like what do i say to this man in my 1 or 2 minutes of time? how do i not cry??

also, i wonder if anyone else is keeping themselves as unspoiled as possible? i am not watching any clips or reading the transcript.
literally_formless
glabella

nicky1388 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:40 am omg. i am just a month and away from meeting Dan and i am TERRIFIED. like what do i say to this man in my 1 or 2 minutes of time? how do i not cry??

also, i wonder if anyone else is keeping themselves as unspoiled as possible? i am not watching any clips or reading the transcript.
I'm also trying to stay relatively unspoiled. Not too much longer to go ....
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm sitting at the gate waiting on my flight to London!! I still have three hours to wait since they moved my first flight up but... I'd rather be early than late ig.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oof, tagging our delightful prime minister ;) which iOS just corrected to ‘mini tater’ cos I mistyped a bit.
kavat
pastel persona

Phil disappears for weeks and returns with this fantastic video idea :stan:
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

kavat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:24 pm Phil disappears for weeks and returns with this fantastic video idea :stan:
Genuinely so excited for this, Philly you'd better do this right. I need some Actual Fashion along with the silliness! Give the man a high concept dress or skirt plz he can be the new Harry Styles.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

PJ talked about going to the Brighton show during today's stream. He mentioned he might meet up with Dan and Phil at the last show in Iceland and take a lil vacation with them. He also said the show was great and that he enjoyed it. He was interested to see what Dan did on his own.
literally_formless
glabella

A week later, Dan's bleeped the c-word and gotten his most recent video re-monetized. :lol: