General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
mintsans
sofa crease

bluntedclaws wrote:
Philena wrote:Okay, bluntedclaws, I completely understand. I have not told a soul irl of my phan obsession. There will be literally 4 TATINOF shows with a 2 hour drive from me, but I'm too much of a wuss to arrange babysitting for my secret addiction. I am a bisexual atheist in a conservative area, yet being a part of the phandom is my real secret.

I feel for you! coming out turned out OK for me...it might be OK for you too. A choice of four dates is too good an opportunity to waste imo! Alternatively, just don't tell the babysitter what show you're going to. Just let them assume it's something really highbrow. ;)
Just tell them you're going to an avant garde theatrical show ("*dan voice* do you even know what avant garde is??" ) as inspired by the works of the late TS Geisel
FiveyWho
tol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

mintsans wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:
Philena wrote:Okay, bluntedclaws, I completely understand. I have not told a soul irl of my phan obsession. There will be literally 4 TATINOF shows with a 2 hour drive from me, but I'm too much of a wuss to arrange babysitting for my secret addiction. I am a bisexual atheist in a conservative area, yet being a part of the phandom is my real secret.

I feel for you! coming out turned out OK for me...it might be OK for you too. A choice of four dates is too good an opportunity to waste imo! Alternatively, just don't tell the babysitter what show you're going to. Just let them assume it's something really highbrow. ;)
Just tell them you're going to an avant garde theatrical show ("*dan voice* do you even know what avant garde is??" ) as inspired by the works of the late TS Geisel
Seconded!
If asked about the plot just say that it "raises a lot of questions about the nature of relationships" :lol:
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Dying.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
majitzu
angel bean

FiveyWho wrote: Seconded!
If asked about the plot just say that it "raises a lot of questions about the nature of relationships" :lol:
That's all their life not only the show
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

blueapple_x wrote: I'm glad you decided to go! It's also good because now I won't be the only Toronto rep for tatinof here to write a review lol. Have you bought your tickets yet?
Not yet. The thing is, there is one wheelchair-plus-companion seat available on Saturday. Saturday would be kind of cool as we could probably send the kids away for the weekend and maybe book a hotel and have kind of a mini getaway. The one seat that's left is at the back of the orchestra though. :cry: I'd really prefer to sit closer if possible.
There are several wheelchair spaces left on Sunday but we haven't found anyone who is available to babysit on Sunday. I considered driving myself down on Sunday but I'm scared I'll get stuck and need rescuing.
We'll figure something out!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
blueapple_x
flower crown

bluntedclaws wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: I'm glad you decided to go! It's also good because now I won't be the only Toronto rep for tatinof here to write a review lol. Have you bought your tickets yet?
Not yet. The thing is, there is one wheelchair-plus-companion seat available on Saturday. Saturday would be kind of cool as we could probably send the kids away for the weekend and maybe book a hotel and have kind of a mini getaway. The one seat that's left is at the back of the orchestra though. :cry: I'd really prefer to sit closer if possible.
There are several wheelchair spaces left on Sunday but we haven't found anyone who is available to babysit on Sunday. I considered driving myself down on Sunday but I'm scared I'll get stuck and need rescuing.
We'll figure something out!
I hope you find someone to watch your kids so you can attend! Or maybe you could bring them if they're not too young
silverwinter
spork

Hey guys, so I finally started using the account I made here after weeks of being too lazy to do so lol. And I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm hoping this is the right place??

So, basically, I have a dilemma with TATINOF. I bought my tickets the day they came on sale, thinking everything would work out perfectly fine. However, last month, I found out that my TATINOF show (the only one I can go to and the one I bought tickets for) is on the same day as my senior prom.

Now, I don't know if I should continue with my initial plan of going to the show or to go to prom instead. The money isn't an issue (I can just sell my TATINOF tickets if need be), but...I don't know if the show is worth going to over prom. I went to junior prom last year and thought it was alright (but preferred afterprom which I can still go to after TATINOF anyways), but everyone raves about senior prom being a once-in-lifetime opportunity...but isn't TATINOF also? I don't know. I don't have VIP tickets, so I can't meet them and I don't know if I want to go the show that badly...But, at the same time, prom is just a dance, so I don't know if that's really more important than TATINOF. Also, if I went to prom, I do have a good date option (as in, there's someone that I could go with that I also want to go with)...

I don't know, I was just wondering, from the standpoint of people who have seen the show/anyone with any constructive opinions, if they think TATINOF would be worthy of going to over prom.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

silverwinter wrote: I don't know, I was just wondering, from the standpoint of people who have seen the show/anyone with any constructive opinions, if they think TATINOF would be worthy of going to over prom.
How sentimental are you? I mean will you regret missing your prom? tbh my Senior Prom was so fucking boring that I would rather have watched Star Trek reruns, but I am also the type of person who skipped University graduation because I couldn't be arsed to sit through the ceremony, and got married in a registry office with about 4 people there and went out for beers afterwards, so my personal choice if I were you would be all the way, but this very much depends on how much you're looking forward to prom and if you and your friends are going to make a big thing of it, or if you're just going because you don't have anything better to do...
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

adequack wrote:
silverwinter wrote: I don't know, I was just wondering, from the standpoint of people who have seen the show/anyone with any constructive opinions, if they think TATINOF would be worthy of going to over prom.
How sentimental are you? I mean will you regret missing your prom? tbh my Senior Prom was so fucking boring that I would rather have watched Star Trek reruns, but I am also the type of person who skipped University graduation because I couldn't be arsed to sit through the ceremony, and got married in a registry office with about 4 people there and went out for beers afterwards, so my personal choice if I were you would be all the way, but this very much depends on how much you're looking forward to prom and if you and your friends are going to make a big thing of it, or if you're just going because you don't have anything better to do...
+1, minus the wedding Take into account too that you still can go to the afterprom, so you will be able to show off your dress, dance and take pictures with your friends
blueapple_x
flower crown

adequack wrote:
^^Agreed. Yeah it kinda depends on how sentimental you are tbh. I didn't go to my uni graduation either and I still don't regret it lol. However, I went to prom and had fun because of the people I was with (even though the food tasted like shit).

Is it possible for you to attend another tatinof show in a different city silverwinter? Because if it is, then I'd say go to prom? Especially if there's a date you want to go with. Since you said you don't have VIP tickets and you seem to have reservations about going to tatinof (is it because you don't have VIP tickets or because you're just unsure about going to the show in general?), you could always wait until they release the tour dvd/video (which may or may not feature a full length show--we don't know yet)? So that's another thing to keep in mind.

I'm going to tatinof soon and haven't seen the show yet (although I've seen/read loads of spoilers hehe), and everyone judges things differently but so far everyone is saying it's worth seeing if you have a chance. I had my reservations about going for the longest time but I caved last minute because I didn't want to regret it knowing that I was fully capable of going.

I don't know if any of this is helpful as it really just depends on 1) how sentimental you are---would you potentially regret missing senior prom? and 2) how much you like Dan and Phil/think it's worth seeing. Maybe take a look at some spoilers to see if it's worth your while to go?
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

I haven't seen TATINOF, but let me tell you, everyone told me that prom was a once-in-a-life-time experience and that I would regret not going to it yada yada and four years out, I have no regrets about spending my night on tumblr rather than at a glorified school dance. And I even had a date and a bunch of friends and a dress and pretty much the entire school body begging me to go.

You are right, TATINOF is also a once-in-a-life-time experience, so it really comes down to which one means more to you. But rest assured that both are going to be fun experiences with people you enjoy (even if the only people you "know" at TATINOF is D&P), so I don't think you can make the wrong choice :^)
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

blueapple_x wrote:
I hope you find someone to watch your kids so you can attend! Or maybe you could bring them if they're not too young
We didn't find anyone to watch the kids on Sunday night so I've bought tickets for Saturday. Sorry I won't get to say 'hi' to you blueapple_x. The seats are the very back row of the orchestra which sucks but at least I get to go :D :D :D
My kids would actually probably enjoy the show. They've both watched some of the D&P games videos and I keep finding my son flicking through TABINOF but it's expensive for 4 and they hate long drives. If it weren't for the fact that I have a lot of trouble getting around at the moment and need help I would probably have just gone with my daughter as I'm sure my husband isn't going to enjoy it. :sideeye:
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
blueapple_x
flower crown

bluntedclaws wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
We didn't find anyone to watch the kids on Sunday night so I've bought tickets for Saturday. Sorry I won't get to say 'hi' to you blueapple_x. The seats are the very back row of the orchestra which sucks but at least I get to go :D :D :D
My kids would actually probably enjoy the show. They've both watched some of the D&P games videos and I keep finding my son flicking through TABINOF but it's expensive for 4 and they hate long drives. If it weren't for the fact that I have a lot of trouble getting around at the moment and need help I would probably have just gone with my daughter as I'm sure my husband isn't going to enjoy it. :sideeye:
That's alright, at least you get to go! I'm happy you got seats!

It'll be good to have a "representative" for both Saturday and Sunday anyway

And who knows, I've seen a lot of people trying to sell tickets they bought so maybe there'll be some empty seats closer to the front that you could go to?
sweetmm
angel bean

sweetmm wrote:I think I preferred the gold jackets
FiveyWho
tol bean

bluntedclaws wrote: If it weren't for the fact that I have a lot of trouble getting around at the moment and need help I would probably have just gone with my daughter as I'm sure my husband isn't going to enjoy it. :sideeye:
You might be surprised, there were a lot of disgruntled parents are the beginning of my show who left with smiles
sweetmm
angel bean

Another spoiler TATINOF pics
SquishPhan
capita£ester

sweetmm wrote:Another spoiler TATINOF pics
Loving all these pics, they and the set all look great.
kgilbe99
first-time poster

Okay so I'm going to TATINOF in Baltimore and when I was buying the tickets there was no option to buy VIP. All it said was that there were "standerd" tickets. However, the tickets I bought were quite expensive ($100) so my friend and I were just assuming they were VIP. Does anyone else know anything about this? Has this happened to anyone else and is it safe to assume we do have VIP tickets?
jess
living flop

kgilbe99 wrote:Okay so I'm going to TATINOF in Baltimore and when I was buying the tickets there was no option to buy VIP. All it said was that there were "standerd" tickets. However, the tickets I bought were quite expensive ($100) so my friend and I were just assuming they were VIP. Does anyone else know anything about this? Has this happened to anyone else and is it safe to assume we do have VIP tickets?
$110 + fees each? & are you in the front few (4-5) rows of the orchestra? If so, then I'd assume they're VIP. I'd contact the theatre (just shoot them an email) & just confirm. I bought some that were marked as standard tickets, then later got an email from the venue basically saying, "Hey! We fucked up! You have VIP tickets, sorry for not telling you!" :roll:
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

FiveyWho wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote: If it weren't for the fact that I have a lot of trouble getting around at the moment and need help I would probably have just gone with my daughter as I'm sure my husband isn't going to enjoy it. :sideeye:
You might be surprised, there were a lot of disgruntled parents are the beginning of my show who left with smiles
So my husband is currently sitting on the deck with (what was, but is no longer) a very large drink and TABINOF. I guess I'll wait until he comes back in to ask what he thinks.
sweetmm
angel bean

Another TATINOF spoiler
ImageImage
phanther
SquishPhan
capita£ester

sweetmm wrote:Another TATINOF spoiler
ImageImage
phanther
So cute! They are both looking good.
kay
phabergé

sweetmm wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I think I preferred the gold jackets
The expression on Dan's face is hilarious to me but I am here for gratuitous Dan thigh pics and can this go in the body part menagerie
blueapple_x
flower crown

Approx. how many people do D+P see for tatinof M&Gs?
human
dan hand trash

kgilbe99 wrote:Okay so I'm going to TATINOF in Baltimore and when I was buying the tickets there was no option to buy VIP. All it said was that there were "standerd" tickets. However, the tickets I bought were quite expensive ($100) so my friend and I were just assuming they were VIP. Does anyone else know anything about this? Has this happened to anyone else and is it safe to assume we do have VIP tickets?
I think they sound like standard tix, VIP was more than that I think? NY had standard orchestra tix for $120 but idk if their taxes or higher than other states. Pretty sure you'd have received an email or seen something on the tickets if they were VIP!