Dan & Phil Part 9: The most fun we've ever had

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Damn the #rulegate again? We are not only having a drought, we are in the fucking sahara desert!

Anyway I'm not familiar with iPhone's UI so i will leave the sherlocking to you guys. But let wanna let you guys know that younow is 480p, which is higher resolution than youtube, you guys can check that if you want
shezza
crusty sponge

Ticia wrote:Mmm I don't know if I'd want them to play Singstar, it's not that exciting and they've already sung in some ls. I'd love a Just Dance #2 instead

A bit of off topic: just casually found this on a danisnotonfirevyou1 ( :cry: ) video comment:

This happened in a Phil's LS (August 2015 approx.), when his SIM card was corrupted or something like that. He received a message, said it was his mum but a dedicated phan zoomed the image and well, it looks like a DM from danisnotonfire I still can't see the point of messaging your damn flatmate, so if anyone misses the topic of the DP house rules on the piano...
to me it definitely looks like 'iPhone' before the question mark. though i can also see (imagine) 'setting up' afterwards.

(how funny is the look on phil's face though? it seems to stay frozen for a few whole seconds as well)

edit: i just re watched it again on younow and i'm fairly sure it says '[...] show?', so never mind :shock:
bee
phabergé

The Bingo card tweets don't interest me very much but they still feel nice at the same time. It is a little bit like he's checking in isn't it.

Edit: oh I'm slow
Lurktacularr
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I just realised I've been bitching about the content drought for all eternity and I've gone about my usual posting about bullshit and not even said anything about agario. What the hell am I?

I actually really liked it and have already re-watched it. I just thought they were really funny in it and there were a couple of cute bits between them. Parts I lolled at under the spoiler cos its long ting:
- 0:00 the very start, where Dan elbows Phil in the neck trying to 'absorb' him and the change to a bemused facial expression on Phil mid-sentence when he works out what Dan was doing
- 1:04 Dan's facial expression when he realises he can be Doge (even though I'm well over memelord!dan it was quite adorbs) and their little smiles to each other when Phil tells him he can be that one later on. Blink and you'll miss it, but I noticed and thought it was cute.
- 2:40 'is that Donald Trump?' 'that's Putin you idiot' and Phil's laugh. Then Phil starts to sing 'i know how to..' and stops but interesting cos that sing-talking thing is something we usually only see Dan do. Always wonder how much of each others' habits they have really picked up away from the camera, and who each one originated with. I bet like 90%.
- 3:00 Phil's laugh. That is all.
- 3:32 Dan saying 'Fuck outta here Mr Lizard'. I fancied him a /lot/ in this moment, idk why.
- 4:47 'frickin wrecked' and then 'oh that felt good Dan' and Dan just giggles a bit ;)
- 5:02 the circle breaking up into a million pieces and the sound-effect they put over it had me dying. I've never seen agario before so it surprised me and I thought it was hilarious. This is the kind of thing that Dan screaming about would have kind of ruined but the way they were just like ???? made it even funnier to me
- 5:15 of course 'you got stung by the hot pussy' was a highlight. It was the way he looked back at Phil all smug waiting for Phil to be like :o and got nothing which made him like :? which was funnier though. Also what was that sound-effect over that part, like a little whine? Didn't get it at all.
- 5:30 'make... the grid great again' also had me lolling cos Trump's just such a joke and I enjoy Dan dragging him a bit
[- 6:40 'kanst du nicht' -10 points. Retire that phrase Dan, it was barely funny the first time in like 2013]
- 7:10 Dan's snort and 'welcome to me' :lol:
- 10:35 Phil saying 'now they just wanna lick my butt' was... yeah. Cool. I was Dan in this moment.
- 11:35 Phil fucking up bad style and finding it hilarious. Particularly enjoyed him hunched over laughing.
- 12:30 Phil failing even harder thinking he'd died, and his laugh afterwards was hilarious. His look over at Dan too when he was laughing was cute. Dan's despair was quite justified this time.
- 13:15 enjoyed Dan dragging his arm over Phil's chest because fundamentally I'm thirsty and phan trash. Sue me.

Anyway as you can tell by the length of that ^ I liked it. Wouldn't necessarily want another, but liked it.

Thought I'd do a Big Long Post about it since we've all been craving content... they put out c15 mins of content, we give it half a page and then we're like SO, BOOBS AND HOUSEPLANTS

Edit - put the timestamps under a spoiler cos damn that shit was longer than I expected :shock:
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

akui wrote:Damn the #rulegate again? We are not only having a drought, we are in the fucking sahara desert!

Anyway I'm not familiar with iPhone's UI so i will leave the sherlocking to you guys. But let wanna let you guys know that younow is 480p, which is higher resolution than youtube, you guys can check that if you want
Screenshots from YouNow:
busy being happy~
phamnotof
morning quiff

Oh god the message thing is making me curious. I deleted all of my useless anti-blur programes from the RULES, but got some more screenshots in case someone can see something in them. Because damn. That does look like @danisnotonfire & it's almost definitely a direct tweet. So why would he say it's a mum text? And he says she texted him asking when he's coming to visit, too, which is just the most generic thing you can make up on the spot.
(the quality of the YN archived broadcast is slightly better than the YT repost, so if anyone can do something with that, I'm all... bored & curious :D)
iero
phabergé

i wasn't that fussed over the agar.io video on first watch but i've watched it twice since and i liked it better each time. i had no interest in the game but now i keep playing it :(
ngl i'm still feeling the content drought even after a new video... i think it's because of the lack of live streams, i had no idea it'd have such an effect tbh

i like how we've resorted to the rules 2.0, i couldn't make out anything in the rules nor the dm. idk how yall do it

just gonna throw it out there how eager i am for an undertale video. thank god it's the next gaming video but i wish they were uploaded more frequently rather than flash games.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

daphenaxa wrote: MTE I mean that video was ok because they can make anything entertaining to me and they were both quite relaxed and "real" like I didn't think they were forcing a script. But my god that game

What's the point? I don't get it. What's next? Are they gonna play candy crush? or that thing were you cut the fruits in half? I don't get it.
Hahah, don't encourage them to play Candy Crush because the kind of games they've done other than Sims & Undertale are in the direction of Candy Crush!! I can imagine it now "we're playing it because so many people have requested it", yeah sure :lol: :lol:

I find that I get bored easily with these types of games, as much as I like D&P, I don't find they make it that interesting but I think that's because I watched the Donkey Kong series and wow, I forgot how good it was, it was so funny. They are hilarious in it, especially when they think they are on their last life and are going to game over. It just reminds me of how casual they are when playing those kind of games. Them playing Sonic back in 2009/2010 is one of my favourite videos because it's so natural.

I remember we discussed the twitter message on GG - I'll see if I can find any of the posts from around that time because I'm sure we decided it said "should i be in this liveshow" as Phil was describing the 7 second challenge app.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

This is a summary of the Tyler Oakley Tumblr drama, for the people that missed it.
Trigger Warning :
Tyler Oakley being piss-poor at damage control.
On April 25th, Tyler reblogged this on Tumblr:

He quickly deleted it and claimed it was an accidental reblog, according to this Twitter reply.

Another tweet from Tyler about the ''intrusive'' reblog:

I get that was trying to keep things vague and general to avoid further scandal, but somehow he managed to add more fuel to the flames.

On May 1st, he reblogged another Phan-related post that he deleted afterwards:

This isn't a particularly scandalous post from a self-proclaimed Phan shipper, but he was probably already hyper-aware of the drama he caused by reblogging the first post. This also led people to speculate that he might have gotten a lovely DM from Phil.
Bonus fun:
oqua's wonderful recreation of what a Phil DM probably looks like

Was Tyler sucking up to Phil after his hypothetical passive-aggressive DM?
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
lilMango
morning quiff

It definitely looks like there's a word (maybe "what") followed with a question mark, then a few words after, maybe in parenthesis instead of a question mark?
And the last two words look like "tuning in" or "turning on" to me now.
Agh idk
Edit: Well, the first letter of the last word looks too much like a capital "U" to me, but idk.....
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I've literally been sending myself twitter DM's to test out what various messages would look like when they appeared as notifications.

Let me know if you have requests for messages to test!!

Twitter seems to have changed the "Message from @____" to just the person's name (not their twitter handle), so I made the name of the other account "Message from @dinof" ("Message from @danisnotonfire" was too long to fit).
And for the lulz:
Edit: I took a picture of one of the messages on my screen. Idk lol
It says "Should I be on this live show? Setting up the" and then Twitter shortened the last part to "Setting up..."
busy being happy~
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

The second bit of the message looks like "telling th" which i thought meant "telling them" about the app.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Maybe it's "Shouldn't I be in this live show?" (a bit sassy, but well)
lilMango
morning quiff

^^ I'm starting to think it's that, because the first and last words of the sentence look like "should/shouldn't I" and "live show" but the words in between don't look like "be in the."
A few other options may be:
"Should/shouldn't I be in your live show?"
"Should I be on time live show?" (idk that one isn't probable lol)
"Should/shouldn't I set up to live stream?"
to me it looks like "should I put on thing like yours?" but ahhhh it's confusing me the more I look at it
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
phamnotof
morning quiff

Idk why they wouldn't have agreed upon Dan being or not being on the ls beforehand, unless they had a domestic about it & Dan was being difficult. But man, not being allowed on the ls & then being called mum, that would be pretty if true.

Also, just watch Phil's reaction & how well he covers it up. He's such an excellent liar. It's kinda chilling & very impressive.
Last edited by phamnotof on Sun May 08, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
Ablissa wrote:I don't mind the fact that Phil's tweets often lack substance. What I do mind, though, is the fact that he always makes me hungry :sideeye:
Same! I really want waffles now. :lol:
Ehhh... It's just yet another instance of "the gluten free version of that is probably ru-hu-bbish, and it's not worth the crippling cramps and mouth ulcers and other less than pleasant effects..." :sideeye:

Anyway. Just been on a twitter scroll. Found this:
Le sigh. I am reeeeally missing the live shows. No show day tomorrow, isn't it? pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease... ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

phamnotof wrote:Idk why they wouldn't have agreed upon Dan being or not being on the ls beforehand, unless they had a domestic about it & Dan was being difficult. But man, not being allowed on the ls & then being called mum, that would be pretty if true.

Also, just watch Phil's reaction & how well he covers it up. He's such an excellent liar. It's kinda chilling & very impressive.
Phil's reaction is the best bit, he reads it and his face is so funny, like he's just been found out. Him carrying on the discussion though was such a good cover up.

I looked back on GG and everyone was convinced that it was Dan asking if he should be in the liveshow. The same day, Cat was coming to stay at theirs for SITC so people also speculated it was about her being on her way over. I've just watched it about four times and the message looks a bit different to me, I can't work out if it does say live show, as the word before the ? looks longer than 4 letters. I know not long after the show, Cat did turn up and they had sushi takeaway. I dunno if he was just messaging to say she was on her way! It'll be one of those mysteries, just like the rules.
phamnotof
morning quiff

news from phil trash #1 central
SquishPhan
capita£ester

phamnotof wrote:Image

Always has to defend his biffle.
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
phamnotof wrote:Image

Always has to defend his biffle.
Phil trash #1... also Trash Phil #1. The two go hand in hand. Fairly sure Phil gives as good as he gets though. :lol:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

After seeing your screenshot from his facebook, phamnotof, i went and had a look at his page because i rarely do, and his comment on the tour trailer really made me laugh. I can't remember discussing it before! Moon subscribers, haha! He has a good sense of humour.

SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote:After seeing your screenshot from his facebook, phamnotof, i went and had a look at his page because i rarely do, and his comment on the tour trailer really made me laugh. I can't remember discussing it before! Moon subscribers, haha! He has a good sense of humour.

:lol: Those are great. It must frustrating when people just keep asking, despite being told countless of times that as soon as they know for sure they will tell us.
gnostic
stress mushroom

bedhead91 wrote:This is a summary of the Tyler Oakley Tumblr drama, for the people that missed it.
Trigger Warning :
Tyler Oakley being piss-poor at damage control.
On April 25th, Tyler reblogged this on Tumblr:

He quickly deleted it and claimed it was an accidental reblog, according to this Twitter reply.

Another tweet from Tyler about the ''intrusive'' reblog:

I get that was trying to keep things vague and general to avoid further scandal, but somehow he managed to add more fuel to the flames.

On May 1st, he reblogged another Phan-related post that he deleted afterwards:

This isn't a particularly scandalous post from a self-proclaimed Phan shipper, but he was probably already hyper-aware of the drama he caused by reblogging the first post. This also led people to speculate that he might have gotten a lovely DM from Phil.
Bonus fun:
oqua's wonderful recreation of what a Phil DM probably looks like

Was Tyler sucking up to Phil after his hypothetical passive-aggressive DM?
Imma just go ahead and thank you for bringing me up to speed

See no reason for Ty to "suck up" to Phil, more like they were publicly showing everything was chill. But it's probably been discussed to death)
Just here for the marketing skills
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

phamnotof wrote:

I find it really sad that he does that. We can all see it's something from Twitter and there's nothing wrong with getting a Twitter message from someone. I actually thought he did get a text from his mum right after the DM until you guys pointed out he was lying to cover that up. I'm surprised I haven't completely turned off Phil for this lying malarkey, I think it's only cos I try to understand what it's been like having so many people interested in your every move
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Too bad, that would have been a great entrance.