Music thread (Kanye use limited)

sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Semi-final 1: The 10 songs qualified for the Grand Final
The happy 10 qualified for the Grand Final on Saturday: Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Malta, Netherlands, Russia
sweetmm
angel bean

Damn new eye, I mean ear candy ;)

In case you missed the announcement
ironic
lady door

So I spent this evening listening to the songs that got in the final as I had nothing better to do, and I think I'll be rooting for Hungary. I also liked contestants from Cyprus, Australia, Ukraine, Georgia and Bulgaria (in that order I guess). My country was less shit than I expected so I'm a bit relieved. I haven't watched Eurovision in ages but I might this year, I got pretty interested. :)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
sweetmm
angel bean

Semi-Final 2 - Qualifiers

Latvia - Justs - Heartbeat
Georgia - Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold
Bulgaria - Poli Genova - If Love Was a Crime
Australia - Dami Im - Sound of Silence
Ukraine - Jamala - 1944
Serbia - ZAA Sanja Vučić - Goodbye (Shelter)
Poland - Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life
Israel - Hovi Star - Made of Stars
Lithuania - Donny Montell - I‘ve been waiting for this night
Belgium - Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure

Lucet
spork

I'm a bit pissed Estonia and Iceland did not qualify. I mean, I want to marry Estonian lads voice. Good lord.
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

So guys, EUROVISION tonight!
Is there anything planned? Because I'm pretty much behind on all things Eurovision but I'm here for a fun evening chatting with you guys! :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Any other Frank Turner fans here? He popped up on my shower shuffle this morning and I've had love, ire & song on repeat since! ❤️
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
aralik
sad dimple

shikaritrash wrote:So guys, EUROVISION tonight!
Is there anything planned? Because I'm pretty much behind on all things Eurovision but I'm here for a fun evening chatting with you guys! :D
eurovision shizzle is going on here http://indepthbants.com/post15486.html#p15486
have fun tonight y'all!
ugh.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Post-Eurovision pissedoffness.

SHOULD have qualified.
SHOULD have qualifiedx2.
SHOULD have won.
There, I said it.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

sweetmm
angel bean

Jamala does have a great voice and the music is pretty strong, but it is not a "Eurovision song winner" type of music/song that we enjoy listening on radio day in day out :?
ironic
lady door

sweetmm wrote:Jamala does have a great voice and the music is pretty strong, but it is not a "Eurovision song winner" type of music/song that we enjoy listening on radio day in day out :?
Agreed.
I liked Ukraine's song but I didn't expect it to win. I thought it would be Australia which would be ironic but also well deserved imo. Though my personal fave is still Hungary. And I'm still laughing at my country, we're such a joke. *insert sad pepe*
Anyway, it was a wild ride. I'm never investing emotionally in Eurovision ever again. :lol: Going back to listening to music without thinking so much about international relations and people being rude for no reason.
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Any other Frank Turner fans here? He popped up on my shower shuffle this morning and I've had love, ire & song on repeat since! ❤️
Just checked out a few songs and I like them :thumb: thanks.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

NGL, I'm still salty AF that Australia didn't win, although I'm coming around to the new voting system. Did make it entertaining, and I like how the jurys results were VASTLY different to the public vote results. Bit of controversy in the press here this morning about whether Ukraine's song should have been allowed, given the ban on "political songs" - not that it would have made any difference to the UKs result really. At least we did reasonably well in the Jury vote.
ironic wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Any other Frank Turner fans here? He popped up on my shower shuffle this morning and I've had love, ire & song on repeat since! ❤️
Just checked out a few songs and I like them :thumb: thanks.
Yayyyyyyy!!!! :platonic:

My faves (not in any particular order):

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

In celebration of their 1 year anniversary, I'm gonna plug some kpop in the form of Seventeen in this thread just because I can. :D

Seventeen consists of thirteen members (yes i know that's a lot), sometimes divided into three units (hiphop, vocal, performance), and are self producing idols. Member Woozi writes and produces their songs and member Hoshi is in charge of choreograpy, but all members contribute to the process in some form (like writing lyrics and stuff). I've been kinda following these boys since their trainee days because they're from the same company as my true dead favorite group, and they've come a long way and I'm just so proud and impressed by their skills.

I'm excited for their future (if their cheap ass incompetent agency doesn't screw them over like they've done with all their other artists so far :sideeye: ).

Their debut song Adore U
Their first comeback Mansae
Their second comeback Pretty U (i also included the choreography version since the mv doesn't show any of it even though it really makes the song + the audio in the mv is screwed up because, like i said, they're managed by incompetent bastards)

Other songs you should check out:
Shining Diamond, 20, Fronting, Rock, Chuck. Oh and Q&A, which features solo artist Ailee.

You're welcome. Have fun learning 13 names and faces :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

OMG music, what would i do without it? Like the first post this is one of the very few things i enjoy more than .
I'm not getting specific althought I'll be here forever but yeah, thanks to Daniel I took a listen to The Life of Pablo album by Kanye, and it is absolutely brilliant, it is unique and enjoyable, and Famous is great and I love Kanye is priceless hahah, also Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 & Pt.2 are also my fav songs.

But if I get into what I actually listen to everyday it has to be, twenty one pilots, BASTILLE, System of a Down and Rammstein, and the ocasional top hit in the charts I like to be informed in that matter and follow the uk chart and the hot 100 constantly (finally pleased that One Dance is off the top spot, what a bad song to have records and stuff).

And if we talk genres I like pretty much everything, rock, pop, metal, EDM, dubstep, indie, rap, reggae, progressive, classical, just love music, man.

Also loving the new music, Justin Bieber, Cher Lloyd & Katy Perry have new songs, Green Day will release a new song a day before my birthday and I'm pretty excited about it. And I love going to concerts and festival, this year I went to Lollapalooza and I got to see TOP, Marina and the diamonds, WALK THE MOON, Zedd, Skrillex & Diplo, Duke Dumont and I had the best time and I hope they bring Bastille and Years and Years next year, or Lana del Rey.

That's it :)
Philena
blobfish

Anyone wanna talk about Frank's new album?! I haven't sat and analyzed an album like this in quite awhile. Fave track so far: Solo. And love André's verse!
ironic
lady door

I don't know much about Frank (I was only listening to him for a while in 2013) so I'm unable to analyze anything precisely; despite this "Blonde" is almost like a religious experience to me, it quite hit me. :lol: I really, really like it. My current fave is "Ivy". ;)
Philena
blobfish

ironic wrote:I don't know much about Frank (I was only listening to him for a while in 2013) so I'm unable to analyze anything precisely; despite this "Blonde" is almost like a religious experience to me, it quite hit me. :lol: I really, really like it. My current fave is "Ivy". ;)
Same, so much same! I am loving this journey.
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

i guess ile share my poor taste

though i prefer the album version the demo version is also great
and last and certainly not the least
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
untitled102
smol bean

is... is it okay to bring this thread back from the dead? :D i got excited when the libertines got mentioned when i was reading through this thread (albion senpai ) they were the first band i got into, and they meant sooooo much to me back then. now pete doherty's new album just came out, but i'm too scared to listen to it lol

anyway some other bands that i love:
kasabian (fave live band!)
mando diao
muse (second fave live band!)
jamie t
two steps from hell (along with other ost/game/trailer music in general)
the last shadow puppets

and i recently got into twenty one pilots :( it's so overwhelming when you got into something really late, there's so much to catch up on and just... :cry: gotta say my fave album is vessel, but there's something about their first album that just, it tugs at my heartstrings and breaks my heart into million pieces
angelbeanphil
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

I realize this thread is dead but I couldn't resist sharing one of my fav bands that I think is way too underrated
MARIANAS TRENCH

Heres some good intro songs!
(Their Ever After album is an entire story so it's best to listen to that all at once)

"the light and warmth you bring to our lives is as everlasting as the sun"
-dan howell to phil lester
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

angelbeanphil wrote:I realize this thread is dead but I couldn't resist sharing one of my fav bands that I think is way too underrated
MARIANAS TRENCH

Heres some good intro songs!
(Their Ever After album is an entire story so it's best to listen to that all at once)

OH.MY.FUCKING.GODS. I FUCKING LOVE YOU! I mean, I'm sorry for swearing, but I ALREADY.FUCKING.LOVE YOU. Personally, I really like their Ever After Album more than Astoria just because it builds up a story? And most of my favourite Marianas Trench songs are included in there, so... that's nice. One Love is probably my favorite song in their Astoria album just because the lyrics made me cry a lot? I mean, I couldn't exactly relate to it, but the lyrics... damn. It's so beautifully written. Same with Wildfire. He used the term "wildfire" for so many comparisons, which is actually really great because it kinda creates a build-up?
Also, it kinda peeves me that when some people talk about rock bands, they immediately go to FOB and MCR (no hate because I also love those bands), and I'm, like, waiting for someone to mention Marianas Trench, but... no. They're truly underrated. I actually let my bestfriend listen to some of their songs, and she actually loves it! I think we're into the same type of music, so it's easier to listen to when we're together.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i've had a bunch of various music interests in the past. some are black veil brides, pierce the veil, falling in reverse, blood on the dance floor (pls don't judge, i was like.. 16. however i do still lowkey like them even though they broke up and now dahvie's in his own project thing and so is jayy), twenty one pilots, 5 seconds of summer, halsey, melanie martinez and marina and the diamonds.

my favorites right now are ninja sex party, halsey and marina and the diamonds. i only know marina's popular music though sorry ;w;
:transheart:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Bringing back this thread to ask what you guys think of Little Mix. I didn't listen to them for a long time, but about a year ago I got in a hole on youtube of watching all of their acapella/acoustic performances and they are so talented. Seriously, all of their voices (especially Perrie's, but they are all great) are so good, and their harmonies are incredible. Also, I love how they often change up their songs in their live performances from the album version, especially in the acoustic and/or acapella versions, so it's always something fresh.

A good example of this is their acoustic version of How Ya Doin'. I don't really care for the original version of the song, but I love the acoustic version. Here's one clip of them doing it on a radio show:

This is also another acapella I enjoy, but there are plenty more out there, just don't want to clog the thread at once:

Actually, I like pretty much all of their acoustic/acapella versions better than the album versions, but I do enjoy some of their album songs as well. I think though, especially with their latest album, they are trying to hard to fit the mold so that they can break into the American market - they also keep adding rappers to the singles version of their songs, again because I think they're at the point (well at least their management is) where they are trying all the tricks to get popular. I prefer some of their earlier stuff, with a more r&b feel to it.

I feel like a lot of people write them off just because they are a girl group, but they are actually very talented and deserve way more recognition.

Anyone else out there a fan of them? Anyone go check them out after this post, and what do you think? I'd love to chat more about the group, and would be happy to leave some more video recs if anyone isn't sure which vids to check out.