Dan & Phil Part 10: Moist Sloppy Niagara Fun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jess
living flop

starlight-still wrote:But, real talk for a minute, can we start a phandom-wide movement to get these boys some good local regional American cooking for the remainder of the tour? Eating Mexican food any place in the US other than Texas or CA (and maybe AZ)? Y'all don't know about guacamole or salsa until you hit it up in those places. And Phil...Applebee's????? Somebody needs to show them what's what. Pancake cupcakes were actually a good start. Louisville, we're counting on you to keep it going!
I for reals typed "Stop eating at chain restaurants" into the chat knowing that they wouldn't see it, but needing to express my disgust with the chain restaurant binge they seem to be on. :cry: There are so many good, random as fuck restaurants out there across America. I just did a marathon 2,000+ mile trip last month & despite the breakneck speed, I still made sure that I took in all random food finds that I could. Maybe they need to binge watch Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives on the bus (even though Guy Fieri is the most obnoxious human on the face of the earth) or just download Yelp (& use it!). Silver Dollar in Louisville is perfection... if anyone (DANIEL! PHILIP!) need some good food pre/post-TATINOF. You can get tabled on top notch bourbon drinks while you are there as well.

Sidenote: You can get good (New) Mexican food in New Mexico too!
manged wrote:
starlight-still wrote: And Phil...Applebee's?????
I normally see eye-to-eye with Phil when it comes to food and sugary-treats, but I nearly unsubscribed from his channel when he mentioned liking Applebees.

Every. fucking. thing. from. Applebees. tastes. like. All-Purpose. Cleaner. Get. your. shit. together. Philip. Love. yourself.

Don't eat trash just because you're married to it.
Yessssssssssssss. Literally, I don't understand how that place still exists.

I'll stop the tangental rants now... maybe...
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

manged wrote:
Holy hell, that's going in the list of fav quotes.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Lol. Applebees isn't horrible but they're a pretty basic standard chain restaurant (in Canada anyway).

Phil's acting like he ate at a Michelin star restaurant and shit (lol jk). :lol:

It would be funny if they went to a KFC while they're there and felt the need to express their love for it.
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

manged wrote:
I normally see eye-to-eye with Phil when it comes to food and sugary-treats, but I nearly unsubscribed from his channel when he mentioned liking Applebees.

Every. fucking. thing. from. Applebees. tastes. like. All-Purpose. Cleaner. Get. your. shit. together. Philip. Love. yourself.

I physically reacted to this (in case you're wondering, I mimed retching and made a sound that was something like "AAUUGGHHHHH"). Applebee's has got to be the lowest of the low in terms of shitty American chain restaurants.

If Phil's delicate stomach can take it, they need to invest in a couple of California burritos while here. Guys, I know you're lurking. Trust me on this.
lilMango
morning quiff

achika wrote:
manged wrote:

I physically reacted to this (in case you're wondering, I mimed retching and made a sound that was something like "AAUUGGHHHHH"). Applebee's has got to be the lowest of the low in terms of shitty American chain restaurants.

If Phil's delicate stomach can take it, they need to invest in a couple of California burritos while here. Guys, I know you're lurking. Trust me on this.
Applebee's and Chile's are the worst. Ever. I totally agree with you guys. I cringed when he said that.
There is actual good food in America, you just have to wade through the pool of shit and grease to find it. If they ever came remotely close to where I live, I would show them a few good places to eat. ;)
Also... Stop drinking milkshakes, Phil Lester!!!!! I can't believe he periodically drinks them even though he's lactose intolerant. Know yoself, boy. If you're not careful, maybe the farting incident will become a reality, on your end.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Winston
flower crown

I have a noobie question to ask. I assume the sharing hotel room thing has been talked about to death? I'm not just talking about japan. I'm talking about Playlist etc. They always have to get a suite ( so no one can see they actually stayed together)? And now this room? Sharing a room on a shitty hotel in Kentucky... what for? To "save money", for some "bestie together time"? Because sharing a freaking tour bus isn't enough together time if you're just friends. I'm not saying anything for certain but if I was traveling by bus, and was actually crammed in a bus bunk I would sure as hell opt for a king size bed to spread the f out in when I got a chance. So for them to do a ls in a double bed room screams something to me... just saying.
actions speak louder than words
Kuu
smol bean

I don't know why but I loved the comment Phil made after his little milkshake mess, something like "This is why I'm so difficult to... exist with"

I also feel like they very consciously did not continue the bus bedroom talk, they said Phil 'won' it and that was that?

And I agree with Winston, you could imagine that after spending every minute with each other on tour they could get even separate rooms, they can afford it for sure, but I don't mind if they insist on sharing rooms
Philena
blobfish

I have nothing of substance to say, as per usual, but that liveshow was absolutely adorable. They seem so happy and comfortable, which was nice to see at this point into the tour. I was concerned about their mental and physical health, tbh, but those concerns dissipated after watching them this evening.
Also, to be a bit more shallow, they looked gorgeous. The lighting was really flattering in that shitty hotel room. I kinda think that's why they have both been looking more attractive lately. The lighting they used at home for their videos is too harsh, imo, and washes them out completely. The photos of them recently that were taken in natural lighting seem to be the ones that are gushed over the most.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

The hotel room sharing isn't something that I'm usually suspicious of because to me it's not weird to want to share a room with your friend when you could afford your own I've done it myself on recreational trips.

But normally when we see D&P sharing a room they are holidaying or on some other short-term trip like a work event whereas in this case they are literally spending nine weeks on a tour bus together and performing a show together night after night and yet it seems when they get off the bus they are opting to still not have a break from each other.

So yeah I think it's safe to say whatever their relationship might be Dan and Phil really really like each others company.

While I still wouldn't class it as proof as anything really I'll still be adding it to my (admittedly long) list of things Dan and Phil do that make me go hmmmm...
Winston
flower crown

pearshaped34 wrote:The hotel room sharing isn't something that I'm usually suspicious of because to me it's not weird to want to share a room with your friend when you could afford your own I've done it myself on recreational trips.

But normally when we see D&P sharing a room they are holidaying or on some other short-term trip like a work event whereas in this case they are literally spending nine weeks on a tour bus together and performing a show together night after night and yet it seems when they get off the bus they are opting to still not have a break from each other.

So yeah I think it's safe to say whatever their relationship might be Dan and Phil really really like each others company.

While I still wouldn't class it as proof as anything really I'll still be adding it to my (admittedly long) list of things Dan and Phil do that make me go hmmmm...
This is what I am saying. I see nothing weird sharing a room with your friends. ..but really... this is a little extreme. Even when living together, if they could afford it why not take separate rooms?

Especially when they are somewhere with parties and drinking and people they could potentially hook up with. But no they share a room. I can imagine that there are random drunken youtuber hook ups at these things... to me it seems like the perfect opportunity to let loose a little. Not with random fans but peers. I don't take it as proof but it is something i have thought about.
actions speak louder than words
felucca
truth bomb

Dan: *moves*
Phil: "now where am I on this screen!?"
Dan: "lean in!"
D&P: *both arguing over each other*

Phil: *tries to talk boringly about american food for several minutes*
Dan: *keeps obnoxiously rolling his eyes and interrupting him*
Phil: *doesn't give a shit*

Phil: *sings weebl song*
Dan: "no one will get that reference!"
Phil: "someone will!"
Dan: "no one will!!"

Phil: *spills milkshake on the floor*
Dan: "............."
Phil: “this is why I’m terrible to… exist with.”
Dan: *siigh*

^So fucking married.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Also when Phil spilled the milkshake and looked back to the camera with a smile like he knows he's cute and people will be less annoyed ;)
PolarFox
truth bomb

tf... One friday I go to sleep early and they make a liveshow literally half an hour after I went to sleep? Why deppy why. And why didn't the notif wake me up? I was woken up horrendously early (hour ago) by a bloody facebook messenger notif. :facepalm:
Sigh.
Time to wait for it to be on phanshows to watch it, even though as I know myself, I only have the willpower to watch liveshows when they are happening.
Sigh.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
kay
phabergé

Philena wrote: Also, to be a bit more shallow, they looked gorgeous. The lighting was really flattering in that shitty hotel room. I kinda think that's why they have both been looking more attractive lately. The lighting they used at home for their videos is too harsh, imo, and washes them out completely. The photos of them recently that were taken in natural lighting seem to be the ones that are gushed over the most.
Agreed on this part so much. Dan's gotten a little better at it but wow do I hate the lighting Phil uses for most of his videos, he looks so unbelievably washed out. When they turned off the lamp in the background in the ls and their faces were suddenly full of color it was a whole different experience. Sadly that did not fix the shitty audio :sideeye:
felucca wrote:Dan: *moves*
Phil: "now where am I on this screen!?"
Dan: "lean in!"
D&P: *both arguing over each other*

Phil: *tries to talk boringly about american food for several minutes*
Dan: *keeps obnoxiously rolling his eyes and interrupting him*
Phil: *doesn't give a shit*

Phil: *sings weebl song*
Dan: "no one will get that reference!"
Phil: "someone will!"
Dan: "no one will!!"

Phil: *spills milkshake on the floor*
Dan: "............."
Phil: “this is why I’m terrible to… exist with.”
Dan: *siigh*

^So fucking married.
Dan really is the epitome of the put-upon long-suffering partner, isn't he?
DryCereal
koi pond

kuensukki wrote:Also, how do they not know Rachel Ray :o
Cos.... British..? Who she anyway? fight me, idgaf.

Did they just confuse Joe and Casper?

"LEAN IN!!!" :lol: Dan getting revenge for once(!)

I'm with Dan on the enforced teambuilding is all kinds of nonsense... you can't force relationships like that. Stoppit. Plus it doesn't seem very useful for YT? IDK.

"40 minutes in before we cheeky plugged"

Soooo... Phil lasted juuuuuuust over 45mins then got up to find the aircon and clean up the milkshake spill :D

Add me to the "naturally lit" fanclub. :thumb:
achika wrote: Dan really is the epitome of the put-upon long-suffering partner, isn't he?
"This guy...!" ;) Hardly the most domestic of LSs, but still cute af. Neither are homesick at all. and we can all work out why...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
kuensukki wrote:Also, how do they not know Rachel Ray :o
Cos.... British..? Who she anyway? fight me, idgaf.

Did they just confuse Joe and Casper?
I just looked Rachel Ray up and I still don't know who she is. she definitely isn't known over her like a lot of other Us TV chefs. Never seen her on any shows on Food Network!

Yeah made me laugh when the got Joe and Caspar confused. Getting back at everyone for getting them confused all the time.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

I just watched the liveshow, and the lagging was so bad most of time all can i hear is "i… e…of…t…" didn't understand the halp of it.

I enjoy the little moment of them talking about the monthly viral videos and the Pokemon.

However i have to say the no homo was strong on this show, not only they deliberately showed us the two beds, but also they brought up the tourbus bedroom again?! Christ.

Also the moment when Phil truned off the light and kocked off the smoothie, and Dan looked at the screen and signed, and then turned the light on. Dan is such an open book it's ridiculous.
Poe
rainbow nerd

Diyes_Celine wrote:
alittledizzy wrote: I even love the brief moments of tension or times when one of them had an expression that gave something away. It's just more real, you know? They weren't overacting anything and I don't know if it's because they were just in good moods or because it's been so long since they've done liveshows but I got a casual, pleased vibe from them.
Yaaaaas. I thought I was the only one sensing the tension on some parts. I felt like an intruder because as the tension was something they settle on their own. Do I make sense?

The highlight of the LS for me (i missed a lot coz it's laggy) was when they were recreating different memes (?!). It was as if they forgot that they were in a ls. They were so in synced. It's amazing to watch.

I want to thank my company phone's unlimited data plan. I was able to watch the video
I'm happy that I'm not the only one that was sensing the tension. At one point I thought that I'm just imagining things :lol:
alittledizzy that's the same feeling I got from it. They were really relaxed and casual in this liveshow but there was quite a bit of lingering tension between them from the start. I guess that this is what happens when they spend every single minute 24/7 with each other not that we really mind it, the tension can just give us ideas for new fanfics
akui wrote:I just watched the liveshow, and the lagging was so bad most of time all can i hear is "i… e…of…t…" didn't understand the halp of it.

I enjoy the little moment of them talking about the monthly viral videos and the Pokemon.

However i have to say the no homo was strong on this show, not only they deliberately showed us the two beds, but also they brought up the tourbus bedroom again?! Christ.

Also the moment when Phil truned off the light and kocked off the smoothie, and Dan looked at the screen and signed, and then turned the light on. Dan is such an open book it's ridiculous.
Agreed. The bus bedroom talk was really suspicious and they moved from it too quickly and the shared room with two beds is just tiring at this point. Both because they are spending every living and breathing moment in each other's company and because as pearshaped34 and Winston said, I would just get a darn king sized bed and spread in it and relax after sleeping in tinny coffins like those on the bus but no they choose to get a shared room with twin beds.

edit: when did I even get that "drama llama" rank?? Last time I checked I was an ironic "tol bean"
daphenaxa
blobfish

I rewatched the liveshow. All in all, I think it was an ok one. We all think it is amazing because we are starved but now that I am calmer, I don't think they shared that much. It was more a very superficial sum up of what they have done so far. Which is fine but yeah.
That said, I felt their interactions were really natural with each other and I just love how in sync and married they are. I don't think we usually see how in sync and how really similar they are that much. And we know it from other sources or assume it, but I felt it was really obvious in this liveshow.

- My favourite bits were when Dan said something was "peng" and Phil said "daaaan" and gave him this fond look. I kinda died honestly.
- Also Phil saying yaaaas and the way Dan reenacted that woman speech with the little dance and all. That was really awesome. I really like seeing that sassy side that we know he has. Angel awkward bean is fine but I also love his sass. Does some gentle soul actually have that small part isolated?? in a vine or video or something?
- I also liked when they were talking about topless men in the cold outside their windows and described their hotel as somewhere you would come to kill a prostitute and phil was shut up and Dan was "am I lying tho" under his breath.
- the bus bed part was suspicious af
- I am not into pokemon at all but my life is phan so stop being racist Dan thank you
- once again I am really appalled by their geography knowledge. I get people are more or less interested in that but not knowing Ottawa is the capital of Canada is really weird honestly (in their position).
- I went to Applebees once and thought is was alright honestly? Like it really wasn't that worse or even worse at all than anywhere else I ate in USA. I gotta say that they do seem to make horrible choices with their food choices tho. Like those milkshakes
-Not vlogging the tour is also a damn mistake. I really hope they at least do a DITL in America at some point. Honestly that would be such a waste if they don't. I prefer not to think about it.
- I like that Dan wears that camo thing as a pyjama, as i dislike it.
- maybe naive but still surprised they didn't film anything in advance for their channels. I can't judge too harshly i leave everything last minute too but that is next level offhandedness (not sure that word is the right one, I googled it, basically they dgaf).

last thing, I didn't feel there was tension between them.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
phamnotof
morning quiff

There's this one moment in the ls that is making me crazy. I need opinions. It's right after Phil says "That's why I'm terrible to - exist with." and then I'm prettyyy sure that Dan like, places a hand on Phil's back or something rather than laying it back on his own side because I've been staring at it for ages & it feels in a slightly different place than it was moments before. But mostly, because Phil sort of gets this warmest fucking smile and kinda low-key chokes on the word "hi" in the EXACT moment that Dan'd be placing his hand there. And it feels like such a "you're magic to live with" subtle reminder and it's doing things to me.

I'm trying to figure out a way to download & edit it out, but younow's being a dick and it's far less visible in the YouTube repost.

33:40 and onwards in the video if anyone feels like checking it out. It's barely anything, but it's so sweet I've been vomiting rainbows eversince I saw it in my rewatch.

(I might post opinions later but right now, I'm still in my keysmash everything-is-heaven phase & nobody needs me to unleash that here. :D)
PolarFox
truth bomb

phamnotof wrote:There's this one moment in the ls that is making me crazy. I need opinions. It's right after Phil says "That's why I'm terrible to - exist with." and then I'm prettyyy sure that Dan like, places a hand on Phil's back or something rather than laying it back on his own side because I've been staring at it for ages & it feels in a slightly different place than it was moments before. But mostly, because Phil sort of gets this warmest fucking smile and kinda low-key chokes on the word "hi" in the EXACT moment that Dan'd be placing his hand there. And it feels like such a "you're magic to live with" subtle reminder and it's doing things to me.

I'm trying to figure out a way to download & edit it out, but younow's being a dick and it's far less visible in the YouTube repost.

33:40 and onwards in the video if anyone feels like checking it out. It's barely anything, but it's so sweet I've been vomiting rainbows eversince I saw it in my rewatch.

(I might post opinions later but right now, I'm still in my keysmash everything-is-heaven phase & nobody needs me to unleash that here. :D)
Don't know about the hand, but Dan looks sooo done... Like a exhausted mum. "You see the shit I have to put up with? Why do I live with this dude"
But yea, I noticed how Phil kinda stuttered on the hi and brightened up like sunshine while Dan was like *sigh, smh*
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
DryCereal
koi pond

phamnotof wrote:There's this one moment in the ls that is making me crazy. I need opinions. It's right after Phil says "That's why I'm terrible to - exist with." and then I'm prettyyy sure that Dan like, places a hand on Phil's back or something rather than laying it back on his own side because I've been staring at it for ages & it feels in a slightly different place than it was moments before. But mostly, because Phil sort of gets this warmest fucking smile and kinda low-key chokes on the word "hi" in the EXACT moment that Dan'd be placing his hand there. And it feels like such a "you're magic to live with" subtle reminder and it's doing things to me.

Not sure about back, but maybe on his thigh/hip? Stupid YouNow "user sent nonsense" graphics... :facepalm:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Lain
eclipse shirt

phamnotof wrote:
Pretty sure he just rests his hand on his leg. :(

What gave me a chuckle was Phil's "can I just switch this lamp off?" and then Dan turning it back on moments later. :lol:
phamnotof
morning quiff

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Not sure about back, but maybe on his thigh/hip? Stupid YouNow "user sent nonsense" graphics... :facepalm:
they don't show up if you rewatch directly on younow - and yeah, thigh/hip/back/anything - I am just stuck on seeing the contact in Phil's face. Because why else that random stutter and a smile.
Lain wrote:Pretty sure he just rests his hand on his leg. :(

What gave me a chuckle was Phil's "can I just switch this lamp off?" and then Dan turning it back on moments later. :lol:
I mean, could be, it's not gonna break my heart or anything, I'm just stuck on how perfectly the smile and the stutter seem to be timed with the hand relocation. :D
And yeah, that's hilarious, #controlfreak in action. :D
ironic
lady door

phamnotof I rewatched this moment a few times and I can't see it the way you see it at all. It doesn't look like Dan touched him imo and Phil also stuttered a bit while saying 'exist', which was before Dan put his hand down. Pretty sure it's just Phil being a (very lovable) mess he was the whole liveshow. Who knows, though!
Lain wrote: What gave me a chuckle was Phil's "can I just switch this lamp off?" and then Dan turning it back on moments later. :lol:
Same Dan, you little shit.

And as many of you mentioned, D&P recreating those viral videos was pure gold. Phil saying 'yaas' is my new favourite thing.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.