General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

kgilbe99 wrote:Okay so I'm going to TATINOF in Baltimore and when I was buying the tickets there was no option to buy VIP. All it said was that there were "standerd" tickets. However, the tickets I bought were quite expensive ($100) so my friend and I were just assuming they were VIP. Does anyone else know anything about this? Has this happened to anyone else and is it safe to assume we do have VIP tickets?
Yeah, I'm going with what Jess said. I remember there were a few venues who released general tickets and then they emailed after to say they were VIP. (Ooh Jess, I forgot you were going VIP, how exciting)
I know that for NYC, the VIP was $130 including fees and then the next section was $80 without fees (so probably around $95), but it's worth asking just incase.
blueapple_x wrote:Approx. how many people do D+P see for tatinof M&Gs?
The UK it was about 50, I think from the queues I've seen in NYC and the amount of posts on updatedphan it's probably about the same! They usually do about an hour for the m&g and each person gets about a minute I reckon.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
corn flakes
moon room

English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Jeweul
sad dimple

Okay so for the crafts section of TATINOF I'm making a burn book (instead of burn book on the front it says Dan/Phil) and I need some help with what to fill it with! So far I've thought of Haru, house plants, and of course our main two boys, but I'm having a bit of trouble. Any suggestions will be welcomed!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

What is a burn book? Like from Mean Girls? The gossip/rumour book they make in it?

You could put a large photo of some cheese in it and label it fugly (like in mean girls haha)
The daddy mug could feature in it somewhere.
RIP draw Phil naked/sexy end screen dance.
Uncle Dan with ISG with the label grotty little byotch (as the joke from mean girls)
A page on rip GG and hello IDB ;)
daphenaxa
blobfish

something i have noticed is the american fans don't draw cat whiskers at all for their M&G whereas in UK every other girl had them on. US also seems less enthusiastic about the playlist before show? quite uninteresting but just something i noticed
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Jeweul
sad dimple

daphenaxa wrote:something i have noticed is the american fans don't draw cat whiskers at all for their M&G whereas in UK every other girl had them on. US also seems less enthusiastic about the playlist before show? quite uninteresting but just something i noticed
Interesting observation. I'll try to see if I can remember how many people end up wearing cat whiskers when I go in a couple days.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

John talk about TATINOF, it was Phil that gave him the ticket

http://youtu.be/op-oJxRqMzA?t=262
vincentian
hobbit hair

sweetmm wrote:John talk about TATINOF, it was Phil that gave him the ticket

It seems like John contacted proposing to meet up, but was given a ticket and tatinof merch (+ m&g in the dressing room). I thought that they invited him to the show in the first place. Still, it's nice that they took time out of their busy schedule to hang out.

Probably noted before, Phil seems to literally hide behind Drake/venue staff/Dan when they come out to people before m&g. He might be naturally uncomfortable in front of the screaming crowd, but it looks funny, it’s not like someone is going to shoot him (hopefully).
mazza1506
crusty sponge

daphenaxa wrote:something i have noticed is the american fans don't draw cat whiskers at all for their M&G whereas in UK every other girl had them on. US also seems less enthusiastic about the playlist before show? quite uninteresting but just something i noticed
pretty much EVERYONE at the Boston show had cat whiskers...was terrifying lol

and people definitely aren't into the playlist as much - myself missemma and human were hardcore singing and dancing along at NY show but everyone else was just sitting there. No one even sang along to High School Musical - hell I haven't even seen the films and I was still singing along!
Jeweul
sad dimple

Alright so now that I've been I can give you an observation: I'd say most of the fans there didn't have cat whiskers and the people that did were in the younger age group (probably age 10-15.)

I have a quick question: is Martyn still working the merch stand? I saw Cornelia but I wasn't sure about Martyn. There was a guy that looked a lot like him, tall, blond, but he had a beard so it was very hard to tell.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

vincentian wrote:
sweetmm wrote:John talk about TATINOF, it was Phil that gave him the ticket

It seems like John contacted proposing to meet up, but was given a ticket and tatinof merch (+ m&g in the dressing room). I thought that they invited him to the show in the first place. Still, it's nice that they took time out of their busy schedule to hang out.

Probably noted before, Phil seems to literally hide behind Drake/venue staff/Dan when they come out to people before m&g. He might be naturally uncomfortable in front of the screaming crowd, but it looks funny, it’s not like someone is going to shoot him (hopefully).
#phake5ever I noticed that too! He awkwardly hovers by Drake with his hands in his pocket. I think its overwhelming to him that these people are screaming but I also never thought Phil enjoyed screams. He seems like someone to value a personal conversation or a small group of people where he can interact calmly. Having people screaming at/for him may be uncomfortable
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

vincentian wrote:
I noticed this too. At every show Dan takes the lead when they first enter the m&g room and also when they leave. Phil literally just nods in agreement and waves. Even during the m&g, Dan is the one who asks all the questions "do you want us to sign the book/do you want a hug/shall I take the selfie". I wonder if Phil isn't interested in doing all the speeches during the meet and greet and so Dan just does it.
Winston
flower crown

I am going to the show this Sunday and my friend took pity on me and is coming with, so I don't have to go alone. I am sending her the videos I think she should see before, so she isn't completely lost. I am looking for suggestions. I have already showed her APINOF(1), and have tumbler tag #1, ISG, and Another APINOF(6). Since I didn't want spoilers I haven't read what actually is in the show so I want to send her the most relevant videos. Any help would be most appreciated. :D A DM is fine if you don't want to make a post. Thanks in advance!
actions speak louder than words
blueapple_x
flower crown

7SC video, Sims, why I was a weird kid
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

winston just to give your friend a taste of their chemistry, maybe one of the DITL either the XMas or Japhan.
daphenaxa
blobfish

i think also a tumblr tag (3rd one I would say) and Dan's existential crisis video
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
eevee
emo goose

I'd like to chime in quickly about the cat whisker thing

I went to the Boston show and I'd say cat whiskered people was probably only 1/3 of the population. Not as many as I expected tbh.

Also D&P didn't wait for people to stop screaming before they continued talking. Quite annoying.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond

eevee wrote:Also D&P didn't wait for people to stop screaming before they continued talking. Quite annoying.
Be fair... if they did, they'd still be midway through one of the Florida shows!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
eevee
emo goose

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
eevee wrote:Also D&P didn't wait for people to stop screaming before they continued talking. Quite annoying.
Be fair... if they did, they'd still be midway through one of the Florida shows!
so true
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Winston
flower crown

Thanks! I will send her the suggested vids! :)
actions speak louder than words
Lain
eclipse shirt

This is completely off-topic, but amusing enough that I had to share.

I went to Miku Expo in Toronto on the 20th (almost two weeks after tatinof was in town) at the Sony Centre (the tatinof venue), and I noticed something hilarious as I lined up outside. There was plywood up on the corner to cover an area that was under construction, and it was covered with quotes etc that phans had written in black marker. Things like "Dan is Daddy", "Phan is real", "protip", and "the cat whiskers come from within". One of the guys in front of me in line saw the cat whiskers quote and said to his buddies "I think that's a video game thing". :lol:

I really should have taken a picture.
majitzu
angel bean

Jeweul wrote: I have a quick question: is Martyn still working the merch stand? I saw Cornelia but I wasn't sure about Martyn. There was a guy that looked a lot like him, tall, blond, but he had a beard so it was very hard to tell.
Martyn went back to the uk for a while, he is back in America now
DryCereal
koi pond

I'm and I've been watching old vids today... I wish they'd include a bit of cheeky lip-sync action in the show. I know why they haven't (fecking music licensing) but still.. *sigh*
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

random thought: can someone bring in a sheet of wood and get dan to sign it with a felt tip
swofro
angel bean

So..... Anyone knows why tatinofhelp twitter account deactivated?
Love is forever