Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Edit: It used to be a vine....

Edit: Here's the video:

"...Stalking him until he LOVES you! Right guys? Yeah! All right! There you go!"
Last edited by lefthandedism on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: indicate broken vine
busy being happy~
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

His expression said "no"
... but his eyes said "yes"

Or whatever. Also Dan stop tweeting shit.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

phamnotof wrote:Oh god, Dan's gonna make a video about emojis, isn't he?
It seems so (but I hope not)

copy pasting from the last thread
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Ticia wrote:

£10 on an emoji related video - either a rant about them or the emoji challenge tag thing?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Anonymousse wrote:His expression said "no"
... but his eyes said "yes"

Or whatever. Also Dan stop tweeting shit.

What is he even trying to say ? Emojis are emojis nobody cares whether they're ugly or not :lol:
:biheart:
gnostic
stress mushroom

OK now that I've disengaged a bit it does seem we blew the thing out of proportion

That said, can someone more knowledgeable tell how tour ISG works? Are questions pre-elected, or pre-screened by assistant but D&P hear them on the spot? I wanna know how much time he had to prepare that answer
Just here for the marketing skills
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bluebox-away wrote:
Ticia wrote:

£10 on an emoji related video - either a rant about them or the emoji challenge tag thing?
That could very well be it, although I'm not sure if I will like that.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Another conspiracy theory. The vine was from one of their crew released on purpose to distract the phandom from how bad the emoji video will be.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

sweetmm wrote: Just enjoy it at face value, a joke he made which had a history attached to it. I don't need to look to much into it, Dan seems to have fun delivering it and as a viewer I found it fun too (and endearing ;) )
Now my 59648 words essay on the whole clip just feels like pointless rant :lol:
You summed it up quite nicely Sometimes i spend so much time here that i forget the obvious.

btw, i've been wanting to ask you something for some time now
[offtopic]I'm not completely sure if it was you or missema, but haven't you been watching D&P from the very beginning and even had a chance to drink something with them during a meetup (sitc or something like that?)
How was it for you? Did you like them 'in real life', anything you noticed that was very different or that you really liked? Like basically how did it go ;) ?[/offtopic]
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Poe
rainbow nerd

I seriously hope that Dan won't be making an emoji video.

And thank you Dan, if you're reading, for giving us the name of this thread

Re vine: Now that I calmed down and watched that video for the 30th 3rd time I can say that it does look a little bit fanservice-y but not in a bad way. I don't really know what Dan's intention was behind that half joke half truth but I don't think he would be this relaxed and comfortable with giving that joke romantic undertones just for fanservice. He avoided that for a long time so why start again if you don't want people to see it that way? I kind of gave up trying to look for an answer this time and decided that I want to believe and that I will just enjoy whatever this is.

gnostic from what I understood from all those tatinof reviews and the rules for participating in the show, they are pre-selected. I don't know if Dan and Phil select them or the crew and then let the guys know but they sure had time to prepare some answers. Please correct me if I'm wrong
corn flakes
moon room

We moved and I lost my post: I can't take that vine as anything other than trolling and phanservice, great for the lols but excluding my phagnostic glasses I can't see ever admitting that they are a couple to the fans. People tend to get involved too much in youtubers relationship and are self proclaimed drama-free people and private.

Dan's video: at this point I'll take anything,my only requirment is that he uploads it soon.

Crew: I think they occasionaly hang out with them but due to their schedule and introverted nature they don't socialize much. The merch crew from what I understand seems to be made up of people that alrealdy knew each other(band members and a sort of helper).
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Ticia wrote:

at least is not an ISG
i have hopes tho, the typos vid was funny
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

gnostic wrote:OK now that I've disengaged a bit it does seem we blew the thing out of proportion

That said, can someone more knowledgeable tell how tour ISG works? Are questions pre-elected, or pre-screened by assistant but D&P hear them on the spot? I wanna know how much time he had to prepare that answer
um.... i honestly don't think we did? i mean all i saw here and on twitter was confusion and jokes, that sounds reasonable to me?

and i can't speak for anyone else but i am as confused about what this means now as a
i was two hours ago, even though i have calmed down by now, i understand why other people think it belongs in the same category as the other jokes he has made about stalking phil, but to me the fact that he didn't shy away from the romantic aspect of the question and went for it anyway means something (what exactly? no fucking idea, clearly that he's more comfortable with himself/their relationship -romantic or otherwise- that he used to be, but that could be for multiple reasons)

tl,dr: it is a joke, and it is fan service, but it's a joke about something they have never dared to joke about before (innuendos? yeah that's old, but relationship-y stuff? nothing i can recall)

so yeah, i don't think anyone was equating this joke with a coming out or anything crazy like that, it's just that it was very bold (considering their history) and unexpected and different from what we've seen so far so obviously there was some mild freaking out?

edit: lol i actually wanted to talk about dan's tweet and then i started this rant and forgot
; i really hope he isn't making a video about emojis, i wanted a dannecdote about the tour or something, but maybe he will find a way to make it interesting idk
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Does seem like he is really enjoying the tour.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I'm starting to think the reason this feels so different than the other 'oh I stalked him' jokes is just the simple fact that he finished it with 'until he loves you', I could be wrong but I don't think there's ever been much (any?) mention of loving someone from either of them, jokingly or otherwise, really?
Like there's some attraction mentions but never any direct mention of love/relationships in recent times? Idk it's late and I should sleep but there was definitely something different about this I'm not usually one to get carried away by what seems to just be Dan telling a joke and being fanservicey..

Also I really hope it's not an emoji vid like I bet, but I think it's pretty likely because his poll honestly feels like market research lol
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Poe
rainbow nerd

SquishPhan wrote: Does seem like he is really enjoying the tour.
Finally a tweet that makes sense that is also really adorable. Glad he's enjoying the tour
anjax
smol bean

Vine thing: I know the majority of the fans doesn't want to think that Dan would do fanservice but it's naive to think he is not aware what the fans want and what will make them freak out. I mean he literally said in one live show “Domestic? You’re welcome. Yep, you know, that domestic phan service.. I deliver. I know what the people want.“ Correspondingly you can interpret the “there you go“ after his answer as Stakhanov said. But of course who knows his intentions..maybe he just saw an opportunity to make a joke/bring back the whole Phil trash meme thing and wasn't even aware how much Phan “confirmation“ people would read into it...
mazza1506
crusty sponge

gnostic wrote:OK now that I've disengaged a bit it does seem we blew the thing out of proportion

For isg they have two people hanging around outside before the VIP people go in to record stuff. For isg specifically you have to say a specific beginning "hey Dan my name is xxx and I'm from xxx and my question to you is xxxx any advice?" Dan then picks the ones he likes before he show to prepare answers etc.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

bluebox-away wrote:I'm starting to think the reason this feels so different than the other 'oh I stalked him' jokes is just the simple fact that he finished it with 'until he loves you', I could be wrong but I don't think there's ever been much (any?) mention of loving someone from either of them, jokingly or otherwise, really?
Like there's some attraction mentions but never any direct mention of love/relationships in recent times?
Exactly. Surprised at those who are now saying they overreacted at first. Dan picked his words carefully. He had time to prepare his answer and he chose the word 'stalking' which he used to describe him and Phil before and the word 'love' together. He's not stupid about how people will take it in the phan way or the baiting way. He knows what he's doing which is playing a very slow and interesting game. Or not so slow in the past months. Can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out. Actually have a strong but vague gut feeling if anyone wants to hear it.
Lain
eclipse shirt

spider wrote: Exactly. Surprised at those who are now saying they overreacted at first. Dan picked his words carefully. He had time to prepare his answer and he chose the word 'stalking' which he used to describe him and Phil before and the word 'love' together. He's not stupid about how people will take it in the phan way or the baiting way. He knows what he's doing which is playing a very slow and interesting game. Or not so slow in the past months. Can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out. Actually have a strong but vague gut feeling if anyone wants to hear it.
Very interested!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

spider wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:I'm starting to think the reason this feels so different than the other 'oh I stalked him' jokes is just the simple fact that he finished it with 'until he loves you', I could be wrong but I don't think there's ever been much (any?) mention of loving someone from either of them, jokingly or otherwise, really?
Like there's some attraction mentions but never any direct mention of love/relationships in recent times?
Exactly. Surprised at those who are now saying they overreacted at first. Dan picked his words carefully. He had time to prepare his answer and he chose the word 'stalking' which he used to describe him and Phil before and the word 'love' together. He's not stupid about how people will take it in the phan way or the baiting way. He knows what he's doing which is playing a very slow and interesting game. Or not so slow in the past months. Can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out. Actually have a strong but vague gut feeling if anyone wants to hear it.
Agree with this.
Please do tell, I'm very interested in hearing it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I will unsubscribe. Then track him down and fight him when I'm in London in a few months.

I'm really not.

I feel like anti-phans are blowing this out of proportion more than the shippers at this point. No one is saying this is really proof of anything, we're all aware that it's mostly fanservice. That doesn't take away from the fact that the joke had some truth behind it, making it a little more real and that's still kinda a bold move from Dan. That's pretty worthy of a minor phandom freakout imo.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The phrase fan-service is starting to grate on me again. This was 'fan-service' in the same way the entire show exists to service fans, because they are entertainers. The same way their entire youtube channels exist, the same way that their chosen career field is fan-service. So yes, in that regard, totally fan-service. But this gets no special accreditation for being extra fan-service from me.

trashqueen basically said what I think. No one claimed that this was a coming out or an acknowledgement specific to himself and Phil. It was a joke but it was a joke that Dan had time to pre-prepare an answer for (there's no way you'll convince me those guys give anyone else the power to pick what they answer) and this is what he went with, knowing exactly what connection fans would make. He can both be saying it because he knows fans will like it and also because he gets personal satisfaction on more than just a "whee, manipulating them silly fans again" level from being less guarded in specific circumstances that he gets to choose.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Lain wrote:Very interested!
SquishPhan wrote:Agree with this.

Spring 2017. That's all.

Since falling down the rabbit hole I had a gut feeling about that time and phan. It started when Dan started making male attraction mentions in fall last year but I thought it was wrong. Spring 2017 was too close and it might have been my wishful thinking. That was until today when I think it might be too far.

Sorry it's not that exciting or specific. :lol:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

spider wrote:
Lain wrote:Very interested!
SquishPhan wrote:Agree with this.

Spring 2017. That's all.

Since falling down the rabbit hole I had a gut feeling about that time and phan. It started when Dan started making male attraction mentions in fall last year but I thought it was wrong. Spring 2017 was too close and it might have been my wishful thinking. That was until today when I think it might be too far.

Sorry it's not that exciting or specific. :lol:
Can't wait for Spring 2017 to see if you are psychic spider :)
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }