Dan & Phil's Body Part Menagerie

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
lilMango
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Lucet
spork

lilMango wrote:Image
I made a gif of this because I just.... liked...that moment....
Found on the internet:

However, fiddling with hair is also another non-verbal body language that can signify different things in different situations. For example, hair twirling can signify interest and desire. Women in particular are noted for hair twirling when talking to someone that they’re attracted to. It is regarded as flirtatious and preening behaviour, perhaps inviting or inciting the other party to touch their hair. But in other situations, as above, hair twirling can signify anxiety, incompetence, uncertainty or shyness.

aralik
sad dimple

what an amazing thread! thank you everyone for providing me lovely images to procrastinate and daydream with!
but i'm gonna be honest and say that i like all the body parts of dan that has been posted here except his hands. they are just too stubby for my liking. i'm team phil's hands, slender and elegant looking. HOWEVER, i have found this lovely edit of dan with make-up AND nailpolish and all i can say is "damn!" please don't mind me as i sit here drooling and ahem *cough cough* she's also the lovely lady behind the edit that is my avatar
ugh.
lilMango
morning quiff

aralik wrote:what an amazing thread! thank you everyone for providing me lovely images to procrastinate and daydream with!
but i'm gonna be honest and say that i like all the body parts of dan that has been posted here except his hands. they are just too stubby for my liking. i'm team phil's hands, slender and elegant looking. HOWEVER, i have found this lovely edit of dan with make-up AND nailpolish and all i can say is "damn!" please don't mind me as i sit here drooling and ahem *cough cough*
she's also the lovely lady behind the edit that is my avatar
oh my god, the nail polish.
Also her twitter is amazing and I'm feeling so many feelings as I go through her edits. Thank you.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
alcoholicferrets
tol bean

aralik wrote:what an amazing thread! thank you everyone for providing me lovely images to procrastinate and daydream with!
but i'm gonna be honest and say that i like all the body parts of dan that has been posted here except his hands. they are just too stubby for my liking. i'm team phil's hands, slender and elegant looking. HOWEVER, i have found this lovely edit of dan with make-up AND nailpolish and all i can say is "damn!" please don't mind me as i sit here drooling and ahem *cough cough* she's also the lovely lady behind the edit that is my avatar
That photoshopped makeup is everything, I need to know what the exact (non-existent) lipstick (that Dan isn't wearing) is. #stressed
DryCereal
koi pond

I don't know what to class it as, apart from "very flattering moment to pause the video" - anyway, you're welcome.

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
kay
phabergé

IckleMissMayhem wrote:I don't know what to class it as, apart from "very flattering moment to pause the video" - anyway, you're welcome.
That should be part of vincentian's "Phil with ruffled hair, fringe down" gallery at the top of this page which I am SO HERE FOR jfc
http://youtubeisair.tumblr.com/

http://thellamahat.tumblr.com/post/136559262582

this is probably my favorite phil hairstyle with the choppy side-swept fringe

http://mxngohive.tumblr.com/

Image Image
^^^ Why am I remined of that line from The Sandlot:
daphenaxa
blobfish

small compilation of Dan looking so happy and so beautiful i kinda wanna cry

huge happy smile: (+those legs ) smile with showing the teeth, no resting doge face here bonus squish, so cute
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Here are a few favorites of mine of Dan!

Dan's Shoulders
Awkward Posture/Standing Position
loststars
living flop

vincentian wrote:Phil with ruffled hair, fringe down :P
ugh yeeeees to shorter(ish) hair with a more even fringe! It frames his eyes even better
(c)itscomicdans
vincentian
hobbit hair

achika wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I don't know what to class it as, apart from "very flattering moment to pause the video" - anyway, you're welcome.
That should be part of vincentian's "Phil with ruffled hair, fringe down" gallery at the top of this page which I am SO HERE FOR jfc
http://youtubeisair.tumblr.com/

http://thellamahat.tumblr.com/post/136559262582

this is probably my favorite phil hairstyle with the choppy side-swept fringe

http://mxngohive.tumblr.com/

Image Image
^^^ Why am I remined of that line from The Sandlot:

Phil's hands from m&g pics + on people's shoulders:
hunnyftw
phabergé

^^^
Aaaw, thank you for that! I love it when he puts his hands on people's shoulders and it's actually really comforting to see that I might not be the only one, because I was starting to worry for myself :lol:
vincentian
hobbit hair

hunnyftw wrote:^^^
Aaaw, thank you for that! I love it when he puts his hands on people's shoulders and it's actually really comforting to see that I might not be the only one, because I was starting to worry for myself :lol:
haha, I hope this is a zero-shaming zone :platonic:
I agree it's kinda cute (like he's present in the picture with the fan, not just standing by like Dan), though a bit awkward with other youtubers (but I love the one with Nat and Lilly).
hunnyftw
phabergé

I agree that it can be awkward sometimes but disagree on the specifics of when exactly it can happen. To me personally the gesture seems friendly but also slightly dominant and protective at the same time. For that reason it may be read as him accidentally establishing the power imabalance between him and the person he’s touching (with him being the more powerful one). In a youtuber-youtuber relation this power imbalance doesn’t really exist so my mind takes only about 0.001s to adjust to the situation and understand that the whole “power imabalance position” is only my gut feeling and not the reality. The reality being that it's just an expression of friendliness. However, in the viewer-youtuber situation, like in m&g, usually the power imbalance is indeed there so the position of his hands may serve to reinforce this fact to me and that’s when I sometimes, albeit very rarely, perceive some awkwardness.

I hope this was understandable (English isn’t my first language, yadda yadda). It made sense in my head. And honestly, I try to ignore these thoughts and focus on the cuteness and friendliness of the hand-on-shoulder situation instead :)
vincentian
hobbit hair

Ahh, I understand what you mean, I didn't look at it from power perspective. I guess I’m so used to Phil doing this pose with fans that when I see him putting his hand on other youtubers’ shoulders I assume he’s stuck within his m&g mode which is a bit awkward when he’s the only one in the picture doing it.
You’re probably right, it’s just a friendly gesture he’s used to doing when the camera is pointed at him except when he’s with Dan. :)
loststars
living flop

(c)itscomicdans
aralik
sad dimple

i mean i obvz don't like favoritism but the left dimple is the best dimple tbh. so deep on that squishy face
ugh.
loststars
living flop

(c)itscomicdans
DryCereal
koi pond

Yet to see a b&w photo of these two without it needing some form of warning... It's not fair, is it?! :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
starlight-still
truth bomb

Don't mind me, just gently placing this one here for posterity
daphenaxa
blobfish

If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Winston
flower crown

I am a sucker for Dan with stubble, but have only seen two pics ever with it. The "dog pillow" one, and one that looks like he was stopped in a store by someone. He has earbuds hanging from his collar. Does anyone know of any other pics with stubbly Dan? The funniest part is I really only like men to be clean shaven irl. So weird...
actions speak louder than words
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Winston wrote:I am a sucker for Dan with stubble, but have only seen two pics ever with it. The "dog pillow" one, and one that looks like he was stopped in a store by someone. He has earbuds hanging from his collar. Does anyone know of any other pics with stubbly Dan? The funniest part is I really only like men to be clean shaven irl. So weird...

busy being happy~