Dan & Phil Part 13: So Bored That This Is Our Thread Name

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hola
crusty sponge

RE the person blackmailing dan.
I know the account that is doing the blackmailing, and they do know 's address unfortunately . The posted a screenshot of the information, but It was scribbled over but you could still tell (if you already knew their address anyways)

pabloislester had her icon on twitter as adrian, and before that, a pic of dan on the toilet. All she and her friend do is defend charlieskies and bully dan, just like her idol charlie tho
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

hola wrote:RE the person blackmailing dan.
I know the account that is doing the blackmailing, and they do know 's address unfortunately . The posted a screenshot of the information, but It was scribbled over but you could still tell (if you already knew their address anyways)

pabloislester had her icon on twitter as adrian, and before that, a pic of dan on the toilet. All she and her friend do is defend charlieskies and bully dan, just like her idol charlie tho
Hmm....I still have my doubts. How would you know from a scribbled over pic if that was actually their address? Also, doesn't this child have homework to do or something? Or has summer vacation started early in their country, so they got bored and decided to start blackmailing YouTubers? I would advise taking up a hobby instead.
This isn't really relevant and has probably been discussed to death on GG already, but I was watching some of Dan's older videos during breakfast and I noticed that Dan definitely does act a bit more camp on camera now then he did a few years ago. It's quite subtle though...not something that a non-obsessed subscriber would pick up on necessarily.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

If its just the address I don't think its really a "Top Secret" anymore; well if these hooligans makes it public I guess just need to move to their koi-pond all glass estate straight after the tour ;)
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

all of that drama for their address? seriously?

well, as many of you expeculated that person is clearly new to the phandom

i would pity them if it wasn't bc they are not only dumb but also complete assholes if they did try to blackmail them with it :roll:

also i've never been this bored of them in my life, deppy please for the love of god post a video, or even better, do a liveshow tomorrow, p l e a s e
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
sweetmm
angel bean

I guess the North has rubbed on this Swedish gal :lol:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

hola wrote:RE the person blackmailing dan.

All this just for their address..... Don't they know everyone's addresses are easily found if you know where to look. I think most of the Phandom know where they live anyway.
Thought it was going to be some juicy gossip.

"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

sweetmm wrote:If its just the address I don't think its really a "Top Secret" anymore; well if these hooligans makes it public I guess just need to move to their koi-pond all glass estate straight after the tour ;)
So, this drama is because they know (le gasp) their address? I've been watching Dan and Phil for two months and came across it almost accidentally, just like most of the Phandom :lol: Another thing is what you want to do with that info: carry on with your life like a mentally stable person or try and have your 5 minutes of Twitter fame.

A video would be really nice (looking at you Louise!), but their last Undertale is yet to hit 1M views so...
swofro
angel bean

I don't know how to express myself, like this is sooo funny. Most of people here knows their address anyway and it's not a big deal?

I don't know how to say this without sounding rude, but they are really immature if this whole drama is about an address.

Love is forever
sweetmm
angel bean

As you guys state, the phandom knows how to "fill the draught" with drama 8-)
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

re blackmailing
in addition to being wrong not only in an ethical sense, blackmailing a person is illegal in most countries. Carrying, if not a fine, then a prison sentence, and leaving proof of blackmail on twitter, a public forum, isn't going to do ones' defence strategy any good. Not to mention if they are minors, having to explain to whoever maintains responsibility of said blackmailer why they have to pay court expenses. I sincerely hope deps gets legal counsel on the matter. Never shall anyone who wishes/demands content during times of drought be called entitled, cause these 'persons' deserve that title.
re Emma
actions speak louder than words, ems. and this is a forum, all i have is words. but no more to spend on you.
re please please release some kind of content
agree. Your careers are online. I am online. Whilst I am happy deps are happy and doing their tour and happy for the people who get to see the show, I am not as happy as everyone else. And I'm having a narcissistic day, so I wish deps would make me happy, and tweet something that would truely calm me, like a link to a new dapg vid filled with jumpscares.
I went on a youtube scouting mission and it is all so boring. everyone is boring, how are there so may reaction channels, and so badly made. And the irony of complaining about egotistical ytbers, but can they not talk about anything about themselves.
btw, maybe it's just me, but this emoji looks like they are twisting their own head off. which makes for strange reading.
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

I kind of wonder what would happen if someone actually did post D&P's address. While quite a few people obviously do know it, I wouldn't agree that it's most of the phandom by any means. I don't follow Zoella closely enough to really know how much of a reaction there was after pictures of her home were published in the Daily Mail, but I'm not aware of her and Alfie having moved out, so it doesn't seem to have been an insurmountable issue for them? Also I wonder if there would be a massive shit storm, or if in this case people would actually try not to call attention to it. I'd much rather we never found out though!

Also just adding to the chorus of people bored/feeling disconnected. I'd like to get my hopes up re: them having been filming, but I imagine it'll either be on the tour DVD(/whatever it will be), or will only come out at the end of the tour. I'd be surprised if they put it up without filming something in Vegas, and probably LA and Seattle too. A lessamazingphil vid would be an absolute dream, just a little 'look at our weird hotel room/murder motel/the epic food in this diner/creepy backstage area' would really help. Obviously they're working really hard and must be tired and making the most of their downtime - when they're not filming for something else! - but just little things like we had from Japan would make all the difference. I get that they're also likely not doing anything as exciting as Japan, but I will take literally anything right now. Also I don't remember if they said they'd prefilmed a Dil? But surely they must be posting the agar.io Dan vs Phil soon.

And for everyone dreaming of liveshows - I have bad luck with them and am on holiday over their next run of days off (6th/7th of June), so keep your eyes peeled on those days!
corn flakes
moon room

I don't think the majority of people know that info (ex:I never tried to find it nor I stumbled across it), but I would hope that the majority of people are normal enough to keep that info to theirselves and don't be creepy stalkers.I don't care much about zoe but didn't pewd&marzia had to move the first time because of something similar? Also I tend to think it's a troll because here it's an issue of legal nature and whomever it is outted themselves.

As for the disconnection, yes! The video from what i understood will be published at the end of the tour; I don't care even about a ditl or a main channel video, for me it would be enough something on their second channel like try new things food edition.

Ls: it's true that usually I only hear them while I'm doing something else but do any of you know if there's a way around that "pop-up" that appears?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
hola
crusty sponge

I think most people here (maybe not lurkers) know their address, as do older people in the phandom + some stalkers. why they don't have the same problem Zoe has with people visiting her house all the time to my knowledge anyway is that;
1) it's less common knowledge than Zoe's, whose address is the first result on Google if you search for it
2) the age of people who know their address is generally older, thus are more mature than to just physically stalk them and wait at their house
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

internetakeover wrote:I kind of wonder what would happen if someone actually did post D&P's address. While quite a few people obviously do know it, I wouldn't agree that it's most of the phandom by any means. I don't follow Zoella closely enough to really know how much of a reaction there was after pictures of her home were published in the Daily Mail, but I'm not aware of her and Alfie having moved out, so it doesn't seem to have been an insurmountable issue for them? Also I wonder if there would be a massive shit storm, or if in this case people would actually try not to call attention to it. I'd much rather we never found out though!
Zoella's actually had huge problems with "stalkers" - kids coming up to her apartment and ringing her doorbell nonstop. Same thing happened when she moved into that house with Alfie:
"She wrote: 'Really starting to lose my patience with people just turning up at our house & peering in or ringing our bell. Makes me hate my house!'
Alfie, 22, who runs the YouTube channel PointlessBlog, also said their fans needed to get a 'new hobby'.
'Parents who drive their kids to our house and put them on their shoulders so they can lean over our walls and take pictures of us without realising - I see you', he said.
'I am on the sofa in my pyjamas relaxing. Go away. You can't just drive to my house & climb our walls, that's really not fair!'
He later added: Since my last set of tweets, we've had 4 more groups of people leaning over the wall taking photos and shouting etc.
'Oop more people having pictures with our house number... Some people need to get a better hobby.'"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nsion.html

A shitstorm online would definitely happen if Deppy's location got leaked haha. With regards to people actually showing up at their house...well it could go down like Voldy? Everyone telling everyone else to STFU about the location that must not be named? Anyone sharing it getting slammed etc. The Phandom is so well self-policed. Plus I think anyone attempting to show up at their flat would be so heavily cyberbullied criticised it would be stopped pretty quickly, or at least only occur very rarely
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I see so many people with hope for a ditl, i want to have hope too! Is there any reason to believe we're getting one? The last info i remember is that they said in their ls that they aren't vlogging. So i thought if they are actually filming (with a red camera i've read) it must be for them privately or for something alse entirely. The pessimist in me fears it will just be some kind of montage with the group selfies they've taken at every m&g. Where do you guys get your hope? Have i missed something?

I'm currently not as desperate for content as some of you, because we just had a dinof video, but the lack of liveshows is indeed wearing on me. Especially since IF they do another one this tour, it will probs be another joint one :wahh:

EDIT: I hope those blackmailing idiots don't get a reaction from Dan, but a nice letter from Dan's lawyer or the police or however that works in England. And i hope their parents take all their internet devices away as a result.
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

sunday wrote:
internetakeover wrote:I kind of wonder what would happen if someone actually did post D&P's address. While quite a few people obviously do know it, I wouldn't agree that it's most of the phandom by any means. I don't follow Zoella closely enough to really know how much of a reaction there was after pictures of her home were published in the Daily Mail, but I'm not aware of her and Alfie having moved out, so it doesn't seem to have been an insurmountable issue for them? Also I wonder if there would be a massive shit storm, or if in this case people would actually try not to call attention to it. I'd much rather we never found out though!
Zoella's actually had huge problems with "stalkers" - kids coming up to her apartment and ringing her doorbell nonstop. Same thing happened when she moved into that house with Alfie:
"She wrote: 'Really starting to lose my patience with people just turning up at our house & peering in or ringing our bell. Makes me hate my house!'
Alfie, 22, who runs the YouTube channel PointlessBlog, also said their fans needed to get a 'new hobby'.
'Parents who drive their kids to our house and put them on their shoulders so they can lean over our walls and take pictures of us without realising - I see you', he said.
'I am on the sofa in my pyjamas relaxing. Go away. You can't just drive to my house & climb our walls, that's really not fair!'
He later added: Since my last set of tweets, we've had 4 more groups of people leaning over the wall taking photos and shouting etc.
'Oop more people having pictures with our house number... Some people need to get a better hobby.'"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nsion.html
A shitstorm online would definitely happen if Deppy's location got leaked haha. With regards to people actually showing up at their house...well it could go down like Voldy? Everyone telling everyone else to STFU about the location that must not be named? Anyone sharing it getting slammed etc. The Phandom is so well self-policed. Plus I think anyone attempting to show up at their flat would be so heavily cyberbullied criticised it would be stopped pretty quickly, or at least only occur very rarely
Thanks for letting me know about Zoe! That sounds awful, I'm really sad to hear that and feel so bad for them, I'm surprised they haven't moved if it's that bad! Fucking Daily Mail *grumbles* I know Charlie McDonnell(+shitty former housemate) had to move b/c people found their address too, years ago, but I'm not sure more than two or three people had turned up before they decided they'd had enough. I imagine D&P would be more on Charlie's side of things than trying to tolerate/get through it like Zoe and Alfie!

I can definitely imagine it going like Voldy, and as much as people would shame anyone posting pics/talking about it online, that might not stop everyone. Weirdly I think they'd have more of a problem with casual fans if it was easily accessible, people who wouldn't think about how they'd feel about the situation, or without phandom friends to warn them against it.

But again, hopefully we'll never find out!
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

imo there's a difference between 500(just an example) individuals knowing their address and a group of 500 knowing their address. idk how to explain it but a large group is more worrying
plus, they're out of the country for another month or so. you don't want people knowing where you live especially when your house is empty
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
aralik
sad dimple

wtfamidoinghere wrote:I see so many people with hope for a ditl, i want to have hope too! Is there any reason to believe we're getting one? The last info i remember is that they said in their ls that they aren't vlogging. So i thought if they are actually filming (with a red camera i've read) it must be for them privately or for something alse entirely. The pessimist in me fears it will just be some kind of montage with the group selfies they've taken at every m&g. Where do you guys get your hope? Have i missed something?

I'm currently not as desperate for content as some of you, because we just had a dinof video, but the lack of liveshows is indeed wearing on me. Especially since IF they do another one this tour, it will probs be another joint one :wahh:
for me it's more of a gut feeling let's say. i woke up today thinking of dan's tweet yesterday, about the chicago off-day they had, photos we have seen of them in the wild, and suddenly i felt like we're gonna get a video soon, maybe a DITL. it might be a gut feeling that actually turns out to be true, or totally just wishful thinking on my behalf, we shall see. i personally don't really take everything dan says in LS or his tweets as the absolute truth (we're not vlogging, phil got the bedroom, haven't been to an airport), there might be some meaning bending in there so i'm still not ruling out them vlogging or filming themselves outside. but of course that could be also just for private use or the tour video they will release later.
corn flakes wrote: Ls: it's true that usually I only hear them while I'm doing something else but do any of you know if there's a way around that "pop-up" that appears?
you need to sign in with a social media but i don't like doing that so i usually switch to fill screen immediately and then zoom out to like 10% so that pop-up appears small but their face stays the same. then you cannot read the chat which i don't mind but i dunno if you would.
ugh.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Imo, many people know their address
thanks to Dan forgetting to turn off the location service of his tweets + his references of ambulances in front of their flat
but even if absolutely everybody got to know DP address, the overall reaction would be quite different. Firstly, thanks to their "no drama llamas, no opinions" approach to everything in the Internet life, which most of times is tiring (to say the least) but here would profit them, because there's a 99,9% chance of not getting the reaction they want from them.

Secondly, they had issues with it in Manchester, when some fans waited for them in front of their building and were yelling at them in the middle of a LS. Then it only took one serious "stop" from Phil and that was the end of the story. But, most importantly, the phandom itself is its worst and best police: does anyone want to ruin his/her Internet creed, too valuable for Twitter and Tumblr phans, so stupidly? I don't think so.
ironic
lady door

So all the drama is about some kid tweeting they'll reveal D&P address unless Dan responds to them? Honestly I think he'll ignore that completely. How much damage can that one person make? They don't have that many followers on twitter and even out of that group I'd expect most people to be reasonable. And lbr on tumblr for one post leaking the information there'll be 10000 posts about how this is wrong and how some phandom members need to fucking chill.
I'm sure if some people want to know address and use it to stalk them, they can find it anyway. As for the fact that D&P are away form the country, I'd assume their house is well protected. They have the money for that. Unless Dan is spending everything on his clothes.

And I'm definitely not trying to defend them but from my perspective that person is just immature and lacking some education, not a mentally unstable (what even) idiot asshole. But I'm being too sensitive probs.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Ticia wrote:Imo, many people know their address
thanks to Dan forgetting to turn off the location service of his tweets + his references of ambulances in front of their flat
but even if absolutely everybody got to know DP address, the overall reaction would be quite different. Firstly, thanks to their "no drama llamas, no opinions" approach to everything in the Internet life, which most of times is tiring (to say the least) but here would profit them, because there's a 99,9% chance of not getting the reaction they want from them.

Secondly, they had issues with it in Manchester, when some fans waited for them in front of their building and were yelling at them in the middle of a LS. Then it only took one serious "stop" from Phil and that was the end of the story. But, most importantly, the phandom itself is its worst and best police: does anyone want to ruin his/her Internet creed, too valuable for Twitter and Tumblr phans, so stupidly? I don't think so.
Yeah, I agree with that that. The Phandom is incredible at self-policing. But also, their apartment is actually kind of "stalker resistant". They're on the third floor so it's not like people can look through their windows. They share the building with several other tenants who would probably get pretty mad and start calling the police if there were always kids lurking around. In general, the other business owners on their busy commercial street would probably do the same.
Imo that's likely one of the reasons Deppy stay in that apartment. They've seen the drama that comes with moving to somewhere more private and realize they're better off where they are until that urge to get a koi pond and shibe gets overwhelming.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
starlight-still
truth bomb

We're getting weary of the tour and I'm starting to get as as everyone else about it but in the blink of an eye it will be over. Only three weeks left now and that will fly by. And maybe, just maybe, they'll step up their game a bit now that the end is in sight.

I mean, I did a little DvP marathon last night half hoping that they'd at least post the freakin' agar.io that we KNOW they have queued up but

IckleMissMayhem wrote: IIt'll be ok though, because Sister Daniel is clearly looking out for us all via tumblr:
and
ironic wrote:What kind of strange black magic do you use, D&P?
=me everyday when it comes to them

In all seriousness, though, I like spiritual/wellness/etc. Dan and even though he's doing it ironically most of the time you know what they say, truth in jest.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Their address has been leaked on both Twitter and Tumblr before, but it never stays up long. I think that in the case of Twitter, if enough people report an account the user will be suspended immediately and staff will look at it later to decide whether it was justified (and leaks of personal info always are).

Actually wasn't there some drama a while ago about how allegedly a few girls kept hanging out near the flat and that Phil asked them to stop when he kept seeing them? I think it was proven to be fake, but it caused a collective phandom freakout anyway.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bee
phabergé

I mean, their attention-seeking seems to be working, since we're all talking about it here. ;)

So, how do you think is doing? Do they have a housesitter for the plants? Does Phil has to have a massive burial when they get home meanwhile Dan is cackling in Glee? Or are the plants Dan's and is Plant-Phil just Persona? What Void is Phil trying to fill with his plants? Is he Secretly a plant and has been Hiding this from us since 2009? Where are the Deleted Plant-Tweets? Is there a Timeline?
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

bee wrote:So, how do you think is doing? Do they have a housesitter for the plants? Does Phil has to have a massive burial when they get home meanwhile Dan is cackling in Glee? Or are the plants Dan's and is Plant-Phil just Persona? What Void is Phil trying to fill with his plants? Is he Secretly a plant and has been Hiding this from us since 2009? Where are the Deleted Plant-Tweets? Is there a Timeline?

of course a bee would be so interested in plants! not that their plants have many flowers, but you know what I mean