Dan & Phil Part 13: So Bored That This Is Our Thread Name

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I hope we get at least one more liveshow before the end of tour. I think they have more frequent days off in June then they did last month so hopefully they'll manage at least that much.
Catallena wrote:I'm mostly wondering why people still bother? They should know by now they're getting basic answers to their (usually basic) questions right? Are they that easily satisfied?
If you're not easily satisfied then celeb meet and greets are probably not for you.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

pearshaped34 wrote:
Catallena wrote:I'm mostly wondering why people still bother? They should know by now they're getting basic answers to their (usually basic) questions right? Are they that easily satisfied?
If you're not easily satisfied then celeb meet and greets are probably not for you.
I know :') Never seemed like much more than a giant waste of money to me.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Page 36. *glares at * DO/SAY SOMETHING!!! :roll:
I don't think it's going to happen, we'll have to make a thread title ourselves again :roll:
Last edited by NarrysCanary on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:biheart:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

jaej wrote:
apparently, yep. but i know when i've met people in situations similar to that, it takes a day or two before you calm down and realise 'actually, that was nice but really not as amazing as i thought'. hype and excitement kind of covers any realisation that the meeting is brief and one of many, identical meetings to happen in that timeframe, even if it was still enjoyable. id assume people ask because they want a better answer, but dont really care when the reality happens
''I love house plants.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do you, Phil? Do you love them in a P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C way? (I'm going to stop now, sorry.)

I also blame it on the fact that some of Deppy's younger audience probably think that their personas are their real personalities.

Speaking of personas(I really hate that word at this point, but sadly there is no good synonym for it,) does anyone else think it's interesting just how tightly controlled their personas are even compared to other YouTubers with a large audience/easily excitable fandom? I also follow Zoella and Tyler Oakley's media presence to some extent, and both of them still manage to tweet things or answer fan questions that make them sound like human beings sometimes. Not everything from Zoella is ''sweet and bubbly'' and even Tyler isn't the stereotypical sassy gay friend all the time.
Last edited by coffee pig on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

bedhead91 wrote: ''I love house plants.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do you, Phil? Do you love them in a P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C way? (I'm going to stop now, sorry.)
I started googling and somehow i found a cactus dildo

Sorry Poe
Last edited by akui on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

bedhead91 wrote:
''I love plants.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do you, Phil? Do you love them in a P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C way? (I'm going to stop now, sorry.)
Nah, he likes them in a P-L-A-N-T-O-N-I-C way, that is the truth I live by.

I'll let myself out.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

DryCereal
koi pond

akui: I don't even want to know what you were googling to find that. :shock:
I hate myself for this thought.. but Phil has form for leaving cacti in the wrong places... lets hope one enver finds it's way into their "special drawer"
Anonymousse wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
''I love plants.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do you, Phil? Do you love them in a P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C way? (I'm going to stop now, sorry.)
Nah, he likes them in a P-L-A-N-T-O-N-I-C way, that is the truth I live by.

I'll let myself out.
:gg: Immediate unstan.
Last edited by DryCereal on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

You know the content drought is real when we start searching for plant-shaped dildos maybe our next thread name will be about dildos, who knows ?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

akui wrote:
bedhead91 wrote: ''I love house plants.'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Do you, Phil? Do you love them in a P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C way? (I'm going to stop now, sorry.)
I started googling and somehow i found a cactus dildo

Sorry Poe
This thread has became even weirder than usual these last few pages. I kind of love it.
lilMango
morning quiff

bedhead91 wrote: Speaking of personas(I really hate that word at this point, but sadly there is no good synonym for it,) does anyone else think it's interesting just how tightly controlled their personas are even compared to other YouTubers with a large audience/easily excitable fandom? I also follow Zoella and Tyler Oakley's media presence to some extent, and both of them still manage to tweet things or answer fan questions that make them sound like human beings sometimes. Not everything from Zoella is ''sweet and bubbly'' and even Tyler isn't the stereotypical sassy gay friend all the time.
This is my thought as well. D+P are super-hyper-controlled in that way, and moreso lately. It might be from pure laziness that they pick their "go-to" answers, but it probably has more to do with deliberately making sure they don't step out of their comfort zones.

We can do it guys, more than halfway done with the tour! And it will end with a bang of content from Vidcon.

Nonny....just take your stupid plant puns and LEAF
... im sorry
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Page 36. *glares at * DO/SAY SOMETHING!!! :roll:

Why do I feel the need to use so many memes?

[offtopic]When Eurovision happened, we talked a bit about making an IDB chatroom for casual bants. Should we continue working with the idea? [/offtopic]
DryCereal
koi pond

Sister Daniel's given up and is barricading the doors to the convent right now.

Ticia wrote:[offtopic]When Eurovision happened, we talked a bit about making an IDB chatroom for casual bants. Should we continue working with the idea? [/offtopic]
It's still open ;)

#IDBEurovision
Last edited by DryCereal on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

Anonymousse wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I'm curious about whether they hardcore limitation on potential answers is because they're lazy or just because they're super aware of accidentally giving something away or accidentally saying something that has implications they can't control.
ding ding ding
I read that as ding ding dong
Love is forever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

swofro wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I'm curious about whether they hardcore limitation on potential answers is because they're lazy or just because they're super aware of accidentally giving something away or accidentally saying something that has implications they can't control.
ding ding ding
I read that as ding ding dong
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hunnyftw
phabergé

swofro wrote:ding ding dong
Maybe this should be our next thread's title. Imo it's kind of ten times better than anything Deppy provide us with at the moment... :lol:

I'm lowkey starting to hate this tour. HALP!
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

hunnyftw wrote: I'm lowkey starting to hate this tour. HALP!
I'm starting to hate it too, let's hate together :platonic:
Waggle9007
sofa crease

I actually think I'm going to go insane.....At least the drought has meant I've got a crap load of revision done for uni exams :lol: Seems like the twitter phandom are feeling it too Please d&p for the love of everything, just DO SOMETHING :?
swofro
angel bean

NarrysCanary wrote:
I'm starting to hate it too
I don't want to be rude to people who are waiting to meet them soon but I also kinda dislike it. Ugh. I wish we have a liveshow soon. Or a 30 second clip of them eating American food or maybe even a tweet about how Dan miss his haru pillow (so we can have aomething controversial to discuss / inspiring some fanarts)

I think the best thing happen recently is just danandphilbodyguards (on instagram) mod met Drake and he kinda approved the instagram account. :D
Love is forever
hunnyftw
phabergé

NarrysCanary wrote:
I'm starting to hate it too
Seriously, what scares me the most is that the general boredom of it all managed to put me off contributing on IDB. I just have absolutely nothing to say, write, almost no opinions whatsoever because nothing is happening. I'm a crusty sponge. The bants are still on point though, that's why I'm still lurking

Also, swofro , I don't think that expressing our frustration is rude to the people who attended or will attend the tour. They have their thing to get excited for and good for them. On the other hand, the rest of us can apparently rot away for all that care, so it's only natural that we're getting impatient
Last edited by hunnyftw on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

IckleMissMayhem wrote: #IDBEurovision
It's usually IckleMissMayhem, me and/or Poe and/or bluebox-away there ='D.

Not a constant stream of blabber but super fun .

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Hey guys, time to vote for the next thread name

*prays that Dan and Phil don't do anything thread-name worthy in the next few hours*

*or maybe prays that they do, thread name be damned*
busy being happy~
DryCereal
koi pond

Anonymousse wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: #IDBEurovision
It's usually IckleMissMayhem, me and/or Poe and/or bluebox-away there ='D.

Not a constant stream of blabber but super fun .
swofro
angel bean

hunnyftw wrote:I'm a crusty sponge.
No honey, you are a sad dimple.
I am talking about your rank, in case my joke is too farfetched and lame.
Love is forever
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Waggle9007 wrote:I actually think I'm going to go insane.....At least the drought has meant I've got a crap load of revision done for uni exams :lol:
Even through the drought I couldn't get my uni work done so to you
swofro wrote: I don't want to be rude to people who are waiting to meet them soon but I also kinda dislike it. Ugh. I wish we have a liveshow soon. Or a 30 second clip of them eating American food or maybe even a tweet about how Dan miss his haru pillow (so we can have aomething controversial to discuss / inspiring some fanarts)
A 30 second of something wouldn't still be enough for me tbh
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua wrote:Hey guys, time to vote for the next thread name

*prays that Dan and Phil don't do anything thread-name worthy in the next few hours*

*or maybe prays that they do, thread name be damned*
They're waiting for you to post
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease