Dan & Phil Part 1: The Mods are NOT EXEMPT FROM ANY RULES

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
awkwardly
living flop

vincentian wrote:
Sorry for no timestamps, those are just clips with a lot of good moments. Finger football as a bonus. :P

omg that cow one no matter how many nights I spend on youtube I'll never catch up with all the years, am I
(but yeah today, not the best day, so I really needed that laugh thank you for that! and yes I completely agree that though I knew about D&P for a while what now keeps me interested is more these talks then D&P themselves...it's an awesome place )
~but the golden age is over
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Bryony tweet:
(I'm going to attempt to embed)

https://twitter.com/BryonyCloud/status/ ... 5393545216

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

spaceguitar wrote:Bryony tweet:

take out the s just after the http and place it in the twitter tag like below but without the spaces :

[Twitter] http://twitter.com/BryonyCloud/status/7 ... 5393545216 [/Twitter]
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

timtam wrote: I feel the same guys! If they came to Australia i'd seriously think about it but I don't think the cost for me would be worth it. I'd have to travel really far to see them and book hotel rooms etc. I'd be terrified i'd just go and it would be all second hand embarrassment. Even though everyone here has said the tour was good I just can't wrap my head around the idea of them on stage.
If they came to Sydney, I'm hiring a child actor.

Re radio show, to me i like radioshow the most over their other contents, because they just feel so relax, and cozy, as vincentian said. I feel like unlike their youtube videos when they can do multiple takes and editing, and liveshows with the chats going crazy and constantly reminding them of almost complete nonsense, radioshow is a nice place where they surrounded by familiar people, with little to no amount of judgement on them (except for the producer shouting NOOoo at them when Phil say poo too much) and not pretending too much to pander a 12 yr demographics.

I said I wasn't gonna be sad about it but now I'm sad. :sobs:
Last edited by akui on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

missemma wrote:
spaceguitar wrote:Bryony tweet:

take out the s just after the http and place it in the twitter tag like below but without the spaces :

[Twitter] http://twitter.com/BryonyCloud/status/7 ... 5393545216 [/Twitter]
Wow! I understand now! thanks! (this is not sarcastic)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

spaceguitar wrote: Wow! I understand now! thanks! (this is not sarcastic)
that's okay :) if you need any further help with the tags then there is a faq's post here

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

*panting heavily* I'm trying so hard to keep up with this thread and I fuckin LOVE it. Much chat. Very bants.

Phil's 10 year anniversary - I think he will have genuinely been too busy since Xmas to do anything proper for it. To me there's two acceptable approaches: do something big, or take the 'modest and unassuming' option and let it go by fairly quietly. Basically 'go big or go home'. Phil went home oh well. Very much suspect Dan not tweeting or acknowledging it generally was in aid of that approach. We know how he likes to show off about Phil's longevity... I always knew this but it really hit home this week when I watched him show off about Phil's 9 year anniversary on a panel (can't remember which) and boast about Shane Dawson messaging Phil asking for a when Shane had about 200 subs but Phil had to many messages to see it on another panel. Truly Phil trash no.1 and he really likes to laud it over everyone which I find super endearing haha. Clearly he'll take any chance he can get to show off about him so I very much doubt it was just an oversight.

Radio show - saw it coming a mile off. Weirdly for me, hasn't ever been something I'm super into but my condolences to those who loved it. I wouldn't worry though - their trajectory in terms of non-YT media has been going only one way in the last few years and that's up. I don't doubt there'll be something to replace it.

My favourite time in the phandom - somewhat bizarrely it was the Making a Murderer marathon with sweet potato fries that fancybum brought back up. Probably because that was my first 'investigation' (not a patch on Japhan or IoM or many others, I know) while being an active poster. It also permanently glued my phan goggles to my face because that whole thing was phan AF. As someone said (sorry, so many pages I can't remember who) I'm soooo here for the slip ups and I ain't mad about it

The shoes - burn them with the hottest hellfire. Awful. Look like flippers. Fuck the fuck off with the zips already it is DONE. I say this with affection because I like that they don't wear boring clothes - I'd rather he wore some truly gag-worthy zip shoes sometimes and was interesting generally than he dressed like a Topshop mannequin his whole life. But honestly... they are fuckin broke
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

akui wrote:
timtam wrote: I feel the same guys! If they came to Australia i'd seriously think about it but I don't think the cost for me would be worth it. I'd have to travel really far to see them and book hotel rooms etc. I'd be terrified i'd just go and it would be all second hand embarrassment. Even though everyone here has said the tour was good I just can't wrap my head around the idea of them on stage.
akui, omg, this is hilarious.

Also I'm just going to put myself out there as one of those who would be weirdly intimidated / uncomfortable by the idea of meeting them. If I met them in a store I would probably say hi, and say I watch their videos, but in a formal setting I don't think I'd be able to do it. And I have no interest in seeing TATINOF live. :tongue:
busy being happy~
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

alittledizzy wrote:
Definitely 30 (hey, 31 by the time the show I'm going to happens!) and definitely going, no fucks given. One of the true joys of adulthood is spending your money on things you want to without the fear of being judged. I mean, I'll wave happily to the kids near me as I sip an alcoholic beverage and luxuriate in staring at Dan and Phil from a third row view for two hours.
I like you.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oqua wrote:
akui wrote:
akui, omg, this is hilarious.

Also I'm just going to put myself out there as one of those who would be weirdly intimidated / uncomfortable by the idea of meeting them. If I met them in a store I would probably say hi, and say I watch their videos, but in a formal setting I don't think I'd be able to do it. And I have no interest in seeing TATINOF live. :tongue:
I am actually someone who is more comfortable meeting a celebrity in a formal setting. I feel much better about it when I know that they are there with the expectation of me giving them something (money) in exchange for them giving me something (a brief amount of one on one time), and both of us knowing fully well the nature of the encounter. (As opposed to seeing them in a store or a casual setting where I'd feel like I was crossing some invisible barrier or inconveniencing them.)

That said, I did VIP because I wanted a really close seat not because I really wanted to meet them. But since it came lumped together I'm not gonna turn it down. (I mean, I hear they have candy for VIPs. And I like candy.) I'll take the chance to creepy-sniff Phil when I get a hug and enjoy one of Dan's four patented, scripted Fan Comments/Compliments (will he like my hair? or will it be my t-shirt? the suspense!!) and take a picture that I'll basically never look at again and then I'll walk away aware and somewhat comforted by the fact that they will have forgotten my existence the moment I was out of their line of sight, so no awkwardness or embarrassment is even needed.
cora808 wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
Definitely 30 (hey, 31 by the time the show I'm going to happens!) and definitely going, no fucks given. One of the true joys of adulthood is spending your money on things you want to without the fear of being judged. I mean, I'll wave happily to the kids near me as I sip an alcoholic beverage and luxuriate in staring at Dan and Phil from a third row view for two hours.
I like you.
:D
Last edited by alittledizzy on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

cbgb wrote:

I'm also on team zipper shoes, mostly because I think the ninja ones are much much worse by comparison (ugh, that ugly shape. they should wear more italian designers, tyvm)

yes I was about to say the same exact thing! I have no strong opinion about the zipper shoes but detest the ninja shoes. They make his feet look so weird!
daphenaxa
blobfish

loststars wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:
loststars wrote: Apparently there are quite a few people from Eastern Europe?
I see Eastern Europe, I react.

Yes. :)
:platonic:

[offtopic]Which hard-liquor-drinking country is yours? :D I'm from Bulgaria :) I see a lot of 'Russia this and that' comments on their ls', so it would be interesting to know how many people watch them around these parts.[/offtopic]
this made me wonder if Dan and Phil would like hard liquors. If they do a tour in Europe and I manage to go see them, I'd like to give them rakija but I am not sure they would drink it tbh.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
lilMango
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote:
Oqua wrote:
I am actually someone who is more comfortable meeting a celebrity in a formal setting. I feel much better about it when I know that they are there with the expectation of me giving them something (money) in exchange for them giving me something (a brief amount of one on one time), and both of us knowing fully well the nature of the encounter. (As opposed to seeing them in a store or a casual setting where I'd feel like I was crossing some invisible barrier or inconveniencing them.)

That said, I did VIP because I wanted a really close seat not because I really wanted to meet them. But since it came lumped together I'm not gonna turn it down. (I mean, I hear they have candy for VIPs. And I like candy.) I'll take the chance to creepy-sniff Phil when I get a hug and get enjoy of Dan's four patented, scripted Fan Comments/Compliments (will he like my hair? or will it be my t-shirt? the suspense!!) and take a picture that I'll basically never look at again and then I'll walk away aware and somewhat comforted by the fact that they will have forgotten my existence the moment I was out of their line of sight, so no awkwardness or embarrassment is even needed.
This is painfully real. I would pretty much only want to meet them for that few seconds of WTF THEYRE REAL HUMANS AND NOT HOLOGRAMS.
Also I agree with the comfort of meeting them in a formal setting. If I saw them in public I would probably malfunction and collapse due to the stress from the inner conflict of "I RLY WANT TO MEET THEM But oh my god what if I interrupt them from doing something important???"
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

daphenaxa wrote:
loststars wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:

[offtopic]Which hard-liquor-drinking country is yours? :D I'm from Bulgaria :) I see a lot of 'Russia this and that' comments on their ls', so it would be interesting to know how many people watch them around these parts.[/offtopic]
this made me wonder if Dan and Phil would like hard liquors. If they do a tour in Europe and I manage to go see them, I'd like to give them rakija but I am not sure they would drink it tbh.
These are Dan's thoughts on alcohol as of August 2011. Sorry that all I can provide is 4-year-old information. They've probably discussed it more recently somewhere, so if anyone remembers feel free to add. haha.

busy being happy~
kay
phabergé

bedhead91 wrote: Dan reacting to the selfie :lol:
This killed me! :lol:

So much to catch up on omg we're moving fast these days, too lazy to quote but

re: the radio show, I'm so sad about this! Like akui said, I liked that it was a bit freer in terms of content, hit a lot of different topics, and I liked the anecdotes in little short bursts. Even though it was only once a month I still looked forward to watching/listening and lbr for recaps with their awk moments

re: bour, I was on the fence initially as I'm well above their "demographic" but I'm really glad I got tickets now hearing the positive things everyone who has been is saying, like a lot of you here it seems I'm also the kind of person that doesn't want to do M&G, I feel super awk in general so I think meeting someone famous would be even more so. even though I'm sure I'll regret it later lol

re: Dan's ls, am I the only one? But I love his ranty film diatribes he goes on, give me more Cloverfield snobby reviews, I eat it up!
lilMango
morning quiff

oqua wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:
loststars wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:

These are Dan's thoughts on alcohol as of August 2011. Sorry that all I can provide is 4-year-old information. They've probably discussed it more recently somewhere, so if anyone remembers feel free to add. haha.
I also saw him somewhere in a formspring video saying he really liked tequila, and he also said he hated vodka in the same video lol... can't remember which one it was
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
stella
living flop

Hello all! Stella here! :) A huge thank-you to peeeepins and Delta503 for redirecting me here!
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

stella2000 wrote:Hello all! Stella here! :) A huge thank-you to peeeepins and Delta503 for redirecting me here!
Hi! We've missed you haha. Welcome aboard!!
busy being happy~
cherry
crusty sponge

lilMango wrote: I also saw him somewhere in a formspring video saying he really liked tequila, and he also said he hated vodka in the same video lol... can't remember which one it was
this one?

also i just realized someone already posted this so nevermind
Last edited by cherry on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
the rumors are terrible and cruel
but, honey, most of them are true
timtam
lady door

For some reason I can't quote the twitter posts (it just comes up as a bunch of code but I'm useless at this so I've probably deleted something)

But Omg Bryony. I love her. And that reply from Dan - That is the kind of existential crisis material I want to see from Dan.
akui wrote:
I'll happily pay for half of the child actor and we can both go as their parents!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

busy being happy~