Requests

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

spider wrote:Brought this up with the wonderful oqua but it was unable to be resolved so asking here. When a private message has more than one recipient it gives this error message.

No subject or message typed or sent yet. Just adding recipients one at a time gives the message after the first recipient. Can it be fixed or is it set like this because of prophpbb?
Pretty sure this is just because of propphpbb. One day we will move to our own host and we will be able to have more options and things like this should be resolved then :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
jesp
why bother

The ability to send Private Messages or Emails to multiple recipients is NOT active on Prophpbb

This is a conscience decision to limit spam... Bulk Pm's are often used by spammers who register then flood members with spam
https://support.prophpbb.com/topic3963. ... 951#p24892

Unfortunately, it is out of our hands.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Thanks missemma and Jesp.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

is it possible to add an option to have your twitter/tumblr handle show up in the info under your avatar when you post? (like the pronouns thing why am i so bad at explaining myself jfc)

i know you can add it to your profile but having it show up there would save me from having to remind people who the fuck i am on twitter all the time since my twitter handle has nothing to do with my username here

this is so lazy and first world problem lol sorry feel free to tell me to fuck off
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
jesp
why bother

trashqueen wrote:is it possible to add an option to have your twitter/tumblr handle show up in the info under your avatar when you post? (like the pronouns thing why am i so bad at explaining myself jfc)

i know you can add it to your profile but having it show up there would save me from having to remind people who the fuck i am on twitter all the time since my twitter handle has nothing to do with my username here

this is so lazy and first world problem lol sorry feel free to tell me to fuck off
We've thought about doing this, but ultimately decided not to. You're welcome to add unobtrusive links to your twitter and tumblr {and so on} to your signature.
fancybum
senpai

Totally nit-picky, but in the Other Youtubers area, people keep making topics without capitalising both names (Mattew lush etc) and it looks really stupid. Can somebody grammar it up over there pls (or not, your call).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
jesp
why bother

fancybum wrote:Totally nit-picky, but in the Other Youtubers area, people keep making topics without capitalising both names (Mattew lush etc) and it looks really stupid. Can somebody grammar it up over there pls (or not, your call).
Sure can.
corn flakes
moon room

Going to ask here as I can't find anything else:
How does one put a link for a tumblr image? I tried but
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
spider
ar·tic·u·late

corn flakes wrote:Going to ask here as I can't find anything else:
How does one put a link for a tumblr image? I tried but
Right click the picture or tap and hold on your phone or tablet to get the link. It ends in .jpg, .png, or .gif usually. Put it in the img tags.

Code: Select all

[img]http://danielfuckinghowell.tumblr.com/post/147650256065/me-when-baking[/img]
:tsk:

Code: Select all

[img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/45caf8dbeaa235eb21ed56d30161e086/tumblr_oakm0fCdyB1rgrtjto1_400.gif[/img][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/f894b3011e4cd66f54d57c2fb25e7f31/tumblr_oakm0fCdyB1rgrtjto2_400.gif[/img]
:thumb:
Image Image
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Request-Can the posts of banned users or at least instant banned troll users be hidden? An example is when a user is on the foe list and their post appears like this.

Troll posts interrupt the flow of a thread and if they are enough to ban the user then the post might be worth deleting or at least hiding.
eevee
emo goose

spider wrote:Troll posts interrupt the flow of a thread and if they are enough to ban the user then the post might be worth deleting or at least hiding.
i agree
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bluewho
truth bomb

eevee wrote:
spider wrote:Troll posts interrupt the flow of a thread and if they are enough to ban the user then the post might be worth deleting or at least hiding.
i agree
I also agree with this. I was just on the 'phandom conspiracy theory' thread and the homophobic troll posts there have the potential to upset people who are reading through, as they upset me (what a sad world we live in where being gay is a 'joke' to some people). Is it possible to simply hide or edit such posts to avoid upsetting future readers?
I realize this can also be applied to my own post from the other day. I feel like silly posts like that do not add anything to the discussion and ought to be removed if they are at risk of upsetting future readers.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Request.

Don't know if it is allowed to make a request for a new rule. In just the last couple weeks there were this many trolling threads.
http://indepthbants.com/topic479.html
http://indepthbants.com/topic456.html
http://indepthbants.com/topic452.html
Maybe the thread should be locked immediately after a moderator note and the user should be banned. It's obvious the people do not want to be part of the forum or discussion but only came to get attention and trouble so do they deserve a 2nd chance to post more in the trolling thread or any thread?
eevee
emo goose

spider wrote: Maybe the thread should be locked immediately after a moderator note and the user should be banned. It's obvious the people do not want to be part of the forum or discussion but only came to get attention and trouble so do they deserve a 2nd chance to post more in the trolling thread or any thread?
I agree, I don't understand why this person was encouraged to post more when they clearly just wanted to bitch and moan at us to try to make us feel bad (and unfortunately I think it may have worked on one or more people) Usually we just ban trolls so this was really interesting to me and kinda stuck out? Basically I agree with spider
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
jesp
why bother

eevee wrote:I agree, I don't understand why this person was encouraged to post more when they clearly just wanted to bitch and moan at us to try to make us feel bad (and unfortunately I think it may have worked on one or more people) Usually we just ban trolls so this was really interesting to me and kinda stuck out? Basically I agree with spider
Speaking about this particular case, I chose to mod them based on them coming close to breaking rule 1 {about being respectful to other users}, rather than rule 10 {trolling}, because I felt that their post was not a detriment to the board to a level that would require stronger action.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I have to agree with Jesp on this. I think that the other cases had been sorted pretty quickly, those users were subsequently banned and the threads locked. but each case is looked at and discussed in detail.

As a team we are always monitoring and discussing potential situations which could flare up, we do a lot of work behind the scenes to ensure that people feel safe and enjoy posting here and are constantly monitoring the forum for issues. I hope that will reassure you.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Is it possible to pop the music videos under spoilers in the d&p music thread please? I'd love to read it but it won't load on my iPhone :cry:
jesp
why bother

biatchqueen wrote:Is it possible to pop the music videos under spoilers in the d&p music thread please? I'd love to read it but it won't load on my iPhone :cry:
Sure thing.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Thank you jesp :D
karma_yeah
philussy

If anyone has time to make a couple of festive holiday emojis, that would be fun. May be a string of lights, x-mas tree, snowflake? Something to represent gaymas/gamingmas?
What goes around, comes around Image
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I was wondering if there was any way to create a (mobile) icon for the forum?

I have the forum saved as a webpage on my phone. Currently, because it doesn't have an icon, it changes regularly between a screenshot of the forum itself or a blank icon:

If a website has an icon, it can look v nice and aesthetic:

Happy to contribute a design or dig into what the code for that has to look like, but my phone-organizing heart was curious if it was a possibility. :-D
human
dan hand trash

rizzo wrote:I was wondering if there was any way to create a (mobile) icon for the forum?

I have the forum saved as a webpage on my phone. Currently, because it doesn't have an icon, it changes regularly between a screenshot of the forum itself or a blank icon:

If a website has an icon, it can look v nice and aesthetic:

Happy to contribute a design or dig into what the code for that has to look like, but my phone-organizing heart was curious if it was a possibility. :-D
Hmm, possibly. I think it might use a website's favicon as the shortcut icon so I'll have a look at this today. Good question!
karma_yeah
philussy

If possible, I'd love an empty glass emoji for times of drought. And thanks for everything y'all do!
What goes around, comes around Image