Dan & Phil Part 2: lol bye gg

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

GG is dead. Long live IDB!

Welcome everyone, to *the site that shall not be named, ty.
angrymob wrote:Image
(many thanks to felucca for the quote, and to angrymob for the image)
(felucca's post has since been deleted from GG, of course)
busy being happy~
blueapple_x
flower crown

Re: what's your favourite alcohol clip

Did he just say "I'm a massive gay when it comes to that" ? Or did I mishear? (about 2 seconds into the vid)

I'm still on the fence about tatinof.....I kind of want to go and I kind of don't because I also suffer from second hand embarrassment. I don't really like being surrounded by loud screaming in general lol.

All this talk of alcohol makes me want to have a cold beer.
Last edited by blueapple_x on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

timtam wrote:
akui wrote: If they came to Sydney, I'm hiring a child actor.
I'll happily pay for half of the child actor and we can both go as their parents!
Yeah, totally man, I can't believe I'm becoming a parent before Deppy.

Crying because when can we get an real amazingdaddy & mumisnotonfire? :sobs:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

blueapple_x wrote:Re: what's your favourite alcohol clip

Did he just say "I'm a massive gay when it comes to that" ? Or did I mishear? (about 2 seconds into the vid)

I'm still on the fence about tatinof.....I kind of want to go and I kind of don't because I also suffer from second hand embarrassment. I don't really like being surrounded by loud screaming in general lol.

All this talk of alcohol makes me want to open a cold can of beer.
Pretty sure that's exactly what he said. -_-

Edit: I find Dan's former tendency to disparagingly/jokingly call himself gay/homosexual pretty interesting.

Here's an example from a 2013 liveshow (which sooner or later I will post a whole bunch of quotes from, because it has a lot of fascinating stuff):
“Isn’t that a song? ‘She’s too thick now she’s too thin, you want a piece of me.’ Yup. TOTALLY NOT HOMOSEXUAL DAN. You know all the words to Britney Spears.”

Then he thinks to himself in an exaggerated manner, says, “Why do I know all the words to that?” and talks about how he had a friend who always used to listen to it in art lessons and “God that was annoying. Constantly.” (Massive thanks for clarifying that you thought it was annoying, Dan, or we might have all assumed you really were homosexual!! )
busy being happy~
palpable
squish

You guys...honestly. I have been gone for a day and there are 15 pages to catch up on! I am in my last semester of uni, have mercy on me pls

Anyways, I found this video of a will smith radio interview he did after he released the first album in forever. I fond it really interesting as he also talks about failure and the pressure you get from "winning" too much. He starts talking about it from the 2:50 mark

[YouTube] http://youtu.be/CT4zlcKgOm8 [/YouTube]

You could also relate this to Dan and phil in a sense. I think they really need to fail a bit with something in order for them to take creative risks again. I dont want to see them suffer, but a small setback could bring out their creative sides again. Right now they are very comfortable in their positions and things are going well so they dont want to take risks and they are under immense pressure from the phandom to perform and deliver d&p.

Great things are born out of a little adversity. Take risks! Try new things!

icklebrina
living flop

akui wrote:
timtam wrote:
I'll happily pay for half of the child actor and we can both go as their parents!

Can I be the doting aunt?

However, since I kind of doubt they'll come here - I'd love to (eventually) hear more of what is supposed to be happening with the filming of the tour. I have so many questions. Will it be a DVD? Online? Different versions of the different tours? Behind the scenes?
Lobster
glabella

icklebrina wrote:
akui wrote:
timtam wrote:

If they come to Australia we should create a fake extended family so all the older fans can use the child actor as a beard 8-)
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I hope they edit some stuff for the US tour because just reading people talk about the
twerking
part makes me cringe and want to die.

also, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, some people have really tall gifs as theyre signature and it hurts my eyes. please resize it.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
daphenaxa
blobfish

Lobster wrote:
icklebrina wrote:
akui wrote:
timtam wrote:

If they come to Australia we should create a fake extended family so all the older fans can use the child actor as a beard 8-)
lol this makes me giggle thinking about it.
"and here is the child who is a fan of you... and his 15 aunts who came with just to be helpful"
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
majitzu
angel bean

palpable wrote:
Repair Link, you need to use the link from the computer website, the app and mobile one doesn't work ;)
akui
blobfish

daphenaxa wrote:
Lobster wrote:
"and here is the child who is a fan of you... and his 15 aunts who came with just to be helpful"
Jesus christ I'm dying laughing. We should just contact the tumblr phandom and be "be my fake niece i will buy you drinks", which eventually lead to us being arrested by the po po.
palpable
squish

majitzu wrote:
palpable wrote:
Repair Link, you need to use the link from the computer website, the app and mobile one doesn't work ;)
Thank you! Didnt know that
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

daphenaxa wrote:
Lobster wrote:
icklebrina wrote:
akui wrote:
timtam wrote:

I miss the "thanks" button so much.
I added this emoticon.
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean

akui wrote:
timtam wrote:

To avoid being accused of child slavery (it's night babe) :lol: ; do what I normally do when I need to attend a function alone. I hang some official lay card around my neck and carry a small note pad. Of course be prepared if others mistook you for officials.
akui
blobfish

sweetmm wrote: To avoid being accused of child slavery (it's night babe) :lol: ; do what I normally do when I need to attend a function alone. I hang some official lay card around my neck and carry a small note pad. Of course be prepared if others mistook you for officials.
hear hear, the sound of wisdom.

Since the thread "amazingdaddy & mumisnotonfire" is not happening, i made some meme to offer my condolences. :sobs:

timtam
lady door

daphenaxa wrote:
Lobster wrote:
icklebrina wrote:
akui wrote:
timtam wrote:

This is definitely happening if they come to Australia!
ayane
squish

I'm going to TATINOF alone, without a child to act as the focal point. No shame. ok, maybe some shame

I haven't thought this through have I. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Hi,

RANDOM ALERT. :tongue:

Okay, so back in February I watched an old Liveshow of Dan's from February 5, 2013 and took detailed notes on it. Then I just never posted them anywhere. So I figured I might as well post them now. :mrgreen:

For context: This is his first liveshow after he hit a million subscribers.

Here's the liveshow:

And here are some interesting timestamps! :)

Enjoy:

2:00 - implication that Phil has his Tumblr password?

7:12 - (regarding his million subscribers video) - “Hopefully it’ll be interesting in some way, and I won’t cry like Shane Dawson.”

8:34 - “Are you sure you’re British?” - “Well, you know, adopted grandma, slightly Mexican is the theory everybody’s thinking, who knows.”

8:44 - No, the Vegas video won’t be his million subscribers video

11:30 - He introduced himself to Jenna Marbles while he was drunk, he touched her butt accidentally at Playlist live, talk of assorted YouTubers, Smosh, NigaHiga, etc.

12:00 - “Have you got any plans for Valentine’s Day?” - “I’m not one of those people that gets lonely at Valentine’s Day. I just — I just don’t for any reason.” [hmm I wonder why not ;)]

17:00 - “Someone said, ‘So, gay marriage is legal’ — Yeahhhhh! Go House of Commons! Whoo! That’s the advantage of the UK legal system: the House of Commons can use the ~power of democracy~ to keep the old farts in the House of Lords from having opinions that stick. No one understood what I just said. Anyway—”

18:30 - He says to Google “I am Mexican” if you haven’t seen it. Apparently the the video is quite funny. [oh dan :roll:]

19:10 - “Do you travel a lot?” - I don’t travel as much as I’d like to; I always see the twins like, ‘Oh I’m going to Sri Lanka and South Africa’ and I’m like I miss traveling. ‘Cause I used to — my family didn’t used to have a very big house but we used to go on holiday every year, which was kind of a thing. So I had some friends that had kinda big houses but they never left the country; they thought that France was exotic. Whereas I’d been to like Australia! and stuff, so… I would like to go on more adventures. I want to go to like Africa or something, that’d be cool.” [I found this interesting due to the vague talk of family's financial situation, Sri Lanka, adventures, etc.]

25:49 - “Why do we never see your family in your videos?” - “’Cause it’s called privacy.....I'm JOKING haha!” [sure you are, dan, sure you are]

29:24 - “Can you tell us about your last girlfriend?” - “What, when I was seventeen? It was really funny, I saw a fricking post on Tumblr that was a quote from me that I said fricking ages ago about love — which was stupid — but, erm, I was talking about my girlfriend at the time and everyone thought I was talking about Phil. And I was like, ‘Oh for fuck’s sake, Tumblr. You planks.’” [LOL, this is such a blatant lie, I actually laughed as I listened to him talk. It was like, 'Hmm, you asked about my girlfriend. You know, I once wrote a thing on formspring and it was STUPID and also TOTALLY ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND not Phil because I don't love Phil got it?? You're all such planks I wasn't talking about Phil!!!1!]

39:53 - “How’s the existential crisis coming along?” - “It’s okay Karina! I’m in a good place at the moment.” [I'm actually kind of surprised at this wording. "In a good place at the moment" strikes me as an uncharacteristically-serious way of talking about his existential crisis status]

“I said in my, er, my college dropout video, ages ago, I go through phases of existential crisis where I’m fine and then … I think it’s once every five or six weeks I have my quarter-life crisis again, and that week I just don’t get anything done. So, like, there was a couple weeks ago where I had my relapse into quarter-life crisis, and I spent the entire week just lying on the floor going “euhhh.” (laughs) So I’m okay now. But I think sometime in late March I’m gonna have another lapse of quarter-life crisis and I’ll just spend the entire week planking on the carpet being miserable…Gaining weight again.” [dan :cry: ]

40:50 - “Why don’t you have a girlfriend, Dan?” - “‘Cause I just don’t want one at the moment. I had a girlfriend for a long time when I was a teenager and I just like…being busy basically (laughs)” [is it bad that my first thought was, 'is that a euphemism?']

Trigger warning: discussion of weight
42:50 - “Someone said ‘you’re so chubby’ — I’m not chubby! Look at my fricking arms, I’m like a — I’ve actually lost weight! It’s quite funny, (laughs) some lovely person on Tumblr posted a video that I uploaded like last October where you can see like a fat crease when I sit up and it’s like great! Thanks! Thanks for turning that into a slow-motion gif! But, uh, yeah. So I have people on Tumblr going, ‘ah, Dan’s a bit chubby’ and then I have people on my James Bond Radio 1 video going, ‘God Dan, you need to gain some weight, you’re too thin!’ and I’m like ‘Aw great, I’m like fricking Britney Spears!’” [At first I assumed he meant the person who made the gif on Tumblr was somehow poking fun at his weight, but then when I thought about it I realized it was ambiguous and he might just mean that he saw a gif of himself and thought he looked fat in it. Idk. :/]

43:30 - (regarding previous weight discussion) “Isn’t that a song? ‘She’s too thick now she’s too thin, you want a piece of me.’ Yup. TOTALLY NOT HOMOSEXUAL DAN. You know all the words to Britney Spears.”
[Then he thinks to himself in an exaggerated manner, says, “Why do I know all the words to that?” and talks about how he had a friend who always used to listen to it in art lessons and “God that was annoying. Constantly.” Thanks for clearing that up; if you found it annoying that means you're not homosexual]

44:00 - “Alana H said ‘You’re so camp!’ — I take offense to that. That’s not what— I— I’m not. (laughs) You don’t know what ‘camp’ means, if you think I’m camp.” [I'm not sure whether he was actually offended or not]

Trigger warning: discussion of weight
45:18 - “You have a muffin top” - “What the fuck is a muffin top?” [he googles it] “Oh. Thanks guys. Not fucking quite. Jesus Christ. (laughs) I don’t have a fricking muffin top! I have people on my James Bond video telling me that I’m like an African orphan. Thanks! Okay guys: do I need to see my personal trainer more, or do I need to eat more? Make up your mind, guys! Am I too chubby, or do I need to gain weight ‘cause I’m too skinny? God, I’m like fricking Lindsey Lohan to YouTube. Ah, the Internet, such a lovely accepting place, isn’t it? (laughs)” [he said this all kind of jokingly, at least after he got over his initial indignation, but I actually started to feel pretty bad for him during this part. :?]

46:00 - “Oh now everyone’s going ‘you’re fine just the way you are.’ Seriously, if you saw me actually topless, I’m like Tom Daly. Totally. Totally. Or I will be after six months of personal training. Which is totally happening, isn’t it?”

46:20 - people tell him he’s perfect, he says he needs to be more physically fit, he doesn’t want to gain muscle because he’d “look weird” if he gained muscle. He just wants to look like Pete Wentz, “just, like, a slim guy who won’t die of heart disease.”

46:56 - “All I wear is black. My wardrobe is basically like a funeral slid into a tar pit, and then a couple bright t-shirts which everyone hates ‘cause they’re too interesting. Basically.” [since when does/did everyone hate his colorful t-shirts?]

48:06 - “Never express negative opinions on the Internet, unless you’re willing to put up with stupid people. ‘Cause I’m not. I’ve been utterly traumatized by stupid people on the Internet.”

49:26 - “‘Everyone’s so judgmental’ says Erin. Don’t worry, Erin, the thing with my subscribers is you can be safe in the knowledge that nearly everybody’s being sarcastic.”

58:13 - (They’re discussing non-offensive insulting names, like spork, plank, turnip, etc. etc., and people in the chat are saying their favorites. Someone says “boob”) - Dan says: “Boob. Boob’s a good one. ‘Oh, obviously not, you boob.’ I say boob occasionally. Quite fond of boob. Ahahaha. Singular.” [lollll, I can see it now: "fyi i like boob"]

58:28 - “What’s up with that fricking lollipop song with Justin Bieber?? Have you guys heard that? It’s not a Justin Bieber song, it’s a song featuring Justin Bieber, but it’s basically like, ‘I’m Justin Bieber! Singing about penises!’ And it’s like, whooaaa, Justin, what happened man? Go back to ‘Baby’; I’m not ready for this! Anyway it’s called ‘Lollipop,’ which is basically the least-interesting blowjob euphemism in the world, but — if you haven’t heard it, google ‘justin bieber lollipop’ and it might either make you really excited in an inappropriate way, or scared. If you fancy being scared by Justin Bieber.” [please Dan, don't leave us hanging; what are your personal favorite interesting blowjob euphemisms!]

59:14 - (regarding the possibility that JB started drugs) “God, such an overreaction. It’s not like ‘Justin Bieber found buried up to his neck in cocaine!’ It’s not really the same thing. Although I guess he is sort of a Jesus role-model for 12-year-olds everywhere. So, you know, it depends. Are you judging him like a normal person, or are you judging him for, you know, who he is and where he came from? I suppose Justin should feel free to define himself; you know, he was pushed by the music industry to become the Justin Bieber he was and now he’s becoming the Justin Bieber he wants to be and are we supposed to judge Justin Bieber for just being who he wants to be? You know man, getting deep about Justin Bieber here.” [sometimes Dan goes on these rants and then about halfway through I'm like, wait, is he actually talking about himself??? lol.]

1:00:08 - “‘Dan shut up, you’re rambling,’ and I have other people going ‘I love how insightful you are!’ (laughs) The two sides of Dan’s YouNow chat: ‘Dan shut up no one cares’ / ‘Talk more please!’ (laughs) Love you guys. Always.” [When did he start denying he loved all his subscribers? Recently I've only heard him say, 'Well, I can't say I love you, because some of you are probably murderers or something...' I dunno, I think it's nice when he expresses genuine love for his subscribers instead of feeling the need to make a joke of it.]

1:00:42 - “Are there any guys watching this over… 25? That’s it, that’s an ask. ‘Cause I was looking at my analytics; I have about 100,000 guys that are subscribed to me that are around 18. I don’t know if there’s any old guys. ...What am I asking for? Hey, any creepy paedophiles in their basements watching?” [Note -- Phil’s age at the time of this YouNow broadcast: 26 years, 6 days. The transition from "guys over the age 25" to "creepy paedophiles" is interesting. Plus this is an example of Dan's apparent stealth desire for male validation/fans.]

1:02:36 - “This has been very fun. As always. As always. It’s been good talking to you. I am very happy and grateful that I’ve hit a million subscribers. And obviously I love all of you. Whatever way you want me to love you. That’s up to you to decide. (laughs)” ["whatever way you want me to love you" lol]
busy being happy~
ayane
squish

Nice Oqua. do you mind if I rain check engaging you? like maybe next week when I'm a bit less strapped on time? I'll add random alert to the top of my post :)

(*cough* i still need to watch dan's latest liveshow *cough*)

anyways, nice notes. looks interesting!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

ayane wrote:Nice Oqua. do you mind if I rain check engaging you? like maybe next week when I'm a bit less strapped on time? I'll add random alert to the top of my post :)

(*cough* i still need to watch dan's latest liveshow *cough*)

anyways, nice notes. looks interesting!
Haha, no problem, a week...a month...I'm always up for some random discussion about an ancient liveshow.

And I still haven't watched the most recent liveshow either.
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean

Guys are these real 8-)

Also a cute Phil & mummy old gif
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

timtam wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:
Lobster wrote:
icklebrina wrote:
akui wrote:
timtam wrote: I'll happily pay for half of the child actor and we can both go as their parents!

This is definitely happening if they come to Australia!
If D&P come to Australia I'm flying over there to join this family of 15 aunts :lol:
I'm the solitary middle aged (well, 22) nose pervert out here in NZ
daphenaxa
blobfish

oqua wrote:
I miss the "thanks" button so much.
I added this emoticon.
tell me about it. I feel all restless and weird because I can't thank so many glorious posts :shock:

For the Justin Bieber discussion in the liveshow, I think it is very interesting. Several times, he has showed great empathy and support for young people in the public eye who might have not behaved in the best way possible. (i can think about that vine guy who was/is homophobic). I do think it partly comes from his own experience. He knows it's probably super tough to grow up under such scrutiny that leaves no place for very common mistakes. People like Justin Bieber are indeed sometimes too harshly judged because they are expected to comply to unrealistic standard of "perfection". I don't think Dan really talks about himself but he certainly can relate on a smaller scale I think. And I am also convinced he is actually a very empathetic person in general.
It's funny because he doesn't seem to like people that much and he said he doesn't like to go outside and interact, talk to people. He makes jokes about losing his faith in humanity reading comments and about how "hell is others". But at the same time he does like people in a sense, in the way he refuses to judge too harshly. I can relate to that a lot tbh.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
palpable
squish

oqua wrote: Haha, no problem, a week...a month...I'm always up for some random discussion about an ancient liveshow.

And I still haven't watched the most recent liveshow either.
Thank you for typing everything up! :D

I hope he is in a better place regarding his body now.

Feel really bad having brought his weight in the past. He really should not be insecure about his looks at all! He is very handsome imo. Also I think he is sich much more than his looks. Everybody is
batgirl
not a first-time poster

We should name the next thread 'Phandom of the Opera' after all of the drama P.S (Long time lurker here, I used to be batgirl on GG but I HATED the mod back in the old forum, I found them to be really aggressive and annoying, almost as bad as GIS! Anyways, I got perma banned by GIS but I'm glad to be migrating here because you all seem lovely and you are all so funny and sweet)