Gaming Thread

joliefolie
tol bean
Pronouns: she/robot

Does anyone here play Metal Gear Solid? I've just started MGS:GZ and MGSV and it's been life-changing. I always considered myself more of a fantasy RPG type, but since I hate direct confrontation the whole stealth thing is actually really nice.

(I would pay real money for a "100 Years of Bucky Barnes" sniper/infiltration game of this quality pls Marvel)

Plus Hideo Kojima started a YouTube channel recently, so kinda relevant? :lol:

Also, re: other games being discussed:
FFVII was the first FF I played as a child (I am right between in age), but FFIX is my favourite. I also have a strong emotional response to the memory of FFVIII, probably because of that 'Eyes on Me' Carpenters-nostalgic song, but the characters were kinda whiny.

I am trying to play DA:Inquisition as a female elf mage - my first DA experience - and it is boring me a little. After feeling the same way about Assassin's Creed, I'm beginning to think the free world exploration that other gamers rate so highly is not that interesting to me - I like the interactive cinematic narrative experience better. Anyone have games like the latter to recommend?
eevee
emo goose

I've been playing Omega Ruby lately and loving it! Although I play pokemon with a walkthrough...don't judge me...

Also been meaning to finish Wind Waker and Skyward Sword...I have a bad habit of playing 75% of a game and then letting it go!!

I mostly play nintendo games but if anyone has a recommendation that isn't nintendo that I might like, let me know!!

I've heard splatoon is good but it doesn't look like my cup of tea tbh.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sia
living flop

Ahh I can't help but to chime in, gaming is my absolute poison, don't have that much time to actually game atm so I mainly read news and watch youtubers (just reviews no actual gameplays) and play sims freeplay on mobile -.- (add Lola Sims on fb)

80% of my childhood was playing various edutainment games (pirated, because money was tight) Harry Potter by EA games and Age of Empires 2. Nowadays I mostly watch Spirit of the Law on youtube for my medieval warfare weekly fix https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJ ... z-oYKAIC_g and Lazy Game Reviewer for Sims and general computer history stuff and Nerdcubed because he has Vive and I'm jealous and whole sandboxy games he does and I don't feel enough imaginative to really get into.

And most of my 2014 I spend obsessively following all Sims 4 news and to this day I feel bitter for the exclusion of the open world. Sims look leagues better than sims 3 and lighting looks so much better but neighborhoods in 3 were so awesome, especially the ones made by community. So atm I can't make myself to feel engaged in any of the versions.

I also loved Dishonored, I was playing during Christmas holidays and I almost missed New Years party because I was just finishing a mission haha Also liked Witcher 3 and Skyrim (never finished because my laptop (yep I'm that much of a peasant) had problems and still didn't reinstall them). Temporally forgot about real life while playing LA Noire a few years ago and was absolutely destroyed at the ending. Really enjoyed first two assassin' creeds, especially the whole ancient aliens stuff. Also very enjoyed both Portals. And me and my bf went on a holiday together couple years ago and spend whole time playing Lego Harry Potter so this is my ultimate coop recommendation.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

sia wrote:I also loved Dishonored, I was playing during Christmas holidays and I almost missed New Years party because I was just finishing a mission haha Also liked Witcher 3 and Skyrim (never finished because my laptop (yep I'm that much of a peasant) had problems and still didn't reinstall them). Temporally forgot about real life while playing LA Noire a few years ago and was absolutely destroyed at the ending. Really enjoyed first two assassin' creeds, especially the whole ancient aliens stuff. Also very enjoyed both Portals. And me and my bf went on a holiday together couple years ago and spend whole time playing Lego Harry Potter so this is my ultimate coop recommendation.
Really liked Dishonoured, LOOOOOOOVE Assassin's Creed, (although I need to play Black Flag-onwards in the series) and Portal. GLaDOS, marry me pls...
LA Noire I enjoyed...
...but by the end I honestly found Cole such an utter prick the ending didn't have the big emotional punch it was meant to.
I know I have a maaaaaassive backlog of games waiting for me to play through at home... genuinely looking forward to getting stuck into them at some point. :thumb:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sia
living flop

Same assassin's will just have to wait for me to build my custom pc in a couple of years. I already accepted that I will never get hang on controllers so damn you graphically demanding ports :tsk:
I partially agree with you. Cole definitely seemed too much of a good boy in the beginning all young and invested in work, so you would never say that he was able to leave his wife especially not for some bar singer. As the game progresses you kind of start to see that behind his young eager kinda bland personality (because game protagonists) there is actually a war veteran, a broken man whose seen too much and who blames himself for many innocent victims. Maybe I'm doing a bit of a story stretch here but I image his wife had no understanding of that, how could she. I mean we are talking about marriage in the fifties. Nobody was saying that good communication is the base of a good relationship then. And that bar singer girl (I am expert with names) did understand what war was like, what loss was like. You see that in the end that's why he doesn't take the hand in the end, he blames himself, he realized war is not something that you can leave behind and forget but something that stays with you and he just couldn't deal with that. I normally don't get into war stories, simply because it's just something I have no personal experience with but this one hit me hard in the pheels
DryCereal
koi pond

Final Fantasy XII HD Re-Release
Interesting. FFXII is the only one I never got around to completing. I think Kingdom Hearts (2?) distracted me from it, then I never went back.
Looking forward to it, but mostly, I just want a KH3 release date. Squeenix pls. PLEASE! :facepalm:
majitzu
angel bean

eevee wrote:
I've heard splatoon is good but it doesn't look like my cup of tea tbh.
I've been playing Spkatoon since it released, and I still want to play it everyday (not that I have time to do that). I've never like shooters but this game is different, the mechanics and controls. I enjoy it a lot
Poe
rainbow nerd

Did you guys hear about the new Walking Dead season? There already is a trailer out for it, even though it's not the full one yet.

Lain
eclipse shirt

Have you guys seen Kojima's announcement?
crash[]
butt chair

I wasn't really expecting anything from this year's E3, so my expectations were set really low.

That said, Sony did a damn good job at their conference. Claps for them, silence for literally everyone else.
Poe wrote:Did you guys hear about the new Walking Dead season? There already is a trailer out for it, even though it's not the full one yet.

Telltale and nearly every other game that follows its formula (Life is Strange, Beyond Two Souls, etc.) has burned me so much on pretty much every level, and yet I'm still interested in the new Walking Dead. I wish I knew how to quit ya.

Really, I just want to know what's gonna happen to Clem, now that she's all grown up and stuff. At the same time, season 2 was not a fun time for me and I felt that Clem was not as good a character as she could've been, so really it could only go up from here, right?

On the same note, Detroit: Become Human seems interesting, but I very much still have my doubts about choice and how much the story will change, no matter how much the trailer tried to dispel any apprehension.
Lain wrote:Have you guys seen Kojima's announcement?
Can I just mention Kojima's entrance at the Sony conference? That certainly happened.

Anyway, there's not much to think, is there? The trailer has Kojima written all over it and I love it, but we don't really know what kind of game we're supposed to be looking forward to. I'm definitely keeping my eye on it, though.
mez29
procrastinator

Pokémon Go, anyone? I'm pleasantly surprised that the basic game is going to be free (after how much of my pocket money I used to spend on the TCG :lol:) and it's interesting that it's just the original 150. Feels like they're targeting those of us who grew up with the original games, although as an adult, I'd rather play pokemon at home than be going out and brandishing my phone at stuff in public. Hopefully the VR will let you catch a few pokemon around the house.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I'm so excited for this :D i'm not much of a gamer but i do love Zelda. My hands are way too small to play on the WiiU, so i'm crap at playing haha but I still like it.
majitzu
angel bean

fancy_nancy wrote:
I'm so excited for this :D i'm not much of a gamer but i do love Zelda. My hands are way too small to play on the WiiU, so i'm crap at playing haha but I still like it.
Nintendo said they would only show Zelda at this E3, and it was the true ok we have pokemin sun/moon too and amazing. Thaf game looks great! Link can climb and jumo, and be sneaky, and set fire to the grass and cook and ride wild horses and and and
eevee
emo goose

Sun & Moon...Zelda...my heart cannot...I literally feel overwhelmed haha help
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond

Apparently Until Dawn is just as " 'no, I'm not scared of the nasty game, I just want to speak to you' from the OH alone at night" call inducing as Outlast.

Which means I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it and playing it. :D (but not at night, because I am not an idiot, and I don't need external nightmare fuel...)
Poe
rainbow nerd

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Apparently Until Dawn is just as " 'no, I'm not scared of the nasty game, I just want to speak to you' from the OH alone at night" call inducing as Outlast.

Which means I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it and playing it. :D (but not at night, because I am not an idiot, and I don't need external nightmare fuel...)
I'm gonna post the official trailer for Until Dawn here in case somebody wants to look at it/hasn't seen it yet. The hype is real Ickle
PolarFox
truth bomb

Sooo... I kinda went and got myself PS4 Star Wars special with Disney Infinity... Soo... You guys with PlayStations have any tips for it? The last PS I've properly played on was PS1, therefore I'm impressed, however in the state of "what the fuck am I doing" :lol:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
eevee
emo goose

So....how about that Pokemon GO?
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

eevee wrote:So....how about that Pokemon GO?
Still waiting it to be released here, because I really don't want to have traces of "not so great" activity on me, but holy wow, it has been a few days and the world has already changed.

The impact is huge.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

eevee
emo goose

Anonymousse wrote:Still waiting it to be released here, because I really don't want to have traces of "not so great" activity on me, but holy wow, it has been a few days and the world has already changed.

The impact is huge.
Not so great activity? Oh, do you have an android? I feel like making an Australian ID and downloading it on iOS isn't suspicious per se, it's just kinda cheating. Anyway, that sucks that you can't download it yet, hopefully it'll come out for you super soon! It really has had a huge impact so far. it's incredible! Everyone I know is playing it!
majitzu
angel bean

I download pokemon go to my phone the day it launched. The next day it was block in my country and 3 more. Peru, argentina, chile and brasil. I can enter but the map is totally empty. So I only have the pokemon I capture the first night. I'm waiting for the oficial launch here so I'll be able to play again.

Also I was about to finish Zelda MM but the last boss is so strong and there is an easier way to defeat him but takes time so I have put the game apart and I'm playing pokemon yellow. Also buy Pikmin 3 last month and I'm playing a bit everyday, when I'm not playing splatoon :D
eevee
emo goose

So apparently Nintendo is gracing us with this beauty:
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo- ... -november/

I don't even know what to say. It seems too good to be true, but I am ALL about it. All over it. I don't even care how much it costs. I will buy it.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

THIS
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Lain
eclipse shirt

eevee wrote:So apparently Nintendo is gracing us with this beauty:
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo- ... -november/

I don't even know what to say. It seems too good to be true, but I am ALL about it. All over it. I don't even care how much it costs. I will buy it.
I'm so buying the shit out of this.
DryCereal
koi pond

Ahem... well, I've bought Undertale & Soundtrack, Life is Strange (Limited Ed. w/ art book and soundtrack) and the Heavy Rain &Beyond: Two Souls Collection today. Also pre-ordered FFVII, FFXV, and KH3 Finally!
That noise you hear? Just my debit card SCREAMING! ;) cos I also went to Lush and the Yankee Candle Shop, and Estee Lauder...