Charlieskies

jesp
why bother

Moderating

It's time to get back on topic. Keep your posts relevant to Charlie.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

wolfgutscharlie wrote:due to things I found out and the whole charlieskies hacking incident, I am now somewhat connected to Dan and Phil in more than just a fan relationship.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Back on topic then! First time I've ever seen these, am I that #fakephan?

eevee
emo goose

Ticia wrote:Back on topic then! First time I've ever seen these, am I that #fakephan?
I've seen them before, haha. I'm 99% sure they're real. Kinda funny but also rude :x
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

I'd say mostly just rude.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Lain
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

Is Charlie bisexual?
eevee
emo goose

Lain wrote:Is Charlie bisexual?
Nope, he identifies as gay.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Lain
eclipse shirt

eevee wrote:
Thanks, eevee!

Charlie seemed to enjoy hinting at phan & Dan's sexuality frequently. Do anti-phans (and fans that firmly believe that Dan is straight) disregard those hints because of who they're coming from?
I think he's always known about their relationship and enjoyed airing it out publicly once in a while because he was bitter and also a bit of a natural shit disturber.
eevee
emo goose

Lain wrote:Thanks, eevee!

Charlie seemed to enjoy hinting at phan & Dan's sexuality frequently. Do anti-phans (and fans that firmly believe that Dan is straight) disregard those hints because of who they're coming from?
I think he's always known about their relationship and enjoyed airing it out publicly once in a while because he was bitter and also a bit of a natural shit disturber.
No problem. Now I'm not an antiphan, but I would assume that they disregard Charlie's "evidence" because Charlie is a troublemaker and likes to throw gas on the flame (is that the right expression?). So I think that antiphans disregard everything he says because who knows if it's true? He could have insider information that we don't know, he could know that D&P are in a relationship, or on the flipside, he could just be completely jealous of Dan and Phil's friendship. Maybe Charlie and Phil were best friends and Dan became Phil's new best friend. Maybe that's the whole issue with Charlie. Maybe Dan has never come out to Charlie. Maybe Charlie only knows as much as we do. Seriously who knows?
corn flakes
moon room

eevee wrote:
Lain wrote:Thanks, eevee!

No problem. Now I'm not an antiphan, but I would assume that they disregard Charlie's "evidence" because Charlie is a troublemaker and likes to throw gas on the flame (is that the right expression?). So I think that antiphans disregard everything he says because who knows if it's true? He could have insider information that we don't know, he could know that D&P are in a relationship, or on the flipside, he could just be completely jealous of Dan and Phil's friendship. Maybe Charlie and Phil were best friends and Dan became Phil's new best friend. Maybe that's the whole issue with Charlie. Maybe Dan has never come out to Charlie. Maybe Charlie only knows as much as we do. Seriously who knows?
I identify as phanagnostic, now much phanindifferent, but as said by eevee I would disregard whatever thing from charlie on the basis that he said that, he is a troublemaker and for me now everything he says is "?", not a reliable source; but yes some antiphans would take that, some days ago saw people taking hetti as proof
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

wolfgutscharlie wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:Also for anyone clicking on the Charlie fan video that was made by the delightful human behind that whole blackmailing Dan thing on twitter. Just thought I'd mention that because I know I wouldn't have given it my view if I knew that before clicking on it. (At least I think that's her if I'm wrong please correct me!)
Ew, I wish I'd read this before clicking :?
Just thought I'd put my two pence in here, I was not the one sending the emails to Dan. I sent two emails to Dan I admit, which I quickly deleted once I realised I was out of order for doing so.

In fact, the person who sent Dan MULTIPLE emails (not blackmailing him, she was trying to talk to Dan about how her friend had been struggling with mental health issues and had been emailing him for 4 years, in which she got no reply) got her email BLOCKED by Dan after multiple attempts to contact him, in which his manager of his email sent her links to sites to help with mental health, and offered to pass on any emails to Dan.

I wish that people would ask us about the things we post, instead of making false assumptions due to screenshots and jokes taken out of context.

I don't really see how me being the creator of the charlieskies compilation video(s) changes things. Yes I have done bad things in the past but due to things I found out and the whole charlieskies hacking incident, I am now somewhat connected to Dan and Phil in more than just a fan relationship.

And I respect them now that I know more (which I should've done anyway, but now I am fully honest about respecting them and their past).
I promised myself I wasn't going to get into this, but I can't help myself.....why do you and your friend think you are so entitled to Dan's attention? He is not your friend. He is not your acquaintance. He is a YouTuber with millions of fans around the world and he probably gets hundreds of e-mails every week. You act like its outrageous that he would block you friend after this friend sent countless e-mails to which he gave no reply (which is harassment) and expect us to feel sorry for you. Dan's just a 25-year-old guy, he's not a mental health expert and you shouldn't expect him to be able to deal with all of his fan's problems. As nice of a person as I'm sure he is he doesn't have the capacity or time to respond to all of his e-mails, which is why he has a manager. Stop being so entitled and grow up.

I fully expect to be dragged over the coals in your little Charlie stan baby wars Twitter group, or whatever you call yourselves. I don't really give a fuck tho.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
jesp
why bother

Moderating
bedhead91 wrote:I promised myself I wasn't going to get into this, but I can't help myself.....why do you and your friend think you are so entitled to Dan's attention? He is not your friend. He is not your acquaintance. He is a YouTuber with millions of fans around the world and he probably gets hundreds of e-mails every week. You act like its outrageous that he would block you friend after this friend sent countless e-mails to which he gave no reply (which is harassment) and expect us to feel sorry for you. Dan's just a 25-year-old guy, he's not a mental health expert and you shouldn't expect him to be able to deal with all of his fan's problems. As nice of a person as I'm sure he is he doesn't have the capacity or time to respond to all of his e-mails, which is why he has a manager. Stop being so entitled and grow up.

I fully expect to be dragged over the coals in your little Charlie stan baby wars Twitter group, or whatever you call yourselves. I don't really give a fuck tho.

bedhead91, you're not helping.

I've already asked that people stay on topic, and I've said that IDB is not the place for arguments like this. Keep it civil and on topic from now on.

wolfgutscharlie, if you come back, you're expected to stay on topic as well, and follow my previous directions - don't be vague, don't dangle mysterious information in front of people's faces, and don't cause arguments.
fringechecks
banned
Pronouns: xer/xem

eevee wrote:
He's gay, but he used to go out with the cover model Melissa Clarke.

(charlieskies.wikia.com)
used to go by the dreaded username 'wolfgutscharlie'
fringechecks
banned

bedhead91 wrote:
wolfgutscharlie wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:Also for anyone clicking on the Charlie fan video that was made by the delightful human behind that whole blackmailing Dan thing on twitter. Just thought I'd mention that because I know I wouldn't have given it my view if I knew that before clicking on it. (At least I think that's her if I'm wrong please correct me!)
Ew, I wish I'd read this before clicking :?
Just thought I'd put my two pence in here, I was not the one sending the emails to Dan. I sent two emails to Dan I admit, which I quickly deleted once I realised I was out of order for doing so.

In fact, the person who sent Dan MULTIPLE emails (not blackmailing him, she was trying to talk to Dan about how her friend had been struggling with mental health issues and had been emailing him for 4 years, in which she got no reply) got her email BLOCKED by Dan after multiple attempts to contact him, in which his manager of his email sent her links to sites to help with mental health, and offered to pass on any emails to Dan.

I wish that people would ask us about the things we post, instead of making false assumptions due to screenshots and jokes taken out of context.

I don't really see how me being the creator of the charlieskies compilation video(s) changes things. Yes I have done bad things in the past but due to things I found out and the whole charlieskies hacking incident, I am now somewhat connected to Dan and Phil in more than just a fan relationship.

And I respect them now that I know more (which I should've done anyway, but now I am fully honest about respecting them and their past).
I promised myself I wasn't going to get into this, but I can't help myself.....why do you and your friend think you are so entitled to Dan's attention? He is not your friend. He is not your acquaintance. He is a YouTuber with millions of fans around the world and he probably gets hundreds of e-mails every week. You act like its outrageous that he would block you friend after this friend sent countless e-mails to which he gave no reply (which is harassment) and expect us to feel sorry for you. Dan's just a 25-year-old guy, he's not a mental health expert and you shouldn't expect him to be able to deal with all of his fan's problems. As nice of a person as I'm sure he is he doesn't have the capacity or time to respond to all of his e-mails, which is why he has a manager. Stop being so entitled and grow up.

If you would like to ask me any questions, please message me on twitter! (@wolfgutscharlie) :D
fringechecks
banned

Sorry to come back to this thread..but I was wondering if anyone had downloaded his younow before younow decided to.. *insert swear word here* itself over? I don't want to buy points or whatever to find out I can't get his liveshow.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

wolfgutscharlie wrote:Sorry to come back to this thread..but I was wondering if anyone had downloaded his younow before younow decided to.. *insert swear word here* itself over? I don't want to buy points or whatever to find out I can't get his liveshow.
Oh damn, I hadn't even thought about it being unavailable now. If you come across it on youtube, can you drop a link here?
fringechecks
banned

alittledizzy wrote:
wolfgutscharlie wrote:Sorry to come back to this thread..but I was wondering if anyone had downloaded his younow before younow decided to.. *insert swear word here* itself over? I don't want to buy points or whatever to find out I can't get his liveshow.
Oh damn, I hadn't even thought about it being unavailable now. If you come across it on youtube, can you drop a link here?
Sure I can try to, pretty sure no one reuploaded it though.. Might see if I can contact YouNow about it.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

so basically,

i reckon dan either paid charlie off or threatened him with legal action with what charlie knows from the past about "phan"

this is why i think hes so quiet on social media.
eevee
emo goose

danslefthand wrote:so basically,

i reckon dan either paid charlie off or threatened him with legal action with what charlie knows from the past about "phan"

He left social media quite a bit after the drama happened with dan. I used to think that he left directly because of the drama too but then multiple people informed me that he left at least a year or more after. He was unhappy on social media, it became a negative place for him, and he left voluntarily. Plus I really don't think Dan would do something like that like he probably messaged him like "shut up" or asked Phil to do that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:
danslefthand wrote:so basically,

He left social media quite a bit after the drama happened with dan. I used to think that he left directly because of the drama too but then multiple people informed me that he left at least a year or more after. He was unhappy on social media, it became a negative place for him, and he left voluntarily. Plus I really don't think Dan would do something like that like he probably messaged him like "shut up" or asked Phil to do that.
Yep - the stuff with Dan was June of 2013, and Charlie's last tweet was August 2015.

(And just as trivia: Phil didn't unfollow Charlie until January of 2014. Bryony and Wirrow were and presumably still are at least casual friends with Charlie, since both of them were still talking to him on social media in friendly terms right up until he left and both still follow Charlie's account.)
papierklemmen
flower crown

I doubt there was any legal threat involved, somehow I doubt Charlie signed any NDAs, they were just youtubers at the time.

I always wondered how close he was with Emma Blackery though, I remember she joined in on bullying Dan, but did he tell her anything? Considering that she's not blabbermouthing anything there was probably nothing to tell.
melon lord
morning quiff

papierklemmen wrote:
I always wondered how close he was with Emma Blackery though, I remember she joined in on bullying Dan, but did he tell her anything? Considering that she's not blabbermouthing anything there was probably nothing to tell.
Even if Emma knew and joined the bullying group, she'd still keep her mouth shut af because she still stans Dan even if she denies it. Put it this way, if Dan came up to her now and gave her the admiration she craved she'd drop everything and everyone for it. In a way she's even worse than phans because at least for common fans there will always be a distance and detachment whereas Emma would switch "sides" for him.

She only joined the others because she was salty and wanted somewhere, anywhere, to let out her danfeels. If not in fangirling then in mockery. Sad. :roll:

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

melon lord wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
Even if Emma knew and joined the bullying group, she'd still keep her mouth shut af because she still stans Dan even if she denies it. Put it this way, if Dan came up to her now and gave her the admiration she craved she'd drop everything and everyone for it. In a way she's even worse than phans because at least for common fans there will always be a distance and detachment whereas Emma would switch "sides" for him.

She only joined the others because she was salty and wanted somewhere, anywhere, to let out her danfeels. If not in fangirling then in mockery. Sad. :roll:
Evan Edinger is in the same category, imo. He and Charlie were friends, they even made videos together, and he seemed to have the same 'if we can't be friends I'll fangirl/mock them' attitude. He's just got a sweeter face so he seems to not be remembered for it as much as Emma. (Though Evan's the one that said way more recently that everyone's seen the vday video.)

I wonder if Charlie is still in contact with any of them. I hope he's not; that couldn't have been healthy for him, if his leaving twitter was trying to get away from negativity/break away from his own toxic behavioral habits.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: I wonder if Charlie is still in contact with any of them. I hope he's not; that couldn't have been healthy for him, if his leaving twitter was trying to get away from negativity/break away from his own toxic behavioral habits.
Whenever Emma and Evan allude to what happened between Dan and Charlie they always make it sound like they are no longer in contact with him because of them breaking away from negativity/toxic behaviour habits (which I don't buy for a second).
If they did cut him out of their lives because of that it was undoubtedly because they were trying to save themselves for the backlash and didn't mind giving up their friend to do it not because they felt bad over what happened. And more then likely they actually grew apart/fell out with him because of other factors and and now they just make it sound like it's about that because it's convenient.That or they are still friendly with him in private.
papierklemmen wrote: I always wondered how close he was with Emma Blackery though, I remember she joined in on bullying Dan, but did he tell her anything? Considering that she's not blabbermouthing anything there was probably nothing to tell.
If Charlie wasn't just blowing smoke and he actually knows something about Dan (and Phil) then it seems unlikely he wouldn't have told it to his friends. Considering he was hinting at revealing it on a public forum I can't imagine in private with friends he was being respectful of D&Ps privacy. And it's not like the likes of Evan and Emma wouldn't have been asking him what he knew about them.
However I disagree Emma (or Evan) would be blabbering it all over the internet because there is nothing to be gained from that. Look at Charlie he hinted at it and that whole situation did not end pretty for him. Why would E&E expect it to be different if they did it?
The fangirls begging everyone and their uncle for information on D&P will immediately turn on anyone who dares to actually betray them. I think any youtuber would have to be really really stupid to think there would be any kind of gain from crossing Dan and Phil and their fans.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i don't think this has been mentioned anywhere? & it's probably worth noting that you can no longer use conweets to see the old conversations between charlieskies and dan or phil

they appear to have been removed and perhaps deliberately been asked (by ~some people) to be removed?

dinof and charlieskies conversations trended every single day for a millennia and now you can't view them

the conversations between him and phil are also gone

it's worth noting that his conversations with evanedinger etc. are still there (aka. i don't think it's a malfunction where all of his conversations have disappeared.)