Your favourite Dan and Phil/phandom conspiracy theory?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

CallMeAyana wrote:
Ohmygods. Do you have any idea how accurate this is? I was literally thinking about this a few days ago, and I must say.. you pulled it off so perfectly. I mean, maybe Phil really is a psychic, and if he admits it.. well, not many would be surprised.

Okay, so I had this theory that.. Phan is just a part of their brand, and that it'll change once they decided that they'll move to separate homes? I dunno. Just came to me, but that would suck.
Also.. I know that people already discussed the "Knights of Wands" thing, but.. has anyone discussed about the "Three of Swords" thing? Like.. Phil will be involved in a three-way (or was it two-way?) relationship? It probably happened, to be honest. I mean, I'm just gonna throw this out there, so.. I have no idea when Stephen and Charlie became a thing, but I assume that it's before Phil met Dan. Soon after, Phil met Dan (and, imo, is pretty.. similar to Charlie back then), and they became a thing. I think the reason that Phil became attracted to Dan in the first place was because he found Dan and Charlie to be awfully alike, and that he used Dan as a replacement for Charlie, but Dan soon found a room in Phil's heart and stayed there. At first, Charlie is happy with his relationship with Stephen, supporting Phan all the way, until it slowly became messy and they broke up. Meanwhile, Dan and Phil were having a time of their lives that earned a bitter response from Charlie as he realized that he shouldn't have let go of Phil.
The relation of the "Three of Swords" in the above context is that Phil is confused on whether to let go of Charlie or not, to accept Dan or not. At first, he mostly thought of Charlie all the time, until he felt like that he was cheating on Dan, and actually gave an effort to recognize Dan as he is and not Charlie.

I'm sorry not sorry for this post. Just need to throw this ugly (unrealistic) idea out there.

Bolded part : YES YES, I always wondered about that too because the other prediction was that he was gonna meet somebody who's going to change his life or something like that, and it's somewhat true since he met Dan that year. So I wouldn't be surprised if that threeway thing is about what you theorised above !

edit : if people don't remember which video it was, the psychic thing starts at 2.25
:biheart:
anathema
morning quiff

NarrysCanary wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote:
Ohmygods. Do you have any idea how accurate this is? I was literally thinking about this a few days ago, and I must say.. you pulled it off so perfectly. I mean, maybe Phil really is a psychic, and if he admits it.. well, not many would be surprised.

Okay, so I had this theory that.. Phan is just a part of their brand, and that it'll change once they decided that they'll move to separate homes? I dunno. Just came to me, but that would suck.
Also.. I know that people already discussed the "Knights of Wands" thing, but.. has anyone discussed about the "Three of Swords" thing? Like.. Phil will be involved in a three-way (or was it two-way?) relationship? It probably happened, to be honest. I mean, I'm just gonna throw this out there, so.. I have no idea when Stephen and Charlie became a thing, but I assume that it's before Phil met Dan. Soon after, Phil met Dan (and, imo, is pretty.. similar to Charlie back then), and they became a thing. I think the reason that Phil became attracted to Dan in the first place was because he found Dan and Charlie to be awfully alike, and that he used Dan as a replacement for Charlie, but Dan soon found a room in Phil's heart and stayed there. At first, Charlie is happy with his relationship with Stephen, supporting Phan all the way, until it slowly became messy and they broke up. Meanwhile, Dan and Phil were having a time of their lives that earned a bitter response from Charlie as he realized that he shouldn't have let go of Phil.
The relation of the "Three of Swords" in the above context is that Phil is confused on whether to let go of Charlie or not, to accept Dan or not. At first, he mostly thought of Charlie all the time, until he felt like that he was cheating on Dan, and actually gave an effort to recognize Dan as he is and not Charlie.

I'm sorry not sorry for this post. Just need to throw this ugly (unrealistic) idea out there.

Bolded part : YES YES, I always wondered about that too because the other prediction was that he was gonna meet somebody who's going to change his life or something like that, and it's somewhat true since he met Dan that year. So I wouldn't be surprised if that threeway thing is about what you theorised above !

edit : if people don't remember which video it was, the psychic thing starts at 2.25
"I'm going to do the following month, 'cause I'm hoping this month will be good." (2:32) I'm assuming by "do" Phil means "predict" so the three of swords card would be talking about March (at the latest). Phil didn't start talking with Dan until May(/June?) so I don't think the card would have anything to do with Dan (He also says "currently I'm entering..." not "in the future I'll be entering" when reading the card.)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
whoknows
crusty sponge

We all know that Phan isn't a real thing but we would like to believe in it kinda like Santa. They are under contract, every step thought and planned out since 2009. They are as real as 1d and Larry Stylinson. They are starting to end their contract and why going under their own diff companies/names whatever. Probably when Phil hits 30 he will say he has had enough and drops the bomb they truly are just roommates and nothing more.
Last edited by whoknows on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vamp
first-time poster

CallMeAyana wrote: Ohmygods. Do you have any idea how accurate this is? I was literally thinking about this a few days ago, and I must say.. you pulled it off so perfectly. I mean, maybe Phil really is a psychic, and if he admits it.. well, not many would be surprised.

As someone who doesn't believe Phan is a real thing, I've been thinking about this recently as well. Like, who would move out first? Would they both move out simultaneously? I don't know why, but I have a feeling 2017 might be the last year they're roommates. But that's just a feeling based on nothing at all, haha.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whoknows wrote:We all know that Phan isn't a real thing but we would like to believe in it kinda like Santa. They are under contract, every step thought and planned out since 2009. They are as real as 1d and Larry Stylinson.

You know, someone needs to write that fic - they start out under contract to pretend to be together and somewhere along the way truly fall in love. That's what leaving Channel Flip was all about; getting away from that contract so that when they come out together, they're doing it honestly.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

anathema wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote:

"I'm going to do the following month, 'cause I'm hoping this month will be good." (2:32) I'm assuming by "do" Phil means "predict" so the three of swords card would be talking about March (at the latest). Phil didn't start talking with Dan until May(/June?) so I don't think the card would have anything to do with Dan (He also says "currently I'm entering..." not "in the future I'll be entering" when reading the card.)
Oh.. I think I need to give the video a rewatch since it has been a while since.. I've watched it.. :-?

On another note:
I just had this thought that the content drought will be balanced by the time October comes around. I mean.. they'll upload shit-ton of videos on October, then upload something very special on November- preferably after all the Q&As in their PINOF video. Like.. it's a part of the video, and.. it's at the ending part? And I imagined that it would be about Phil.. moving out. I don't know, something closer to that, and they won't give any recognition to that until the end of the New Years (seeing that Dan is probably helping Phil move out). By the time Spring 2017 comes around, they'll make it official- they broke off (like, roommate broke off), and that they'll announce it in a video.
With that said, I think that one of them moving out is pretty unlikely since.. there are plenty of reason why staying in their flat is more advantageous than not. If ever, I can think of them as moving out- together, and be complete daddies, and buy a lovely dog, and get a really nice koi pond- .. I'm sorry. just got slightly off-the-track there.
But I can't shake off the feeling that something bad will happen this year (I hope it won't happen though), so.. :?
Just.. don't please take my word for it *hides in a closet*
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

CallMeAyana wrote:On another note:
I just had this thought that the content drought will be balanced by the time October comes around. I mean.. they'll upload shit-ton of videos on October, then upload something very special on November- preferably after all the Q&As in their PINOF video. Like.. it's a part of the video, and.. it's at the ending part? And I imagined that it would be about Phil.. moving out. I don't know, something closer to that, and they won't give any recognition to that until the end of the New Years (seeing that Dan is probably helping Phil move out). By the time Spring 2017 comes around, they'll make it official- they broke off (like, roommate broke off), and that they'll announce it in a video.
With that said, I think that one of them moving out is pretty unlikely since.. there are plenty of reason why staying in their flat is more advantageous than not. If ever, I can think of them as moving out- together, and be complete daddies, and buy a lovely dog, and get a really nice koi pond- .. I'm sorry. just got slightly off-the-track there.
But I can't shake off the feeling that something bad will happen this year (I hope it won't happen though), so.. :?
Can I just say that every single year since at least 2013, a few people bring this up? That something bad will happen this year or that one will move out? And I don't understand it in general. Is it because of the "it's too good to be true" mindset or because of the whole, mindset of, "if I think the worst case, the best case will happen/I'll be prepared if the worse case happens"?
Is it because of Phil's age? That just because he's turning 30 next year, he's going to want to leave his housemate and live on his own and settle down. Turning a certain age does not mean you have to follow what society dictates as the norm. There are so many youtubers who are in their late 20's/30's who don't feel the need to settle down and still live with a housemate.
Let's not also forget that they have both stated they don't like living alone. If I remember right, didn't Dan say when Phil was living alone, he was going insane with being alone? Not everyone can handle being alone for extended periods of time. Dan's talked about how he (himself) doesn't really like being alone at home as well. Unless they find someone else they really want to roommate with, like you said, the odds of them moving out alone are really low.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

confusedpanda wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote:On another note:
Can I just say that every single year since at least 2013, a few people bring this up? That something bad will happen this year or that one will move out? And I don't understand it in general. Is it because of the "it's too good to be true" mindset or because of the whole, mindset of, "if I think the worst case, the best case will happen/I'll be prepared if the worse case happens"?
Is it because of Phil's age? That just because he's turning 30 next year, he's going to want to leave his housemate and live on his own and settle down. Turning a certain age does not mean you have to follow what society dictates as the norm. There are so many youtubers who are in their late 20's/30's who don't feel the need to settle down and still live with a housemate.
Let's not also forget that they have both stated they don't like living alone. If I remember right, didn't Dan say when Phil was living alone, he was going insane with being alone? Not everyone can handle being alone for extended periods of time. Dan's talked about how he (himself) doesn't really like being alone at home as well. Unless they find someone else they really want to roommate with, like you said, the odds of them moving out alone are really low.
Umm.. the bolded part, especially. I really find the chance of one of them "moving out" can be quite low, but.. my mind just can't help but speculate one of the worst of the possible worse-case scenarios out there, since.. I'm quite a pessimistic person. There are times when I completely forget about that thought, and my mind will whisper that "Phil is going to move out" or something, and I can't help but give a negative response to it..
000dia000
emo goose

Regarding the two way relationship thing, I always thought it was funny that Deppy both seemed to have had an emotional overlap with each other and respective people at the same time or at least very close to each other. With Phil, it would have been with Charlie and Dan with his girlfriend before they officially broke up. Disclaimer, of course: all speculation, but this is the conspiracy thread and I'll be damned not to speculate *puts on tinfoil hat*
:cactus:
kay
phabergé

kusunoki masashige wrote:
Ticia wrote: On that note...I recently read somewhere that their flat actually has a tiny attic? And that Phil mentions it in a LS? And Dan wondering if a sex dungeon actually had to be in a dungeon.
I remember this as well…and didn't Phil take a look into it (and checking if there is enough room for their furry suits and toys etc) while Dan was away or something? Was it during one of the times Dan was away for the gaming documentary maybe? (Sorry, can't be arsed to rewatch the LSs…)
I'm not sure about the LS mention but I was watching older-ish dinof videos recently and Dan mentions the attic in his apartment tour video (at 2:26).

kusunoki, I know Phil did a video (can't remember which one) where he goes through stuff in the attic of his parent's house, so Dan isn't there. Is that what you're thinking of? Or maybe there's another video, but this was what I thought of when you described it.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

achika wrote:
kusunoki masashige wrote:
Ticia wrote: On that note...I recently read somewhere that their flat actually has a tiny attic? And that Phil mentions it in a LS? And Dan wondering if a sex dungeon actually had to be in a dungeon.
I remember this as well…and didn't Phil take a look into it (and checking if there is enough room for their furry suits and toys etc) while Dan was away or something? Was it during one of the times Dan was away for the gaming documentary maybe? (Sorry, can't be arsed to rewatch the LSs…)
I'm not sure about the LS mention but I was watching older-ish dinof videos recently and Dan mentions the attic in his apartment tour video (at 2:26).

kusunoki, I know Phil did a video (can't remember which one) where he goes through stuff in the attic of his parent's house, so Dan isn't there. Is that what you're thinking of? Or maybe there's another video, but this was what I thought of when you described it.

at 40.08- 40.54
Phil: john said does your house have an attic?
Dan: it has, hasn't it?
Phil: yeah... it's weird though
Dan: it has 2 hatches to the ceiling and we've never opened either of them and i'm really afraid to do it because like wasps will fall out or something
Phil: yeah, probably. i've opened that one over there.
Dan: when?
Phil: when you weren't in i got bored so i thought i would explore what was in the attic, but it's just a hole, there's no way to climb up there. it's just like a hole into a void.
Dan: a ladder?
Phil: yeah, a ladder. but there is no ladder, we don't have a ladder
Dan: we don't own a ladder. so what's up there?
phil: it's just a hole. like there's no crawl space or anything
dan: how big is it?
Phil: like this big, just like an upwards hole
dan: so it's tiny?
Phil: yeah
dan: oh okay, so it's not like a secret loft room that we could use to rent out to people
phil: turn into a swimming pool
dan: turn into a sauna
dan wondering if a sex dungeon had to be in a dungeon was from one of his earlier liveshows somewhere in 2012-2013ish, i think? phil comes in to join him and they discuss it, if i recall correctly
swofro
angel bean

Phil we see now is not the real Phil
Love is forever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

swofro wrote:Phil we see now is not the real Phil
Actually, the other Phil is just

this was such a lame joke i'm so sorry
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

swofro wrote:Phil we see now is not the real Phil
Maybe the Dan and Phil we see right now aren't the REAL Dan and Phil
#WhereAreTheRealDanAndPhil
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

Another two cents before I go to dreamland:
What if they were really together, but Phil decided that "it just wasn't for him", so he broke it off? Maybe that's why Dan lashed out at the Phandom back in 2012? Right now, they're only bestfriends, and they want to be something more, but can't say it due to what happened a few years ago?
I would like to elaborate more, but I need to be in dreamland after a few minutes.
sinnamonrollphil
drama llama

I low key have a conspiracy theory that Nick Jonas' song 'under you' is actually about Dan

(also Dan is a furry #confirmed for me. I was at playlist like three years ago and randomly these furries come out and start hanging out in the crowd and a few of them were so tall the suits didn't even fit right and you cant convince me one of them wasnt dan. he has said too much about furries, i have accepted it at this point)
spider
ar·tic·u·late

sinnamonrollphil wrote:I low key have a conspiracy theory that Nick Jonas' song 'under you' is actually about Dan
Where you at? Where you at? Where you at?
Ain't no way to take you back
Everywhere I see your face
And it kills me everyday
The TATINOF ads are too painful for Nick.
Conspiracy theory accepted.
sinnamonrollphil wrote:(also Dan is a furry #confirmed for me. I was at playlist like three years ago and randomly these furries come out and start hanging out in the crowd and a few of them were so tall the suits didn't even fit right and you cant convince me one of them wasnt dan.
:lol:
DryCereal
koi pond

I see no difference. We're screwed. :?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
PolarFox
truth bomb

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Image

I see no difference. We're screwed. :?
Good thing he has his bwest fwend 5ever by his side to remind him of his hopes and dreams
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
daphenaxa
blobfish

Dan+Grace= (but it's no conspiracy it's the truth™)
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
papierklemmen
flower crown

lol i was wondering, does anyone have any "phil is psychic" compilation? i know it's scattered around this thread and others, but i was wondering if someone was bored enough to actually compile the stuff :lol:
from the top of my head i remember:
phil predicting ear tints
phil wishing panda's increase in population -> pandas are no longer an endagered species
the infamous "i've chosen daniel"
the tarot reading video ("some guy is gonna have a big impact")
nephilimcat
woodland creature

papierklemmen wrote:lol i was wondering, does anyone have any "phil is psychic" compilation? i know it's scattered around this thread and others, but i was wondering if someone was bored enough to actually compile the stuff :lol:
from the top of my head i remember:
phil predicting ear tints
phil wishing panda's increase in population -> pandas are no longer an endagered species
the infamous "i've chosen daniel"
the tarot reading video ("some guy is gonna have a big impact")
According to some people, Phil also predicted the weather in this Radio 1 video, but I don't have actual proof of this, except for the comments under the video:
Starts at 1:03

Also apparently his grandma was psychic, which he mentions at 0:38 and I would say this makes it more likely for him to be psychic as well, if you believe in stuff like this.

I don't really believe in it, but damn, Phil predicts a lot and that's only the stuff he mentioned. How many of his dreams came true that he never shared with us? :confused:
pulvis et umbra sumus
papierklemmen
flower crown

nephilimcat wrote: Also apparently his grandma was psychic, which he mentions at 0:38 and I would say this makes it more likely for him to be psychic as well, if you believe in stuff like this.
he also mentioned her during his old tarot reading (when he predicted a hasty guy having a big impact on his life), so i guess we can safely say that he didn't just make her up for this video! :thumb: i don't personally believe this kind of stuff, but that's interesting.
nephilimcat wrote: I don't really believe in it, but damn, Phil predicts a lot and that's only the stuff he mentioned. How many of his dreams came true that he never shared with us? :confused:
some of the secrets we'll never know... hoping for more public predictions!
spider
ar·tic·u·late

papierklemmen wrote:lol i was wondering, does anyone have any "phil is psychic" compilation? i know it's scattered around this thread and others, but i was wondering if someone was bored enough to actually compile the stuff :lol:
Very bored apparently. http://indepthbants.com/post12428.html#p12428
papierklemmen
flower crown

spider wrote:
Very bored apparently. http://indepthbants.com/post12428.html#p12428
thank you!!! I looked through the thread a few months ago so I must have forgotten already seeing this compilation... Because now that I looked at it I've def read it :sideeye: