TATINOF/DOCUMENTARY FUND

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Hey guys, so I know that some people are younger or can't afford to buy the show or documentary on their own and I'm a college student as well so I know the struggles. We shouldn't let something like financial situation prevent us from seeing heart eyes Dan or blue eyed Phil so I thought for those willing they could volunteer to fund someone. I can buy like two or three for those who can't afford it so PM me if you need it :D (its first come first serve so I'll make a post when I've funded them)
Last edited by jesp on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected typo
kuensukki
janice from the shop

When you misspell "documentary" on a topic title and you're planning to become a doctor :?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

kuensukki wrote:When you misspell "documentary" on a topic title and you're planning to become a doctor :?
its ok, no one suppose to understand a doctor's handwriting after all ;)

By the way, great initiative
jesp
why bother

Moderating
kuensukki wrote:When you misspell "documentary" on a topic title and you're planning to become a doctor :?
I've fixed the title.

It's absolutely fine for people to report their own post {reports aren't always a negative thing} to ask for a typo in the title to be corrected, and similar issues.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I have a problem with accessing the documentary and TATINOF. :(

It's not that I don't have the funds to spend. The problem is that we don't have YTR here in our country so we need to buy it individually. I tried to access some of the YTR stuff that's available now, and discovered that I'd need a credit card or a paypal account to access them. Unfortunately, I'm doing post-graduate studies, still wholly dependent on my parents, so I have no way of availing either a credit card or a paypal account as those need proof of employment. I'm willing to pay extra to anyone who'll let me use their paypal account. :(
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
eevee
emo goose

I think this is a good idea for those who don't have a credit card or otherwise can't buy the movies :) I may be able to help, but I'd like to see how much it is first. :?
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: It's not that I don't have the funds to spend. The problem is that we don't have YTR here in our country so we need to buy it individually. I tried to access some of the YTR stuff that's available now, and discovered that I'd need a credit card or a paypal account to access them. Unfortunately, I'm doing post-graduate studies, still wholly dependent on my parents, so I have no way of availing either a credit card or a paypal account as those need proof of employment. I'm willing to pay extra to anyone who'll let me use their paypal account. :(
How would you pay them if you don't have a paypal or credit card? What form of electronic currency would you use? Just curious :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

eevee wrote:I think this is a good idea for those who don't have a credit card or otherwise can't buy the movies :) I may be able to help, but I'd like to see how much it is first. :?
Same. :)

Riri - paypal can be set up from a bank account or a debit card too - and there's definitely no employment check on there. :)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

eevee wrote: How would you pay them if you don't have a paypal or credit card? What form of electronic currency would you use? Just curious :)
I was planning to send money through Western Union cause that's how my aunt (who's in the US) sends money to us. Or I'll try to find other ways to transfer money through money changers or something like that. I haven't researched much about it because I think it'll depend a lot on whose paypal I'm going to borrow because of their location. Of course, I'm planning to send money first before asking for the account. But might try IckleMissMayhem's suggestion first. I do have a savings deposit in a bank here. I hope it'll be sufficient to set up a paypal. I'll inquire first thing tomorrow (it's currently almost 10 pm here). But thanks for inquiring. :platonic:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Riri - paypal can be set up from a bank account or a debit card too - and there's definitely no employment check on there. :)

I never knew that it could be from a bank account. Thanks Ickle! :platonic: I'll go to my bank tomorrow to inquire how. I thought that it was limited to credit and debit cards only. Hopefully my bank's covered by Paypal and it allows a saving deposit.

In case anyone also has the same problem as me, I'll try to update what methods I'll use. Good luck to all of us!

majitzu
angel bean

I have my debit card link to my google account without problem. I'm so happy that I don't need a credit card
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

This is a lovely idea, you're all very kind.

Just putting my moderator cap on for a minute (sorry guys) to say that just be wary of people who may be lurking and take advantage of your kindness. I would encourage you to be sure that you know a poster before you agree to pay for something for them, maybe do it for people that you've talked to before (on or off the forum, in the Skype chat for instance).

As moderators, we just want to make it aware that we think this is a lovely idea to help others however we take no responsibility for outcomes of it so please be safe guys.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Riri - paypal can be set up from a bank account or a debit card too - and there's definitely no employment check on there. :)

I never knew that it could be from a bank account. Thanks Ickle! :platonic: I'll go to my bank tomorrow to inquire how. I thought that it was limited to credit and debit cards only. Hopefully my bank's covered by Paypal and it allows a saving deposit.

In case anyone also has the same problem as me, I'll try to update what methods I'll use. Good luck to all of us!
It' part of the paypal signup process. IIRC, you just need the account holder's name, sort code & account number.
missemma wrote: I would encourage you to be sure that you know a poster before you agree to pay for something for them, maybe do it for people that you've talked to before (on or off the forum, in the Skype chat for instance).

As moderators, we just want to make it aware that we think this is a lovely idea to help others however we take no responsibility for outcomes of it so please be safe guys.
+1
For goodness sake do it via paypal/similar, don't go giving away bank details etc peeps.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
blueapple_x
flower crown

FYI you can also use a prepaid credit card to pay to watch them. So if you don't have a bank account/debit card/an actual credit card, that's another option.
sweetmm
angel bean

blueapple_x wrote:FYI you can also use a prepaid credit card to pay to watch them. So if you don't have a bank account/debit card/an actual credit card, that's another option.
Can someone be a dear and open a new thread to list down all the various methods to purchase and the mod please pin it for for awhile :platonic:
PolarFox
truth bomb

This is such a lovely idea! I'm still a mere student so I can only afford to buy the docu and tationf for myself, but I just wanted to butt in to you guys who are doing this for some of us that can't afford it or somehow get it
Deppy's fandom is truly a family
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Just an update on my situation in case anyone is in the same boat as I am.

So I went to my bank earlier to inquire about how to link my account with Paypal. And they were absolutely useless. :sideeye: (I'm usually not grumpy but I had to wait an hour in line only to be told that they knew nothing about Paypal. I'm pissed cause my bank isn't an obscure bank. It's actually one of the top 3 banks in our country. Gaaah). So they basically told me to just try logging onto Paypal. Made an account. yada yada yada. Found the add bank thing. Linked it to my bank account. Except that there wasn't an option so it automatically became a checking account instead of a savings account. Went home and tried to activate my bank account to online banking (cause the bank people said that I might be able to transfer funds to my Paypal if I enrolled my account for online banking). Then discovered that one can't actually add funds to Paypal through a bank account, and that linking a bank account will only allow one to withdraw funds from Paypal into the bank account. Tried calling my bank's customer service, then got told that there was no way that my current account was gonna help my Paypal funds. The customer service rep finally suggested that I get a prepaid debit card instead (I asked in the bank earlier if there were other ways to link something to Paypal and they just shrugged at me. Never suggested the prepaid debit card thing). :x

The prepaid debit card doesn't need a proof of employment and just needs a valid ID. So I hopefully will be approved and will have a debit card by tomorrow.

So long story short, I'll try to get a prepaid debit card tomorrow (clarified that it could work if Mastercard is asked for). Double checked that Youtube does ask for Mastercard-type of cards.

Also, if you're from a country without Youtube Red, and you're planning to get the docu/tatinof through paypal, a credit/debit card is still needed (tried to buy a Wong Fu Productions YTR vid earlier through my paypal account but it still asked for a card). So I would suggest that you also get a prepaid debit card or its equivalent in your country. Otherwise, there's no way to buy the vids. :?

Amelie
delia smith

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:So I went to my bank earlier to inquire about how to link my account with Paypal. And they were absolutely useless. :sideeye: (I'm usually not grumpy but I had to wait an hour in line only to be told that they knew nothing about Paypal. I'm pissed cause my bank isn't an obscure bank. It's actually one of the top 3 banks in our country. Gaaah). So they basically told me to just try logging onto Paypal. Made an account. yada yada yada. Found the add bank thing. Linked it to my bank account. Except that there wasn't an option so it automatically became a checking account instead of a savings account. Went home and tried to activate my bank account to online banking (cause the bank people said that I might be able to transfer funds to my Paypal if I enrolled my account for online banking). Then discovered that one can't actually add funds to Paypal through a bank account, and that linking a bank account will only allow one to withdraw funds from Paypal into the bank account. Tried calling my bank's customer service, then got told that there was no way that my current account was gonna help my Paypal funds. The customer service rep finally suggested that I get a prepaid debit card instead (I asked in the bank earlier if there were other ways to link something to Paypal and they just shrugged at me. Never suggested the prepaid debit card thing)

Do you have a debit/credit card or just a bank account? I use paypal without linking my bank account or transferring money to it just by adding my card information
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Amelie wrote:[/spoiler]
Do you have a debit/credit card or just a bank account? I use paypal without linking my bank account or transferring money to it just by adding my card information
I don't have a debit/credit card, that's why I wanted to find out whether paypal could be used/funded through a bank account. :) Unfortunately, it can't be (but I think I saw some posts that US accounts could?) in our country. :(

Actual debit/credit cards need proof of employment for one to avail so I'm really glad that prepaid debit cards are a thing and don't need proof of employment. I'll try to get one today. Hopefully I'll be approved and I'd have one before TATINOF and the docu are released :)

RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm so sorry for double posting. But I have an update. I will be able to avail of a prepaid debit card, but it needs 7 banking days so the earliest I could claim it is on October 11. :( Oh well. Won't be able to watch it with you guys but I'll be able to buy it.

Hopefully my I-have-no-idea-how-to-online-shop and problems-of-a-supposed-adult-who's-still-dependent-and-unemployed journey has helped others who are in the same boat as I am! ;)

It's a good thing I'm not the type who hates spoilers so I won't have to avoid IDB during the 5th to the time I'm able to watch it. Lurking here is part of my daily routine already

eevee
emo goose

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:I'm so sorry for double posting. But I have an update. I will be able to avail of a prepaid debit card, but it needs 7 banking days so the earliest I could claim it is on October 11. :( Oh well. Won't be able to watch it with you guys but I'll be able to buy it.
Hey, I think what people meant by pre-paid debit card, is that in America and I assume some other countries (hopefully yours) that you can just walk into a drug store and buy a card with cash. it's a universal gift card. you can use those in paypal! It doesn't have anything to do with your bank.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

eevee wrote: Hey, I think what people meant by pre-paid debit card, is that in America and I assume some other countries (hopefully yours) that you can just walk into a drug store and buy a card with cash. it's a universal gift card. you can use those in paypal! It doesn't have anything to do with your bank.
From what I've been told, pre-paid debit cards here can only be availed and reloaded through banks (could be through online banking though so it's not always an over-the-counter transaction). :(
I haven't heard of reloading or availing of prepaid debit cards in a non-bank transaction. Or if it is, it's not a widespread practice enough that the common public knows about it. Or maybe I really need to brush up on adulting since technically I'm still dependent on my parents and have no idea how to access money other than through allowance. :?

It's interesting though to see the differences in different countries.

eevee
emo goose

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:From what I've been told, pre-paid debit cards here can only be availed and reloaded through banks (could be through online banking though so it's not always an over-the-counter transaction). :(
I haven't heard of reloading or availing of prepaid debit cards in a non-bank transaction. Or if it is, it's not a widespread practice enough that the common public knows about it. Or maybe I really need to brush up on adulting since technically I'm still dependent on my parents and have no idea how to access money other than through allowance. :?

It's interesting though to see the differences in different countries.
Oh yeah, online it says United States :\ that's a shame
sweetmm
angel bean

Debit cards are attached to your bank account, hence you can use it to whatever amount is available in your bank account. Another debit card I know of is American Express charge card.

Never heard of pre-paid debit card, that is new to me.
Last edited by sweetmm on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Does anyone know if you can use a pre pay credit card on a uk YouTube account? Like the type you can get in asda?
sweetmm
angel bean

biatchqueen wrote:Does anyone know if you can use a pre pay credit card on a uk YouTube account? Like the type you can get in asda?
Is it attached to Visa or Mastercard?
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

sweetmm wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Does anyone know if you can use a pre pay credit card on a uk YouTube account? Like the type you can get in asda?
Is it attached to Visa or Mastercard?
I think you can get either, but the reason I'm wondering is because a lot of the time sites here require you to enter address details when using a credit card so I don't know if it'd work because it's not attached to an address? I'm not sure fully how pre pay credit cards here work tbh I've never used one before