Catrific

annetamiau
lady door

Another great Cat moment: 'They're gonna be relieved they're gonna have the place to themselves'
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

annetamiau wrote:Another great Cat moment: 'They're gonna be relieved they're gonna have the place to themselves'
ooh yes my fav.
Yeah I have nothing against Cat, I just don't like her videos. Also she seems kind of annoying, but maybe that's just her vlog voice.
swofro
angel bean

I caught Cat tweet this just now, and deleting it afterwards. Any idea what this is about?

Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

swofro wrote:I caught Cat tweet this just now, and deleting it afterwards. Any idea what this is about?

Well the snide passive-agressive indirect won't help your case, will it? :sideeye:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Oh come on now..
eevee
emo goose

^ that could be the only thing to get me to hate Cat less lmao
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
lavenderpetals
butt chair

I don't understand how she's making a hair care video when her hair is so fried.
000dia000
emo goose

lavenderpetals wrote:

I don't understand how she's making a hair care video when her hair is so fried.
It's a spon so it isn't sacred. I personally don't get hair-care culture if someone dies their hair and straightens their hair to death then putting products in wont help, it will just eventually get worse and worse, why is catrific still straightening her hair if it is damaged :roll:
:cactus:
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

000dia000 wrote:
lavenderpetals wrote:

It's a spon so it isn't sacred. I personally don't get hair-care culture if someone dies their hair and straightens their hair to death then putting products in wont help, it will just eventually get worse and worse, why is catrific still straightening her hair if it is damaged :roll:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Her hair looks awful. You can tell that she's fried the crap out of it, it honestly looked better back before she started dying it. This video is just another meaningless #spon :roll:
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
eevee
emo goose

I saw some new posts and I was hoping we had some juicy #tea. Looks like it's just fried hair. cmon cat, give us something to work with!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
manged
lady door

Y'all looking at her hair and I'm looking at those miniature hockey sticks she calls eyebrows. Good for her for getting sponsorships tho, considering how low her view count is. You really have to be another level of bland to have the connections she has and still barely draw in a consistent audience. It genuinely baffles me.
melon lord
morning quiff

manged wrote:Y'all looking at her hair and I'm looking at those miniature hockey sticks she calls eyebrows. Good for her for getting sponsorships tho, considering how low her view count is. You really have to be another level of bland to have the connections she has and still barely draw in a consistent audience. It genuinely baffles me.
Honestly yeah the Cat dislike is still pure and strong to this day. She's that one person we all have in our lives that kind of appears out of nowhere knowing the right people and they get this huge boost and you're dying both inside and out trying to achieve the same thing or you're just left there, confused.

I get that she worked at dailybooth so she probably got the ins and outs of a lot of Youtubers but how did she manage to weasel herself in with such big names and be "the friend"? semi rethorical question here.

Even her perceived interests are bland. LoL? wow yes much original. Literally every slightly-nerdy person in my friends list on fb has played LoL. Not even her "edgy" silver hair can save her. She's unfunny, bland, she's as grey and dull as her fried af hair.

Galactic-Howell

melon lord wrote:
manged wrote:Y'all looking at her hair and I'm looking at those miniature hockey sticks she calls eyebrows. Good for her for getting sponsorships tho, considering how low her view count is. You really have to be another level of bland to have the connections she has and still barely draw in a consistent audience. It genuinely baffles me.
Honestly yeah the Cat dislike is still pure and strong to this day. She's that one person we all have in our lives that kind of appears out of nowhere knowing the right people and they get this huge boost and you're dying both inside and out trying to achieve the same thing or you're just left there, confused.

I get that she worked at dailybooth so she probably got the ins and outs of a lot of Youtubers but how did she manage to weasel herself in with such big names and be "the friend"? semi rethorical question here.

Even her perceived interests are bland. LoL? wow yes much original. Literally every slightly-nerdy person in my friends list on fb has played LoL. Not even her "edgy" silver hair can save her. She's unfunny, bland, she's as grey and dull as her fried af hair.
managed melon lord I completely agree, I have NO idea how she has an in with and other Youtubers. I can't watch her videos without cringing, she just comes across to me as so insincere and like she's trying too hard.
eevee
emo goose

heck yeah guys this is the #tea I was craving I can always count on you!
Galactic-Howell

eevee wrote:heck yeah guys this is the #tea I was craving I can always count on you!
Cheers
000dia000
emo goose

who needs tea when you guys can roast her
But to add to that, yeah, why does she have as many subscribers as she does? Her connections?I can't see anything interesting about her videos, she has no particular style or charm that attracts people (I'm sorry to say) but it's true, most youtubers have something about themselves that make their channels unique and her channel feels like something that would have 8 K subscribers instead of the amount she does have (though tbh her view count doesn't go really too much above that :? )
:cactus:
lavenderpetals
butt chair

000dia000 wrote:who needs tea when you guys can roast her
But to add to that, yeah, why does she have as many subscribers as she does? Her connections?I can't see anything interesting about her videos, she has no particular style or charm that attracts people (I'm sorry to say) but it's true, most youtubers have something about themselves that make their channels unique and her channel feels like something that would have 8 K subscribers instead of the amount she does have (though tbh her view count doesn't go really too much above that :? )
Out of her most popular videos are in six of them, Joey in about ten, Shane in about three or four. This can be seen from viewing just her most popular videos tab on Youtube.
She just mooches off other youtubers to get views and is basically just a plus one. There's nothing that stands out about her and to me she just tries so hard to be relevant but she's just really old news.

Also noticed she has a gaming channel she hasn't updated in two years.
melon lord
morning quiff

Okay here's some stuff I found while roaming, nothing groundbreaking, just annoying/satisfying to read salt/wondering how the hell she managed :roll:

This link claims about Cat, her dad, and computer hacking their blog?? it's vaguely familiar as a thing but I don't remember if it was ever true or not, but here ya go if you want your tinfoil hat on :lol:

http://jonwheatleyisahacker.blogspot.gr ... faces.html

a reddit thread about an interview with cat :lol:

and her answer :roll:

how the heck did she manage to organise a con, can't even

she appears on fricking Teen Vogue, so that they show her "the ways" since she's sooooo ~tomboyish~ cuz of all the vidya games she plays lol amirite. :roll: :gg:

an eloquent tumblr post

that bit about Vessel is interesting

can't believe she actually attended a vanity fair event

as I said, nothing groundbreaking so far but if I find dirt I'll let you all know

eevee
emo goose

melon lord wrote:Okay here's some stuff I found while roaming, nothing groundbreaking, just annoying/satisfying to read salt/wondering how the hell she managed :roll:
I didn't even know she had a gaming channel or liked League of Legends at all but you learn something new every day.

As for the tumblr post you mentioned:

I remember the Luke Conard thing and the Vessel thing from when they happened. Pretty shitty. I also agree with the "making everything about herself" statement, although I was not aware of her filming people without their consent, I remember vividly a video where she was waiting for Dan and Phil to come back from something so she picked up Dan's camera and just started to vlog and borderline whine about being alone and bored. Like okay did you ask if you could just use his camera also way to insert yourself into someone else's video, lol. "Hey I filmed some footage for you....yeah just of me.........yeah you're welcome!" It just didn't sit right with me. If anyone knows where this video is that'd be coolio-yo but I can't remember.

I'm surprised that tumblr post author left out her animal abuse scandal. She left her dogs out on her porch in summer with no water for too long or something and her landlord ended up saving them because they were making so much noise. Instead of learning her lesson she complained about her landlord letting himself in and was basically like "if i wanna torture my dogs I can" which is not exactly what she said but definitely what it seemed to me like she was implying. That was a huge scandal so I'm really surprised that tumblr user left it out. Also sorry if any of my details aren't exact, I'm just writing this from memory.

Anyway bottom line is that not only does Cat act like a fake bitch, she is a total real bitch!
melon lord
morning quiff

Oh I remember the dog fiasco. Also when she begged money for surgery because her dog ate a sock. Animal care at its finest :thumb:

Yeah her LoL "obsession" is what makes her totes nerdy and relatable, apparently. :roll: She even admits herself in one of those screenshots that she was never "much of a gamer", like it was never part of her lifestyle or personality until LoL and suddenly she feels a sense of ~community~ and belonging?

Like nah bitch, you can't suddenly be part of something just bc of one game that made you waste away your pathetic life. :facepalm:

I'll scour and see if I can find this video :D I haven't got the first clue where it could be but hey lemme try anyway

DryCereal
koi pond

melon lord wrote:I'll scour and see if I can find this video :D I haven't got the first clue where it could be but hey lemme try anyway
Allow me, since Phil's LS is lagtacular! ;)

8:34

Even weirder, since she was vlogging that same day herself.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
eevee
emo goose

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Allow me, since Phil's LS is lagtacular! ;)

8:34

Even weirder, since she was vlogging that same day herself.
Thanks Ickle!! so much cringe though. Whining about how she would die is such a great contribution to Dan's vlog. Glad he kept that in.
bee
phabergé

I don't get the criticism against her "acting like a big youtuber". I mean, good for her if people want to collab or include her into things? A lot of more oldskool Youtubers are still getting included over other, newer Youtubers. It's unfortunate and yeah should be addressed but how is that criticism against Cat? I mean, maybe she is an asshole who takes bad care of her dogs and is conceited or misguided about gaming or whatever. But when being "boring" or having "famous friends" or "not that much subscribers" is part of the reasoning of this criticism I'm like..
melon lord
morning quiff

bee wrote:I don't get the criticism against her "acting like a big youtuber". I mean, good for her if people want to collab or include her into things? A lot of more oldskool Youtubers are still getting included over other, newer Youtubers. It's unfortunate and yeah should be addressed but how is that criticism against Cat? I mean, maybe she is an asshole who takes bad care of her dogs and is conceited or misguided about gaming or whatever. But when being "boring" or having "famous friends" or "not that much subscribers" is part of the reasoning of this criticism I'm like..
Let's assume for a moment that I am not including the phans that are genuinely just jealous of Cat.

Lemme explain why: There is a general, ideal value about being a Youtuber. That everyone starts out with zero subs and views and they work their way up. It won't always apply of course; maybe your friend is famous on Youtube, maybe you started off from tumblr, there's a bunch of reasons.

The thing is that you can usually see the change and shift in them, especially if you followed around for a while. But with Cat, she just started appearing out of nowhere next to really big names and personalities. They appeared in her videos, she appeared in theirs, and it seemed normal like no big deal. It was honestly like a weird form of gaslighting when everyone treated it as a normal thing and fans of the youtubers were like "uhhhh wtf who dis".

Fans didn't really know back then that she was behind dailybooth and hence got to be friendly with lots of big names. She just.. existed. With subs, numbers, famous connections, right from the get go.

Her personality IS boring, to a lot of us. She doesn't have a style of humour, she makes most of her content by being in other peoples' content, she doesn't have an outspoken platform and when she does she messes up (ie standing up for that other guy), she has this one interest, LoL, and she acts as though it's the entire universe.

I can't really explain myself right now, I would need a minute to compose myself, but what I mean is basically that Catrific has defined itself through other people, and when it's through herself, there's not much of interest to show.

bee
phabergé

melon lord wrote:
bee wrote:I don't get the criticism against her "acting like a big youtuber". I mean, good for her if people want to collab or include her into things? A lot of more oldskool Youtubers are still getting included over other, newer Youtubers. It's unfortunate and yeah should be addressed but how is that criticism against Cat? I mean, maybe she is an asshole who takes bad care of her dogs and is conceited or misguided about gaming or whatever. But when being "boring" or having "famous friends" or "not that much subscribers" is part of the reasoning of this criticism I'm like..
Let's assume for a moment that I am not including the phans that are genuinely just jealous of Cat.

Lemme explain why: There is a general, ideal value about being a Youtuber. That everyone starts out with zero subs and views and they work their way up. It won't always apply of course; maybe your friend is famous on Youtube, maybe you started off from tumblr, there's a bunch of reasons.

The thing is that you can usually see the change and shift in them, especially if you followed around for a while. But with Cat, she just started appearing out of nowhere next to really big names and personalities. They appeared in her videos, she appeared in theirs, and it seemed normal like no big deal. It was honestly like a weird form of gaslighting when everyone treated it as a normal thing and fans of the youtubers were like "uhhhh wtf who dis".

Fans didn't really know back then that she was behind dailybooth and hence got to be friendly with lots of big names. She just.. existed. With subs, numbers, famous connections, right from the get go.

Her personality IS boring, to a lot of us. She doesn't have a style of humour, she makes most of her content by being in other peoples' content, she doesn't have an outspoken platform and when she does she messes up (ie standing up for that other guy), she has this one interest, LoL, and she acts as though it's the entire universe.

I can't really explain myself right now, I would need a minute to compose myself, but what I mean is basically that Catrific has defined itself through other people, and when it's through herself, there's not much of interest to show.
She doesn't interest me much as well and I don't watch her besides when she's with D&P, but.
I don't really understand the distrust. People apparently want her in their content and keep including her in stuff, so they must like doing that or are getting something out of that?
She doesn't have a clear voice or a brand or really much to say and you kind of need that as a Youtuber. So I get that it's definitely different that she's popular or whatever despite that. To me she just seems more of a behind the scenes person. She doesn't really 'fit' in the spotlight. Or something. But that's my late-night interpretation.