Berlin - Admiralspalast - 27th November

marieclaire
tol bean

hahaha ok good to hear. and you're probably right, so if y'all meet up i'd be happy to join in case i can't convince my only friend who knows them to go with me. and she definitely has a lower cringe tolerance then me haha
btw does anyone know the venue or ticket price yet? i couldnt find anything
somethingwithcats
tol bean

I was wondering if anyone figured out which theater/location they're gonna be at yet. We will find out in less than 16 hours but I'd like to know now!
Not sure whether I'll be able to go eventhough I live in Berlin, but I might not be in town that weekend. How can they announce it only a month before? That is so little time I'm actually kinda mad. :sideeye:
Anyway, if you need any touristy information just hit me up, when I know which venue they're gonna perform at I might be able to tell you a little about what's nice around there, if you want me to.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Ha I'm 24, so there definitely won't be only super young people. I'm actually wondering if their fanbase in Germany might be a bit older than in the UK/US because of the language? I work with teens and most of the 12 - 14 year old girls only watch German youtubers because they don't speak much English. The friends I'm going with are all around 23/24 and we've been watching them since 2010.

I love Berlin and I'm there quite often, so I might spend the whole weekend to visit friends which I had planned anyway, so that's perfect..

Any of you thinking about VIP if it's available?
mio
#relatable

Waaahh, still not decided whether I wanna go or not :?

One thing that still puts me off is sitting through the show on my own. So anybody here who is alone as well and wants to team up? Maybe arrange sitting together somehow? Message me!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I'm 28 and i'd love someone to sit with! I can't come to a meet up, because i'm not travelling alone, but i'll see the show alone and sitting alone would probably make it less fun

Who else would be interested in a sitting-together arrangement? And what show would you go to? Afternoon or evening?
Maybe we can make one big group of old, cringing fans :lol:

Not interested in VIP, i'm too awkward and uncomfortable for that.
hollyphan
glabella

sitting alone scares me a bit, too haha ah man.
I'm thinking about vip, but idk, it'll be awkward at all, but I'm still tempted.. unsure.
can you book vipü to every seat or do you have to sit right in the front with other vips? that would suck as I don't like front row.

I'll go to the evening show.

when we finally know in which venue it will be, we could look for a bar near by or smth to meet up with a few peeps or smth?
Phandom got me like..
mio
#relatable

I'd also prefer the evening show, but both would be fine with me.
Called my brother about staying with him for the weekend there's (almost) no turning back now :lol:

Maybe we should have some kind of other communication to react more quickly when the tickets go on sale?
Let's say everybody interested in meeting up or coordinating the seating message me your skype and I'll set up a group chat!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
hollyphan
glabella

good idea mio.
I just need to find out my skype or set up a new one because password and I'll send it to you.
Phandom got me like..
marieclaire
tol bean

I'm thinking about vip, but idk, it'll be awkward at all, but I'm still tempted.. unsure.
'

I mean the whole thing is gonna be awkward anyways, might as well go all in hahaha

i could actually convince my friend to go with me, but meeting up before/ afterwards sound good. but could we set up a group in whatsapp oder something? i dont have skype and i dont know how to set it up on my phone haha
HannaMaria
first-time poster

So. I REALLY need some advice and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem! Before anyone asks, I'm 15 and I'm from Stade. (That's a city located just somewhere between Hamburg and Bremen :D ) I really, REALLY want to attend one of the shows in Berlin. It'll be very hard for us to afford but my mom said that we would try it. However, that's where it get's quite complicated. She told me that we weren't going to buy tickets if we don't have ALL the informations. (And i mean ALL) I still don't know which theatre Tatinof is going to take place in and I won't be able to buy tickets because I'm not allowed to. (At least until we know everything) I'm so happy that they decided to do shows in germany but since I'm only 15 and kind of helpless I need some support here. :( (Due to the fact that my English stinks I'm apologizing yo everyone that just had a seizure) I saw that everyone here was so nice and helpful. Thank you in advance! <(^-^<)
Last edited by HannaMaria on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

HannaMaria wrote:So. I REALLY need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem! Before anyone asks, I'm 15 and I'm from Stade. (That's a city located just somewhere between Hamburg and Bremen :D ) I really, REALLY want to attend one of the shows in Berlin. It'll be very hard for us to afford but my mom said that we would try it. However, that's where it get's quite complicated. She told me that we weren't going to buy tickets if we don't have ALL the informations. (And i mean ALL) I still don't know which theatre Tatinof is going to take place in and I won't be able to buy tickets because I'm not allowed to. (At least until we know everything) I'm so happy that they decided to do shows in germany but since I'm only 15 and kind of helpless I need some support here. :( (Due to the fact that my English stinks I'm apologizing yo everyone that just got a seizure) I saw that everyone here was so nice and helpful. Thank you in advance! <(^-^<)
I don't think any of us know the theatre, unfortunately. We'll have to wait until tonight if they don't give us more information before that. As soon as the tickets go on sale, you will have all the information though! it'll be on the ticket website.
mio
#relatable

marieclaire wrote:
i could actually convince my friend to go with me, but meeting up before/ afterwards sound good. but could we set up a group in whatsapp oder something? i dont have skype and i dont know how to set it up on my phone haha
Oh no, the biggest hardship of modern life, finding a messenger everybody uses :lol:
(I for my part am a paranoid bastard and dont use whatsapp anymore..)

But if you only wanna come to a possible meetup, there is still enough time to plan and communicate that. I was more going urgent mode bc of potential ticket coordination today.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
marieclaire
tol bean

oh well okay, i just thought whatsapp would be something everybody had haha. but yeah youre right im sure we're gonna figure out the other stuff later.

as for the venue i even tried looking at some venues websites to see if they had reavealed anything yet but doesnt look like it. i'm guessing it'll be in a relatively small venue that can be seated like heimathafen neukölln, but oh well we'll see. a heads up would've been nice though

oh by the way, the tickets will only be sold on the tatinof website right?
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Someone asked Ticketmaster and they said they won't sell the tickets, so there's only the Tatinof website, the venue website or maybe eventim, but that's not a common point of sale for shows like that.

I thought of Heimathafen too, it's a beautiful venue, but pretty small if it's seated.. Even standing it only fits 1500 people. There's two shows though, so it might be a small venue..
marieclaire
tol bean

yeah it really is, its one of my favourite venues in berlin. the venue also has no back entrance, meaning they'd have to leave through the door next to the main entrance which is good if you'd want to wait around afterwards to meet them. so im rooting for heimathafen haha
im really curious to see how many people will be there. also judging by this thread its just gonna be a bunch of girls in their 20's feeling a little awkward hahaha
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

The stage at Heimathafen is tiny though, they would fit like.. a quarter of the set haha
mio
#relatable

Heimathafen looks lovely!
They also have nothing for 27th on their schedule yet but pretty much on all other sundays
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

Given how low key they were about the announcement in general and how little time we had between announcement and sale it has to be a small venue^^ maybe they're expecting only 500 people per show :D Heimathafen would be great I've been there once it's a really lovely venue

also I don't really know how to take part in the seating coordinating as I'm not at home tonight but I'd like to join the meet up before :) I'm also kind of considering doing vip because I'm afraid I'll regret it if I don't but we'll see
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Any other venue ideas? I am not very familiar with theatres in Berlin, I usually only went to concerts in clubs etc.
idkm8
squish

a friend and i are thinking of flying out there from the uk to attend, if this ends up being the case i will definitely need help navigating the area and general Berlin etiquette haha
somethingwithcats
tol bean

fleur-de-lis wrote:Any other venue ideas? I am not very familiar with theatres in Berlin, I usually only went to concerts in clubs etc.
I was thinking Admiralspalast, maybe? There is nothing going on on the big stage on the 27th (I think?) and Miranda Sings performed there a couple of months ago so they have worked with a youtuber before. And it's more fancy theatre-y than Heimathafen (which would be lovely, but..).
Tempodrom could also be a possibility, there seems to be nothing going on either.
marieclaire
tol bean

the only other venue i can think of would maybe be postbanhof but thats also more of a concert venue. ive been there once to see tøp and the venue and stage were quite small as well so maybe too small for a theatrical show.
i guess we'll find out in 15 minutes.

idkm8 wrote:a friend and i are thinking of flying out there from the uk to attend, if this ends up being the case i will definitely need help navigating the area and general Berlin etiquette haha
wow thats a long way haha, why didnt you go to the uk shows?
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

So i just installed skype and it was quick and required minimal information from me (made up name and a throw away e-mail adress. Just as info for everyone who doesn't have it already.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

marieclaire wrote:the only other venue i can think of would maybe be postbanhof but thats also more of a concert venue. ive been there once to see tøp and the venue and stage were quite small as well so maybe too small for a theatrical show.
I think you might have confused the time zones, it's in two hours, 6pm German time :D
marieclaire
tol bean

fleur-de-lis wrote:
marieclaire wrote:the only other venue i can think of would maybe be postbanhof but thats also more of a concert venue. ive been there once to see tøp and the venue and stage were quite small as well so maybe too small for a theatrical show.
I think you might have confused the time zones, it's in two hours, 6pm German time :D
ahhh i know my friend and i just realized that we appearently dont know how time zones work hahaha we even googled and everything and still got it wrong