Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
uglyamerican
woodland creature

sweetmm wrote:Is this a confirmation of #busgate? Phil did not share the bed with Dan but instead with the momager
Looks like Dan's making a b-line to the toilets...
malday
emo goose

:facepalm: why do people try to start shit between d&p and other youtubers?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote: :facepalm: why do people try to start shit between d&p and other youtubers?
more like why do actual adults who make a living out of social media respond to kids on the internet

oh right bc they want to start shit to be relevant

specially when she didn't even bother to give an actual reply, she just wanted to blow up the tweet and get people to apologize to her on behalf of every dan and phil fan on earth

why do i feel like we have already been through this

oh right, because we have

(seriously nothing pisses me off more than web celebs acting like they don't know how to social media)
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

trashqueen wrote:
malday wrote:
:facepalm: why do people try to start shit between d&p and other youtubers?
more like why do actual adults who make a living out of social media respond to kids on the internet

specially when she didn't even bother to give an actual reply, she just wanted to blow up the tweet and get people to apologize to her on behalf of every dan and phil fan on earth

(seriously nothing pisses me off more than web celebs acting like they don't know how to social media)
With the added benefit of making sure Dan and Phil both see it, since they both follow her.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

As per usual I fell asleep too early and missed the whole thing but now I'm awake and kinda mad that I can't get back to sleep because I have shit to do tomorrow. Or today. Oh well.

First I just really need to drag this shit award show to filth for non D&P related reasons because fuck the BONCAS. Some of you wonderful people have touched upon it thankfully, but I'm seriously livid about Louis winning Travel Video. Rant under spoiler.
This pathetic excuse of an award show just praised A NORTH KOREAN PROPAGANDA VIDEO. That shouldn't even be classified as a travel video BONCAS, fuck off. Louis got sponsored by the DPRK government to come to the country and show all the nice and pretty things like hotels, beach resorts and water parks to make the country seem all great as if horrid human rights violations aren't happening every day. With all his ~focusing on the positive~ bullshit he erased the dire situation in a country where freedom of speech doesn't exist and people live in poverty under one of the worst dictatorial regimes in the world. People are dying but he became Kim Jong Un's lapdog in exchange for a free vacation of probably a good sum of money. Daring to tell people how all the North Korean citizens he met were happy and normal doing cool stuff like surfing as if he met even one average citizen during the trip. People in North Korea are barely able to afford food, let alone stay at a luxury resort. But even after he came back he didn't even utter one word of criticism. He's trash and the BONCAS ain't shit for nominating him in the first place, never mind actually letting the dumbfuck win. Fuck Louis, fuck the BONCAS. Thanks for your time.
On to our winning boys, congrats my darlings They truly are the power couple of British YouTube, Zalfie who?

Their outfits oh my lord. Phil's was tastefully shiny but Dan's was just tacky. I lowkey loved it though, yes boy be the disco ball you always dreamed of being. As a couple blinding all their salty peers, I'm here for it. :lol:

They're so cute accepting awards together I truly LOVE Phil dragging Dan on stage even though he won by himself, they really don't know what to do without each other. Not just at award shows either, just in almost every aspect of life. 'I've spent most of 2016 with another person-' WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS I HATE THEM. They love each other so much idc in what way they just do ;___; Also the way Dan smiles and claps for Phil ugh kill me. I kinda wanted Phil to have his own moment though... Oh well. I'm trash regardless.
trashqueen wrote:
malday wrote: :facepalm: why do people try to start shit between d&p and other youtubers?

Omg this woman... it's no wonder she's dating a guy much younger than her because at least that way maturity levels match. She was all weird about her win too. :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

trashqueen wrote:

hmm, that's a lot of assumptions drawn from one tweet.

which, ironically, i think starts a lot of these misunderstandings between the phandom and their irl friends in the first place...
majitzu
angel bean

malday wrote:
trashqueen wrote:

hmm, that's a lot of assumptions drawn from one tweet.

which, ironically, i think starts a lot of these misunderstandings between the phandom and their irl friends in the first place...
Well is not the first time this happens. She doesn't know how to ignore "drama" or what is worse, she prefers to aknowledge it
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: hmm, that's a lot of assumptions drawn from one tweet.

They're not so much assumptions as they are the Truth. This isn't at all the first time Hazel (or Jack, what a pair) have responded to dumb shit on twitter involving D&P. Yes, the fans are being idiots, but also: it's the internet. Block and ignore, or better yet, just ignore. But nah, she responds (effectively @ing D&P, as dizzy said, to bring this petty shit to their attention, and for what purpose exactly..?). It gets tiresome. Same reason I'm not expecting Emma to have undergone any lasting transformation or growth, she'll be right back to shading them on twitter in no time. It's not a misunderstanding when the same group of people are constantly shitty and look down on fans of D&P, time and time again (until they need those sweet phandom views and try to play nice for a day or two).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I know you all are thirsty for any bit of Phil you can get, so here is a super awkward use of his intro in a presentation made at the YT creator space.

Starts at 9:20. Its just Phil saying "hey guys" a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX9Y-iQsnA4
isabella
butt chair

i was at the boncas last night and i'm still shook (sorry overused word but it fits) after witnessing all of that in person. like wow i don't care how you wanna take it, but dan and phil love each other so goddamn much like it was palpable. i don't really have anything to add that wasn't already said or posted in a video but yeah it was good. also i'm not sure how evan's livestream portrayed it but from being there in person, i don't think it was as much of a shit show as some of you were saying it was. basically the only technical flops were at the beginning of dodie's performance and a nomination video glitched once for like 2 seconds. i have no clue why they didn't live stream it though unless it was theatre rules. but they didn't enforce the no filming/photography rule at all so idk. i thought it was a lovely evening. my only complaint was the lack of diverse representation (14 categories and only two of them weren't won by white men) but it's whatevs. dan and phil were the main reason i was there so i had a great night.
malday
emo goose

majitzu wrote: Well is not the first time this happens. She doesn't know how to ignore "drama" or what is worse, she prefers to aknowledge it
fancybum wrote: They're not so much assumptions as they are the Truth. This isn't at all the first time Hazel (or Jack, what a pair) have responded to dumb shit on twitter involving D&P. Yes, the fans are being idiots, but also: it's the internet. Block and ignore, or better yet, just ignore. But nah, she responds (effectively @ing D&P, as dizzy said, to bring this petty shit to their attention, and for what purpose exactly..?). It gets tiresome. Same reason I'm not expecting Emma to have undergone any lasting transformation or growth, she'll be right back to shading them on twitter in no time. It's not a misunderstanding when the same group of people are constantly shitty and look down on fans of D&P, time and time again (until they need those sweet phandom views and try to play nice for a day or two).
hmm, ok. (now i wish i hadn't drawn more attention to that tweet )

But, I guess my perception is different, because i don't really have a problem with other youtubers responding to phans that are attacking them directly.

It's more real to me than people jumping on the bandwagon and pretending to ship phan just to milk the phandom for views. (*looks at pewdiepie*. though i don't really have a problem with that either :lol: ).
Even the phandom looks down on the phandom, doesn't it?

I feel like some people see shade being thrown at deppy in almost anything but to me it's not as much shade as it is ridiculousness, and people projecting.

Emma Blackery is a whole other creature, though.
flurry
living flop

I realise my time zone is the opposite of most of you all! Which is why I wake up to many new pages but when I'm awake, the forum is mostly inactive!

Thanks for embedding the videos and photos here - I feel so proud of them! Especially since I did my part in voting even from the other side of the universe. Singing the Internet is Here was so cute! The first time I saw it, my first thought was that they really can't sing or dance but somehow it has wormed its way into my cold heart.

Also glad to know that they'll keep the universe intact by staying together in the most general sense of the word.

I also sent the LA DAPGOOSE bookstore a message and they said the event wasn't filmed. Ah well.
blueapple_x
flower crown

flurry wrote:I also sent the LA DAPGOOSE bookstore a message and they said the event wasn't filmed. Ah well.
What exactly did you ask them? Because...
I don't see why he'd confirm it was being filmed if it actually wasn't. Imo it was either going to be filmed by their publishers or Dan and Phil's team of people. The bookstore wouldn't necessarily be involved with the filming even though it was at their venue.
MoonPride
moon room

Woke up this morning still smiling. I am hopeful we get full HD video soon because I want to remember these moments in glorious colour not on my shitty iPhone camera videos lol.

What I saw last night was the real Dan & Phil, no scripting, no jump cuts and edits. What I saw was two people who truly love each other celebrating each other.

I don't care anymore I am trash and will go with this ship. Holes or no holes.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

malday wrote: hmm, ok. (now i wish i hadn't drawn more attention to that tweet )

But, I guess my perception is different, because i don't really have a problem with other youtubers responding to phans that are attacking them directly.

It's more real to me than people jumping on the bandwagon and pretending to ship phan just to milk the phandom for views. (*looks at pewdiepie*. though i don't really have a problem with that either :lol: ).
Even the phandom looks down on the phandom, doesn't it?

I feel like some people see shade being thrown at deppy in almost anything but to me it's not as much shade as it is ridiculousness, and people projecting.

Emma Blackery is a whole other creature, though.
I don't think Hazel is trying to throw shade and D&P but I also don't think she is being attacked by the phandom. Last time she drew attention to something like this I searched both tumblr and twitter high and low was unable to find examples of the so called warning messages she'd got about calling Phil bae but there was plenty of people profusely apologizing at her oh so wonderful feet for these seemingly non-existent messages.
Now I haven't checked this time so maybe their are dozens of messages along the same lines and Hazel is just trying to defend herself from an onslaught of abuse. Or maybe she is again making a mountain out a mole hill even though she knows full well how over the top the phandom go apologizing for the isolated comments of a few.
Unless she needs an ego boost I just really don't know why she'd want to draw the phandoms eyes to her over one persons silly comment.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Catallena wrote:As per usual I fell asleep too early and missed the whole thing but now I'm awake and kinda mad that I can't get back to sleep because I have shit to do tomorrow. Or today. Oh well.

First I just really need to drag this shit award show to filth for non D&P related reasons because fuck the BONCAS. Some of you wonderful people have touched upon it thankfully, but I'm seriously livid about Louis winning Travel Video. Rant under spoiler.
This pathetic excuse of an award show just praised A NORTH KOREAN PROPAGANDA VIDEO. That shouldn't even be classified as a travel video BONCAS, fuck off. Louis got sponsored by the DPRK government to come to the country and show all the nice and pretty things like hotels, beach resorts and water parks to make the country seem all great as if horrid human rights violations aren't happening every day. With all his ~focusing on the positive~ bullshit he erased the dire situation in a country where freedom of speech doesn't exist and people live in poverty under one of the worst dictatorial regimes in the world. People are dying but he became Kim Jong Un's lapdog in exchange for a free vacation of probably a good sum of money. Daring to tell people how all the North Korean citizens he met were happy and normal doing cool stuff like surfing as if he met even one average citizen during the trip. People in North Korea are barely able to afford food, let alone stay at a luxury resort. But even after he came back he didn't even utter one word of criticism. He's trash and the BONCAS ain't shit for nominating him in the first place, never mind actually letting the dumbfuck win. Fuck Louis, fuck the BONCAS. Thanks for your time.
On to our winning boys, congrats my darlings They truly are the power couple of British YouTube, Zalfie who?

Their outfits oh my lord. Phil's was tastefully shiny but Dan's was just tacky. I lowkey loved it though, yes boy be the disco ball you always dreamed of being. As a couple blinding all their salty peers, I'm here for it. :lol:

They're so cute accepting awards together I truly LOVE Phil dragging Dan on stage even though he won by himself, they really don't know what to do without each other. Not just at award shows either, just in almost every aspect of life. 'I've spent most of 2016 with another person-' WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS I HATE THEM. They love each other so much idc in what way they just do ;___; Also the way Dan smiles and claps for Phil ugh kill me. I kinda wanted Phil to have his own moment though... Oh well. I'm trash regardless.
I was lowkey waiting for your post about Louis because I agree that it was very disgusting and inappropriate.

FIRST OFF: IM LIVING FOR SASSY PHIL HITTING DAN TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY

DISCLAIMER: levels of trash extremely high- proceed with caution
Okay I make no effort to hide my level of phil trashness (fite me dp333 ) and I was happy that the guy finally got to be the center of attention and get the respect from all his peers. That being said he always tends to surprise me with his compassion and caring nature. He won't accept anything he doesn't deserve and he will always look out for others before himself. I can see why so many who know him are enamored by his nature. For someone who constantly is talked over and ignored (there's actually videos of this and they break my heart) he still remains the same polite, kind spoken guy that tends to consider others before himself. And his gesture to Dan played into so many things that make up my picture of Phil. It wasn't nerves but more of a gesture of appreciation and a gesture of love. You can see from the moment he decides to do it, he looks over to Dan with a crinkle of fond eyes and beckons him over. Then fucking smiles like the sun at his waddling husband. Evan's gasp was so telling because it was a complete shock for everyone (Dan included I think) and the significance behind goes beyond two business partners. Its the squishy hot rush of love that they feel for each other and its so sickeningly beautiful to me.

Phil has always wanted Dan by his side. I think he decided that when he DMed him for the first time on skype and invited him over. He collabed with him, he endorsed him, and he saw something in Dan and something in their relationship that no one could have ever predicted. We saw that again in the radio show. He was asked by BBC but he again brought Dan along. Yea it might have been because their chemistry sold, but for me it showed that he believed in Dan and what they can create together. They make every career decision together, every risk together, every fail together. I think with Phil calling Dan onstage it brought their lives full circle. Phil acknowledges the fact that he would be nowhere without the man standing next to him. To acknowledge that with confidence and a smile takes a lot of guts. Owing your successes to another person takes a lot and Phil is the type of person that can put aside his ego and admit that and that's a beautiful thing.

And Dan himself deserves that belief and confidence and so much more and thats what makes them work so well. Between them there is no spite, jealousy, or comparison, just genuine love and unwavering support. They treat each others successes as their own and they provide confidence and reassurance to each other every step of the way and if that doesn't define love then I dont know what else can?
flurry
living flop

blueapple_x wrote:
flurry wrote:I also sent the LA DAPGOOSE bookstore a message and they said the event wasn't filmed. Ah well.
What exactly did you ask them? Because...
I don't see why he'd confirm it was being filmed if it actually wasn't. Imo it was either going to be filmed by their publishers or Dan and Phil's team of people. The bookstore wouldn't necessarily be involved with the filming even though it was at their venue.
I asked them if the event was filmed and when it would be up - and they replied by saying sorry the event wasn't filmed. I guess that means it's still possible that someone else videoed it maybe?
MoonPride
moon room

Hazel seemed drunk before she even went on stage, so part of me feels like her reply is based on how much she has been drinking.
swofro
angel bean

Lovely picture from Pj

Love is forever
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

kuensukki wrote:
Catallena wrote:As per usual I fell asleep too early and missed the whole thing but now I'm awake and kinda mad that I can't get back to sleep because I have shit to do tomorrow. Or today. Oh well.

I was lowkey waiting for your post about Louis because I agree that it was very disgusting and inappropriate.

FIRST OFF: IM LIVING FOR SASSY PHIL HITTING DAN TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY

DISCLAIMER: levels of trash extremely high- proceed with caution
Okay I make no effort to hide my level of phil trashness (fite me dp333 ) and I was happy that the guy finally got to be the center of attention and get the respect from all his peers. That being said he always tends to surprise me with his compassion and caring nature. He won't accept anything he doesn't deserve and he will always look out for others before himself. I can see why so many who know him are enamored by his nature. For someone who constantly is talked over and ignored (there's actually videos of this and they break my heart) he still remains the same polite, kind spoken guy that tends to consider others before himself. And his gesture to Dan played into so many things that make up my picture of Phil. It wasn't nerves but more of a gesture of appreciation and a gesture of love. You can see from the moment he decides to do it, he looks over to Dan with a crinkle of fond eyes and beckons him over. Then fucking smiles like the sun at his waddling husband. Evan's gasp was so telling because it was a complete shock for everyone (Dan included I think) and the significance behind goes beyond two business partners. Its the squishy hot rush of love that they feel for each other and its so sickeningly beautiful to me.

Phil has always wanted Dan by his side. I think he decided that when he DMed him for the first time on skype and invited him over. He collabed with him, he endorsed him, and he saw something in Dan and something in their relationship that no one could have ever predicted. We saw that again in the radio show. He was asked by BBC but he again brought Dan along. Yea it might have been because their chemistry sold, but for me it showed that he believed in Dan and what they can create together. They make every career decision together, every risk together, every fail together. I think with Phil calling Dan onstage it brought their lives full circle. Phil acknowledges the fact that he would be nowhere without the man standing next to him. To acknowledge that with confidence and a smile takes a lot of guts. Owing your successes to another person takes a lot and Phil is the type of person that can put aside his ego and admit that and that's a beautiful thing.

And Dan himself deserves that belief and confidence and so much more and thats what makes them work so well. Between them there is no spite, jealousy, or comparison, just genuine love and unwavering support. They treat each others successes as their own and they provide confidence and reassurance to each other every step of the way and if that doesn't define love then I dont know what else can?

I think with Phil calling Dan onstage it brought their lives full circle. Phil acknowledges the fact that he would be nowhere without the man standing next to him. To acknowledge that with confidence and a smile takes a lot of guts.

The very private man known as Phil Lester actually did this and acknowledged that yes, they aren't ever that far apart from one another, yes they do everything together and that he was freaking PROUD to be associated with Dan. So the announcers and anyone else can throw whatever shade they want because yes. It's true.

Then fucking smiles like the sun at his waddling husband.

This. Right. Here. Gives me life because Dan does in fact waddle.

My trash can will soon runneth over.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

So I hate award shows and went to bed early and missed all the good stuff, I'm stupid :sideeye: I still find a lot of it cringy, but damn did all of this even happen?
Catallena wrote:
I didn't follow Louis NK vlogs, but I don't have to watch them to know how wrong the whole thing was. So thanks for mentioning it, what the hell were they thinking? They could have nominated someone else or at least other videos of him! Doesn't he make one video a day, it's not like there's not enough material. This is just wrong! :sideeye:

On a lighter note: I really liked what you said, kuensukki!

It's just so beautiful to see that two people can be this close and love each other as much as Dan and Phil do. And this is something nobody can deny. I don't doubt that they have problems and had in the past, that they fight over things and that not everything is perfect, but I genuinely believe that they have a relationship most people can only dream of having. I envy them, but I'm also happy for them. They deserve each other so much!

And Phil! My dear Phil, he had the chance to have the stage all for himself, but he didn't want to. This just shows that at least when it comes to work, they don't want to be seen separately anymore. What would 2012 Dan say? I love them And people who say that Dan loves Phil more or something can fuck off because they obviously don't understand anything!

I'm just trash. Pure, utter trash
pulvis et umbra sumus
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

What can I say that hasn't already been said...

They are so cute and sweet, I want to rip my face off so I can stare even closer at the screen.

Also, I admit I've complained about the lack of new vids, and I've been sidelined as a fan during Tatinof, but it suddenly hit me that they made a play. Can't even imagine how much effort and courage it took, so, congrats to both Dan and Phil.
flurry
living flop

teamug wrote:What can I say that hasn't already been said...

They are so cute and sweet, I want to rip my face off so I can stare even closer at the screen.

Also, I admit I've complained about the lack of new vids, and I've been sidelined as a fan during Tatinof, but it suddenly hit me that they made a play. Can't even imagine how much effort and courage it took, so, congrats to both Dan and Phil.
Yes yes! I think because they didn't go to Asia at all I kinda was sidelined by the tour too until it came out on YTR but it's hard to imagine that they actually played at large Broadway theatres etc. I remember Dan said one of his early ambitions was to be an actor but he scrapped that for the more practical option of law? He got to do that after all! And Phil who is painfully shy entertaining people on stage for hours is incredible
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I wish that I could give you kudos or something because even tho I mostly am just friggin zazzed about Dan and Phil @ Boncas, but I just can't with Louis winning an award like that. I'm just a tad bit furious.

Anyways back to Deppy - I am soo waiting for a liveshow, joint or not. If it is just Dan it's basically him being all like "I'm so proud, everybody sees what I see" and I just, urgh, am waiting for my lil broken heat to melt. If it is them together then... it's them together

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I don't think this one's been posted here yet, just the ending of The Internet Is Here, but a good view of them:
It was a lovely show, amazing to see them win three times (and thankfully only for things they deserved, it was a shame PJ didn't get the series award, so much went into Oscar's Hotel and it's a huge thing for him, plus it would have been nice to see him onstage) and so good to see them do the song again. It fits with "that's how the show should end" for a night all about the internet. I wasn't sure if they'd do it after the teaser sketch earlier, that could have been it, but it was good foreshadowing.

It was a fun show all round, although a bit messy. There was a silly bit where the presenters Jack and Conor were standing in the top boxes either side of the stage and Jack had to get to the other side, so of course he went through the front row of the circle making everyone stand up (and get a few selfies along the way). I was in that row so that was fun (amazing view too). I had no idea who the M.O. girls were or what they were singing, but I liked Dodie's song, she's quite poetic in her lyrics and she has a sweet voice. I was glad to see other people who've been around a long time and focus on one thing win for it, like the Sorted Food guys.

It was wonderful to spend time with the girls, and after going to see Tatinof in Dublin with them too the last two days have been crazy fun (and so much travelling especially in just two days). Sharing our love for these boys and squeeing over them, and just hanging out, is so great.

Had a quick google and found a likely contender for Dan's jacket of silver sequins: http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-skinny-al ... oC8cfw_wcB