Dan & Phil Part 34: It's a post-baking universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's.... it's stage make-up, guys. They were going on stage and needed their faces to be visible and not completely drowned-out under the lights. It's supposed to look obnoxious close-up. :lol:

Also, I am 100% here for Dan inhaling food to avoid conversation.
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

gnostic
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote:It's.... it's stage make-up, guys. They were going on stage and needed their faces to be visible and not completely drowned-out under the lights. It's supposed to look obnoxious close-up. :lol:

Also, I am 100% here for Dan inhaling food to avoid conversation.
Having dated theatre kids and make up artists and havinG seen stage make up close up many times, I stand by my statement
Just here for the marketing skills
peekatyou
drama llama

papierklemmen wrote:
peekatyou wrote:
Amiaw wrote:So hector is giving away some D and P pictures and there was this interesting exchange
Now I'm not saying it's Dan because it could literally be anybody but....

Edit: hector liked the tweet asking if it was Dan
Some people said Hector was talking about it in one of his live shows. I remember not believing my eyes and thinking they were joking, but apparently that actually happened - Dan asked Hector to send him that painting. That's freaking hilarious/adorable.
maybe that honey has a special place in dan's heart
Maybe. :) In all seriousness though, it's Dan showing his appreciation for Hector and his creative mind and their friendly online interactions that they have going on, which is nice.
Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

hannah wrote: Theres a super good phanfic with that exact title loool
Well I definitely need to read this!
malday
emo goose

SquishPhan wrote:
@8:10 i wonder if that candid moment was left intentionally in.
Last edited by malday on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

ok this was probably my least favourite video.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

papierklemmen wrote:ok this was probably my least favourite video.
Lol I was about to say that I loved this video
Maybe I just like when Dan gets frustrated. But actually I thought Phil was hilarious in this one also.
sentinel
lady door

Phil said he edited the last TIQ video, therefore our theories about Dan biting his lips into oblivion might not have been right. Also, he might have used editing as an excuse to leave the party, discuss.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Not my fave vid tbh. I'm starting to get a bit tired of them playing this game and had really hoped this would be them finishing it.
There were still some nice moments though.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Oh god, defo not my favourite video.

just let it die...

let it die...

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

3/10 for this one. It was saved by Dan's (faux?) excitement at @ 11:18, 'cause that shit was CUTE!

The whole video felt super short and frustrating. They spent the majority of it covering things we already saw and their irritation with it is beginning to rub off on me. I don't want them to have to go through it again, either!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

SquishPhan wrote:Not my fave vid tbh. I'm starting to get a bit tired of them playing this game and had really hoped this would be them finishing it.
There were still some nice moments though.
There were still nice moments, it wasn't a bad video - but not my fave either. I think it's because they're clearly pretty tired of playing it. This gamingmas is teaching me that I love watching them work together to solve something, and I love watching them compete when it's an something they're both into, but this is just kind of 15 minutes of them randomly clicking buttons, shouting in frustration, then fast forwarding. I'm glad it seems like there's only gonna be one more part.

I like Phil admitting that when they film he isn't usually wearing anything below the waist that he can show on camera, though.
gnostic
stress mushroom

malday wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
@8:10 i wonder if that candid moment was left intentionally in.
Now if only anyone can transcribe the jeans centered discussion for my no English skills ass
Just here for the marketing skills
melon lord
morning quiff

Ngl the game I don't care about but I live for their reactions

Poor Dan looked ready to commit murder, I wouldn't have had the heart to tell them it's not actually over when they were so excited at reaching 100 poor children :lol:

tigertatze
living flop

000dia000 wrote: Phil the absolute mad lad
Um..
#nohetero
MoonPride
moon room

Fed up of this game, but I'm guessing for them it's a quick and easy game to film. Sadly this was my least fave video this December.
scientia
phabergé

What's with the repeated desire to kill Phil? I mean when Phil does something hilariously disastrous in a game it makes sense, but there wasn't really anything like that in this video...?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think the stress of gamingmas is beginning to show. Good thing we've had so much content because if this was a normal upload (one video a month) I'd be pretty disappointed. As it stands it wasn't terrible- Phil is always a bright spot and I loved the marshmallow bit so I'll just Hope the remaining 6 videos are good.

And I'm not complaining really- putting out a video everyday, during the holidays, right after their tour ended - is an impressive feat for anyone. These lads need a rest and when they come back hopefully they will be refreshed
melon lord
morning quiff

tigertatze wrote:
Um..
I don't want to ruin your tinfoil hat but Dan called Phil a "mad lad" in the video, hence the reference, but I think it was funnier when dia said it :lol:

nephilimcat
woodland creature

I hoped this would be the last one because I lost interest after the third one but apparently not. It just shows how much they enjoyed the other games because you can really see how fed up they are with this one. It's still a good video because it's Deppy, I don't think I'm capable of disliking a video of them interacting because I'm trash

So this leaves 5 (?) videos. 2 of them Undertale? I guess one or two will be a Dan vs. Phil. And one of them will be Sims. It's coming to an end
pulvis et umbra sumus
tigertatze
living flop

melon lord wrote:
tigertatze wrote:
Um..
I don't want to ruin your tinfoil hat but Dan called Phil a "mad lad" in the video, hence the reference, but I think it was funnier when dia said it :lol:
No thanks for ruining the tin foil I legit had a minor momet of paranoia because of the timing, I didn't realize he said it in the vid I just remembered the post (because it was A+) :lol:
#nohetero
papierklemmen
flower crown

tigertatze wrote:
Um..
actually dan called him mad lad in the google feud video :lol: dont worry, he'a not lurking ( )

edit: Ah melon lord beat me to it

i'm starting to really get siblings vibe from them with all the killing each other talk lately. deppy are brothers theory +1 point
sentinel
lady door

DAN LIP WATCH
A SENTINEL ORIGINAL
Welcome back to lip watch 2lk16. The facts have changed: I was informed by malday that the Best fiends video was filmed on Nov 30, judging by the tweets. Undertale 2 was fillmed on 15 December. Everything else is still me going janetjacksonmagnifier.gif

Right so up until Bishi Bashi and possibly Dance Evolution we have no idea when anything was filmed since Dan's lips were all fine and stuff (LOT 1):
The Katamari video is questionable because it looks like Dan's lip is healing, however it doesn't make sense timeline wise.

The next video is The Impossible Quiz where "everyone is giving Dan lip balm for Christmas."
Image - This is the worst his lips look.
After that, we can see them healing, video order: Akinator, GOOGLE FEUD, Slender (LOT 2)
Image / Image / Image
Bubble Bobble is uploaded after Slender and a lot before Google Feud, but Dan's lips look brand new. BB was almost definitely filmed at the start of the month and is part of LOT 1.
Then it is Will D&P Press the Button (plus Dan's sour mood), SIMS - Dab is born and then Kinect Sports, where his lips are once again back to being absolutely fine and is therefore part of LOT 1
Image / Image / Image
And last, Gang Beasts and Undetale 2 which could have been filmed either way, but they look a little more irritated in GB than in U2 so that's how I'm putting it. NEW ADDITION The Impossible Quiz - right cut has started to scab, but it looks deeper than in U2, so I think it was filmed BEOFRE Undertale 2 and Gang beasts.
Image Image Image
This thrilling saga is on it's way out but stay tuned for breaking news based on the lips state(tm) in tomorrow's liveshow.

(im putting that degree in mass media to good use you guys.)
Philena
blobfish

I'll hide over here in the corner with spaceguitar , because I actually liked it, too. I could empathize with their sheer frustration. I have a bit of a completionist kink (har) myself, so I can understand the need to put yourself through torture just to check a box. I mean, they got this far. Would you really want them to quit now?!

And, yes, I am quite happy Phil felt the need of let us know that he had appropriate legs this time