Dan & Phil Part 34: It's a post-baking universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

my first impression of the video

being cute af.
Last edited by malday on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

lishachi wrote:
Amiaw wrote:
melon lord wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Something I noticed in the 2nd best friends quiz and this video- they made it a point to show that they have to unlock their own phones ...

Also got the impression they weren't alone when they filmed this

(It was still entertaining though and yes to Phil winning and the dark jumper )
What gives you that impression? I was too busy squeeing over their interactions to notice :lol:

I hate the boys, they made me download the game to my own phone now so I can play :sideeye:
Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?
isn't their second monitor to their left? they check it frequently i think, isn't it the facecam? correct me if im wrong :D
Possibly but catrific has been in London so that might be why I don't believe she has been staying with them but she has spent quite a bit of time in their neighborhood
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, they actually played Crossy Road, such meta. That was cool, it was funny to see Phil playing his goose and hearing its sad honk. Those jumpers are something else. Silver suits Phil, though I can't imagine why he bought a scratchy jumper or why Dan bought his if he hates the text. Or has someone been buying them bad jumpers for the lolz? There was friendmas after all

Such a fun video, and so tense, I was rooting for Phil but it was a high score to beat. How funny that Dan brought in all or nothing this time and flattened himself one second in after cheekily buying the elf like that. My opinion of which one of them is naughtier changes with every other video (generally I say it's Phil, but that was pretty naughty, Daniel).

There were some good moments of serious voice from Phil, especially when Dan was whiny and Phil said "of course the game worked". Dan the brat's not getting away with that ;)

Final Undertale tomorrow since Dan hinted to someone on twitter that tomorrow's video will be "emotional and long". He also mentioned the Howlter family Christmas so, as someone else said already, Sims on Saturday to finish it all off with warm fuzzies.
000dia000
emo goose

Amiaw wrote:Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?
Why would their secret girlfriend(s) willingly sit in the corner and watch them flirt and touch each other on camera?
:cactus:
oribanana
smol bean

Don't understand why this video is strange to some, I personally loved it. It was extremely tense bc crossy road is a nightmare to play but they were adorable in it
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

gnostic wrote:"Don't move your arm" or you could start sitting with more than half an inch between you two idk
Why would they ever want to do that? I remember at some point towards the beginning/middle of the year I was watching videos at like half speed trying to work out if Dan was resting his elbow on Phil's armrest, now we not only have the many gamingmas references to that, but also this glorious moment, it's almost too much. (never) (give me more)

Nothing to add really beyond that - I adored it, they were so lovely and cute and playful, and I loved their new jumpers. I didn't get any odd vibes or feel like there was anyone else in the room, just found it really happy and comfortable - peak domestic. It did feel competitive, sure, and maybe that made it a bit more tense/intense? But it didn't seem uncomfortable to me, just fun and mostly light hearted - though that didn't stop me screeching/cackling with laughter when Dan died so soon on his final run.

Edit:
flarequake wrote:Those jumpers are something else. Silver suits Phil, though I can't imagine why he bought a scratchy jumper or why Dan bought his if he hates the text. Or has someone been buying them bad jumpers for the lolz? There was friendmas after all
oooh, good thought! Dan's does seem like something Byrony could like?
Last edited by internetakeover on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

yeah, they constantly look at their monitor on the left, it's annoying. i first noticed it when dan pointed out that it gave his neck blue glow in the christmas slender video and can't unnotice them looking at it ever since. :roll: but who knows, maybe their entire families are sitting there in the corner, their four mormon wives and children.

(is there even anything other than the desk, monitor and the wall in that corner? lol)
blueapple_x
flower crown

Phil and I were twins with that cackle when Dan died at 8:19

They looked so cozy next to each other during the entirety of Dan's turn starting around 4:05
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

oribanana wrote:Don't understand why this video is strange to some, I personally loved it. It was extremely tense bc crossy road is a nightmare to play but they were adorable in it
Agreed with this, don't see anything weird about this vid either.
They were cute af at the end of the video though.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?
Why would their secret girlfriend(s) willingly sit in the corner and watch them flirt and touch each other on camera?
hey don't kinkshame
MoonPride
moon room

Dan looks so nice and soft in pink.
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

that was such a cute video I'd rather watch grass grow than watch anyone else play Crossy Road how do they do this to me?
Last edited by Lucyrg95 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

everything we thought we knew was a lie ?
sentinel
lady door

papierklemmen wrote: everything we thought we knew was a lie ?
That's exactly what a sore loser would say :gg:
PolarFox
truth bomb

I just want to chime in and say that Dan in pink makes me question my sexuality
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Not the best video IMO but I do love to see Phil win.
Although my inner cynic can't help but wonder if it was perhaps staged. I'm not saying it definitely was but for me Dan being the one to request all or nothing for a change and then it still managing to end with them on even ground felt almost too neat of a way to wrap things up for the year.

I have absolutely loved gamingmas. I know it's not over yet but I feel like I'm already going into mourning for it in preparation for the end arriving.
Normally I'm not even a person who really minds there less than stellar uploading schedule but after being spoiled like this I'm not sure how I will be able to go back to two videos a month and be happy with that.
Amiaw wrote:
melon lord wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Something I noticed in the 2nd best friends quiz and this video- they made it a point to show that they have to unlock their own phones ...

Also got the impression they weren't alone when they filmed this

(It was still entertaining though and yes to Phil winning and the dark jumper )
What gives you that impression? I was too busy squeeing over their interactions to notice :lol:

I hate the boys, they made me download the game to my own phone now so I can play :sideeye:
Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?
If what they say is true Phil won't even let Dan watch him film if his not in it with him so if they did have someone at the house I doubt they'd actually have them in the gaming room while they filmed they'd probably just leave them in the lounge (where they'd probably be more comfortable then they would be standing in the corner by the door to remain off camera).
Winston
flower crown

could they get more disgusting? Seriously, I saw the game they were playing and almost didn't watch but oh buddy did I watch it. I watched the sh*t out of that video. I was waiting for Philly-bops to wrap his arm around Dan and give him some freaking crossy-road tips a-la-cheesy rom com leading man/leading lady.(yes, that is a sentence. fite me) Dan in that pink jumper, made me catch my breath, and clutch at my pearls. Phil in that cool (be it scratchy, idgaf Phil we all suffer for fashion) chain-mail jumper had my eyes practically melt in their sockets. Jfc someone please tell me this is fever induced hallucination of cute af-ness.
actions speak louder than words
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

How do they manage to make a video about basically playing frogger so cute? Loved the video, and whatever mood they were in was so nice. They both looked really nice too, although I don't know what possessed Phil to get such an uncomfortable sweater, I felt itchy just watching him. Dan's looked much more cozy.
We got a tongue-sticky-out smile from Phil at 2:55, then later the same expression from Dan (8:13), I see the symbiotic merging into a single being is coming along nicely.
Dan "borrowing" Phil's thumb to buy himself an elf cracked me up, what a brat, especially after Phil already told him "no".

tl;dr I loved everything about it, I am a happy .
Amiaw
interactive introvert

pearshaped34 wrote: If what they say is true Phil won't even let Dan watch him film if his not in it with him so if they did have someone at the house I doubt they'd actually have them in the gaming room while they filmed they'd probably just leave them in the lounge (where they'd probably be more comfortable then they would be standing in the corner by the door to remain off camera).
Oh don't mind me- I'm always suspicious of happiness and my mind is always looking for some kind of "unsolved mystery". Probably why I like deppy so much- their interactions are never boring.
papierklemmen
flower crown

[offtopic]if anyone knows where i can get dan's jumper pls pm me cause i want it unless it costs £700 :?
i tried searching for it but got nothing, although i found this gem - quite useful tbh :lol:
[/offtopic]
pearshaped34
morning quiff

^
It's from Topman he said in the video.

Link
http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/c ... bi=0&ps=20
papierklemmen
flower crown

pearshaped34 wrote:^
It's from Topman he said in the video.

Link
http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/c ... bi=0&ps=20
thanks! well damn i thought it was just some throwaway line about topman.
malday
emo goose

pearshaped34 wrote:Not the best video IMO but I do love to see Phil win.
Although my inner cynic can't help but wonder if it was perhaps staged. I'm not saying it definitely was but for me Dan being the one to request all or nothing for a change and then it still managing to end with them on even ground felt almost too neat of a way to wrap things up for the year.
I am 100% convinced they planned it for Phil to catch up to Dan.
I think Gamingmas was all about making the phandom feel good and giving it what it wants. One of the motifs was seeing Phil win, it was all over the comments, i'm sure they took notice of it.

still cute tho.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This video was adorable.

I don't think they rigged the actual games for Phil to win, but I think they incorporated more games that Phil was good at - which is fine? I don't see that any different than them doing games that take advantage of Dan's quick reflexes or dexterity. And them tying was a really fun resolution to it.

Loved the warm and cozy vibes, loved the fond teasing, loved the emo goose.
violet-writer
living flop

My favorite bit by far was Phil just adamantly not wanting to buy the 99p character. So frugal. :lol:

(And of course, Dan being a sneaky shit, and taking Phil's thumb to unlock it!!)

Also, the ending bit (you all know what I'm talking about) when Phil said "I hate you" his voice was so deep. /feeels
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver