Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lishachi
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

Is this ok to post? @updatedphan retweeted this today, seems they're in Singapore but there's no specific location there. Unless someone has already said on twitter or something. They look like they've caught the sun already (put under spoiler because its a big picture)

People are going crazy over Dans shoes as supposedly they are these:
Gotta spend that ad revenue somehow ;) (joking, he can buy what ever he likes! they look real comfy)

Where is the place they are going again? It's in Australia right? I forget the thing they're doing there already. Stop off in Singapore before Australia then? :D
:biflag: :blackheart:
malday
emo goose

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSs0kpmhcCM/

They're in Singapore already. Not sure if it's okay to post, but it's been an hour already so they might not be in the place anymore. In case they still are, can the mods please delete this post? Thanks.

Edit: I can't get the pic to show. :'( Sorry.
Just fixing the pic(s).

these dorks!

[edit]:
i hope people asked them for permission for this...that was uncomfortable to watch. :?
houseplant
squish

also this:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/N7s ... 9410250896" data-did="979e3be960aba1721c392112b4f0a495f79a00d7">[/tumblr]

damn, looks like they're having a fun honeymoon honeymoon

a layover or a separate stop? i'm still hoping they'll go to japan. anything could happen, really. ahhhh the possibilities...
DatCog
blobfish

I'm surprised at the number of fan pics already...is there a big fanbase in Singapore because nobody particularly recognised them in Japan (from what I could tell from their DITL)?
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

Singapore is super nice! I hope they have a nice time. I actually used to live in Singapore, and so I'm not surprised they're getting recognized a ton because most of the young people who live there are American expats, and are pretty in touch with American culture.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

DatCog wrote:I'm surprised at the number of fan pics already...is there a big fanbase in Singapore because nobody particularly recognised them in Japan (from what I could tell from their DITL)?
They speak English (or Singlish) in Singapore so it makes sense they'd have more of a following there, as opposed to Japan where very few people can speak English well or even have an interest in non-Japanese culture, and may therefore have less of an interest in British YouTubers. (If only I'd been in Tokyo at the same time as them... alas I was in Osaka... so much regret)
[offtopic]I know there's an IDB thread to see which countries people who like D&P are from, but it still amazes me that they're known so far and wide. How do people find them???[/offtopic]
Idk why but it makes me really happy they're in Singapore, holidaying yes boys, travel, see more of the world
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Mod note:
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Not sure if it's okay to post, but it's been an hour already so they might not be in the place anymore. In case they still are, can the mods please delete this post? Thanks.
We allow the posting of pictures which are already on UpdatedPhan.
The relavent rule here is Rule 3:
Refrain from sharing information about the individuals we discuss or about people associated with the individuals we discuss that the individuals themselves have not made publicly available. This extends to social media accounts discovered of friends and family, ex-partners, etc., and to the current location of any individual we discuss, or any individual associated with them, if there is a risk of harassment or loss of privacy.
So do not try to determine exact locations of photographs in public places until enough time has passed that we can be reasonably sure they are no longer there. We do not allow discussion of hotels where they may or may not be staying until we have confirmation from Dan and Phil that their trip to that location is over.
yupitsme
sofa crease

lishachi wrote: People are going crazy over Dans shoes as supposedly they are these:
Gotta spend that ad revenue somehow ;) (joking, he can buy what ever he likes! they look real comfy)

Where is the place they are going again? It's in Australia right? I forget the thing they're doing there already. Stop off in Singapore before Australia then? :D
Wow, sorry Dan but I think those sandals are absolutely hideous I do like that he has the confidence to wear whatever he wants even though it can be a bit unusual I think they might stay a few more days in Singapore and then go to Australia. I think going to Japan for such a short time would proably be too busy, maybe after Australia?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm happy for them that they are in Singapore. Hope they are enjoying it.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm just celebrating the fact that they're in the same timezone as I am! I know it's not a big deal but seeing as I'll probably never see them ever, it's a big deal for me. Welcome to UTC+8 :platonic: :welcome: :yippee:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
blackdenim
procrastinator

I straight up LOVE those sandals they were the first thing I noticed when I saw the pics on twitter haha. Clearly I have terrible and expensive taste...
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

blackdenim wrote:I straight up LOVE those sandals they were the first thing I noticed when I saw the pics on twitter haha. Clearly I have terrible and expensive taste...
Glad I'm not the only one who has apparently unpopular taste in sandals
:D
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I really like the sandals too.

And I always find it funny when people are like "DAN SPEND 200 POUNDS ON A PAIR OF SHOES??"
They make so much money that 200 pounds doesn't even make a dent.
Or maybe I'm just used to that kind of thing because my brother has very expensive taste. He's a pharmacist and he still lives in the family home so needless to say he buys about 300 dollars worth of clothing/shoes every two weeks or so. Not to mention all the money he spends at restaurants... Oh, to have a well-paying job.

Plus, if Dan really did grow up very poor as he says, then I think it's awesome he can drop 200 pounds on a pair of sandals.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
blackdenim
procrastinator

SexyTrashCan wrote:
blackdenim wrote:I straight up LOVE those sandals they were the first thing I noticed when I saw the pics on twitter haha. Clearly I have terrible and expensive taste...
It's just me, you, /fɪl lɛstɚ/ and Dan!

I don't even think £200 is that unreasonable for a pair of sandals, especially if it's well within his budget! I don't get why people are so worked up about how much they spend on stuff... is it because they think the clothes are ugly/not worth the price? Loads of people who can't afford it nearly as easily as Dan and Phil buy much worse designer clothes all the time! Or is it because it makes them less 'relatable', I wonder...
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

blackdenim wrote:
SexyTrashCan wrote:

I don't even think £200 is that unreasonable for a pair of sandals, especially if it's well within his budget! I don't get why people are so worked up about how much they spend on stuff... is it because they think the clothes are ugly/not worth the price? Loads of people who can't afford it nearly as easily as Dan and Phil buy much worse designer clothes all the time! Or is it because it makes them less 'relatable', I wonder...
It could also have to do with the age of the people who are really that scandalized over £200. I know when I was younger, 200 dollars seemed like a lot of money, but as I get older it seems like less and less of a big deal. But that's just a wild guess
I am always on Phil Lester's side
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I didn't realize how much I missed seeing little floods of pictures of them out in the wild. They look so lovely and happy to be there.

I hope it wasn't too annoying/uncomfortable for them, though. It did look as though all the pics were taken in the same area (a mall?), which is good, since it suggests that it was concentrated and they weren't ambushed somewhere like the airport. I did notice Dan was reverting to the peace sign in a few of those.

Of course, they haven't posted anything yet, have they?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
majitzu
angel bean

I'm a simple girl

I see Dan's clothes
I watch the price
I laugh

It doesn't bother me how much he spends or anything like that, I feel amused about his fashion sense

Edit: some of you are saying that 200€ is not much ... wow. I'm so cheap I prefer to ride my bike everywhere instead of taking a taxi
Last edited by majitzu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Apparently they went to a Night Safari, because of course they did. I can't think of anything more perfectly them than a wildlife preserve tour at night.
blackdenim
procrastinator

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:
blackdenim wrote:
SexyTrashCan wrote:

It could also have to do with the age of the people who are really that scandalized over £200. I know when I was younger, 200 dollars seemed like a lot of money, but as I get older it seems like less and less of a big deal. But that's just a wild guess
Yeah that's true, I suppose when I was a teenager £200 was probably 6 months of saving and now it's like, more money than I'm really comfortable spending in one go but also doesn't feel like that much at the same time?

I wonder what those same people would think if they knew how much the boys are probably dropping on rent each month :wtf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:Apparently they went to a Night Safari, because of course they did. I can't think of anything more perfectly them than a wildlife preserve tour at night.
I honestly have heart-eyes all over the place for this couple's trip they're taking. It seems like they're totally alone (no management/family), which just honestly doubles my feelings.

The fact that the first thing they choose to do is a safari is just... cute as fuck. FUCK. They're just adorable human beings. I'm overwhelmed. :lel:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:Apparently they went to a Night Safari, because of course they did. I can't think of anything more perfectly them than a wildlife preserve tour at night.
Cute, and yes very them. :D

I find the sandals ugly and personally would never pay £200 for them, but it's not my money so I don't really care tbh.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Damn you and your lip bite Daniel

Edit: Also, cute cute coupley holiday I very much approve of this shame about Dan's weird ugly sandals and Phil's hair looking particularly plastic today Shame people are stalkers, but what's new tbh. Looking forward to the rest of their adventures, maybe a cheeky vlog? let's be real that's too much to ask
Last edited by bluebox-away on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
mio
#relatable

this is the cutes selfie ever end me

...the sandals are still hideous tho
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
majitzu
angel bean

I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash I'm trash

They are enjoying their time there and i'm so happy like "what the hell?" I'm so trash right now
houseplant
squish

bluebox-away wrote: Damn you and your lip bite Daniel
you beat me to it! first official post. it's awesome that they still tell people where they are even though they perfectly know that people already know from fan pics. did they ever try to stay silent on the fact that they travelled together like this despite the pics taken of them? or did they just post selfies of where they are to let us know that they're alive and well?

i love how, despite the thinnest veneer of work-related travel they can fall back on, they're obviously alone and just doing their own thing. they've never seemed more like a couple to me, and a really happy and settled one at that, than when they're travelling like this it's just the vibe i'm getting
Last edited by houseplant on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.