VidCon EU Amsterdam

A place to discuss any IRL interactions with Dan & Phil.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm going to Vidcon Amsterdam and they have a meetup, aptly named TAMINOF. I have a creator track ticket so might go to their event instead, so thought I'd ask on here if anyone was going and might want to meet up at another time. Totally meant to ask earlier, but I'll be around tomorrow in the daytime and online on my phone while there anyway, it might happen
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I lowkey forgot Vidcon EU was happening until earlier this week despite it being like 20 minutes away by train. :facepalm: I wish I had 150 euros sitting on my bank account doing nothing because I see they're still selling tickets at the door but sadly I don't :(
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
human
dan hand trash

I'd really wanted to go, but it's so expensive to stay there for the weekend and I think when I checked, even the flights weren't that cheap for those dates. Bit annoying. I still might feel like a few days there if I feel impulsive enough lol. TAMINOF would be hilarious lol
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, I got possibly the last cheap hotel room a bit of a walk away, but it's good. I forgot a plug adapter though, would be hard to coordinate, rationing my phone use. It's good so far, though questionable choice of music while waiting in the main hall. Just sat next to a girl with the same Dan-design galaxy backpack and saw a kid with the Phil one on the plane, not even going to the con (judging by screaming toddler sibling).
human
dan hand trash

Oh, oops lol I didn't realise it was this weekend hahahaha.

Have fun!!! :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Thank you! That's a shame since you're close, Catallena, I'm spending a small fortune just on food (I like this ice cream swirled with the toppings all through it).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

flarequake wrote:Thank you! That's a shame since you're close, Catallena, I'm spending a small fortune just on food (I like this ice cream swirled with the toppings all through it).
This moring I was like 'I could hang around the Rai convention centre like an annoying fangirl..' but meh. I hope Vidcon EU is enough of a success for them to do it again next year, then I'll try and save up for a ticket just for the lolz :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
human
dan hand trash

How come Cornelia is there backstage in the stage area? I'm curious whether there might be two special guests flying in for one evening only or something.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Catallena wrote:
flarequake wrote:Thank you! That's a shame since you're close, Catallena, I'm spending a small fortune just on food (I like this ice cream swirled with the toppings all through it).
This moring I was like 'I could hang around the Rai convention centre like an annoying fangirl..' but meh. I hope Vidcon EU is enough of a success for them to do it again next year, then I'll try and save up for a ticket just for the lolz :')
Yeah, that'd be good. It wasn't the most packed it could have been, but the 1500 seats by the main stage were fairly full for the shows and some of the creator panels seating a few hundred were pretty full too.
human wrote:How come Cornelia is there backstage in the stage area? I'm curious whether there might be two special guests flying in for one evening only or something.
Deps must already have been on their way to Asia, though I saw Cornelia and Martyn in the audience for the Sunday night show. One of their tweets just said they were checking it out, there weren't any merch stands, but they might have done well there. About 400 people saved the Taminof meetup to their schedules, according to the app. Of the others they do merch for, only Carrie was there on panels and in the show, Niki and Sammy went, but they'd griped how they and quite a few other Brits weren't invited as featured creators.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I do wonder what makes Dan and Phil not want to go to these more local conventions. Seeing as they didn't do very many places in Europe on tatinof I am surprised that they didn't attend Vidcon EU.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ellainebetz
not a first-time poster

I was recently in Amsterdam, went to work on a business trip. But I want to go on vacation for two weeks, I really liked it there.