Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

I am team unconvinced until further proof but hopeful. Someday I think they're moving, someday I don't think so.

My biggest convincing proof so far is Dan not having his wirrow painting because he always have it there and even bother to hang it up when he wasn't supposed to. It seems very weird to move it somewhere else unless (if he is not moving) he plans to hang something else there.

I am not at all convinced by the dissappearing things in the kitchen. No reason at all. I just don't feel it.

Anyway,
impalamedean wrote: Welp.. looks like someone found (managed to hunt down) D&P in Darling Harbour.
Phil looks so WHITE. Is that him or sunscreen?
They really look nice here, especially Phil looking all pale and vampirish. I hope they are having a nice time.

Hoho. I'm top of the page. :D
Love is forever
Flomy
sofa crease

swofro wrote:
Anyway,
impalamedean wrote: Welp.. looks like someone found (managed to hunt down) D&P in Darling Harbour.
They really look nice here, especially Phil looking all pale and vampirish. I hope they are having a nice time.
I think someone already mentioned it, but seeing them without any family or someone from the crew or Drake the bodyguard makes me so happy. Just these two giants out in the wild enjoying themselves is too much for my demon heart. Plus I live for Dan's hair looking even curlier and Phil looking even more pale than usual.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Flomy wrote:I think someone already mentioned it, but seeing them without any family or someone from the crew or Drake the bodyguard makes me so happy. Just these two giants out in the wild enjoying themselves is too much for my demon heart.
Never going to deter demonic activity but the merch crew was only for TATINOF and Drake was for TATINOF USA. It's not probable we will see them in the future and we did not really see Deppy with the merch crew. We will probably see them with their manager during events.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

bluewho wrote:
spider wrote:Months without uploading she comes back with a tag trash

Dan & Phil Baking floury crotch compilation
Dan in Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies 13:34
Phil: 'Look at that mess.'

Phil in Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies 13:34
Dan: 'And Phil. Wow that's impressive.'

Dan: 'Phil turn around. WOW.'

Phil in Monster Pops 16:34
Dan: 'That's impressive.'

Phil in Pastel Lemon Meringues 6:26
Dan: 'Mate.'

Also I believe Deppy are moving. Thought it was bullshit until Dan said about the painting that he is 'relocating' it. It is a beautiful Spring 2017 so far
I don't know about you guys but this the content I signed up for 10/10
Same here, what a come-back spider and as you say Spring 2017 has been pretty damn glorious so far

I haven't quite decided how I feel about the baking video yet, except for that kitchen looks empty as fuck as rizzo pointed out. At this point I don't see two ways about it, they must be moving house or have already moved

Interesting suggestion too about this easter vid being a springboard for pastel merch, could see that coming but surely they'd have released it before so they could soon the merch at the end?

Finally, why the hell are they visiting Darling Harbour? Possibly the least-nice bit of Sydney imo, at least they also went to Bondi which is lovely
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

basictrashfan
crusty sponge

Judging from other tweets from the same person it does look more like hunted down. But I really do hope that they are having fun and enjoying their holiday. They have a show(?)(can I even call it that if it's a 20 minute appearance) tomorrow in Sydney and then another one in Melbourne after. I wonder what their plans are after. Detour to Japan on the way home perhaps?
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
Flomy
sofa crease

spider wrote:
Flomy wrote:I think someone already mentioned it, but seeing them without any family or someone from the crew or Drake the bodyguard makes me so happy. Just these two giants out in the wild enjoying themselves is too much for my demon heart.
Never going to deter demonic activity but the merch crew was only for TATINOF and Drake was for TATINOF USA. It's not probable we will see them in the future and we did not really see Deppy with the merch crew. We will probably see them with their manager during events.
I know it was during tatinof usa, I just felt like I've seen them with a lot of other people on trips and never just by themselves. Or maybe 'seen' is the wrong word, i just like that they're holidaying together. But I might be wrong.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That straw is a bit disturbing.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingOCD
glabella

SquishPhan wrote: That straw is a bit disturbing.
Why are there two straws?? (I can see the tumblr analyses now...)

Great to see Deppy enjoying Singapore and Sydney! (I've been very busy with college so looking at those beautiful pictures melted my and the trashcan has consumed me even more! )

My shipping levels for Phan have gone through the roof...

I agree with whoever on here that said that the baking video was always going to be a bit underwhelming after the 'hot, sexual mess' that was Monster Pops. I did have that in my head when I saw the notification (I squeaked!) and started watching the video.

I still really enjoyed the baking vid though. I LOLed so hard at Deppy's failure, but once the meringues still tasted nice it's all G!

And for the people who were asking, you can buy meringues on their own in Ireland and England in packs of about 4 or 6? You usually crush them up to mix them up with ice cream/cream/jelly (one of my favourite desserts)
When i say jelly, I don't mean jelly as in jam, just to make myself clear

#teammoving
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
papierklemmen
flower crown

welp

edit:

is this the return of drunk-tweeting dan? lol
gnostic
stress mushroom

papierklemmen wrote:welp

edit:

Is that some sort of twitter meme I don't know about?
Just here for the marketing skills
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

papierklemmen wrote:
Judging by the fact that phil tweeted about the fact their flight got in at 5 am this morning, I'd say it's more extreme sleep deprived dan tweeting at almost three am maybe mixed with drunk dan. Being sleep deprived can seriously make you start questioning and worrying about small things. He honestly needs to go bed and just sleep for a good 8 hours or more.
Last edited by confusedpanda on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote:
Phil likes his own videos :sideeye:
:D
papierklemmen
flower crown

gnostic wrote:
theneedledrop is the yt-ber dan keeps tweeting @ with music opinions.
malday
emo goose

gnostic wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:welp

edit:

nah, dan replied to him first because he did a review on arca. don't know what melon's deal is that he tweeted dan so much afterwards, though.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Another brilliant oqua compilation - and this one really drives home how similar Dan and Phil are in a lot of ways, and how they balance each other's anxieties out.

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blackdenim wrote:As someone who loves making meringues, I found that video so distressing to watch. Where did they get the recipe????? Maybe they misunderstood it - you're not meant to add the sugar, etc until the egg is totally beaten.

They definitely beat it too much, which is why their meringues didn't rise. Watching them mix the colour in so vigorously when the mixture would have been just about ok before that point made me cringe.

(And it's only raw egg yolk you shouldn't eat as far as I know - Dan could have licked that bowl to his heart's content)

I think I took the wrong things away from this video.
I've been waiting for someone who likes baking as much as I do to reply something like this. They turned out so bad, even for them haha! Every time Dan said he couldn't lick the bowel because of the raw egg I wanted to shout at the computer "cake mixture has raw egg in you fool" and people always lick that. You're right about the egg yolk though, I mean I love a sour drink and there is always egg white in there, nomonomnom.

I've watched the video back a couple of times now and I agree with people when they say it isn't their favourite baking video. I really love their baking videos, and I did enjoy this one a lot but something just felt a bit off for me. I am kinda over them being so offended by whisks, it's an old joke which is so done now, I eyerolled hard every time they brought it up. Also, Dan screaming when Phil lifted the bowl over his head, seriously that bit looked so scripted to me. At least it gave me a bit of Wanking!Dan in there though, can't complain about that. 2017 has blessed me with many opportunities for gifs
Flomy wrote: I think someone already mentioned it, but seeing them without any family or someone from the crew or Drake the bodyguard makes me so happy. Just these two giants out in the wild enjoying themselves is too much for my demon heart.
Sorry to break it to you but their manager is actually with them in the photo, I've circled her for you. It doesn't surprise me she is with them in Australia though as they are there for work.
spider wrote:Months without uploading she comes back with a tag trash

Dan & Phil Baking floury crotch compilation

Dan in Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies 13:34
Phil: 'Look at that mess.'

Phil in Monster Pops 16:34
Dan: 'That's impressive.'
Yay, welcome back Spider.
I just wanted to say is Phil wearing Dan's jeans? He usually wears zip jeans but in this photo he has button ones, exactly like Dan's.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
flurry
living flop

Here I am late to the party as usual.

I really hope they did a DITL in Singapore! I would be so thrilled especially since we kind of know the places they went from the photos and Singapore is tiny by the way so it would be so amazing for me to see familiar places in a D&P vlog.

I also loved the golf video. It was so zen and calm and the course was great - more golf videos please! I'm surprised that Phil touching Dan's cheek was so little discussed here. I thought the whole video was cute and they were in a relaxed mood. Also the whole casual bff declaration especially when they wore the burger socks? Loved it.

I loved the baking video as well!! Granted it kind of felt different from the others because of the editing mostly - it felt like Phil was still influenced by the crafts video editing and used much of the same type of heavy effects which were a bit jarring because this time it's less ironic or parodic. The two of them were rather hyper too but I liked it! Also having made some really fail pancakes the day before, the video was strangely uplifting to me! I laughed so hard at how fail their meringues were. It's especially interesting when I compared it to say Zoella making meringue because hers is so perfect and polished and D&P's were frankly terrible but then again their video was so entertaining and relatable (for me anyway). Bring on more baking! What a pleasant surprise. Do they only bake once or twice a year though? Is the next one gonna be Halloween or Christmas maybe?
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote:Another brilliant oqua compilation - and this one really drives home how similar Dan and Phil are in a lot of ways, and how they balance each other's anxieties out.

This is a great compilation, and shows/proves two things:
1. that these two dorks are totally married
2. Phil is a hot mess.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I love the first Easter baking video. That is my all time favorite AmazingPhil collab. I'm pretty sure I watched that a hundred times. I also have it saved offline coz it makes me happy very time I am bored or sad. And comparing that video to the latest one, the meringue baking video is underwhelming. But it doesn't mean it is not entertaining. It was a good video. I just want to strangle them coz they're doing everything wrong. I know it's difficult to whip egg whites manually but after adding the food coloring they should have folded it. Also, who makes meringue that thin? They should have watched more youtube tutorials. That's how I learned.

I was never a fan of the Monster Pop video because it's too OTT for me so I can't say that this was better. They're interaction in both videos were staged. But I agree that after the Monster Pop video they basically used up all the innuendos/jokes that they can use in a baking video. It's no longer suprising especially when they have better interactions in their gaming videos.

I wonder why all of Phil's latest videos were in the trending page while Dan's videos were not. How did the bots decide those things? I've accepted that you need to know Phil before you subscribe to him so putting him in the trending page doesn't really contribute to his sub counts. I wish the gaming videos will be in the trending page instead.

The AUS festival is only this weekend. (I am still confused what Deppy will perform.) I wonder what they'll do after it. I don't think they can go back to London immediately because people will definitely see them so they really don't have a good excuse why the LS is postponed. If they plan to go to Japan, they already missed the hanami season in Tokyo. They should go north of Japan to see the cherry blossoms. I really wish they go to Kyoto and Osaka instead. It's more common for foreigners to wear yukatas in Kyoto. And I want to see them wearing one. (people will scream "cultural appropriation").

Now I am excited for the 3rd AmazingPhil video. Day in a Life (without bedgate) Please.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Diyes_Celine wrote: The AUS festival is only this weekend. (I am still confused what Deppy will perform.) I wonder what they'll do after it. I don't think they can go back to London immediately because people will definitely see them so they really don't have a good excuse why the LS is postponed. If they plan to go to Japan, they already missed the hanami season in Tokyo. They should go north of Japan to see the cherry blossoms. I really wish they go to Kyoto and Osaka instead. It's more common for foreigners to wear yukatas in Kyoto. And I want to see them wearing one. (people will scream "cultural appropriation").
I think they'll come home and finish their move, that's my reasoning for them taking 3 weeks off. Phil could have totally done a liveshow on the Thursday before they left for Singapore but chose not to. It'll be a case that no-one really knows where they'll be as they haven't said so unless they get spotted, we won't know. They were so sneaky on the way to Singapore and then again on the way to Australia that they could be stealth-like on the way home as well.

I said it on twitter yesterday but I kinda half wish someone at the m&g just asks them directly about the move, it will be interesting to see what they're reaction would be (i'm hoping exactly like he said no but his eyes said yes).
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

missemma wrote:
blackdenim wrote:As someone who loves making meringues, I found that video so distressing to watch. Where did they get the recipe????? Maybe they misunderstood it - you're not meant to add the sugar, etc until the egg is totally beaten.

They definitely beat it too much, which is why their meringues didn't rise. Watching them mix the colour in so vigorously when the mixture would have been just about ok before that point made me cringe.

(And it's only raw egg yolk you shouldn't eat as far as I know - Dan could have licked that bowl to his heart's content)

I think I took the wrong things away from this video.
I've been waiting for someone who likes baking as much as I do to reply something like this. They turned out so bad, even for them haha! Every time Dan said he couldn't lick the bowel because of the raw egg I wanted to shout at the computer "cake mixture has raw egg in you fool" and people always lick that. You're right about the egg yolk though, I mean I love a sour drink and there is always egg white in there, nomonomnom.

I've watched the video back a couple of times now and I agree with people when they say it isn't their favourite baking video. I really love their baking videos, and I did enjoy this one a lot but something just felt a bit off for me. I am kinda over them being so offended by whisks, it's an old joke which is so done now, I eyerolled hard every time they brought it up. Also, Dan screaming when Phil lifted the bowl over his head, seriously that bit looked so scripted to me. At least it gave me a bit of Wanking!Dan in there though, can't complain about that. 2017 has blessed me with many opportunities for gifs
i first want to say that....their baking videos, while i enjoy them thoroughly, always confuse me. why are they so bad at baking? i can't tell if they're trying to be bad on purpose like as a meme or if they're just like some stereotypical dudes who don't know shit about baking.

but mainly, i can't believe that they're mixing things by hand in 2017 when they could buy the nicest stand mixer out there. maybe they wouldn't use it enough to warrant it, maybe they think the noise would distract from the videos, maybe they think that mixing it themselves makes it more interactive. those would all be valid reasons but for some reason it really bothers me every time as i've had a kitchenaid for at least 10 years and an electronic hand mixer before that.

also, the whisks are an overdone joke. but phil didn't eat any of the ingredients beforehand this time so maybe it's baby steps
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

missemma wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote: The AUS festival is only this weekend. (I am still confused what Deppy will perform.) I wonder what they'll do after it. I don't think they can go back to London immediately because people will definitely see them so they really don't have a good excuse why the LS is postponed. If they plan to go to Japan, they already missed the hanami season in Tokyo. They should go north of Japan to see the cherry blossoms. I really wish they go to Kyoto and Osaka instead. It's more common for foreigners to wear yukatas in Kyoto. And I want to see them wearing one. (people will scream "cultural appropriation").
I think they'll come home and finish their move, that's my reasoning for them taking 3 weeks off. Phil could have totally done a liveshow on the Thursday before they left for Singapore but chose not to. It'll be a case that no-one really knows where they'll be as they haven't said so unless they get spotted, we won't know. They were so sneaky on the way to Singapore and then again on the way to Australia that they could be stealth-like on the way home as well.
But wouldn't they want to do some more touristing i AUS. I mean they travelled all that way, why not take to opportunity to see a bit more of it. Unless they need to get back for some moving stuff.

I think they might have moved before they left. They seemed fairly packed up by early April and professionell movers could empty that flat in a couple of hours, they really don't have that much stuff or furniture. Btw, do they really want to bring of half that furniture to a new place? Why would they pay someone to move that crappy sofa?

But I really have no idea, the timeline is really confusing.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

awsugar wrote: i first want to say that....their baking videos, while i enjoy them thoroughly, always confuse me. why are they so bad at baking? i can't tell if they're trying to be bad on purpose like as a meme or if they're just like some stereotypical dudes who don't know shit about baking.

but mainly, i can't believe that they're mixing things by hand in 2017 when they could buy the nicest stand mixer out there. maybe they wouldn't use it enough to warrant it, maybe they think the noise would distract from the videos, maybe they think that mixing it themselves makes it more interactive. those would all be valid reasons but for some reason it really bothers me every time as i've had a kitchenaid for at least 10 years and an electronic hand mixer before that.

also, the whisks are an overdone joke. but phil didn't eat any of the ingredients beforehand this time so maybe it's baby steps
I don't think they're bad at baking per say, most of their other creations turned out pretty good for two guys who used to cook a lot but now order out pretty much all of the time. Meringues are pretty hard to cook for beginners, they even left them in too long so they kinda burnt. The other stuff they've made (bar the pumpkin cookies because that dough was so sticky i'll give them kudos for making them) has been fairly simple in baking terms.

I agree with you about the stand alone mixer (i am hella jealous of your kitchen aid, i totally want one but can't justify spending money on one at the moment), but i just don't think they'd ever use it. i said it already but they have become so lazy at cooking, they order out all the time, i mean, who even orders in pancakes on pancake day, that is the worst thing deppy have ever done if you ask me
QuiteFriendly wrote: But wouldn't they want to do some more touristing i AUS. I mean they travelled all that way, why not take to opportunity to see a bit more of it. Unless they need to get back for some moving stuff.

I think they might have moved before they left. They seemed fairly packed up by early April and professionell movers could empty that flat in a couple of hours, they really don't have that much stuff or furniture. Btw, do they really want to bring of half that furniture to a new place? Why would they pay someone to move that crappy sofa?

But I really have no idea, the timeline is really confusing.
I think they might actually, they said they wanted to go back after tatinof so they could spend another week out there. Don't worry though, someone is bound to spot them out and about if they do stay in australia, because all i've seen on twitter is people literally searching for them and tweeting others about it :facepalm: